Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Marine Brony?! Absurd!

Scritches

Hello one and all, I am Hodunk_Spelunk and I'm pleased to meet you. In real life I am a former marine who served overseas for 3.5 years. If you had told me a year ago that I would be into ponies I would called you f...well I can't bring myself to finish that word, not since joining this fandom anyways. I play guitar and have been for 9 years now and I am seeking to collaborate with other bronies to make some music for all the rest of ponydom to enjoy.
So where to begin...I first got into ponies because a buddy of mine from the Corps showed me a video titled "My Little Serenity" as we are both big time browncoats(Months later I convinced him to watch the show). I proceeded to show the video to an old high school buddy of mine who spent an hour ranting about how great the show was. At first I didn't even seriously listen to him, then he mentioned that there was a parody of Star Trek in one of the episodes. We were watching "Swarm Of The Century" 5 minutes later and I've been a fan ever since.

Ah yes, I completely forgot... LUNA IS BEST PONY! Posted Image

*EDIT - 11/28/2011*
IT seems that this thread somehow keeps getting bumped whenever I reply to people here, sorry for that ahead of time I have in fact been here since early October, around the time when the site first started up. Your comments are still appreciated and I will reply to them eventually. Thank you one and all.

Edited by Hodunk_Spelunk
  • Brohoof 4

First, I salute you for your service to the country. And then, I welcome you to the forums, I'm Tom the Rock, also known as (>^.^)>. Also, I noticed an error in your post. Luna is not how you spell The Great and Powerful Trixie. Anyway, can't wait to see you on the forums!

Lol, I see what you did there. :P

First, I salute you for your service to the country. And then, I welcome you to the forums, I'm Tom the Rock, also known as (>^.^)>. Also, I noticed an error in your post. Luna is not how you spell The Great and Powerful Trixie. Anyway, can't wait to see you on the forums!

On behalf of all those who aren't here to say so, I thank you. As for Luna and Trixie, aren't they one and the same? :P

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/dc8703a553c174bd5add3878671a7f43/36570%20-%20Trixie%20artist%3Aadcoon%20celestia%20comic%20luna%20trickster.png

We shall get along swimmingly, my friend.

Outstanding!
  • Brohoof 2

Hey Leatherneck! Welcome! What an interesting story, I love hearing how everypony discovered MLP:FiM.

Luna is awesome. :3

• Brohoof 1

Just got an email today saying these forums are now up, and the first post I notice after I join is a fellow jarhead AND browncoat!!! I already love this community!!!! Semper fi, love and tolerance!!

I have yet to get any of my old corps friends to come out of the stable, but I have plenty of regular friends that have joined the herd, and hope to meet many more here.

Edited by Twentypercent
  • Brohoof 2

Just got an email today saying these forums are now up, and the first post I notice after I join is a fellow jarhead AND browncoat!!! I already love this community!!!! Semper fi, love and tolerance!!

I have yet to get any of my old corps friends to come out of the stable, but I have plenty of regular friends that have joined the herd, and hope to meet many more here.

Semper Fi brother.

Luna needs more screentime!

I couldn't agree more, however episode 4 is right around the corner.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I thank you for serving our country, also many loves and tolerances for being a brony too, I actually want to become a pilot for the Marine Corps when I get older, after going to the Naval academy, funny thing though, this dream of mine always reminds me of Rainbow Dash, but I currently favor Fluttershy. (but Dash is #2)

:)

• Brohoof 2

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I'm ProjectRKA, been on the forum for about a month or 2.

I'm a dj, i play guitar as well, and listens to almost all kinds of music. To say the least, I can't live without music. :P

Now, enough about me. Hope you'll enjoy your time here, and meet everypony o

• Brohoof 1

​Welcome to the forums. This is probably the most welcoming place on the face of this planet. By the way,

Posted Image

by you joining the forums. one last thing.

Posted Image

Hey, I thank you for serving our country, also many loves and tolerances for being a brony too, I actually want to become a pilot for the Marine Corps when I get older, after going to the Naval academy, funny thing though, this dream of mine always reminds me of Rainbow Dash, but I currently favor Fluttershy. (but Dash is #2)

You, sir are a man of good judgement. Edited by Ice

Sorry for the ridiculously long reply time, I wish the best of luck to you in your military endevours. On behalf of all those who are no longer here to be able to do so, I thank you.

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I'm ProjectRKA, been on the forum for about a month or 2.

I'm a dj, i play guitar as well, and listens to almost all kinds of music. To say the least, I can't live without music. :P

Now, enough about me. Hope you'll enjoy your time here, and meet everypony o

I have had a good time here, it's been a pretty pleasent, so what style of music do you make?

Don't know why this old thread was bumped but...

-salutes-

*returns salute* CARRY ON!

Bumped threads are bumping.

I never officially said hi to you? The fuck is wrong with me.

:o Me neither. Hi Leatherneck! Welcome to the forums (even though you've been here as long as I have :P )

I have had a good time here, it's been a pretty pleasent, so what style of music do you make?

Actually I do not make music. I mix music. That's what a Dj's doing.

A producer, however, is making the music. Which I'm not. But I most

certainly would love to get starting on that, but I don't have the possibilities

to do so at the moment, because my parents are always complaining about my

music being too loud... (Can't producer properly, on low volume) D:

But when I'm mixing , I'm generally mixing House, Hardstyle and Hardcore.

I have a livestream next weekend as well, which you could check out.

Here's a link: http://mlpforums.com/topic/1390-livestreaming-next-livestream-december-3rd/

Bumped threads are bumping.

I never officially said hi to you? The fuck is wrong with me.

Hi there, Leatherneck. Glad to see your still around.

Yeah, I'm still around. I mostly hang out in Sugarcube Corner here on the site. I love debating/discussing the various aspects of the show with fellow bronies. :D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMVq9CFYIXk

*returns salute to Rainbow Dash...who awkwardly maintains the salute*

Me: Done yet Dash?

RD: ...*still saluting while the music plays*

Me: O...kay...*walks away slowly* o0

Edited by Leatherneck

*returns salute to Rainbow Dash...who is still maintaining the salute* ...

Me: Done yet Dash?

RD: ...*still saluting while the music plays*

Me: O...kay...*walks away slowly* o0

Dash is srs bsns.

Ah, Sugarcube Corner. I'm in there sometimes. You should visit Everfree, we don't bite.

...Well, Viscra and NeverNeverLand might.