Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being sick, would you rather have a runny nose or a stuffy stopped up one?

Zygen

67 users have voted

1. 1. Runny or stuffy nose?

• Runny
    • Stuffy

Hey y'all I know this might be slightly.. Odd of a thread to make, but since I've been sick for the past couple days(Thank God i'm getting over it now) the idea had come to mind and I figured, ah why the heck not make it Xd.

So yeah pretty simple question, when your sick (As I know all of us have been) atleast with common colds and such you always either have a stopped up nose which makes it hard to breath, or a runny nose which is well annoying for sure :P.

So which one do you prefer? I know both suck, but I mean you have to have one you hate more.

I personally hate runny nose more then a stuffy one, I mean with a runny nose its just so high maintenance, atleast I can have a stuffy nose and not have to have a tissue every 5 seconds.

What about y'all? I'm gonna put a poll on here for you to vote, but I'd like to see posts justifying your answer of course. You don't have to, but it would be cool :).

Later y'all!

A stuffy nose would be my choice. Having a runny nose sucks because if it has been that way for a few days...your nose gets practically rubbed raw from all the tissues and stuff...well, that's what usually happens to me...

• Brohoof 1

I dont like a stuffed up nose It means you have to walk around all day with your mouth open witch makes it dry up then your lips get dry and get sore and you cant sleep at night. At least with a runny nose there is some relief between blowing it. 

• Brohoof 2

Such a difficult choice, especially for two things that do not provide much happiness. :P After thinking a bit, I think stopped up is more tolerable. While it can be hard to breath a bit and it just being uncomfortable, at least (like you said) you do not need a tissue every 2 seconds and I tend to sneeze less when stopped up. It is just easier to forget about. All I need to do is have a nice bowl of soup and wash my face with warm water and I can stay moderately comfortable. :)

• Brohoof 1

Runny, for sure. I hate not being able to breath very well. I have a follow up question pertaining to this: would you rather have a sore throat or vomit? I'd go with vomit because it will happen and then it's over. Depending on the severity, you'd vomit more than once, obviously, but it's not painful. I get strep at least once a year (I few years ago, and I kid you not, I got it SIX times. SIX. It was hell.) and sore throats will often last for days. When I had mono this year I had terrible sore throat for over a week. With vomit, you're not in constant pain.

• Brohoof 2

I'll take stuffy over runny any day. I can take having to mouth breath for a day or two over the torture of having to constantly wipe/blow my nose. Plus, what if I run out of tissues? It's terrible! #1stWorldProblems

Edited by Cota
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmm, it really depends, sometimes when you cannot breath out your nose it is a real pain, but having a runny nose it also annoying because it dribbles and it's very annoying! But they are both bad.

• Brohoof 1

Oh my god, definitely a runny nose.

Congestion sucks. At least when you have a runny nose, mucus is coming out, rather than staying in. Stuffy noses I feel last a lot longer.

• Brohoof 2

Runny. I feel like I can make more progress by constantly removing junk from my sinuses into a tissue, than I can by sitting there and being irritated that I can't even breathe through my nose.

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

Runny nose because, all I would need is my allergy pills, tissues, and plenty of rest. I hate having a stuffy nose especially in the morning, the period of time where I'm cranky.

• Brohoof 1

Going with Runny... I hate stuffed up ones.. drives me crazy, try and breath and its like no!! ahhh! that and just about every time I do get sick.... I get stuffy...

True, they do drive me a bit crazy sometimes. 

Sometimes i just get sick and its both runny and stuff then it just sucks ;p.

But yeah i get what you mean, its really annoying how you can't breath right, and then it makes your sound congested of course.

Runny nose because, all I would need is my allergy pills, tissues, and plenty of rest. I hate having a stuffy nose especially in the morning, the period of time where I'm cranky.

Well, i guess if i had rest it would be easier to bear either really, of course alot of times when i'm sick i end up doing stuff anyways, whether it be school or whatever, so usually i can't just get rest and have to attend to my nose constantly on the go. 

Thats when i certainly rather stuffy nose i guess, but i guess if i'm home i'd rather runny.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
(edited)

This poll is a strange poll at that lol. :P

I'd rather have a runny nose than a stuffy nose when I'm sick. Honestly, being stuffed up feels like someone stuffed tissues up your nose. I hate it when you want to sleep but you can't because it feels like you can't breath. :/

Edited by Sommar

Tough choice but I would say runny. Even though runny noses are messier, stuffy noses are much harder to breathe and I care about my breathe more than stuff from my nose dripping out.

A runny nose. During winter, I almost ALWAYS get a stuffy one and it sucks so bad. It's worse because I have astma too. Also, I keep making snorting noises that sound like a pig and my parents and other people get also as much mad or grossed out as much I am. My dad wouldn't stop calling me a pig whenever I make snorting noises like those. Sometimes hits or slaps me for it and my mom just gets annoyed. >_>

I think about this kind of stuff when I'm sick too :P this exact question too actually haha.

I choose runny, I hate stuffed up noses, I hate not being able to breathe properly when I eat, risk choking, hate trying to fall asleep like that too, ugh.

Stuffed up nose.  'Cause I've got this special hole in my face called a mouth through which air can enter and escape.  And I won't always be right next to a box of tissues.  If I decide I'd rather have a runny nose after all, I'll eat spicy food and / or drink a hot beverage.

Runny. I still try to blow my nose when it's stuffy because I hate the feeling of a plugged nose, but to my frustration, nothing happens. I just end up with a sore nose from trying to gain just 10 seconds of relief