Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy now?

Pripyat Pony

You might laugh, but I have heard bronies talking as tho this is an actual plot possibility. O_o In other words, a plot point taken from the old MLP cartoon "Princess Promenade".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_The_Princess_Promenade

While it's a nice idea for the other mane six to be appointed as princesses, I don't see it happening. None of the other ponies are students of magic like Twilight is, so why would they need to become alicorns? Altho if the princess title is simply like being made a Dame, it could happen. It wouldn't change anything regarding the mane six's lives.

post-10207-0-76681100-1364589767_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

You know, a situation like this actually would not bother me if it were used for something huge, perhaps the series ending (Not something I want to think about :( ) or a movie of some kind. Since I do not see it happening anytime soon, assuming that it even does happen, I honestly do not have much of an opinion on it.

Fluttershy does make for a cute Alicorn though....

• Brohoof 1

I really doubt that'll happen. I wouldn't like it either.

It doesn't seem like any of the mane six besides twilight would be fit for the position of leadership nor amount of magical ability and understanding alicorns possess. I don't think it's part of their destinies.

Also, you don't need to be a student of magic (at twilight's level) in order to become a princess as far as we know. Take Cadence, for example.

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

No, just...no.

Twilight becoming an Alicorn was a tough enough pill to swallow for many. This is just...NO. Not to mention that Twilight is still pretty much keeping her student role + wings. It was pretty much just a shallow hamfisted way to introduce new toys. 

If it went this way, where they all became both Alicorns and traditional royalty. Well, that would just be suicide for Hasbro.

But since this has pretty much 0% chance of happening (sans a series finale), I'm not worried.

• Brohoof 2

Hell no, that would be the ultimate Mare E Sue cop out. The only way I could see that working is if Discord did it to troll Celestia which would actually be hilarious so long as it wasn't permanent.

• Brohoof 1

Well, that would certainly help out the Princess Gap that Hasbro's been trying to close with Disney. Other than that, this is pretty much unconscionable and unjustifiable. There's probably a toy pack on the way.

However...somebody (I forget who) had the notion that the Mane Six in Equestria Girls ought to transform into Ponies for the battle sequences. I was pretty enthusiastic about the idea, but there was a voice in the back of my head critically pointing out that some of them weren't exactly combat ready. But everyone being Princesses would solve this flaw, as well as making the fighting even more flashy and chaotic than it would've been already.

So, in the context of the Mane Six needing to transform Sailor Moon-style in Equestria Girls, I approve of them all being Princesses. Otherwise not.

As a series ending? Would be cool. Any other iteration of it would be a definite NO. For me, it would restore the equality that was lost in twi's alicornization, and would probably make for and epic conclusion (If done right). Its the change of show direction that gets people butthurt- there'll be none of that, in this case, as the show would effectively end.

Still has next to no chance of happening though, but a nice idea nonetheless^^