Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Voice Actors Meet Up

MojoDash

So, hello there! I've made this topic for talented voice actors who are looking for animations they can audition for. I'm pretty new - ish to MLPForums, so just shout out if I've posted this in the wrong group or whatever you guys call it. Also, if you do lost of animation and you are starting one up, please do advertise it on here, and all the VAs who are looking to audition can see it!

I also don't mind if you share ones you are starring in, or auditioning for, or even just have a general chat about voice acting!
I'm not sure what else to say... Other than that I'm starting to voice act, and am currently auditioning for a few topics.

Well, thanks for visiting and taking time to read this!!

~MojoDash

• Brohoof 2

Well I guess I'll start. Hi :D I'm AgileFawkes and I'm an aspiring Voice Actor like you, I just got started a couple months ago, and I am currently working with Pony Powered Productions on a fandub

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hello there!

That's cool! I've actually just recorded an audition for a singing animation. Now I'm just waiting for my brother to change the format and all that stuff I can manage... So are you looking for any? Because I'm auditioning for a few active things that I could share with you! ;)

~MojoDash

Edited by MojoDash

I really want to go into radio, so voice acting is right up my alley; It's mostly because I'm really ugly.  (just kidding)

I'd like to audition for something! 

Hook a brony up?

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the offer img-1327723-1-smile.png I'm always looking for new projects to work on. I will of course return the favor. Btw good luck with your audition!

Well if you're into singing in other voices, (I'm okay... Ish) then you should try out this: http://mlpforums.com/topic/54469-female-voice-actress-really-really-needed/

And I'm very excited to audition for this: http://mlpforums.com/topic/53663-my-little-pony-origins-voice-actors-needed-d/

The second one is a whole series, which is definitely my cuppa tea if I get in! I also saw another one, just need to find it again! :/ Again, it's another series where all the ponies are pretty different... It's quite funny!

@Giddyup - (sorry - I'm still new to mlp forums and don't know how to quote two things in one post...) that's really cool!! Like I replied above, I've listed a couple of open things!

Oh and... Err.. Is it weird that I dunno what "hook a brony up" means......?

Awkward.. :P

~MojoDash

I really would like to be a voice singer? Like a cartoon singer, for example: How they have a separate singer for some of the ponies in mlp. My video can be found here -

• Brohoof 1

Hey sweet! I was going to open up a thread like this but I see now I don't have to. :D I'm fairly new to voice acting myself but I'm not to shabby if I do say so myself.

If anypony here has heard of Octopimp I can imitate his Gamzee, Eridan, Sollux, Equius voices well and I can kind of imitate Tavros on a good day.

I'm really looking forward to getting into voice acting and if you guys are looking for an opening there is a radio drama that will be taking auditions soon on this thread --> http://mlpforums.com/topic/55291-radio-drama-series-%E2%80%93-announcements-updates/#entry1324674 <--- I'm really excited for this one!

My name is Nigel and I look forward to our future endeavours!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really would like to be a voice singer? Like a cartoon singer, for example: How they have a separate singer for some of the ponies in mlp. My video can be found here -

Hi there! Again! Recently I've sorta 'bumped' into you on other voice acting pages, and I've seen this video. You're very talented by the way. I did comment this, I'm called Katie on YouTube, and I said how great these were! ;-) (I should have said I was MojoDash!) so you should definitely audition for the first link I've put up, unless you already have!

~MojoDash

Do you have to be a Pony Voice imatator or just someone who wants to be a voice actor for anything? Because I really can't do any of the voices.

In most animation projects or whatever is needed for voice acting, there will probably be the Mane 6 and some more characters with a good, solid voice. This means the person running the auditions will choose the closest VA to the part.

If your lucky, projects will have background ponies like Carrot Top, Lyra, Bon Bon, these three are good because they don't talk much, but when they do they usually have completely different voices. Then you can either make up their voice altogether, or just try and emerge the different voices into one. (That's gonna be pretty hard!) if you think you had the patience, just keep trying some of the easier voices. To me, out of the mane six, my easiest are; Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle.

Hope this helped! Keep auditioning, and even if you don't get in, DON'T GIVE UP! ;-)

~MojoDash

EDIT: Forgot to say, that lots if people make OCs in the projects, so you can always make up their voice! ;-)

(Aha, worked out multi-quote...)

Hey sweet! I was going to open up a thread like this but I see now I don't have to. :D I'm fairly new to voice acting myself but I'm not to shabby if I do say so myself.

