Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

should i get contacts

Jesse20

9 users have voted

1. 1. should i get contacts

• yes
    • no

I vote yes! I think everyone looks better without glasses.

Contacts are pretty sweet, but they can also be a complete pain in the ass if you don't put in the time for proper maintenance/cleaning. I've had days end where my eyes are just BURNING with irritation, so make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before putting those suckers in.

Oh, and if you do decide to get them - don't worry about not being able to put them in. The way they usually show you where you use two hands and two fingers is absolutely ridiculous :P

• Brohoof 1

the way they show you is ridculous as in its really effective or its extremely painfull ive never had contacts before i kinda need to know these things.

I vote yes! I think everyone looks better without glasses.

Contacts are pretty sweet, but they can also be a complete pain in the ass if you don't put in the time for proper maintenance/cleaning. I've had days end where my eyes are just BURNING with irritation, so make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before putting those suckers in.

Oh, and if you do decide to get them - don't worry about not being able to put them in. The way they usually show you where you use two hands and two fingers is absolutely ridiculous tongue.png

You should get black out contacts. That way you can scare off people as you stare into their souls. 

But in all seriousness I think you look good without glasses. :)

• Brohoof 1

the way they show you is ridculous as in its really effective or its extremely painfull ive never had contacts before i kinda need to know these things.

It's just over-complicated. They have you pulling one eyelid down and the other one up, while extending your other finger to carefully place the lens... it just blows my mind how redundant the whole process is. I gave up on doing it that way around my second day, and just went with pulling the lower eyelid down and slowly placing it on from there. Way less effort, and way less time.

Watch something like

to see what I mean by the "easy way."

Woah you look like my Logics teacher....

I vote no for contacts for two reasons, Depending on how steady your hands are you will end up poking your eyes out.

Also, Some people trust those who wear glasses with more responsibility and information.

(edited)

its funny that you say that there a philosophy professor for a small university near my house who looks exatcly like me but a little bit taller

Woah you look like my Logics teacher....

I vote no for contacts for two reasons, Depending on how steady your hands are you will end up poking your eyes out.

Also, Some people trust those who wear glasses with more responsibility and information.

Edited by Jesse20

I got contacts a year ago and I am never going back to glasses again. Not only is your vision clearer, but as long as you maintain them well and carefully put them in, you won't feel them at all. I have only had 1 or 2 days with that year that my eyes have been really irritated, and all you have to do is take them out and put them back in again. Glasses are great, but they can break and scratch and get lost easily. Plus, they can be a bother to carry around everywhere. It's up to you, but I think that contacts are the better option.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Well, obviously you'll want to choose the option that looks better on you. Certain people may find out that they look better with glasses, as for others, they don't always fit in with their styles... Personally, i don't think the glasses look bad on you, and without them you look just as good. Now, comes in the comfort question. Contact lenses are obviously going to be more appealing to you, because you will hardly notice them and you won't have to worry about breaking or scratching them.

Overall, some lenses may end up costly, but the same would go with good glasses anyways... I suggest going for them! I myself, do not wear glasses or lenses, so i can't really tell you anything from my personal experience. :P I only know a little about them from my friends who use them. Let me tell you, that they're quite happy with them! :P

It's not all about looks, m8. You don't have to wear your glasses 24/7 if you don't want to, anyway. I never did; only when I was in class or watching something on TV.

However, since I am a paintball player, I have to be able to see, and it is a pain to wear glasses under my mask, so I decided I would go to contacts. Ever since I finally got contacts, I've been very happy and hardly ever use my glasses anymore.

Being able to see much clearer(no freaking scratches or smudges, and my eyesight has changed since I got classes, so I needed a different prescription anyway) and for all day makes me much happier. And, putting them in is hard at first(at least it was for me), but you should get the hang of it in a few days to a week.

However contacts can get very uncomfortable and can dry out, but you can always move them around to adjust them and use rewetting drops. Supposedly, you can use your contact solution in the place of rewetting drops(I've heard eyedrops are just solution in smaller bottles and more expensive), but I asked my doctor what I should use and you probably should, too.

Anyway, tl;dr version'd probably be that you shouldn't be focused on how it makes you look, and you should just give contacts a try and then decide if you want them or not.

• 9 months later...