Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on love/relationships?

Gone Airbourne

I crave romantic love and a relationship but I just have so much trouble finding the right one. Because it's not just about what I want, that's only half of the story. It's also about finding the person I'm good for. Accomplishing this is insanely difficult.

I have a girlfriend right now but it was pretty rushed and I'm not even sure how much I like her or how happy I am in the relationship. It's confusing and I have so many other problems in my life right now I miss the independence and simplicity of being single.

So, I don't want a relationship... I want a relationship with the right person. But I need to find that person first. Maybe I already have and I haven't realized it yet. Or maybe I won't find the right person until 20 years from now. 

I just don't know.

There are two types of love in this world.

True love, which is the love you ususally find in friendships and in happy married couples.

And Physical love, aka the lust of the flesh.

A successful marriage usually contains both types of love.

Usually, people around my age (17) will date a woman just because she "looks hot".

I've never had a girlfriend because I always put the inward appearance over the outward, but at the same time I also want to at least be attracted.

And it's just hard to find girls lile that now a days I guess.

I found love where - and when - I didn't expect it.  It revived and repaired a cold and bitter heart.  A once-hopeless romantic is a hopeless romantic, again.  Though that seems something of a misnomer; I'm actually rather hopeful.

post-26550-0-86715700-1426974614_thumb.png

No limits.  No obstacles; none that can defeat us.

I'm torn on my feelings of relationships. Most of the ones I've been made me really happy but they all came to an end. About 4 years ago I knew for sure I had found the one. We never once had one argument and ended up getting engaged. A few months later out of the blue she broke up with me out of nowhere, no arguments or anything and it was over the phone, I was crushed to say the least. Since that day it has killed me confidence and trust when it comes to women. As bad as I want a relationship it scared me to get crushed like that again. Not to mention my mom and step dad just got divorced after 17 years, As bad as I want that girl in my life it scares me knowing the odds that I could get crushed again...

Well....what can I say about love after what I've been through? The truth, it's wonderful :)

It's truly the best feeling in the world, being in love is something absolutely magical that is truly unique to experience (when it's actually true love) and I will never forget how wonderful and happy having a partner made me feel :)

I will always remember those sweet and loving moments....though now I'd say they're bittersweet. I'm glad I can have such memories and say I experienced such a feeling....but now that I've lost it all it feels incredibly hard to live with -_- I don't know....love is a pretty difficult thing for me to talk about these days. It made me stronger, and now it's torn me apart, it made me realize how fortunate I am to be blessed with something so grand, but now I feel cursed that it was ripped away from me so harshly :( All I can say about relationships is that anyone who is in a strong and loving relationship is extremely lucky. You never really know how long it will last when you start, all you can do is hope for the best.

My mistake was planning a little too far ahead, that caused my downfall to be even more painful. I had such high hopes for a happy future unlike anything I've experienced in my life....but honestly that's not wise :( You should wait until the relationship is truly unbreakable and until you're both completely willing to make a maritial commitment (when you're engaged is best) to really start planning. That way at least there's a guarantee your future together will happen :)

In conclusion, once you find love it's absolute bliss. It's quite unexplainable but when it happens, it happens. You fall in love and you can't believe it's really happening. Everything from that point forward can be either good or bad, but if you're willing to take the risk, you can discover the most wonderful feelings God could bless mankind with :)

As for future relationships....all I can say is that I doubt I'll have any. I've taken a big enough blow as it is and I'm scared of going through the same pain again, but if love finds me and if the person is willing to prove their true love for me and that they won't hurt me, sure I guess I can take a risk :)

Until then I'll still live on the bittersweet memories of my past romance, hoping and praying that I can experience such happiness again. And I wish my ex @@Dsanders,  the best :)

• Brohoof 2

This is going to take a while.

Love is something that develops over time. There might be something called "love at first sight", but of which I am kind of on edge of believing. I agree that you can look at someone, and have a sudden rush excitement of which then starts a crush on someone. I don't think someone can just fall head over heels with someone they don't even know the name to. 

I feel you need to know who the person is, what their flaws are, what makes them tick, and all the small itty bitty things that make up someone's personality and how they act.

I think you fall for the personality first or at least how they treat you. Looks count for a nice part of the deal, but I feel like if there's a true feeling in there, the looks won't really matter to you. 

Make sure your relationship isn't rushed. Going into a relationship the first couple weeks are bliss. You're both in the "honeymoon" phase where if you get that chance to see them, you're on top of that idea and taking advantage of it. But, if you see the person I think everyday and want to hang out, you'll get to bored with the other person. Too much conversation drifts people apart. 

If the other person feels uncomfortable in the relationship, there's a huge change for the "talk" to happen, and you never thought it would happen. Just take it easy, and know it isn't the end of the world. Other people will come into your life. It might be a couple weeks up to a couple years. 

Don't look for love, make love find you.

Source: Personal Experience 

• Brohoof 1

Relationships and Love is a subject I tend not to think about because I can't find the answers I'm looking for. Not for now at least.

First, I'm way too irresponsible for such things, too childish. :adorkable:

Second thing is, I can't dedicate my life or my time to anything. I hated myself so hard for being too lazy, to the point of wasting summer vacations on depressing about that. I never felt really convinced on my deduction that I should get a gf to make me feel better since I never had one (or at least, it was what the very kind person that helped me, wanted me to do).

The answer came to me recently, and it explains pretty much every thing until now, but that's not the topic. The point is, I can't dedicate to something. I thought that was laziness, it wasn't. It's beyond me. Everyone get bored of something after some time, but it's much faster here. I can spend my life doing something without any issue as long as I don't consider my life dedicated to doing it. Basically, I could love anyone during an eternity as long as I am not conscious that it prevents me from being completely free. But at the very moment I will feel it impacting me, I will get this out of the way. I can't do otherwise.

Problem is, love will need both persons to dedicate their life to it.

And I won't ever let someone suffer for years because I can't dedicate my life to a relation, it's either both of us, or no one. :okiedokielokie:

Third thing is, I feel way too excluded from Humanity to dedicate my life to someone, even if it's a bit difficult to understand or to take seriously, I don't consider myself human. Or at least, I do consider the fact that I am human, but I don't consider my soul bound to this human form. Bounding with someone would be lying to myself, this someone, and everyone I promised to be back whenever possible. And I don't break promises when I put all of my heart and hopes in them :) . It's beyond my will. And I don't hurt people. Especially if I don't feel like I'm one of them. I have no right to do so. :okiedokielokie:

Last thing is, my first and single goal is and will remain beyond death, and I will spend my life thinking and learning in this world until I reach it, and nothing will keep me away from this. -_-

Conclusion: I can love, I can't accept it and admit it. Doing otherwise contradicts everything that guides me through this life. Or, at least, I still didn't find how it could not, but I'm still looking for answers.

Edited by ConcorDisparate