If anypony here has heard of Octopimp I can imitate his Gamzee, Eridan, Sollux, Equius voices well and I can kind of imitate Tavros on a good day.

I'm really looking forward to getting into voice acting and if you guys are looking for an opening there is a radio drama that will be taking auditions soon on this thread --> http://mlpforums.com/topic/55291-radio-drama-series-–-announcements-updates/#entry1324674 <--- I'm really excited for this one!

My name is Nigel and I look forward to our future endeavours!

Looks like I beat you to it! ;) Like I've said before, because I'm new, this is my first thread! And it's going pretty cool already! ;) I haven't heard of Octopimp, (maybe its American and I'm British... :P ) but you sound like you can do loads of voices! I'm getting into this voice acting too, and really want a part in my auditions! Especially how it's MLP, I mean, this makes everything amazing! Thanks for the radio series, I will definitely give it a go! Will you be participating?

~MojoDash

Edited by MojoDash

Oh yeah I did haha x) Apparently I got the role as Fluttershy! :D Which should be fun and interesting!
(It will be my first role, so it probably won't be amazing.. But oh well!)

Hi there! Again! Recently I've sorta 'bumped' into you on other voice acting pages, and I've seen this video. You're very talented by the way. I did comment this, I'm called Katie on YouTube, and I said how great these were! ;-) (I should have said I was MojoDash!) so you should definitely audition for the first link I've put up, unless you already have!

~MojoDash

In most animation projects or whatever is needed for voice acting, there will probably be the Mane 6 and some more characters with a good, solid voice. This means the person running the auditions will choose the closest VA to the part.
If your lucky, projects will have background ponies like Carrot Top, Lyra, Bon Bon, these three are good because they don't talk much, but when they do they usually have completely different voices. Then you can either make up their voice altogether, or just try and emerge the different voices into one. (That's gonna be pretty hard!) if you think you had the patience, just keep trying some of the easier voices. To me, out of the mane six, my easiest are; Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle.

Hope this helped! Keep auditioning, and even if you don't get in, DON'T GIVE UP! ;-)

~MojoDash

Looks like I beat you to it! wink.png Like I've said before, because I'm new, this is my first thread! And it's going pretty cool already! wink.png I haven't heard of Octopimp, (maybe its American and I'm British... tongue.png ) but you sound like you can do loads of voices! I'm getting into this voice acting too, and really want a part in my auditions! Especially how it's MLP, I mean, this makes everything amazing! Thanks for the radio series, I will definitely give it a go! Will you be participating?

~MojoDash

Oh yeah I did haha x) Apparently I got the role as Fluttershy! :D Which should be fun and interesting!

(It will be my first role, so it probably won't be amazing.. But oh well!)

:o You got Fluttershy? Lol I've auditioned for her too! Oh well, I can't be bothered to go and change my recording! Well done you! :D If I get any part from today or whenever, it will be my first ever role too! Congrats!

~MojoDash

Naw that's a shame! I don't actually really think I deserve Fluttershy that much.. Wait a sec... Was is even fluttershy I got or someone else... *checks*

ohmy.png You got Fluttershy? Lol I've auditioned for her too! Oh well, I can't be bothered to go and change my recording! Well done you! biggrin.png If I get any part from today or whenever, it will be my first ever role too! Congrats!

~MojoDash

You should audition for Minuette - http://mlpforums.com/topic/54469-female-voice-actress-really-really-needed/page-4
The person says Minuette can be any voice - So that is a good opportunity waiting right there! :*
Oh yeah, I did get Fluttershy x) For some reason I had this thought that I didn't...

Naw that's a shame! I don't actually really think I deserve Fluttershy that much.. Wait a sec... Was is even fluttershy I got or someone else... *checks*

You should audition for Minuette - http://mlpforums.com/topic/54469-female-voice-actress-really-really-needed/page-4

The person says Minuette can be any voice - So that is a good opportunity waiting right there! :*

Oh yeah, I did get Fluttershy x) For some reason I had this thought that I didn't...

Yes, in my recording I have auditioned for Minuette. It's just taking my brother for ages to convert the file from a .cav into a .mp3 or whatever..... I'm not sure to be honest. He's said to ask Anony what file he'd like - why am I even rambling on about this to you? Sorry bout that! I may have auditioned for them all..! :o

~MojoDash

Yes, in my recording I have auditioned for Minuette. It's just taking my brother for ages to convert the file from a .cav into a .mp3 or whatever..... I'm not sure to be honest. He's said to ask Anony what file he'd like - why am I even rambling on about this to you? Sorry bout that! I may have auditioned for them all..! ohmy.png

~MojoDash

That's very interesting, I've never seen a .cav file, what software/program do you use to record your voice? I know almost every file except that one. Oh and how do you export the file as well?

