Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset Shimmer?

Splodge Inks

Hi!

OK, I was browsing My Little Brony on Memebase, and I saw this:

1.jpg

Sunset Shimmer was a student before Twilight? 

As soon as I saw it, I was wondering whether she would appear in Season 4 or not. And if there would be any conflict or friendship between her and Twilight. I also wondered about Celestia, since Sunset was her student before, would she say something to Twilight about her possibly arriving to Ponyville and needing guidance. Or conflict because Twilight is now an Alicorn, and Sunset might be jealous. 

Any ideas?

~ Splodge Inks ph34r.png

• Brohoof 1

she is actually Prince Blueblood and cadences mother (yes she looks old enough) . she wanted to be an alicorn like her aunts but she couldnt 

Mother? That's very interesting! So why couldn't she be an Alicorn? Is it because she couldn't rule over anything? Because Twilight now rules over Friendship and Magic (I think). So she would possibly be jealous and want power and would possibly become a new antagonist?

• Brohoof 2

Well I believe one of the writers of MLP tweeted that she won't be in season 4.

However

It was these tweets led us to believe that Alicorn Twilight wouldn't happen and that we would get a Rarity episode.

Which none of these where true

So ya I'm going to hold back to these claims and believe what I believe.

Anyways I always though that Sunset was and Is an interesting concept.

I believe that she could appear in an episode sorta as a mentor (she was Celetias student before) for her upcoming events.

It maybe she left for a reason and has come back to sorta convince Twilight to leave for the same reasons she left.

There are so many possibilities that I can't fit them in all this post so I guess I'll end it now.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I wish she would. Love how the toys give her sort of a luchador-style mask. How cool would a tough new Mane Six member with a Latina accent be? It would be different enough from the rest to stand out.. Plus her design is good enough to be a major character.

It's just like Princess Skyla that did not show up in S3.

Maybe she was overpowered like the Baby Cakes.

I guess that Sunset Shimmer will not show up either.

She might have fire and blaze spells like the phoenixes.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

She appears in the movie Equestria Girls as the bad guy, and maybe Celestia calls Twilight her faithful student because no other pony has saved her sister, Equestria, is an Element of Harmony...

• Brohoof 1

she is actually Prince Blueblood and cadences mother

cadance is blueblood's sister.

oh celestia, why...  the. worst. possible. thing! i find cadance quite likeable, but blueblood is an flankhole, i cant imagine them being siblings...

I do like her design and I think it would've been intesting to see her as the villain of the season 4 premiere. Being Celestia's old student and being envy of Twilight becoming an alicorn.

The toy probably exist just to promote EG.

If what is stated is true, then I am having a lot of problems seeing her as a teenaged human in Equestria Girls, unless someone could explain to me how she and Twilight reverted to such an age.

It's possible this alternate dimension is like the Equestrian equivalent of a fairyland. Not necessarily a *good* fairyland, but one where being there renders you effectively immortal and unaging. Until you return to the 'real world', and all those years catch up with you.

So with this in mind, I'm going to make stuff up:

Sunset Shimmer was a student of Celestia several hundred years ago, and found herself in this mirror universe where she was eternally young. However, she's forced into the body of a non-pony, like all the inhabitants of the region, and has to relive the same day, week, month, or year over and over again for all of eternity (pretty much what high school felt like to me. dry.png)

It's taken her awhile, but she has finally tired of her meaningless existence and wants to leave, but she can't because she knows she would age instantly when she stepped outside the mirror. So she came up with a plan. She tricks someone in Equestria into stealing what she *thinks* is the Element of Magic, and bring it through the mirror in exchange for eternal life. The intent being to use it's magic to stave off the aging process when Sunset tries to leave.

However, due to this unnamed thief's incompetence, Sunset doesn't get the Element of Magic, but instead the easier to steal (and reasonably close looking) Twilight's Coronation Tiara. Not only is this useless to her, but Twilight comes in search of the thief, mainly to prevent further thefts rather than caring about that one piece of jewelry. Sunset comes up with a new plan:

Switching places with Twilight, so that Twilight now has the curse of not being able to leave the mirror without aging while Sunset is free to leave. This is arranged by tricking Twilight into actively taking Sunset's symbolic 'place' as eternal prom queen. A bit of magic jiggery-pokery, and Sunset can now step out of the mirror.

