Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony play Cybernations?

Neptunebyte

(edited)

I guess this would be more of would anypony like to play cybernations.

It's a web-based game where you can make your own nation, give it a capital, make trades, build infrastructure, make citizens happy and all of that. You can get involved with an alliance, and with global politics.

I play the game in a brony alliance called the Everfree Union, and it is quite fun. We just finished our involvement in a global war and are currently in reconstruction. We're a fun bunch, and have impressed the global community by our involvement in the war. We are trying to have more game nights and expand stuff like our RP, but we need more members.

Anypony want to give it a try, I promise you won't be bored!

Edited by Neptunebyte

Forgot to add the description the game uses:

"Cyber Nations is a free persistent browser-based nation simulation game. Create a nation and decide how you will rule your people by choosing a government type, a national religion, tax rate and more. Build your nation by purchasing infrastructure to support your citizens, land to expand your borders, technology to increase your effectiveness, military to defend your interests, and develop national improvements and wonders to build your nation according to your choosing."

Like I mentioned in my intro, Neptune and I are in the same alliance in this game. It's really a lot of fun. The game is simple and easy but can become extremely complex if you're interested in learning the nuts and bolts. And that's to say nothing of the political meta-game that goes on, as alliances vie for power!

Anyways, anybody who'd like to check us out and help poni take over the world would be appreciated!

For sure! Our forums are at http://s13.zetaboards.com/Everfree_Union/index/

If you make an account there and then submit an application, we'll get you masked and give you guides to peruse. Short version is this, though: edit your nation to be on the white team, set your taxes to 28%, and set your DEFCON to 5 and Threat Level to Low. Keep your soldiers at about 20% of your total population. Focus on buying infrastructure for now, and when you get 1000 citizens, buy the harbor. Welcome to the game!

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played CN in a long, long time. It was fun at first, given that I came from Nation States, where the gameplay is minimal, but it really sucks to get into an alliance that goes to war and doesn't help you out. That's the reason I quit, actually.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played CN in a long, long time. It was fun at first, given that I came from Nation States, where the gameplay is minimal, but it really sucks to get into an alliance that goes to war and doesn't help you out. That's the reason I quit, actually.

Yeah, that's the worst. What alliance were you in, if you recall?

EvU actually just got out of a big war wherein we distinguished ourselves by fighting an opponent much, much larger than us. Everyone fought well and I was very impressed with how well we stuck together and did damage!

Yeah, that's the worst. What alliance were you in, if you recall?

EvU actually just got out of a big war wherein we distinguished ourselves by fighting an opponent much, much larger than us. Everyone fought well and I was very impressed with how well we stuck together and did damage!

Hmm. First I was in GATO and then I was in another where everyone was into firearms. It had a right-wing crowd. Not that that bothered me. I'm right-wing, myself and like firearms. :derp:

All I can remember was that they had a yellow flag with a picture of a minuteman.

Ah, must have been the Federation of Armed Nations, or FAN!

I'm a pretty big fan of theirs myself, pardon the pun img-1333594-1-derpy_emoticon2.png Some of their shenanigans on the OWF are awesome.

Yes! FAN! How are those guys doing? I remember when I joined their website, they gave me a quiz on guns just to make sure I'd fit in.

Unfortunately, wars are so tedious on CN. I hated having to copy and paste aftermath reports into the war thread just for no aid to come my way.

Yes! FAN! How are those guys doing? I remember when I joined their website, they gave me a quiz on guns just to make sure I'd fit in.

Unfortunately, wars are so tedious on CN. I hated having to copy and paste aftermath reports into the war thread just for no aid to come my way.

FAN is doing alright. They got smacked down pretty hard and aren't a huge player anymore, but they're still definitely around. I don't know if you knew Jack Tarr, but he died recently. It was really sad...

Is it all text based, with a 24/7 persistent world?

I used to play some games like that, but every time without fail, I'd be a few days in when some ass somewhere would come and destroy my entire nation while I was offline :/

Is it all text based, with a 24/7 persistent world?

I used to play some games like that, but every time without fail, I'd be a few days in when some ass somewhere would come and destroy my entire nation while I was offline :/

Yes, but joining an alliance usually ensures that the asses leave you alone. Only exception is when your alliance goes to war, but that's organized and fun, IMO.

That's about how long I've been playing Cybernations! Plenty has happened in these years, mostly war laugh.png

Also, bronies finally came to the game and made their presence known.

That's about how long I've been playing Cybernations! Plenty has happened in these years, mostly war img-1334476-1-laugh.png

Also, bronies finally came to the game and made their presence known.

Making our presence known is simply not enough! We must take over the (virtual) world! But we need minions for that particular evil plan.

So, join today! derpy_emoticon2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit Neptune, how'd you beat me to cupcake?

Anyways, figure I'll bump this, because we could really use the recruits! Trading is a very important part of the game, and having lots of folks to trade with is very important for everyone.

Plus, if you join now, you'll be nice and badass for the next war ph34r.png

• 1 month later...

Welp, this thread has been dead for a while now ohmy.png

Well, we are still looking for some new recruits, and we could use any and all new members. Good news, we got a new treaty with another alliance, so we are looking to increase our influence soon.