Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Song Stuck in your Head Right Now

Blue Moon

... just want to fall asleep to this song... I know I shouldn't be here right now... 

Happy National Edge Day Everypony!

Here's the song that kicked off a subculture.

i'm a person just like you
but i've got better things to do
than sit around and fuck my head
hang out with the living dead
snort white shit up my nose
pass out at the shows
i don't even think about speed
that's something i just don't need

i've got the straight edge

i'm a person just like you
but i've got better things to do
than sit around and smoke dope
cause i know that i can cope
laugh at the thought of eating ludes
laugh at the thought of sniffing glue
always gonna keep in touch
never want to use a crutch

i've got the straight edge

Minor threat the band I love and respect the most.

• Brohoof 3

DJ (Madeon Remix) by Alphabeat, because of this:

And I can't stop listening to it! So infectious!

... just want to fall asleep to this song... I know I shouldn't be here right now... 

Minor threat the band I love and respect the most.

When I was a teen, I grew up on Minor Threat and Flipper (pretty much polar opposites, I know). I still love hearing old MT tracks when they pop up on my iPod!

Edited by EVBP
  • Brohoof 3

When I was a teen, I grew up on Minor Threat and Flipper (pretty much polar opposites, I know). I still love hearing old MT tracks when they pop up on my iPod!

I have their album and their music smacks you in the face with cold truth. I love music like that which punches you in the face with truth and allows you to look at yourself and be like hey this music is awesome and has very meaningful lyrics. Minor Threat the best punk band of all time in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I have their album and their music smacks you in the face with cold truth. I love music like that which punches you in the face with truth and allows you to look at yourself and be like hey this music is awesome and has very meaningful lyrics. Minor Threat the best punk band of all time in my opinion.

Best? I dunno. So many amazing punk bands from the 80s - Scratch Acid, Big Black, Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, etc. But MT were definitely one of the easiest to latch onto as an angry, confrontational teenager. And at the time, I really did subscribe to the whole "straight edge" ethos. When you're 15 growing up in small town America, the idea of chemical dependence just seemed ridiculous to me.

I feel like an old guy for saying this, but when I discovered MT, the idea of buying anything on vinyl seemed so antiquated. I bought Out of Step and their self titled EP on 12" vinyl and it was a life changing experience for me. Wish I still had those records. But I'll have to settle for the Complete Discography CD. B)

• Brohoof 2

Best? I dunno. So many amazing punk bands from the 80s - Scratch Acid, Big Black, Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, etc. But MT were definitely one of the easiest to latch onto as an angry, confrontational teenager. And at the time, I really did subscribe to the whole "straight edge" ethos. When you're 15 growing up in small town America, the idea of chemical dependence just seemed ridiculous to me.

I feel like an old guy for saying this, but when I discovered MT, the idea of buying anything on vinyl seemed so antiquated. I bought Out of Step and their self titled EP on 12" vinyl and it was a life changing experience for me. Wish I still had those records. But I'll have to settle for the Complete Discography CD. B)

Amen brother you have wonderful tastes in music my man 

So wasted... right now hate depression... but it's funny music videos and energetic music like this to help ya lift your spirits up

Music is the love that keeps giving and the friend you can always depend on. When that music hits you feel no pain at all. 

If I didn't have music I'd probably have killed myself a long time ago... 

• Brohoof 2

Amen brother you have wonderful tastes in music my man 

So wasted... right now hate depression... but it's funny music videos and energetic music like this to help ya lift your spirits up

Music is the love that keeps giving and the friend you can always depend on. When that music hits you feel no pain at all. 

If I didn't have music I'd probably have killed myself a long time ago... 

Music is definitely a life saver. And I am incredibly thankful for the fact that every band or album I discover leads me down another rabbit hole. So much of it out there, and it's so wonderful to think that one band can lead two people in completely different directions. One person hears the Sex Pistols and gets into current era underground punk music, while someone else hears them and gets into late 60s/early 70s garage rock like the Stooges. Neither one is wrong. Because music is always a personal journey.

By the way, if you're into D-Town punk rock, check out the Trash Brats! They're broken up now, but their music has left a huge impact on Detroit!

Edited by EVBP
  • Brohoof 1

One Direction's new single,

Eww :maud: those kids they make my ears bleed :derp: ... I like how they ripped off this song.... this classic song with a great meaning. 

:icwudt:  

Here's a great song for when your feeling relentless and somewhat apathetic about some things not everything. I love the original version of this song better but this cover isn't so bad. Play this song when it's the end of the world or when your feeling dangerous. Great song to skateboard to and having fun. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

Two at the moment, both by Moonbeat, and more audio than songs. Maybe because I used them as opening and closing track in a mix I made recently but for whatever reason, they're both still spinnin in my head

Opener

Closer

Not much to them without some good headphones or speakers though

• Brohoof 1

Wow... this song though I really am feeling what this song is saying. I'm just about to be 22 hmm... one more year and I guess that'll be legit that everybody will hate me o.O? Then again as you get older the less you start caring about what others think about you. Life is bliss isn't it. Have fun and don't let regrets hold you back. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfSbZuhOBso

Now time for the best music of all time. " So understand! Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years... Face up! Make your stand and realize you're livin' in the golden years" Talk about amazing song lyrics there you go. Life's about livin' so livin' is what I'm going to do.

Sometimes this life is madness and chaos such is life. 

• Brohoof 2