Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best Stories in Games

Blue Moon

Kingdom Hearts! Except for making a Simba a wuss, they do a great job adapting the movies!

Haha...well, while I do love Kingdom Hearts with a passion, it's story is convoluted as all-let-out. Still very entertaining though, if you're willing to parse through all the information.

Planescape: Torment has a very interesting story, with amazing writing and dialogue (Even John de Lancie doing some voice acting!) It's just a shame that the gameplay is rather dull, but if you can get over that, and you like reading, that's a game I'd absolutely recommend

• Brohoof 1

"Chrono Trigger"

"Final Fantasy" Series

"Red Dead Redemption"(Dat Ending :) )

The "GTA" Series(usually have well-written Dialogue, the story is just not that spectacular)

"Assassins Creed" series have decently written ones as well.

And then there is the "Bioshock" Series, especially "Infinite".

• Brohoof 1

the Metal Gear Solid series for sure, no matter how many times I play them I still enjoy them to the fullest extent

The Ace Attorney series is also really good, despite each game having that "one" trial

• Brohoof 3

Dark Souls, which has my favorite form of storytelling in games, that is not actually directly telling the story. I like games that don't try to force you to care about the story and just kind of leave it there for you if you want it. Not that I dislike cutscenes and such things, but you need good characters for that to work. Sometimes I just don't care about the characters because I was given no reason to care about them, Far Cry 3 is one example I can think of.

I love Dark Souls for the way it uses it's environments for the story too. Having an interesting or believable world is so important in a game, sometimes more important than characters and events. The world in which a game is set is such a powerful tool for storytelling. Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Bioshock do this really well too. Shadow of the Colossus has the kind of minimal storytelling I like as well. I also love Silent Hill 2 for the way it uses symbolism.

• Brohoof 2

Kingdom Hearts! Except for making a Simba a wuss, they do a great job adapting the movies!

I'd actually say the KH series does a terrible job of adapting the movies. They cut too much content out, the characters usually only take one side of their movie personality and stretch it as thin as they can go just so they can appear in the game, and they could just as easily replace all of the Disney worlds with original worlds themed the same way and the game would be exactly the same.

It might not be as popular but it'd be a million times better if they took their creative energy they use for the original stuff they do have and spread that out to the rest of the game.

I actually think the KH franchise is best when it's doing anything non-Disney. The original content is what I play the games for.

Oh, this is an easy one, :D.   IMO, Halo has the best story, and not to mention..................i enjoy a lot of Science Fiction, and is quite interesting, :D