Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you really care about what people think about you?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

People are gonna say what people want to say, if they wanna smack talk me for liking mlp let em whatever i don't give a dam. first off i'm a bills fan and get it about that then i like mlp big deal

• Brohoof 1

As much as I usually don't care what people think of me, I can't fully say that it's working that way for me anymore. Back a couple years ago when I was in high school, I could have cared less about what people thought of me. Normally everyone kept their mouths shut when it came to talking crap about me and behind my back. If I was a brony in high school, I wouldn't have cared what anyone thought of me. As time has went on since I graduated, and everything that has happened to me over the past 2 years, it hasn't stuck like it used too. I have to side with those who say their closet bronies, or closet anything for that matter. Everything has a certain impact on someone's life, and even the thought of admitting that your a closet brony or anything else would just tear their world apart. For me, I don't care what people say or think about me, but i'm still a closet brony and i've been trying to slowly come out of that for a year or so. It's all about the current state of someone's life, whether or not their gonna start openly admit their a closet brony or anything.

Yes, in two circumstances.

One: My parents. I can't explain it, I just do. I could care less if the rest of my family found out, but my parents knowing would just bother me for some reason. Probably because, as I believe I've mentioned before, they know about Bronies and find them weird.

Two: Co-workers/Bosses. This one is understandable I'm assuming, and it's mostly because it really is none of their business and would probably  just throw a wrench into my time at work anyway.

That's about it. Everyone else deals with it and just accepts it, probably because I'm so awesome.

And humble.

naaa i dont care at all, they can say what they want about me it will never work

they will throw insults and i will laugh in their faces 

all though some kid at my school punched me in the face so i grabbed his neck and slammed him to the wall...hehe

I used to care what people thought of me and this is before I ever started watching MLP. It was mainly in Middle School and the Majority of High School, but now I that I've been in college a few years now I finally figured out that no one cares about what you do (unless your killing people or anything of that nature) because they are all preoccupied with being worried about what you and others think of them. Being able to be yourself confidently is one of the best social abilities to have. It allows you to make real friends that share the same interests and quirks you have. Although in college you won't really have many friends unless you live on campus because you should be too busy with school work.

Also when I say "Be yourself and confident in who you are" I mean that wholeheartedly, but take it with a grain of salt and use your best judgement as to whether you should tone it down to a more acceptable level. Obviously there are some people who are more 'eccentric' and 'passionate' and if you are 'too' much like yourself then it becomes intolerable and annoying really quickly, even I tone myself down in front of certain people so I don't look 'crazy'. So use your best judgement and you will be fine.

I have my ups and downs, some days I could care less what others think but some other days, I have problems taking criticism from others.  I don't really care if people know that I'm part of a fanbase that others might not be ok with.  It's just a show that I like and if they don't well that's their problem.  I wear enough nerd-wear that it's pretty obvious that I like some things people wouldn't consider watching due to age group or it's considered "too old".  I'm in college, so most people on campus would rather focus on their schoolwork instead of poke at others for their interests.  There are some people who still treat college like high school but most people have matured enough by then...

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

i honestly don't give two flying fucks about what people think bout me! id rather have ( and i do)  a small group of friends that i can be my self around and have a pocket full of fucks i don't give than have to be closet about this awesome show and its awesome community.  

scream it from the roof tops and some awesome things may happen I've met quite a few bronies ( in person)  i didn't know by being open about my love for the show. and you might too. 

Edited by HunterScars
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to say I don't care what people think of me, but truth is deep down I do. On the outside I'll say, "I don't give a f*** about what you think about me, I do what I do, cause that's who I am." When on the inside I plead for other's approval. I don't care much for being popular though. And I'm perfectly fine being by myself. 

I sometimes do. I know I shouldn't, but it sometimes comes up my head without me even noticing it. But when I do notice, I just try to shrug it off and keep carrying on. Sometimes it doesn't go that way, but meh, what can I do? :P

Whoa dude, calm it down a notch.

First of all, who said they are a closet brony because their friends would probably be against them being a brony? Yes, some of them are because of that, but most aren't. Some reasons, is first of all, getting criticism from family, who also might look at you differently, and maybe think you aren't being old enough, and get angry, etc. You can't just tell them "Hey, you aren't my true parents", and then just leave the house. Yes, a lot of the times, it's because of their family, which perfectly makes sense.

And what about people at school, like bullies and whatnot? I'm pretty sure they can do some damage to you if word gets out that you are a brony. This could really get you down, and just make school a hell for you. Teachers can't do too much (depends if you are in middle school or high school), and so you are left on your own (maybe some friends can help you out though).

