Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to animate Original Characters With Flash

bronyanimstudios

Video tutorial on how to animate Original Characters using puppet rigs:

have questions? Post a reply! I will make sure to answer it, or add me on skype: jackbtroop62

Please like the video if you found it helpful!

Also, please consider subscribing if you want to see some more of my animations and tutorials.

• Brohoof 2

Just an FYI, you might have a music error there as music only plays within the last few seconds.

Also holy crap how long did it take you to fully animate that nice looking walk cycle? I'm mucking around with the double rainboom  puppets myself and jeeeeez that's gotta be torture making it that smooth.

(edited)

Just an FYI, you might have a music error there as music only plays within the last few seconds.

Also holy crap how long did it take you to fully animate that nice looking walk cycle? I'm mucking around with the double rainboom  puppets myself and jeeeeez that's gotta be torture making it that smooth.

it takes awhile, but once you do it once, you never have to do it again smile.png you can always just reuse the same walk cycle for different ponies as long as you recolor it. I posted the walk cycle in the description of the video if you want to use it. saves a lot of time doing it that way :)

Edited by bronyanimstudios

it takes awhile, but once you do it once, you never have to do it again img-1325790-1-smile.png you can always just reuse the same walk cycle for different ponies as long as you recolor it. I posted the walk cycle in the description of the video if you want to use it. saves a lot of time doing it that way smile.png

You know what? I might just do that. Beats spending probably an hour or two on one the whole walk cycle. I can spend the hour working on getting the tail to tween correctly instead!

• Brohoof 1

I was watching the video and I noticed something while you were re-coloring the puppet. Not sure if you already knew, but there's a muuuch faster way to that. You just hit ctrl + f, scroll down to "color", and replace the original colors with the new ones.

(edited)

I was watching the video and I noticed something while you were re-coloring the puppet. Not sure if you already knew, but there's a muuuch faster way to that. You just hit ctrl + f, scroll down to "color", and replace the original colors with the new ones.

lol yeh, This was an old recording before I new that, I went back and tried to redo the recording, but it got corrupted so I just ended up using this. The ctrl + f thing is soo much faster. but thanks for pointing that out smile.png

Edited by bronyanimstudios