Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hate the beach -.-

Le Kvlt Dawn

You should all try going to the beach in Britain, it's rather interesting as one of the following always happens:

- It turns from lovely sunshine to pouring rain and strong winds

- You get attacked by hordes of seagulls trying to get to your fish and chips

- The beach you went to has no sand, just rocks and pebbles

- Everyone goes to the beach that same day and there is no room at all

Oh and there's always those kids that run through you're beautifully constructed sand sculpture of Hogwarts... -.-

Other than that it's absolutely marvellous!

I would rather go to Antarctica.

Please, I'd rather go to Siberia. At least they have tigers there.

but the thread starter guy, you need to learn to swim.. thats not even funny that you cant.. either your parents dont like you or something else is up :/

What for? I don't like being in the water. My older brother can swim and my cousins can swim but, I don't care.

hordes of seagulls trying to get to your fish and chips

I hate the smell and taste of fish. I do like chips though, and by "chips" I'm assuming you mean "fries", right? 

I'm from the Bay Area originally.  The bay is no place to sun and play.  But we used to go to Santa Cruz all the time and that magical town is my favorite place in the entire universe.

No joke, my favorite times in Santa Cruz it has been cloudy and chilly and choppy.  I do like to sun a bit but I prefer cooler weather and I like when the water is rough.

Now, all I have access to is a river.  I like it a bunch but sandbars just aren't the beach.  Boat rides are great though.

• Brohoof 1

Seems like I'm one of the few who actually loves the beach!

I sunburn easily too, and I can't swim very well. But I love the beach, probably because my family used to swim at night instead of in the day during the crowd rush. My father and I used to swim out far enough to touch the first sailboat docked about two hundred yards from shore, and then swim back. I have fond memories of living by the beach.

It's amazing that we didn't get eaten by sharks, all those times we swam at night...O_e

• Brohoof 2

Seems like I'm one of the few who actually loves the beach!

I sunburn easily too, and I can't swim very well. But I love the beach, probably because my family used to swim at night instead of in the day during the crowd rush. My father and I used to swim out far enough to touch the first sailboat docked about two hundred yards from shore, and then swim back. I have fond memories of living by the beach.

It's amazing that we didn't get eaten by sharks, all those times we swam at night...O_e

Hey, burn buddy!  These days I put on the highest SPF I can find but there was one time where I fell asleep on my stomach and my back got cooked something fierce.

Also: night swims are the best!  There's just some kind of mix of romanticism and adrenaline that comes from both night swimming and rainy day swimming.

I live in California and of course going to the beach is a common thing. But I personally HATE IT. I went to the beach once not long ago and I didn't like. It was sort of a family thing, so it was by older brother, a few uncles and a few cousins. So first of all, I don't like being bare foot. I'm always at least in socks. The sand burns so you have to run towards the water quickly. The water is really cold and I didn't want to go in too deep because I don't know how to swim. But my brother wanted me to "stop being a wuss" and go in deeper. So he ended up grabbing me, trying to get me to go in deeper and I sorta hit him in the arm. Then he compared me he to his girlfriend's daughter (who he brought along) and  said "You see she's having fun, why can't you have fun?". Then he made fun of me and asked me why I was crying even though I WAS NOT cryingimg-1314002-1-dry.png. I don't like being in the sun a lot either, I sunburn and tan easily. I HATE being in crowds full of people that I don't know, It just makes me feel really akward. At least I was wearing a white t-shirt, I'm nothing but skin and bones and I didn't want anybody to see. Having sand in your socks gets really annoying and then after getting out of the water I was REALLY cold. I was shivering all the way home. I just hope I never have to go to the beach ever again. 

So what do you think of the beach?

I can see why you don't like the beach.If you don't like bare feet on the sand,i would recommend some sandals then.

Anyways,i live in minnesota so i never go to the beach unless im on vacation.But i remember the last time i went to the beach there went so many seashells it kinda hurt my feet.Came back with alot of seashells though.So overall i think the beach is awesome :D.

• Brohoof 1

brony beach party! aww yeah!

My favourite beach is still in Denmark, coast of the northsea :D

It´s great there, the beach is so wide that cars can drive along, sometimes at night there are short races, and if there is a storm all the 30-50 meters of beach sand are underwater. Then you stand in the hills and see trashcans (fix at the ground) halfway drowned, it´s the best thing ever!

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't anyone wear watershoes!?  I mean, they look kinda dorky but you don't cut or burn your feet and you don't lose them in the water.  I've lost multiple left sandals in the water.  Why always the left!?

brony beach party! aww yeah!

My favourite beach is still in Denmark, coast of the northsea biggrin.png

It´s great there, the beach is so wide that cars can drive along, sometimes at night there are short races, and if there is a storm all the 30-50 meters of beach sand are underwater. Then you stand in the hills and see trashcans (fix at the ground) halfway drowned, it´s the best thing ever!

Maybe that's where I get my weird ideas about loving rainy beaches because I'm half Danish!  I've only seen the North Sea from the sky unfortunately :(

• Brohoof 1

I can see why you don't like the beach.If you don't like bare feet on the sand,i would recommend some sandals then.

