Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hate the beach -.-

Le Kvlt Dawn

I live in California and of course going to the beach is a common thing. But I personally HATE IT. I went to the beach once not long ago and I didn't like. It was sort of a family thing, so it was by older brother, a few uncles and a few cousins. So first of all, I don't like being bare foot. I'm always at least in socks. The sand burns so you have to run towards the water quickly. The water is really cold and I didn't want to go in too deep because I don't know how to swim. But my brother wanted me to "stop being a wuss" and go in deeper. So he ended up grabbing me, trying to get me to go in deeper and I sorta hit him in the arm. Then he compared me he to his girlfriend's daughter (who he brought along) and  said "You see she's having fun, why can't you have fun?". Then he made fun of me and asked me why I was crying even though I WAS NOT cryingdry.png. I don't like being in the sun a lot either, I sunburn and tan easily. I HATE being in crowds full of people that I don't know, It just makes me feel really akward. At least I was wearing a white t-shirt, I'm nothing but skin and bones and I didn't want anybody to see. Having sand in your socks gets really annoying and then after getting out of the water I was REALLY cold. I was shivering all the way home. I just hope I never have to go to the beach ever again. 

So what do you think of the beach?

• Brohoof 7

My family constantly tease me by saying "How do you get sand in a cup!?"

It all started at the beach, it was really windy so I poured myself a cup of water. Anyway, upon drinking it I probably ingested more sand than I did water, and I proclaimed "How do you get sand in a cup!?"

All in all. the beach can go screw itself. I'm not a big fan of it, although sports on the beach can be quite fun.

• Brohoof 1

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BEACH!

Hehe, anyway;

I love to surf,

I love to swim,

I love to play with my sister and friends in the sand,

Lastly, I like to relax on beaches. (quiet ones)

~Luna

• Brohoof 1

As a Southern California gal myself, I like the beach. I can't swim myself, but I do enjoy at least going in the water. I always have fun relaxing, collecting seashells, playing in the sand, and enjoying a lunch. I mean, there are drawbacks. I'm pretty fair-skinned so I can get burned very easily, it's easy to get sand everywhere on your clothes, and I don't enjoy the company of pesky seagulls. Still, the good outweighs the bad most of the time. The beach isn't for everyone, and I can see why a lot of people dislike it. It's not my favorite place in the world, but I like to go when friends or family go with me.

I may seem to be a fan of the ocean and water and all that, but I have a good reason to resent the beach. I nearly died at the beach on Fire Island in the Long Island Sound. It was a rip tide or current, or whatever the hell they're called. Point is it happened when I was a kid and it was very mentally scarring. I still hate going to beaches today and when my family drags me to one I be sure were as far from the water as possible.

It's probably more fun if you know how to swim. Water really isn't that fun when you can't swim.

I've heard that the Pacific Ocean is really cold. I've been to Alabama and Florida, and the water was fairly warm.

Edited by Link

I just love the beach, it´s fun to hang out with friends, chill in the sun, go swimming...

I´m not the best swimmer ever, but if you can swim and know how to handle a surf-board it can be so much fun :D.

But okay, if you don´t like it, nobody shoudl force you....

Hey, it's the beach; what's there to hate?

Except the sand getting in your toes.

And crabs nipping at your skin.

Those big buff douchebags always showing off.

The sun burning down on you.

The water getting in you eyes when you swim.

...yeah, you're right. The beach does suck.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I agree with you. Especially being far from shore, and feeling gooey stuff that feels weird. I tried going underwater, but I can't go underwater without getting salt in my mouth.

I went to Florida last year, and went to Disney Land, and the beach which is 15 minutes from Crystal River, where I was at.

I'm not a huge fan myself. It's okay, I don't mind it, but here the water tends to be fairly cold and the amount of really nice days can be severely limited. On top of that, the short coastline we do have means that on those days, the beaches are flooded with people. And you kind of are forced to take precautions to get rid of sand.

Now another thing to take into account. Is sunburn. Usually you wear swimwear at the beach and are forced to lubricate your skin with copious amounts of sun lotion.

Now for myself, I remember despite the sun lotion I got some very nasty burns. The problem is that I'm very white, I mean, you can use my face as the very definition of white in the dictionary. And I may need a grade of protection only available through magic. as such I just wear a t-shirt at all times at the beach now. Even in the water. Honestly, I've never had to deal with sunburns on my back and shoulders since I started that. So a win, win for me. So anyone who does have trouble with sunburns, just wear a t-shirt, on warm days, it'll dry on your skin anyway, so no worries.

