Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony would you go gay for?

Xan

@,

As for the study, I think that you are correct, and it is, in fact, a coincidence.

That being said, my reason for refuting homosexuality is based on religious beliefs, though I support it with morals and the occasional piece of science.

Likewise, I am not trying to change your views either, merely stating an opinion.

@,

As for the study, I think that you are correct, and it is, in fact, a coincidence.

That being said, my reason for refuting homosexuality is based on religious beliefs, though I support it with morals and the occasional piece of science.

Likewise, I am not trying to change your views either, merely stating an opinion.

This is nothing personal, but I usually to to stay away from religious people when discussing thins like this since their religious beliefs usually prevents them from opening up to new views. So you know... bye!

@,

Each to his own, as always. Nevertheless, I'm always open to new ideas, you simply didn't present anything worth taking into consideration, simply refuting and rejecting my own arguments.

You are correct though - we are starting to spam and should part ways.

(edited)

I'm already gay, silly!   ^_^  On the occasion that I clop I usually go for Big Mac or Shining Armor because though Braeburn is cute, he doesn't have the bulky strength that I look for in a man.  

Woah, woah, woah.  I don't think that's a very fair statement to make!  You can't say that a homosexual person themselves is disturbing, can you?  Just because they are gay doesn't mean that they fit a certain personality!  I think that perhaps what you meant to say was that you find "people participating in same-sex intercourse is creepy, unnatural, and [their] bodies weren't designed for it".  And our bodies are designed to reproduce, yes, but they are also designed to feel pleasure.  So, in conclusion, let people feel pleasure how they desire!  And being gay is far beyond pleasure, it is love.  

Don't give me that bananas. I'm pansexual. I meant going homo for ponies is wack. just my opinion, I just don't see it. Though I wouldn't that was 100% true.

Our bodies aren't designed for sitting by a computer either, yet we're all doing it.

And we're not really meant to wear clothes, but it's against the law to walk around without them.

How do you know what something can do? I don't think we were suppose to build cites. I don't think dogs were suppose to be a pet, along with cats. There's a list of things that "aren't suppose to be". It's called evolution, everything is probably isn't planned out. And that unnatural thing was suppose to be a really bad pun..

Edited by XXVYNIKK
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd choose Braeburn. He already is one of my favorite male characters on the show, and has such an awesome design and voice so of course I'd pick him. And don't forget his awesome hat.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Definitely not Big Macintosh, I'll tell you that right now. If you think "big" refers only to his build...then you need to read between the lines, my friends.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a girl, but I would pick Lyra Heartstrings. She is a really pretty character. Although she isn't my favorite background character, I still like her lol

• Brohoof 1

Oookkaayyyyy, I never think of a dude(stallion) as more than cool but I guess I'll cross the line just this once. I guess it'd either be Neon Lights(I really am the background pony type of person I guess). Or maybe Big Mac. I can imagine it now...

*Flirts with Big Macintosh*

Big Mac: Nnnope.

Hmm, feeling a bit uncomfortable right now but anyways I can see myself going gay for Fluttershy (I have a thing for shy people) That would explain why I like Flutter Dash since my personality resembles Dash. 

Yeah so back to my usual heterosexualness (that's not even a word) I'm totally attracted to Soarin

• Brohoof 1

@,

I'm with you there. I'm not at all for banning gay relationships and marriages, if it were possible. Again, you are correct that each should hold his/her own standards and do what they feel is just and correct.

The point at which I must differ with you is that, in my opinion, homosexuality is morally and naturally not right.

But, to summarize your conclusion, each to his own.

:mellow: Seems legit.  The only place I get a problem with this topic is when people say "Well, you can't be gay, you're going to Hell."  Live and let live.  ;)

@,

Whether or not you and I are going to Hell is completely besides the point.

It may be that you and I are both going to Hell, or possible neither.

I disagree with homosexual people, but feel free to do whatever you want. Put chains on yourself and restrain yourself from things you think are wrong. I'm simply stating an opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash defiantly! she cute awesome and not to mention......wait did you say go gay for.... :catface:  Ah well Dashie is close enough I guess. :wub: 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, I am Bi, so I am halfway I suppose. :P Completely gay though? Soarin, by far. He is actually a really cute stallion and don't even get me started on the art I have seen. Dumb artists and their skills at.....art. He is actually my favorite stallion now. :catface: Second place, probably Dr. Whooves, because his personality is really cute in 'Dr Whooves and the Assistant'.

Oh, and Nero Bellum pony. (Note: Pony in my avatar)

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

@,

Now, first, I'd like to say that I don't think being gay is bad. I would like to think of myself as a tolerant, understanding person, but nevertheless, here are a few disadvantages to homosexuality, and you can decide which, if any, are good enough reasons.

1. Two males or females cannot reproduce together. While this may be an upside to some people, it is a downside from my standpoint not to have that capability.

2. Social disrespect. This is a small one, and one might argue that bronies receive some social disrespect in their own right, but nevertheless, saying you're gay generally alienates yourself from others, and only makes you gay friends, which, again, might be an upside to some.

