Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when people argue?

My parents? Good friends? It usually stresses me out and makes me upset, because I actually care.

Random pricks on the internet trying to be keyboard warriors? Endless, free entertainment. Many times I sit back and laugh while watching people make complete fools of themselves.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

When it happens between my online friends, i just ignore the chat until they finish it.

When it happens irl, i just put in some music for myself, and ignore the arguing. I hate to get involved into arguments :P

That's a good question.

See, my household is like trying to navigate a minefield during a tornado in a wheelchair with 2 prosthetic arms with a blindfold on. Arguments are happening on a minute to minute basis. Living in these conditions has had its positive and negative effects.

On a positive note I've become the family peer mediator. When my folks argue, I'm the unbiased third party at all times.

So I guess my answer would be that when people argue, I employ the powers of cooperation and crisis management. I'm the guy who works to de-escalate conflict. 

I hate it when people don't get along and start arguing. Growing up, my brother and sister used to argue a lot, and I was always the one stuck in the middle who had to keep the peace. Being the youngest, it didn't seem like it should have been my problem, but I always had to play the grown-up. Nowadays I just try to avoid confrontations altogether. On the rare occasion when I get wrangled into something, I try to keep it civilized and work it out intelligently if possible. If something involves me personally rather than me trying to settle someone else's dispute, I try to walk away from it before I say or do something I'll regret later. Few things really set me off, but when they do it's best I don't let myself go and get too nasty. 

The only way to win an argument is to not argue. It seldom if ever changes anything so I don't like to waste my time and emotional effort. 

• Brohoof 1

Well being the middle guy, listening to both side of their problem and come up with a situation. If that wont work, then i just leave them to figure things out themselves . 

I actually enjoy watching people fight over something, I know, it's a bad habit of mine. I'd usually try my best to control the situation, but definitely not neutralize it.

Usually I just let them argue and often exit the situation too since that's none of my business. I'm not going to join in so no one could blame me for saying the wrong thing; they can solve their arguments by themselves if they wanted to argue in the first place.

If my friends ones are arguing, I do my best to create peace. I hate to see people I care about at odds with one another and it is quite awkward to be the person in the middle. If they are willing to, I take each one aside and listen to their side of the story. I then try to understand what each person wants from the other and I attempt to make compromise that each person will be satisfied with. Basically, I do my best to mediate the situation if both parties agree to it. :) 

If two random people are arguing, I usually distance myself from them. I have enough to focus on in my own life to be concerned with the arguments of others. 

I do my best to stay clear of it and let it blow over, unless for some weird reason I am brought up and have to defend myself. Arguments are so stress inducing and tend to go absolutely nowhere so I am avoid them like a verbal plague. If it goes on for too long, I may try to tell the people to chill out and relax, and trying to just peacefully resolve the situation. Peace is what people need.