Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion on Trixie?

DJMcdonnell

I am a HUGE Trixie fan are you and I want to know your opinions on her? I like her because she does something the elements of harmony never do.And after she tricked everypony into liking her is a bad thing but it is hard to explain I really feel bad for Trixie and I have been in the same possession as Trixie! I like Trixie for who she is and I wonder how do you like Trixie I am one of her fans and I really like her. now I did not like Trixie until I played a game where you had to say stuff to the characters in My Little Pony and when I got to the part to see Trixie I was not exited I first liked Pinkie Pie but Trixie ends up getting angry and leaving the stage because she only had 2 ponies watching her it was me and the stallion from Equestria Daily. I go up to her cart-house and comfort her she gave me a paper with her name on it and I really started to like Trixie so anyways how do you like Trixie?          

Trixie appealed to me right when I saw the first episode with her in it, Boast Busters. She's just as misunderstood as any other character like her in any other show or video game. I really have this thing where I'll obsess or fangirl over any misunderstood character because all they ever want to do is be appreciated. And I can relate to that. She tried so very hard just to make the others like her, but nobody understood that. they all thought she was bragging and ended up in a huge magic fight with her later on. And that really makes me feel bad for her. Trixie will always be my favorite pony, even more than Dashie, by just a bit. I love Trixie because she's the only character I think I'll ever be able to relate to completely!

• Brohoof 6

My opinion on Trixie is, well I like her. I like her character, design, pretty much everything about her I like. Even when she was an antagonist, I can still like her.

I really liked her in Season 1 and 3, especially for her attitude towards Snips & Snails it showed to me that even a mare can act like a villain and well I feel that she is misunderstood.

img-1312675-1-Trixie_Brushing_Her_Mane.g

Edited by ~Chaotic Lightning~
  • Brohoof 3

Trixie appealed to me right when I saw the first episode with her in it, Boast Busters. She's just as misunderstood as any other character like her in any other show or video game. I really have this thing where I'll obsess or fangirl over any misunderstood character because all they ever want to do is be appreciated. And I can relate to that. She tried so very hard just to make the others like her, but nobody understood that. they all thought she was bragging and ended up in a huge magic fight with her later on. And that really makes me feel bad for her. Trixie will always be my favorite pony, even more than Dashie, by just a bit. I love Trixie because she's the only character I think I'll ever be able to relate to completely!

I agree I can relate to her I really like how you put that but Trixie has this little attitude that make me like her I don't know I just for some reason like to honer a mare =3

I am not one of Trixie hard core fans but I do find her to be a fairly interesting character and wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of her in the future.

• Brohoof 2

I agree I can relate to her I really like how you put that but Trixie has this little attitude that make me like her I don't know I just for some reason like to honer a mare =3

I get that she has an attitude and everything, but think about it: her attitude is because of how she's looked at. I guess that's why i like her too. I kind of have the same attitude at times, my friends usually don't appreciate it very much. See, a connection!

• Brohoof 1

If it wasn't obvious enough, Trixie's best pony. My profile has an essay asto why, sadly, I cant copy paste on my phone. So yea, just read that.

• Brohoof 1

I've always liked Trixie, but recently I've become much more interested in her due to the whole misunderstood angle (especially after hearing the Living Tombstone song made about her).

She's a sad character, I'd think. She's a unicorn who's special talent is to fool people into thinking she has actual magic ability, and her first appearance sees her career (which is the equivalent of her ultimate destiny in this universe) practically derailed because of the actions of Worst Ponies.

I like to imagine that her egocentric personality is the result of years spent trying to earn the respect of others through her act, eventually becoming so embroiled in her stage persona that it's her default.

I don't know if the writers feel as sorry for Trixie as I do (the Mane Six certainly don't), but an episode that explains her behavior in a sympathetic light or maybe even sees her redeemed in the eyes of the other characters would be most welcomed.

But seriously, shut up, Seth.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

I really liked her in Season 2 and 3

Do you mean 1? Trixie isn't in season 2.

Don't really care for Trixie. Not a bad character, but sort of background-ish to me (not background like Lyra or Vinyl). She's okay..

Meh, I don't care much for her. I don't like her, but I don't hate her. Some fans obsession over her can be grating*coughsethcough* and no I don't think she's misunderstood. On the plus side, she is pretty

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I like how crisis on two equestria's handles Trixie.  Thing is she has character (and really is a character) but does try.  You get the feeling that she didn't have everything given to her on a silver platter.

• Brohoof 1

I dig her. I'd like to see her do something semi-heroic in the next season.

But she can't turn all good - she's got to stay somewhat evil. "Trixie" is the show's best "say the name aloud in a sneer" character.

Shes a pretty good character i'd say, her color scheme is really nice to look at, and I actually kinda like when she talks in third person for somereason Xd. but overall shes cool with me, I'm not a beaming fanboy over her, but shes cool.