Life isn't really short in school though. 7 hours every 5 days, a week, every year, for probably like 14 years (don't want to do math right now)? That's a long time.

I think you are taking this the wrong way. Just try to think about it in a different way.

I think you are taking it the wrong way.

(edited)

Sadly although i wish i could, I just can't reveal i'm a brony as i'm already in middle school with 12-13 year old boys, Who by the way are probably the most homophobic age group there is as they invented the "modern" definition of gay. Anyway, in middle school, shortest kid in my class, known as a total geek who has no life, I have 4 friends i really do not want to risk losing even one friend by telling them i like this show.

Plus, Parent's: conservative extreme Christians who have been in the military for 3 generations who would probably think i'm "A gay homosexual" for liking a show that's legitimately well done

Edited by DoctorWhoAreYouvian

This is a very idealized topic. As humans, we long for social bonds. To make and maintain them, we generally need to be ingrained in "normal" society. Doing things like talking about your enjoyment of miniature cartoon horsies as an adult man is not a part of the normal society. People seek to separate themselves from you in that case to more fully define themselves as part of the normal society, as a way of subconsciously rejecting anything outside the mainstream. This is why people dont hang out with people they think are weird, and as a "brony", you are considered weird. So we create a happy medium and do our weird stuff in private and act normal in public to satisfy both sides of things

• Brohoof 1

I don't care abut what people think about me as much as I used to, but I still do to some extent.  However, I realize I like what I like, and if someone chooses to think less of me because I like a cartoon, that person isn't worth my time.

It's easy to tell others they shouldn't care what people think, but accepting this and believing it is easier said than done.  Getting to a point where you're comfortable enough with your self to not care about what others think takes time, and some never reach this stage.  There are also other factors that can prevent people from telling others about their love for MLP or other things that may be seen as strange.  People generally want to fit in, and doing or liking something that is seen as different or odd can make it harder to be seen as part of the group.

I've found though that if you follow your interests, you'll eventually find like minded people and those will become better friends than the fake friends you try to impress or fit in with.  Also, if you spend less time worrying abut what others will think and just do what makes you happy, you will feel better in the long run and like I said, will eventually find people with similar interests smile.png .

I'm rather split here. I have trouble making friends so it would be bad having me technically be a brony because it would make it presumably harder to make real life friends. But then again among my current friends they know well enough and despite my protective habits I could still flatten them in a second. Then back to the bad my family, or atleast my mother who is the head of my family is very homophobic to the point if she sees a guy enjoying anything defined as cute or colorful she instantly assumes and makes it a point to hate them forever. And since Florida has shit for jobs and housing being kicked out because I think something small with big eyes is hug worthy.

So it more or less comes down to the person's social and family situation.

Well I for one don't really care what any pony thinks of me, let them call me what they wish or even think of me as they wish I don't mind. Its not like its the end of the world or anything cause somepony thinks you are weak or something, and you are a brony you should be damn proud! don't scared of some other pony or ponies finding out about it!

oh and post-16621-0-94080300-1372580604.png

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I used to care a lot about it, but over the last two or three years, I began to stop caring.

Now I actually just don't care whatsoever. If somebody is offended by me, it's their issue because I do nothing to be offended over.

Edited by Duzzkey

It is Human Nature that Humans don’t want to be portrayed bad in anyway by other people. But, the sad reality is The World and Humanity in general doesn’t owe you anything.

Since I made enemies I find it quite curious for why they hate me so much. I do occasionally try to understand my enemies reason for hating me since I’m a curious little gnat like that. If their reason for hating me holds true I take it as a learning lesson and a warning to be more self aware of my self in every way possible. Nobody’s perfect. :)

I’m usually self-conscious IRL so I think I might care about what people think about me. However, realizing that I’m trying to overcome my sensitivity and not let it be my kryptonite.

Deep down I really do not wish to care about what people think of me. I guess the saying goes, “You’re either born with a tough skin or you’re not”.

At the end of the day I live by my own words,

Life is neither fair nor unfair. It just doesn’t care what you think. Keep seeking knowledge and let it bear fruit for me to overcome the hardships of Life.”

I am subject to polarization by other forms of thought, regardless of my outlook on outer perspective, as this is one of the basic rules of electromagnetism in reality.

Knowing both myself and the other self as a singular intelligence, lessens the entropy caused by the separation between seemingly opposite polarities, given this understanding and my disciplinary dedication to developing wisdom.