Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many hours do you sleep per night?

Marshmallow

278 users have voted

1. 1. How many hours do you sleep per night? (during the week)

• Less than 4 hours
    • 4-5 hours
    • 5-6 hours
    • 6-7 hours
    • 7-8 hours
    • 8-9 hours
    • 9-10 hours
    • 10-11 hours
    • 11-12 hours
    • More than 12 hours

Do you sleep enough or are you in a constant state of sleep deprivation?

According to most studies, the recommended amount of sleep required for the average adult to function at the best of its capacities is 8 hours per night.

I noticed that I personally don't get enough sleep on weekdays. I usually sleep for 6 to 7 hours during the week and I'm only ever able to get the recommended amount of sleep during the weekends.

So how about you?

How many hours do you usually sleep per night during the week? (on average)

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 3

I usually get 7 but I found out on monday that I'm surprising alert, happy and ready to go when I log in 8 1/2 so I've been trying to do that all week which is why I haven't been on the net much. But books are the one thing that keep me from sleeping. At least I'm not in school anymore so I don't have to fear getting in trouble for falling asleep in Lit or Math. Since I'm no longer a teen (teen's body clocks are supposed to want to fall asleep and get up later but they need a lot of sleep), I think my body clock no longer wants me to stay up late but I still sleep late :) I have since day 2 of my life.

• Brohoof 1

Weekdays:

I go to sleep at 10:30 or 11:00PM, then wake up for school at 6:00 - 7:00AM.

Weekends:

I usually sleep at 3:00AM - 4:00AM, and wake up at 8:00AM - 11:00AM. Not alot of sleep on weekends!

• Brohoof 1

About 8 to 9 hours. I go to bed very late, more often than not, since my graduate classes are only two times a week and are in the evening. So I go to bed late and wake up late in the day.

It's a bad habit that I should break.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 2

It varies a lot. Depending on what I feel like. I don't have work or school, so I make my own schedule. If I go to sleep early, well, I get up to 9 to 10 hours. Moderate time? 8, still decent. Many times? 5 to 7. Because I go to bed too late. Trying to fix it.

• Brohoof 1

Unless I'm absolutely exhausted, I cannot fall asleep till like 1-2am for some reason, no matter what I do. I end up tired all day everyday. :c

• Brohoof 1

I need a lot of sleep to function...if I could sleep 9-10 hours my body would be happy.

I don't actually know how much sleep I really get, because it takes me at least 1-2 hours to fall asleep at night if not more, so I end up not looking at the clock anymore after awhile and don't know when I actually fall asleep. Then I try to stay in bed as long as I can to try to get enough sleep so I am not sure what hours I am actually asleep for in between trying to fall asleep at night and trying to stay asleep/get back to sleep so I can sleep more in the morning... I get yelled at for sleeping too late but I'm just trying to get enough sleep, it's not my fault my sleeping starts later than everyone else in the house!

I think I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome because no matter what I try I just can't ever fall asleep earlier!

Edited by Neko-Chan
  • Brohoof 1

It varies a lot. Depending on what I feel like. I don't have work or school, so I make my own schedule. If I go to sleep early, well, I get up to 9 to 10 hours. Moderate time? 8, still decent. Many times? 5 to 7. Because I go to bed too late. Trying to fix it.

no work or school? what does one do with the time :) plot evilness or goodness?

Too much free time means me wasting time and doing nothing so I'm always nosy as to what others do with their time.

• Brohoof 1

6-7 although I'm really inconsistent. During the week it can be anywhere from 8 to 4. At the weekends I'll either sleep in for ages and get 9-10 hours or I'll stay up all night with some friends and then sleep for 8 or so hours in the middle of the day.

I don't actually sleep all that much. I feel just as rested for lying in bed awake with my eyes closed as I do from sleeping. Also, I don't really have a sleep pattern. I can go to bed at any time since I tend not to sleep. So if I feel tired I can go to sleep at midday after only being up for a few hours. I try to avoid that though :)

• Brohoof 1

no work or school? what does one do with the time :) plot evilness or goodness?

Too much free time means me wasting time and doing nothing so I'm always nosy as to what others do with their time.

Most of my time is spent unproductively speaking to my boyfriend on MSN, posting on these forums, watching TV shows on Youtube/Netflix, and chatting with various other ponies. On occasion, I will do something like job hunt or research colleges since I'll be going in a few months. Also, I draw. Quite a bit. My drawings eat a lot of time. And I roleplay, whilst occasionally writing stories. Then there's going to therapy about two times a month.

This is what makes me not sleep so much and sleep late. I get too into things.

• Brohoof 1

Most of my time is spent unproductively speaking to my boyfriend on MSN, posting on these forums, watching TV shows on Youtube/Netflix, and chatting with various other ponies. On occasion, I will do something like job hunt or research colleges since I'll be going in a few months. Also, I draw. Quite a bit. My drawings eat a lot of time. And I roleplay, whilst occasionally writing stories. Then there's going to therapy about two times a month.

This is what makes me not sleep so much and sleep late. I get too into things.

Man, you sound a lot more productive than me when I wasn't in school/ working. I think I slept and watched TV too much :blush:
  • Brohoof 1

Sleep is not something that I am good at. 4-5 is about my average, but it isn't rare for me to go all the way from Monday to Friday without breaking out of the single digits in terms of total hours spent sleeping.

I operate pretty decently on low amounts of sleep, but on occasion I get exhausted to the point of feeling half dead like last night.

• Brohoof 2

I've been having odd sleep issues lately. At one point I was sleeping between 10-13 hours each night and then all of a sudden I had 5 straight days of complete insomnia. Under normal circumstances, however, I usually sleep about 6-9 hours.

• Brohoof 1

I dont get very much sleep per night because i dont sleep very well at all when its night time, but i cant sleep in the day cause of school. i dont have sleep deprivation at all, i just sleep better in the day, especially in the morning. But every once in awhile, i'll sleep well at night but not often.

• Brohoof 1

I really want to sleep around 6 hours per night, because I'm up real late chatting to American friends and such, buuuut I end up 8-9.

....I really wanna sleep less. I HATE sleeping. I even went to sleep deprivation mode a few times for important stuff the next day because I'm so used to sleeping late that I need to reset my body clock the day before the important thing.

...let's just say I sympathise deeply with Applejack.

Edited by FinalGamer
  • Brohoof 1

Depends on the day, and the time of year. Last Summer Break I got into a really bad habit of staying up until 4/5 AM then sleeping until 10. However, on weekdays, I go to sleep at around 11, then wake up at 6:40. Then, on Fridays, I stay up until around 2 AM, then sleep until 8, but I usually go back to bed. On Saturdays, I stay up until around 12, then wake up at 8 for church and what-not.

• Brohoof 1