Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MyShiningArmor

I read an article the other day on Scootaloo and it seems that there is a possibility that Faust never meant for her to fly. I came accross a rumor stating that her wings are so tiny because shes supposed tk.be disabled. I don't understand this though because in several of the Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes she flies for a short period of time. To me it seems like a Nemo type scenario. I think maybe she can fly, just not extensively, and that perhaps this may change when she gets older. After all, we do see many pegasi with small wings as foals, as well as the buff stallion with tiny wings who can fly just fine. What do you think? :3

post-14001-0-81453000-1364833805_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

I think too that, rather than her being actually disabled and not able to fly, she can only fly for short periods of time, or at least is able to slow her fall, which leads me to believe all she can do with her wings is hover through the sky, rather than flying through it.

Hovering requires much larger wings to catch the wind. If you watch the episode "Games Ponies Play" it shows Rainbow Dash as a foal, and her wings really aren't much bigger than Scootaloos at the time. You could be right though. Maybe her wings will grow but becauseof how small they are now she never learns to fly, just hover.

Hovering requires much larger wings to catch the wind. If you watch the episode "Games Ponies Play" it shows Rainbow Dash as a foal, and her wings really aren't much bigger than Scootaloos at the time. You could be right though. Maybe her wings will grow but becauseof how small they are now she never learns to fly, just hover.

It might partially depend on how much thrust her wings can deliver. Pegasi with normal wings can easily fly and turn in any direction while flying, while Scootaloo only seems to be able to slow her fall and turn, but limited.

Put simple, to change direction or altitude, you'd need enough thrust and if her having smaller wings is affecting that, there are 2 possibilities:

1. Her wings grow gradually as she grows older and she's eventually able to fly.

2. Her wings will stay the way they are, even when she grows up and she won't be able to fly, or at least not on her own.

I've mentioned this before in other threads and such, but I'd actually be happier if they kept the whole Scootaloo not being able to fly thing intact. Like somebody else has mentioned here, I would rather that her wings stay the same size and in turn make her unable to fly much at all. I think it would help her open up more in character, and provide a way to further solidify the sisterly relationship that her and Rainbow Dash have formed over time. 

• Brohoof 1

Well think about it. Scootaloo doesnt seem to have parents, nor any siblings of any type. Rainbow Dash is the closest thing she has, and with RD being so busy with the weather and the Wonderbolts and stuff, there is noone to teach Scootaloo to fly. That would limit her to whatever she teaches herself as a foal.

Personally i feel it would be more interesting to keep her as a "disabled" filly.

Just since it would give the kids something more to relate to if they're in a situation like that themselves.

Not to mention with the amount of thing's she has done already it shows that not even a disability can hold you back from your own greatness.

The possibility that she's disabled has been floating around for a while. I don't think it's canon, though. The may be able to hover, but she can't really FLY.

To me, flying is like being 50 feet in the air, if you can reach Cloudsdale, then you can fly.

Well think about it. Scootaloo doesnt seem to have parents, nor any siblings of any type. Rainbow Dash is the closest thing she has, and with RD being so busy with the weather and the Wonderbolts and stuff, there is noone to teach Scootaloo to fly. That would limit her to whatever she teaches herself as a foal.

I kinda had a thought that flying is something that can not be taught, but it's more of an instinct that pegasus have. Now there is a school for flying, but I think that is a place to improve on ones flying and a place to teach flying. Look at Pound Cake, both his parents are earth ponies and he was able to fly.

So I do think Scootaloo is disabled and they should run with that. It would to her lack of character.

I do have the feeling that she is disabled.

I they ever make this canon in the show is unkown

That or she stated out with a slower growth in her development of wings and can't fly yet.

She may need to beat her barriers and learn to fly

Either scenario would make for an interesting episode.

I've mentioned this before in other threads and such, but I'd actually be happier if they kept the whole Scootaloo not being able to fly thing intact. Like somebody else has mentioned here, I would rather that her wings stay the same size and in turn make her unable to fly much at all. I think it would help her open up more in character, and provide a way to further solidify the sisterly relationship that her and Rainbow Dash have formed over time. 

This is exactly the point I made in another thread; I agree with this wholeheartedlty. It would be amazing character development for her and the bond she has with Dashie.

Personally I can think of a few good stories; firstly that Rainbow dash had very small wings when she was a young phillie... and they bond over it. I don't think that will happen. Rainbow dash's adoption of the turtle suggests that she can relate to disability and wants to help others achieve their dreams.

Secondly it would be nice to see Scootaloo on a Paraglider; she already uses pretty cool prosthesis in the form of her scooter.

Again I'm probably reading too much into this but the earth ponies, the Pegasus ponies and the unicorns almost represent working, middle and upper class. The earth ponies are forced to toil and work with their hooves in menial jobs like farming, the Pegasus ponies literally have aspirational wings and control the fate of the earth ponies (vis the weather). The unicorns, of course don't work with their hands but take on the best jobs, the thinking jobs. Privileged from birth they have far more ability and choice... Yes I think I'm reading too much into it. smile.png

• Brohoof 1