Anyways,i live in minnesota so i never go to the beach unless im on vacation.But i remember the last time i went to the beach there went so many seashells it kinda hurt my feet.Came back with alot of seashells though.So overall i think the beach is awesome biggrin.png.

I don't like sandals, they feel weird. By the way, I've never been in the snow and I've always wondered what it's like.huh.png It NEVER snows where I live, let alone go under freezing temperature. 

• Brohoof 1

Beaches? Beaches are evil. Bad beaches. Everytime I go to the beach I seem to get hurt in some way. So I usually try to stay away. It's not easy when your family loves to fish though.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, Beaches aren't my most favorite thing in the world. I mean, I like the ocean and stuff; It's very pretty and I love Ocean life, but I always end up getting hurt in some painful way every time I go to the beac.h. Also, I don't like the cold water

• Brohoof 1

I like the quiet parts of the beach. I'm quite fine with the cold water and swimming is my favourite part of the trip.

On the negative side, I really don't like the molten sand. It also isn't much fun when all your friends want to do is sit in one position and bake themselves in the sun. There is also the possibility of the whole entire beach being overcrowded, that takes pretty much all the fun out of the trip.

Edited by Celtore

Anyone ever get stung by a jellyfish?  Happened to me once when I was doing surfing lessons as a kid.  I fell ON a freakin' jellyfish!  Right in the chest.

That shit hurt for hours.

I'm not a fan of beaches myself. They involve people and swimming--two things I'd rather avoid. tongue.png I never even learned to swim and I almost drowned in 6 feet of water once; no way am I going to the ocean. Lakes are a little better but I still prefer to stay on solid ground.

• Brohoof 1

Well I live in England where its STILL snowing even though its spring. We only really get about 3 or 4 days of summer and even though Im about a mile from the beach I never go, its freezing cold and the surf is crap so Im not that big on beaches...... well local beaches anyway.

I, personally, am fond of the beach. It's not my favorite thing ever, but I like it. First, there are no trees or grass, so there aren't that many bugs. Second, I'm a very tactile kind of person, and there are a lot of interesting textures to touch at the beach. I especially like the feeling of the sand, and how it's warm on top but cold underneath. Third, it's nice and warm. Well, if you go when it's warm, anyway. I like warm. One thing I don't like, though, is seaweed. It's very creepy-feeling, and I can't stand it. I sometimes avoid the water because I don't wanna touch the seaweed.

I gotta say, though, your brother's a jerk. He may not understand your dislike for the beach, but he should respect your preferences and your right to have them. You shouldn't be subject to that kind of treatment just because you don't like something.

Idk how fond I am of the beach to be honest, we don't really have much of any around here Xd. So I've hardly ever been.

The few times I've went are ok. Although I'm not terribly comfortable around the water, and I'm not really one for sun tanning. I'm also getting a bit old to build with sand I think. So yeah, not sure how much I can do there besides be hot and sweaty.

Idk maybe I'm over thinking it, I  don't ever go there anyways.

Beaches are fun to hang out at with friends,even though me and my friends rarely go together to the beach.Thinking of going to the beach again to work on my tan,which I really should considering I live down the street of one.

I love the beach. Well, I don't know how educated of an opinion I can have, as I've only been to an ocean beach once (Outer Banks, NC), and 2 lake beaches (Benton Harbor, MI, and Kelowna, BC). From what I've experienced, I like it. Even though I'm not a very good swimmer, I like the water. 

I just wish I lived in a place closer to the ocean. I've always liked the idea of surfing but I've never really had an opportunity to pursue it. I don't know how well one can surf on Lake Michigan. :P

Maybe someday...

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

I'm a skinny dude too, so I know how you feel there.

I love the beach now though, and I've largely stopped giving a sh*t about what people are thinking - I'm more preoccupied with the awesomeness that is boogie boarding! (inb4 surfing is 1000000x better).

I say give it another shot sometime. Find a quiet, unpopulated spot and just really focus on your experience, rather than what other people are thinking or trying to get you to do. Take note of the waves  - you live in California. The waves there are awesome - use them to their full potential!

The other thing is, because you mentioned shivering - go on a really hot day. There's nothing better then running into a body of cold, refreshing water during one of those days where it seems like the sun is going to melt your face off - assuming that the water isn't too cold, of course.

• 8 months later...

I for one love the beach :) its soo lovely! sure its smells odd.. and a lot of things leveling in there want you dead... and a lot of fish scare the crap out of me.. but moving on...

I love it! The feel of the sand in your toes, swimming in the ice cold water! running away from big crabs that I pissed off... ahh good times :)

I used to also hate the beach :D

Mostly cause i hated the sunburns i would get, i hated feeling dirty and salty afterwards, i hated the sting of salt water in my eyes, and i always had to go with people i didn't really like.

I like it now though, i mostly enjoy making sand sculptures and playing around in the shallow water. I'm a wuss too, and i never go out very far. I always go with my friends. Only thing is that i friggin hate the jellyfish and man-o-wars. If i see one, i won't go in the water.

Because i live next to the gulf of mexico, the water is typically warm and shallow. The waves are like a couple feet high at most. very relaxing.

Edited by crazitaco