Zygen

Being sick, would you rather have a runny nose or a stuffy stopped up one?

66 members have voted

1. 1. Runny or stuffy nose?

• Runny
    • Stuffy

Runny. I still try to blow my nose when it's stuffy because I hate the feeling of a plugged nose, but to my frustration, nothing happens. I just end up with a sore nose from trying to gain just 10 seconds of relief

Badges

I wasn't aware that they were really separate? More like every bad cold I get ends up going from being stopped up to very runny in the end. I much prefer runny, because then I can breathe. Colds have gotten a lot worse for me in recent years, when my nose gets stopped up really bad it makes me gasp for air and I can't sleep. =/ Breathing through the mouth isn't good enough for me.

I can't breathe as easily with a stuffed nose. Runny it is!

(edited)

I'd rather have a stuffed nose when in public and a running nose in private. But since I can't choose I always happen to get the runny nose when in school <.<

Edited by Lunatic Cake

Ugh... both are so inconvenient

Runny. Well it's uncomfortable, it isn't as uncomfortable as having your nose stuffy to the point of congestion. 

runny. Cause at least you can clear it. Stuffed up stops your breathing there and it's hard to sleep with a stuffed up nose. 

A runny nose no hesitation there.
LET ME TELL YOU.

When I get sick, my nose gets stuffed up and I can't breathe at night, my throat ends up getting sore, and my lips chapped from snoring the entire night. JUST NO. 

Badges

A runny nose definitely because when I've gotten a stuffy nose, I've felt like I couldn't stand up straight and I've gotten awful headaches too.

Badges

As much of an annoyance runny noses are, I'd rather have that than a stuffy nose.

Badges

I absolutely despise having a stuffy nose.  I would much rather have a runny nose and be able to still breathe through it, than not being able to breathe through my nose at all!

Runny is better because it means it's over soon.

But if we're talking about sensations only, I prefer a stuffy noise.

Runny. I can't stand the feeling of a blocked nose.

Runny. I've had stuffy noses before and it's awful.

Ss unpleasant as nith are, i'd have to go with runny, because at least you know the infection is leaving your body--or trying to!

I would rather have a runny nose because then at least I could breathe through my nose. I hate breathing through my mouth.

runny not a stopped up one at least you can breath

I’d rather have a stuffed up nose than a runny one. Past experience has taught me that trying to sleep with constant runs dripping out of your nose and getting all over everything, really sucks. :mlp_gag:

I’ll go with the stuffy nose I think. I don’t like it runny and having to blot my nose every two seconds. Not only is it annoying to have a steady stream of snot coursing down my face, but it’s also unsanitary, highly contagious and too much blotting irritates the skin. If my nose is all stuffed up at least I can breathe through my mouth. It seems the lesser of two evils.  

I'd rather have a runny nose than a blocked up one as I hate the feeling of not being able to breath through my nose even though having to constantly blow my nose with a runny one is annoying too.

Both aren't exactly ideal, though I'd prefer to have a runny nose over a stuffy one. I can tolerate the mess that comes with having a runny nose, however I can't tolerate not being able to breath through it.

I want neither but I would choose the runny over the stuffed because I would like to breath through my nose which is more possible when it’s runny.

You're more likely to develop sleep apnea with a congested nose. I'd rather deal with a runny nose. Wiping all that mucus flowing out is annoying, but it's worth it if you can still breath.

Badges

I'd rather have a runny nose because having a stuffy and stopped up nose means that I would need to blow it to be able to breath through my nose clearly again. Also, not blowing my nose and leaving all that stuff up there could eventually lead to a sinus infection, and those aren't pleasant.