Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Youtube] PMV: Seek and Destroy

Woohoo

I review PMVs all the time, so I guess I'll do this one as well.  

Well I can definitely say that I like your music choice, very nice indeed.  But anyway, I really can't criticize you all that much for this PMV because it's a long song to animate for.  7 minutes of straight film is not easy, trust me, I know.  However, with this in mind there still seems to be a lot of fillers in this clip that just don't fit the music at all.  Perhaps these fillers could have been replaced with some nice vector symbol flashing and custom animation instead of just having straight clips. (then again, take that with a grain of salt as I have no clue which editing program you use.  I use After Effects CS5, so it would be easy to do for me, but I hear that it's hard to do custom animation in windows movie maker XD)

At first, you had some nice white flash transitions that were totally awesome and fit well with hard rockin' music as demonstrated by tons of other simple PMVs.  I would have liked to see more of such an effect, as it really does fit well with the music.  You could also go for a few more interesting effects if your capabilities allow you to do so.  

So in conclusion, nice job with the filters even though some scenes were overused (rainbow guitar) and you had something going there with your transitions, but it didn't quite take off.  Even though it's a pretty long song, try for less filters, and more action scenes. It's hard to take a little girl's show and match it up with Metallica, but if they can do it with You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring then I'm sure this can be just as good.

An excellent idea, and a great start.  Again, I have no clue what program you use so all of this could be entirely worthless information.  If you did this with Windows Movie Maker, then again, congratulations.  So sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but it's just what I've been doing for 1 year now, and I figured I'd at least try to give constructive criticism.  Have a nice day!

• Brohoof 2

I review PMVs all the time, so I guess I'll do this one as well.  

Well I can definitely say that I like your music choice, very nice indeed.  But anyway, I really can't criticize you all that much for this PMV because it's a long song to animate for.  7 minutes of straight film is not easy, trust me, I know.  However, with this in mind there still seems to be a lot of fillers in this clip that just don't fit the music at all.  Perhaps these fillers could have been replaced with some nice vector symbol flashing and custom animation instead of just having straight clips. (then again, take that with a grain of salt as I have no clue which editing program you use.  I use After Effects CS5, so it would be easy to do for me, but I hear that it's hard to do custom animation in windows movie maker XD)

At first, you had some nice white flash transitions that were totally awesome and fit well with hard rockin' music as demonstrated by tons of other simple PMVs.  I would have liked to see more of such an effect, as it really does fit well with the music.  You could also go for a few more interesting effects if your capabilities allow you to do so.  

So in conclusion, nice job with the filters even though some scenes were overused (rainbow guitar) and you had something going there with your transitions, but it didn't quite take off.  Even though it's a pretty long song, try for less filters, and more action scenes. It's hard to take a little girl's show and match it up with Metallica, but if they can do it with You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring then I'm sure this can be just as good.

An excellent idea, and a great start.  Again, I have no clue what program you use so all of this could be entirely worthless information.  If you did this with Windows Movie Maker, then again, congratulations.  So sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but it's just what I've been doing for 1 year now, and I figured I'd at least try to give constructive criticism.  Have a nice day!

Thanks for the constructive criticism and unfortunatly, yes, I did make with this with Windows Movie Maker, probably because I'm too lazy/poor to get Vegas or Premire. Sorry for the excessive filler, I just didn't want to shorten the song (if that's a good excuse)
  • Brohoof 1