• Brohoof 1

I was neutral on Trixie at first, but got more interested after thinking about the character and reading some explanations for her actions. She was in show business, and being cocky and a show off was a part of it. Instead of letting her be and move on tho the next town, everyone decided to try and show her up and prove her as a fraud, and eventually destroyed her business and ran her out of town. Sounds kinda rough to me. I'd be angry too if someone tried to destroy my livelihood because they had issues with my personality. Who's to say she wasn't nice in person when she wasn't preforming or put on the spot?

I sympathized with her when she returned, and am glad she got redeemed. Maybe we'll see more of her great and powerfulness in season 4 biggrin.png .

• Brohoof 1

I really don't think Ponyville gave her a fair chance at the beginning of "Boast Busters". So what if she had an ego? She's a stage performer; egos generally come with the territory. Plus, she's actually a bit of a prodigy, from what I've seen (not on Twilight's level, but quite skilled nonetheless).

I've also tried my hand at "Welcome To Ponyville", and yes, I also picked the positive dialogue when talking to Trixie. Her reaction = my heart go asplode.

• Brohoof 1

All I can really say is, Firebolt better not find this thread.

looks like she already did. :P

Trixie, I don't really know, she's superfun to draw, and I like her design. 

I really like her mane!

Her personality is quite similar to Dashie's, but I guess to me she's never had enough screentime for me to enjoy her enough. If she was in a few more episodes, then maybe I'd appreciate her a bit more.

Maybe if she also had a nice backstory, I'd like her a bit more as well. 

WE NEED BACKSTORY.

Y u no give us backstory Hasbro? img-1314313-2-huh.png

Edited by Fireball Rush

I really don't think Ponyville gave her a fair chance at the beginning of "Boast Busters". So what if she had an ego? She's a stage performer; egos generally come with the territory. Plus, she's actually a bit of a prodigy, from what I've seen (not on Twilight's level, but quite skilled nonetheless).

The point of her act was to draw out the egos in the audience and humiliate them in front of their peers. It's the main event of the show. Audiences love this stuff because they get the schadenfreude of seeing people who've always thought very highly of themselves get put down. There's got to be plenty of ponies in Ponyville who've secretly wanted to see Rarity have a fashion disaster inflicted on her or see the ever-boastful Rainbow Dash made a fool of. If Twilight had gone up there, Trixie would've pulled a fast one or two on her as well. Her only real sin is continuing her stage persona offstage.

So, I was kind of baffled at how hostile everyone was to each other in Magic Duel. Granted, Trixie can be a jerk, but I'd think the Mane Six would at least try to be nice to that pony who didn't really do anything to them.

I get the feeling that Trixie is very misunderstood, not only by the townsponies, but by herself as well.

There's a difference between stage magic and "real magic," (call it what you will,) even in the world of MLP it seems.  And it seems to me that Trixie's gift is for stage magic, whilst wishing it were more like what Twilight Sparkle does.

I like to imagine that her egocentric personality is the result of years spent trying to earn the respect of others through her act, eventually becoming so embroiled in her stage persona that it's her default.

I agree with Citrus King -- perhaps she at one point stopped being satisfied with her gift of stage-magic, striving to convince others it was more like we know Twilight's to be.  Perhaps it went badly.  Perhaps in seeking to regain the adulation she once experienced, she became harsher and egocentric.

(I know from my own life how easy that sort of thing can be to fall into.)

And I can imagine one day, Trixie realizing that her gift is to bring smiles and joy through her gift of Magic-as-Entertainment... and suddenly her whole life would seem to turn around for her.  I could imagine her receiving the praise and approval she so desperately seeks...

...For finally following what her destiny is, rather than what she wished it was.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie is an interesting villain with a great design. But I don't think she's one of the best ponies. She's made a lot of bad choices in her life and didn't seem to learn much from her mistakes in her second appearance, which I liked less than the first. She's not evil, but her actions suggest she is narcissistic and immature. She wants to be the center of attention at every other pony's expense, and that's wrong. I think that underneath all that is a sad, lonely individual who has never known acceptance or love. It's really pretty sad when you think about it.

• Brohoof 1

I think that Trixie inside is a sad loner who only wants attention but due to her boastful nature makes her a victim of the forever alone meme. Just joking :) anyway I think Trixie is a great character and I really want her and Twilght to get along better cos Twilight's reactions to Trixies apology at the end were just confusing. Does she like her or hate her? Besides that, she's great.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie is a realistic, charismatic antagonist. Her behavior is typical in the sense that most people have likely run across a similar individual at one point or another, and they can relate to the interactions between her and the inhabitants of Ponyville. In Boast Busters, I certainly loved to hate her, but didn't view her as inherently evil.

That aside, I don't view her as misunderstood. Issues with her past/upbringing which affect the way she acts to others? More than likely. Plenty of speculation to go around as to why she is the way she is.

I like that she was given a redemption of sorts at the end of Magic Duel, and hope she makes another appearance in S4.

• Brohoof 1