Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestial Family paradox ;-)

SasQ

Might be Scootaloo.. Might not... The writers didn't say who the disabled one wold be... Personally I don't want it to be Scootaloo... I'm actually hoping they bring in a new character who will later on join the CMC... Yeah... Disney princess are ok, but there are just too many of them... I do think the MLP princess have a bit more dimension to them than the normal princess... I guess I'm just hoping for a princess like Toph from Avatar... (The cartoon Avatar... not the movie).

Totally agree about Scootaloo. I really hope to see her fly with Rainbow Dash one day. Maybe we will see it but I'm not holding my breath.

Well apparently Cadence and Blueblood were "adopted" by Celestia and it's likely that the writers felt that making them her children was too complex, so they opted for niece and nephew. It also may be somewhat honorary like I described above.

I've been going with the same theory, except that the original adoption happened so many generations ago that it's just assumed they are related at this point.

First off I sincerely doubt that Luna and Celestia are sisters at all.  My guess is that they are the last two surviving alicorns OR that they were created by some sacrificing of other ponies.  Time has just passed and it is more convenient to think of them as sisters.

As far as Blueblood I think he is merely the highest ranking noble and they may have some vague ties to the Alicorns.  Over all of this time they had to have had at least one foal sometime long in the past.