That's very interesting, I've never seen a .cav file, what software/program do you use to record your voice? I know almost every file except that one. Oh and how do you export the file as well?

A .cav is a file recorded from an iOS software. You see, I always use my iPad, and never my slow laptop. If you want to know more about exporting and stuff, you can talk to my brother. He is a computer whizz!!

~MojoDash

~MojoDash

EDIT: Forgot to say, that lots if people make OCs in the projects, so you can always make up their voice! ;-)

Looks like I beat you to it! wink.png Like I've said before, because I'm new, this is my first thread! And it's going pretty cool already! wink.png I haven't heard of Octopimp, (maybe its American and I'm British... tongue.png ) but you sound like you can do loads of voices! I'm getting into this voice acting too, and really want a part in my auditions! Especially how it's MLP, I mean, this makes everything amazing! Thanks for the radio series, I will definitely give it a go! Will you be participating?

~MojoDash

I will definitely be auditioning for this one again. I auditioned for round one and he liked it so I'm hoping for the best in round two. Right now I'm just trying to get the word out for it and get some hype going.

• Brohoof 1

I will definitely be auditioning for this one again. I auditioned for round one and he liked it so I'm hoping for the best in round two. Right now I'm just trying to get the word out for it and get some hype going.

Well good luck!! ;) Somebody's liked my Octavia which is good, so hopefully I'll be getting a part as her. (I'm very good at her because I'm British!!! :P )

~MojoDash

That's really what I'd love to do to! But I just need to overcome my shyness a little more. I've been doing a few auditions, and if I find myself unable to do it, I've been saying, out loud, (not to myself, to my sister, because we promised each other to do voice acting together and not laugh or get embarrassed) "I have to!" And we keep just referring to it as "the thing we have to do". It works! I especially *have* to do it, because I got a part, so I'm very happy about that and I can't back down now!

Hey Mojo, I didn't know you started this topic, you didn't say!!

• Brohoof 1

OOOH! Great IDEA! Ok, then, My name is SkyeRibbonPwny, and I can do various voices. I'm currently part of a voice over crew called TeamVoiceBosses, and these are the auditions i currently have up, although, the pinkie Pie one is a little shaky

OMG I just found out it was a .caf file... Not cav! LOL sorry if I confused you! I confused myself too!

~MojoDash

Wow this thread exploded with activity biggrin.png a really cool one I just auditioned for is a Supernatural MLP crossover audio drama the details are at http://pandajenn.com/mlpfis/index.htm

Thanks for that! I'll definitely go and audition, even though I have no idea what it is yet... LOL :P

~MojoDash

That's really what I'd love to do to! But I just need to overcome my shyness a little more. I've been doing a few auditions, and if I find myself unable to do it, I've been saying, out loud, (not to myself, to my sister, because we promised each other to do voice acting together and not laugh or get embarrassed) "I have to!" And we keep just referring to it as "the thing we have to do". It works! I especially *have* to do it, because I got a part, so I'm very happy about that and I can't back down now!

Hey Mojo, I didn't know you started this topic, you didn't say!!

Actually I did tell you about this... At your house. And you said you'd post on it later... lol! But thanks for replying! Good luck with your auditions and your Octavia! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'm not having much luck with the Origins one... Because I dunno what the guy wants me to do!! O_o

~MojoDash x

OOOH! Great IDEA! Ok, then, My name is SkyeRibbonPwny, and I can do various voices. I'm currently part of a voice over crew called TeamVoiceBosses, and these are the auditions i currently have up, although, the pinkie Pie one is a little shaky

http://youtu.be/5ohECNHKCQo

http://youtu.be/h3DM-PEhjvY

Those are good voices! Especially your Vinyl Scratch! You definitely should get a part for her. I'm currently working on Vinyl too. Thanks for posting! :D

~MojoDash

• Brohoof 1

Those are good voices! Especially your Vinyl Scratch! You definitely should get a part for her. I'm currently working on Vinyl too. Thanks for posting!   ~MojoDash

Awww thanks so much! I really hope to get a part in anything honestly lol, and I didn't mean to be competition for you lol sorry. I'm also looking for feedback, so feel free to critique as you see fit! 

Cool beans guys!! I'm just ultra happy because somebody wrote a pretty long post on how they loved my voices!! I think I'm getting a part as Rarity and may be singing for Octavia!! :D

• Brohoof 2