I'm really not too fond of the beach either. My family went to Southern California around eight years ago. All I really remember about the part where we went to the beach was how sand got everywhere, even in my hair. And we were camping, and showers at camp sites are gross, so that was no fun. I hate camping. Ew.

I don't really hate the beach but I don't like it all that much either, I like all the babes but I don't really like how easily I get sunburned or getting sand everywhere.

I'm a fan of the beach, but even though I live in Florida, I don't go as often as I'd like. Having a full-time job and raising kids will do that to somepony's time. Still, I enjoy the beach about as much as can be expected.

I remember the oceans being clear, the waves were perfect, the sand wasnt too hot...Now it's full of jellyfish, you can't walk on the sand without sandals and the waves are only decent during a storm...Oh and it's raining every other day.

Not sure what happened, maybe i'm just forgetting all the shitty beach days.

Hello!

I'm not the biggest fan of beaches either... Considering the beach is 200Km away from where i live, i only visit it once every year :P Why i don't like it so much is because: The water isn't to clean... The sand is incredibly hot... There are way to many people...

I much preffer lakes and woods...

• Brohoof 3

Loud, overcrowded, and dirty. That's how beaches have been whenever I've gone there. No thanks. Hard to relax in that environment. You can't even fish in peace. Walking along in the sand and catching a piece of a broken beer bottle in my foot with kids and teenagers causing a ruckus everywhere isn't my idea of a good time.

I have a small fishing cabin by a lake where there are hardly any people, it's completely clean, and the area is surrounded by trees. All the fishing and swimming I care to do in complete peace and with plenty of shade. You can hear birds all day long and loons at night. I'll take that kind of waterfront over a beach any day.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not too fond of beaches either. My hometown has a beach, and we would go there all the time. Especially since my family has a condo on the beach. But I eventually got tired of the beach because of all the sand, the sun burn, it just became more boring than anything. It doesn't help when you live close enough to a beach and you go there often. I would rather fish on the beach, than go there for relaxation, swimming, eating food that get's sand in it. Although one good thing came out of eating food at the beach, I learned that peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches with chips stuffed in them is pretty good. Weird I know.

I understand your concern there, buddy. I have friends in San Diego and some tell me that they absolutely love the beach, while others are like "omg i hate it. it's too cold and shiz". At the same time I understand. I know there are many people out there that just despise the beach for so many reasons, whether it'd be for fear of water, environment, or simply because they get sunburned easily. I get sunburned a lot myself everytime I go to the beach. I'll whine for a day and I'll get over it, but that doesn't stop me from going to the beach.

Everyone's different. No need to feel bad about that. ;)

I hate the heat, I hate the sun, I hate being around that many people, I hate wearing shorts or no shirt, I hate the beach.... I do however love the cold!

I live in California and of course going to the beach is a common thing. But I personally HATE IT. I went to the beach once not long ago and I didn't like. It was sort of a family thing, so it was by older brother, a few uncles and a few cousins. So first of all, I don't like being bare foot. I'm always at least in socks. The sand burns so you have to run towards the water quickly. The water is really cold and I didn't want to go in too deep because I don't know how to swim. But my brother wanted me to "stop being a wuss" and go in deeper. So he ended up grabbing me, trying to get me to go in deeper and I sorta hit him in the arm. Then he compared me he to his girlfriend's daughter (who he brought along) and  said "You see she's having fun, why can't you have fun?". Then he made fun of me and asked me why I was crying even though I WAS NOT cryingimg-1314002-1-dry.png. I don't like being in the sun a lot either, I sunburn and tan easily. I HATE being in crowds full of people that I don't know, It just makes me feel really akward. At least I was wearing a white t-shirt, I'm nothing but skin and bones and I didn't want anybody to see. Having sand in your socks gets really annoying and then after getting out of the water I was REALLY cold. I was shivering all the way home. I just hope I never have to go to the beach ever again. 

So what do you think of the beach?

Dude, that's the exact same reason I don't want to go to the beach. Also, I might slip and fall and break my neck. We are like the same person!

So, yeah. I hate the beach. I would rather go to Antarctica. :(

• Brohoof 1

I don't occasionally go to beaches anymore, but the beaches in New York I don't usually like. Hot sand, overcrowding, and well very cold waters. But I wouldn't say that it is bad, but beaches have their cons.

I could try to get used to the beach, besides I sometimes do like wearing shorts because I have like the worst school uniform and well I just like wearing shorts better.

the ocean around me is pretty dirty, so i avoid the swimming. but girls in bathing suits is awesome! but i never had a problem with going to the beach, my parents and brothers always had fun.

but the thread starter guy, you need to learn to swim.. thats not even funny that you cant.. either your parents dont like you or something else is up :/