Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stellafera

It's been some time since I've come out with another pony video. That's because I was working on this:

Random Fact: I actually originally considered making this an Applejack PMV, but Fluttershy fit a little better and had way more applicable scenes.

• Brohoof 8

I remember the Bohemian Rhapsody, nice to see a parody featuring ponies. I really like how it was paced and everything, continue to make good videos, my friend!

(FIRST COMMENT FTW!)

Edited by Fireball Rush
  • Brohoof 1

I’m quite familiar with Bohemian Rhapsody and watching your video caused it to play in my head non-stop at work today.   Personally, I have a lot of memories attached to this song, both good and bad.  That’s why I thought it was so cool that you went and made a PMV with my favorite pony for it. 

It's been some time since I've come out with another pony video. That's because I was working on this:

I bet it took FOREVERRR!  But job well done as far as I can tell.  Bohemian Rhapsody is long, complex, and full of fatalistic metaphors which means it’s a challenge to make a fan video for.   Is that what prompted you to create this PMV? Or is there another reason?  Just curious.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Bohemian Rhapsody is long, complex, and full of fatalistic metaphors which means it’s a challenge to make a fan video for.   Is that what prompted you to create this PMV? Or is there another reason?  Just curious.

About fatalistic metaphors: Recontextualization!

As far as I can remember, it was just hearing it on the radio and also noticing the surprisingly small amount of PMVs on youtube for such a famous song. The line "So you think you can stone me and spit into my eyes" helped. I will eagerly snatch up any and all opportunities for visual jokes like that. img-1318151-1-laugh.png

Did consider making it an Avatar: The Last Airbender video at one point. Below, the sum total of my arguments regarding this very important artistic choice:

1. Less fun

2. Ewww 480p

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

Random Fact: I actually originally considered making this an Applejack PMV, but Fluttershy fit a little better and had way more applicable scenes.

Stellafera, that was great! Your timing was excellent, editing superb, and you picked some great Fluttershy moments to match with the different moods of the song. I vote you ten out of ten for a perfect score!

• Brohoof 1

This was nice, really nice.  Even though there were a few spots where something was a tiny bit off beat, it told a GREAT story!  Liked, brohoofed, and shared on Facebook. smile.png

Oh yeah, there were definitely a few moments of sloppiness where I was too impatient to fix minor timing mistakes and render the video again. Any particular bits?

As far as I can remember, it was just hearing it on the radio and also noticing the surprisingly small amount of PMVs on youtube for such a famous song. The line "So you think you can stone me and spit into my eyes" helped. I will eagerly snatch up any and all opportunities for visual jokes like that.

Now that you mention it, there aren't that many other Bohemian Rhapsody PMVs around. And here's an awesome song I couldn't find a PMV for at all.

Shiny Happy People by REM.

-Most of the lyrics have clips that match up easily.

-The music itself invokes a sense of movement. Scenes of trains and flying would be suitable.

-And, duh! We have plenty of happy pony shots to work with.

-Finding enough footage of ponies holding hooves might be a challenge, though.

No clue if you can do anything with this or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Brohoof 1