Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hate the beach -.-

Le Kvlt Dawn

I'm not much of a beach person. Seems like every time I go, I end up getting stung by jellyfish. Don't mind the sand tho. 

I prefer forests and creeks. There's virtually no people present and I luv the sound of small waterfalls  :)

• Brohoof 1

Sand is my second least favorite thing on the planet. Combine that with outrageous humidity and the fact I sunburn in 10 minutes flat and I'm right there with you for the most part.:dry:

An overcast day sitting there watching the waves roll in though, that I like. Call me when there is a hurricane basically.:laugh:

But the whole squishing sand between your toes and walking barefoot and that stuff.....no...... that's LITERALLY like walking on sand paper. Could get the same feeling at Home Depot.

Not trying to sugarcoat anything, just saying it like I see it. Doesn't mean I won't go just the weeks of peeling skin for 2 hours laying on a sheet of 80 grit paint prep sanding paper is just......exhausting. Like people say they go to the beach to relax, I have to find a place to relax after having been to the beach. 

Honestly, between the grit in unwanted places and inevitable sunburn, it's not that different from putting shingles on a roof.

Not saying I won't go, I mean walking along a beach or boardwalk, still fully clothed, IS very relaxing. Sand and my damned red hair are the main issues.

Edited by Cyclone1066

5 hours ago, Blivy said:

I love the beach! I like squishing sand between my toes it feels so awesome! :wub:

I hate the sand because it gets stuck to your feet and I can't take one step away from the faucets that wash off your feet without getting more on. :dry:

I know it's a cliche meme but...

You're Dory. I'm Anakin! :P

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I hate the sand because it gets stuck to your feet and I can't take one step away from the faucets that wash off your feet without getting more on. :dry:

150,000% this ^^^

I love the beach and the ocean. I would like to live near a beach, but the next beach is something over 6 hours away from me (if you don't count the coast of the river Rhine, but this is not really a beach). I like the feeling of sand between my feets and standing in knee deep water. The only thing what is soemtimes a little bit annoying are the broken shells on the sand, but this is not a big thing. But I also guess that one big reason why I love the beach is that I am really rarely there. So, a beach visit is something special for me.

• Brohoof 1

I know this topic is old and the OP might not come on here anymore but...

Why not get water shoes?  There's no requirement to go barefoot on the beach, some people wear gym shoes and jog on the beach?  Wearing socks on sand sounds like a pretty bad idea.

I know that a lot of people see beaches as a perfect paradise but I don’t. The sand gets in everything and it’s too hot to walk on, the ocean is terrifying, and they always seem to be crowded when you really don’t want them to be. I’d rather go hiking on a nature trail in the winter.

I love going to the beach. Granted, here in SoCal the beaches are often crowded and dirty, but I still enjoy them. The feeling of warm sun and fresh air on the body, sand skooshing through the toes and of course riding the freezing cold waves after the sun has baked your skin medium-well-done and you’re ready for relief. 

10 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I love going to the beach. Granted, here in SoCal the beaches are often crowded and dirty, but I still enjoy them. The feeling of warm sun and fresh air on the body, sand skooshing through the toes and of course riding the freezing cold waves after the sun has baked your skin medium-well-done and you’re ready for relief. 

I would love to go to the beach with you, my Dreamy friend.

Edited by TheRockARooster

• 10 months later...

I've only been to a beach a couple of times in my life. 

I know people say it's the greatest but I don't even really understand what you're supposed to do there. I know a lot of people just sit and do nothing.

To me it's boring, too hot, too bright, you have to wear too little. The one plus is that women wear too little too. :sneer:

• 3 weeks later...

I used to not like the beach so much as a kid due to always being pale and my parents never bothering to but enough sunscreen on me. My pale self used to burn pretty badly. Not only that your crammed around a bunch of people.

Now I have a bit of a people free spot I like to go to. You first get there and it’s swarming with people. If we park at the farther end and walk down the beach for a little bit eventually you only see like five or six people. Those are mostly fishermen. I don’t mind the walk because I like to keep in shape/stay active. There’s a lot more wildlife on the beach there. I do have to use bug spray but it’s nothing. 

It’s honestly pretty great. Very relaxing too. If you go when it’s cloudy, there’s nobody. We were the only ones there. It’s pretty cool having the beach to yourself like that. I also got some pretty great photos of the wildlife in the area.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...