• Brohoof 1

cadance is blueblood's sister.

oh celestia, why...  the. worst. possible. thing! i find cadance quite likeable, but blueblood is an flankhole, i cant imagine them being siblings...

they could be like those two twins from hellboy 2.

Ontopic Its pretty clear sunset shimmer is evil and the villain of EqG smh

Sunset Shimmer being the villain of Equestria Girls possibly closes the doors for her to be in season 4. Could you see the possibilities? she could be like the evil student of Celestia's and somehow wants to get revenge from Twilight out of jealously, haha I don't see it happening but she could :P

I would love her to be in season 4.

she is actually Prince Blueblood and cadences mother (yes she looks old enough) . she wanted to be an alicorn like her aunts but she couldnt 

wut @_@

I'm guessing since she is a villain in EQG, I think she definitely has an issue with Twilight maybe because Sunset Shimmer used to be Celestia's student until she was banished from Equestria then Twilight became Celestia's student.

• 7 months later...

It's possible this alternate dimension is like the Equestrian equivalent of a fairyland. Not necessarily a *good* fairyland, but one where being there renders you effectively immortal and unaging. Until you return to the 'real world', and all those years catch up with you.

So with this in mind, I'm going to make stuff up:

Sunset Shimmer was a student of Celestia several hundred years ago, and found herself in this mirror universe where she was eternally young. However, she's forced into the body of a non-pony, like all the inhabitants of the region, and has to relive the same day, week, month, or year over and over again for all of eternity (pretty much what high school felt like to me. img-1499559-1-dry.png)

It's taken her awhile, but she has finally tired of her meaningless existence and wants to leave, but she can't because she knows she would age instantly when she stepped outside the mirror. So she came up with a plan. She tricks someone in Equestria into stealing what she *thinks* is the Element of Magic, and bring it through the mirror in exchange for eternal life. The intent being to use it's magic to stave off the aging process when Sunset tries to leave.

However, due to this unnamed thief's incompetence, Sunset doesn't get the Element of Magic, but instead the easier to steal (and reasonably close looking) Twilight's Coronation Tiara. Not only is this useless to her, but Twilight comes in search of the thief, mainly to prevent further thefts rather than caring about that one piece of jewelry. Sunset comes up with a new plan:

Switching places with Twilight, so that Twilight now has the curse of not being able to leave the mirror without aging while Sunset is free to leave. This is arranged by tricking Twilight into actively taking Sunset's symbolic 'place' as eternal prom queen. A bit of magic jiggery-pokery, and Sunset can now step out of the mirror.

clestia says that a former student not long before twilight. so sunset  isn't hundreds of years old.

Well I believe one of the writers of MLP tweeted that she won't be in season 4.

However

It was these tweets led us to believe that Alicorn Twilight wouldn't happen and that we would get a Rarity episode.

Which none of these where true

So ya I'm going to hold back to these claims and believe what I believe.

Anyways I always though that Sunset was and Is an interesting concept.

I believe that she could appear in an episode sorta as a mentor (she was Celetias student before) for her upcoming events.

It maybe she left for a reason and has come back to sorta convince Twilight to leave for the same reasons she left.

There are so many possibilities that I can't fit them in all this post so I guess I'll end it now.

well, if we don't get Sunny this season, remember there's season 5 comming

clestia says that a former student not long before twilight. so sunset  isn't hundreds of years old.

Celestia is at least a thousand years old, and likely a great deal older than that. To someone that old, a couple of hundred years isn't very long ago at all. Most of the people on this forum are about 18-20, so to them 'not that long ago' is maybe a year or two. I'm 45, and ten years ago doesn't seem very long ago. I can just imagine what 'not long' means to someone fifty times my age.

• Brohoof 1

no it says that Sunset Shimmer was a student hundreds of years ago

Celestia is at least a thousand years old, and likely a great deal older than that. To someone that old, a couple of hundred years isn't very long ago at all. Most of the people on this forum are about 18-20, so to them 'not that long ago' is maybe a year or two. I'm 45, and ten years ago doesn't seem very long ago. I can just imagine what 'not long' means to someone fifty times my age.

no it says that Sunset Shimmer was a student hundreds of years ago

I'm a bit confused. You were objecting to my speculation because Celestia made a statement that Sunset Shimmer was a student 'not long' before Twilight. I then stated that from Celestia's perspective, given that she's possibly thousands of years old, hundreds of years ago may be 'not long'. Now you've repeated my speculation back at me.

I'm not sure what you're debating? Can you elaborate? :)