Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite side-kick

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

That would be the sidekick you meet in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2. They're the biggest Captain Obvious to exist, but they are just so adorable. They are the best example of character development in a video game - from a chicken dreamer to a courageous explorer.

What I like about this sidekick in particular is (spoilers) when you're in the frozen future, miles away from any clues as to how you can get back home and with the Sableye on your back. They confess the despair they would've been in if they'd been there a few months before, and how they found strength in the player. For a chibi game turned deep-storied adventure, I thought it was a wonderful thing.

Some other sidekicks I think are worth mentioning too:

• Maya Fey from the Ace Attorney series is such a great character biggrin.png
  • I've only played it for a few hours, but I already love Urdnot Wrex from Mass Effect. He's both cute and fearsome at the same time.
  • Makar from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is a little leafy creature wanting adventure. Gosh darn I love that guy too.
  • If it counts as a sidekick, Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph is the same as above. Just a small girl wanting success on the racing track. She's so sweet... or should I say, Shweetz.

Clap Trap would be on that list, but I find him annoying as anything. :3

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

Zero(Megaman X) - Yes I consider Zero a sidekick

Tails(Sonic the Hedgehog) - Love the little brainiac

Sylvia(Viewtiful Joe) - The love interest is always the greatest ally

Jamie(Megas XLR) - The skinny wimpy guy is always fun to have

Edited by Megas75

Midna, do i need to say more?

Lry6nL4.jpg

The fact that the character itself added so much to the game's value while being your sidekick says enough. So adorable and crazy too.. <3

• Brohoof 5

Midna, do i need to say more?

img-1315940-1-Lry6nL4.jpg

The fact that the character itself added so much to the game's value while being your sidekick says enough. So adorable and crazy too.. <3

Oh wait, how could I have forgotten about Midna?! I love Midna! She is my most favorite character in Legend of Zelda history. She was the best part of Twilight Princess. 

I would like to change my vote to Midna.

I find Luigi to be a great sidekick; along with Yoshi. Luigi for his cowardly courage, and Yoshi for his/her noble loyalty for aiding the Mario Bros. Adventure(s). 

mama_luigi_by_princesa_daisy-d4llxyx.jpg

• Brohoof 2

A sidekick....mine has to be Vanellope from Wreck-it-Ralph. Adorable, funny and a damn good racer, who could say no to her?! (and not feel bad about it if they did) Srsly, need I say more?

• Brohoof 1

I guess this loyal fellow counts as a sidekick...

m7aq1t_zpsdf7162df.png

Good ole' Rex. From Fallout: New Vegas. A cute, loyal, fierce, and brave companion, Rex is a retired police dog who is a couple decades old, and was still in service even before the great war. A gang boss by the name of "The King" let's you borrow him if you replace Rex's old and dying brain.

Rex is one of the more memorable Fallout: New Vegas companions along with Lilly and Ed-E.

Edited by Modphase

Navi and Fi in Zelda.  Yes I actually liked Navi.  Midna was just alright.

Robin might be first if we could count the Robin that was in Teen Titans.  Or even if we don't, I just think he's awesome.

Actually scratch everything.  Blooregard Q Kazoo

blooregardq.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. Yes, she's a sidekick, but only during combat parts on the game since she really only does things when you ask her to.

elizabeth-thimble-pinky.jpg

• 9 months later...

Going to have to hoof it to Spike(MLP:FIM) Sure sometimes he can be a jerk store... like 89% of the time, but hot damn the little dragon tries so hard. He give's a 110% and for that I must say he is one of the best sidekicks around. 

7c55292c43a06fc45b685fb4f9c6320e.png

Kazooie duh :) BK is my all time favorite game, beat it coutless times (Tooie AND Kazooie)

She's so sarcastic and witty and Banjo is nice and simple. Perfect duo :)