3. It's not what we were built for. You dismissed this as a bad reason, but if you believe in God, then ask yourself why he would have created us like this if he wanted us to be homosexual. If you don't believe in God (which is a discussion for later), then face the facts. We have body parts designed specifically for intercourse and hormones naturally causing us to be attracted towards the opposite gender.

All of this said, though I personally believe being gay is not only morally wrong, and also abhorrent, I also believe that it is unconstitutional to do something such as ban homosexuality, and I will remain tolerant of it, as much as I dislike it.

Nevertheless, I think we also should leave this interesting conversation for another day, unless you have a last refute to bring up, as such discussion belongs in the Debate Pit.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. I have one last thing to say. You said in a post at the top of the page that you're in a same-sex relationship, yet lower down the page, you say you're not homosexual.

I know this was an old argument not directed towards me at all, but I had to do this.

1. This is true, but that really means nothing at all. Because it's not about the sex, or as homophobes call it the "AIDS"

2. This is only because of rude and irrational people, nevertheless, an easily refutable argument.

3. We weren't built for sitting at the computer all day. And yet a lot of us do it. Argument invalid. Religion? Hmm... That really is invalid by default because yet again the last argument. And also, according to the bible a lie, even a white lie, is a sin. So there for everyone's going to "hell."

Nevertheless, good sir, arguments refuted.

Reviewing the criteria again, the only correct answer is Time Turner, because I would go gay for the Doctor anytime. Well, the Third and Tenth, anyway. What is my life, and how did it get to this point?

• Brohoof 2

@,

Whether or not you and I are going to Hell is completely besides the point.

It may be that you and I are both going to Hell, or possible neither.

I disagree with homosexual people, but feel free to do whatever you want. Put chains on yourself and restrain yourself from things you think are wrong. I'm simply stating an opinion.

"Simply stating your opinion" is one thing. Calling an entire group of people disturbing, morally wrong, and abhorrent is an entirely different matter. You have moved from the realm of stating an opinion to throwing around insults. I'm fine with the former, but I won't stand for the latter. Frankly, I find insulting an entire group of people based on their sexuality disturbing, morally wrong, and abhorrent.

You seem to be basing your argument on why homosexuality is wrong by saying it is unnatural and serves no purpose. I'd disagree with your first assertion. It's perfectly natural for some people to feel homosexual, just as it is natural for you to be attracted to the opposite sex. I think your view of sexuality is over simplistic. Sexuality is about far more than reproducing.

Secondly, does the fact that something serves no real purpose make it morally wrong? I fail to see your reasoning here. Sure, two men can't make babies, but they can love and care for each other, and I think that is a good reason why homosexuality can be beneficial.

I hate to continue this debate in this thread, but I just thought some things had to be said.

And so I don't go totally off topic, I changed my mind. I'd go gay for Braeburn. :P

• Brohoof 1

John Barrowman

As I do not find any of the ponies attractive (in that way),I can't really answer. Although if it were more 'friendly', I'd go with Shining Armour. He seems to be a pretty cool guy/brother.

I'm pansexual but if I had to go full homo then...

Definitely Soarin. Although Big Macintosh, Braeburn and Shining Armor are sexy beasts too, Soarin is where it's at. I mean, dat athletic body and sexy voice, how can someone resist?

If you think that's all, you're wrong! Soarin also loves pie! Yea, you heard that right. Pie. There's no one in the world that hates pie and Soarin is no exception, in fact, he proudly states he loves it! Such a confident and courageous man!

Yea, definitely Soarin.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Eh, I may as well do this. Though perhaps the first two of my arguments are inconveniences, you happen to be incorrect when it comes to the third.

We weren't built for sitting at a computer all day.

True, but nevertheless, computers are an effective means of communication and stimulus. They store important information and allow us to contact one another much more easily. They are essential to daily life in this society.

Religion? Hmm... That really is invalid by default because yet again the last argument. And also, according to the bible a lie, even a white lie, is a sin. So there for everyone's going to "hell."

First off, despite the fact that I am not a Christian, I am a Muslim, yet I am one-hundred percent sure that even by bible standards, committing one sin does not condemn you to a fiery inferno for eternity.

@,

Eh, I may as well do this. Though perhaps the first two of my arguments are inconveniences, you happen to be incorrect when it comes to the third.

True, but nevertheless, computers are an effective means of communication and stimulus. They store important information and allow us to contact one another much more easily. They are essential to daily life in this society.

First off, despite the fact that I am not a Christian, I am a Muslim, yet I am one-hundred percent sure that even by bible standards, committing one sin does not condemn you to a fiery inferno for eternity.

Well, maybe that was an overrexaggeration. It doesn't take a lot of "sins" to go to "he-double hockey sticks." It is quite true that the bible does state this, (if you actually believe that crazy dude, Jesus.) Iin christianity, however if you "confess your sins to 'God'" then you are "forgiven."

Now in Muslim religion, no wait, it is no different. I could quote it for you, but I'm pretty sure you know what I am talking about here that there was a phrase in both the bible and the Islamic holy book both saying "(God/Allah) forgives all sins." (Well, basically that idea) In the bible, it is verse 1 John 7:9-1, and in the Islamic holy book it is in Sûrah al-Furqân: 70