Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventures in Ponyville

Umbral Noir

(edited)

DJ-BRONI3 stared out of the window as the hilly green landscape flashed by. The train had really picked up its pace and was speeding quickly towards its destination. As he looked out of the window, he thought about what had happened over the past few months.

His career as a DJ in Manehattan had really been taking its toll! The bright lights, late nights, club after club, it was too much for one pony to take!  He needed a break, some time away from it all. He wanted to go somewhere where nopony was constantly hounding him, looking him to do this, do that… DJ just wanted a bit of peace and quiet!

It was then that he remembered a place he had once visited when touring Equestria… Ponyville! It was a small town, friendly ponies and, most importantly, it was quiet! He had even heard about another DJ living somewhere  in Ponyville, maybe they would get along! He had immediately cancelled his next gig, packed his saddlebags and caught the first train to Ponyville.

As the train slowed to a gentle stop at the station, DJ snapped back into the present. He stepped out of the carriage and into the warm morning sunshine. He looked up into the clear blue sky, the sun glinting off his red tinted sunglasses. All about him, ponies were meeting old friends and family, or saying their farewells. As he trotted past, he felt a little lonely, having nopony to welcome him, but, all the same, it was better than being surrounded by ponies looking him to play at another club in Manehattan!

DJ was looking forward to his stay in Ponyville; it would be the first time in ages that he would a chance to have some time to himself. He didn’t have to worry about that night, or the night after that or even the night after that! He could do what HE wanted for a change, explore Ponyville, go for a walk or even just get a good night’s sleep!

It was at this point that DJ saw Ponyville in the distance. The town looked very peaceful, the only noticeable movement coming from the slowly spinning blades of a large windmill on the outskirts. Rows of brightly coloured cottages filled the town, and a small stone bridge led the track DJ was following over a babbling brook and into Ponyville. “This place looks nice!” he thought to himself. He grinned. “I think I’m gonna like it here!”

Edited by DJ-BRONI3
  • Brohoof 3

(Yay finally and its 800...great well time to write a novel)

Flare flew a really long length from where he originally lived he was getting tier and thought it was a little farther till he reached ponyville...till he gave into exhaustion and crashed into the Everfree forest and passed out after he crashed into a big tree. After a few hours he woke up and noticed he had blood trickling from his head. "Great I'm bleeding...: probably should get out of here before it bleeds anymore" Flare said as he trotted through the forest not sure where he is going.

After endless trekking through the forest he found an exit from the forest."Great now to get to ponyvill"Flare said as he trotted slowly to Ponyville hold his head that is on a lot of pain and hopefully get some help. "Maybe there's a hospital around" Glare said as his vision started to blur. "And maybe fast to.." Flare said as he arrived in Pony ill though every pony there looked at him with concern wondering if he is ok. "I am never flying long distances again" Flare said.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Meanwhile, a red earth pony named Sport had just settled in to his new house the day before, with his beautiful pegasus wife, Twinkle Bloom. Sport is a baseball player born in Baltimare and started playing at age 5. Now he is living his dream for playing in Equestrian League Baseball, and better yet he was playing for a small town with the most loyal fans, the Ponyville Cardinals, 11 time world champions. Sport was recently drafted to the team and at age 16 becoming the youngest player in ELB history. His first game was tonight against the Mannehattan Yankees.

He took his ball bag and kissed Twinkle Bloom goodbye, "I'll see you at the game sweetie." He said. "Do your best." She replied. Sport walked over to Ponyville Stadium. As he looked at the town he smiled as other ponies wished him luck, since they knew who he was. "Thank you." He replied to them. "I'm gonna like playing here, beautiful town I must say." He said to himself. He met up with his coach, Pony LaRussa and hit the field for batting practice.

Edited by Sonicrules831
  • Brohoof 3

DJ finally reached his house in Ponyville, he had been given directions by Mayor Mare, the first person to welcome him to the town. It was a small, cosy little cottage, with pale blue walls and a thatched roof. Inside, he found the usual rooms, a kitchen and a living room downstairs and two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. He trotted upstairs, set down his saddlebags and flopped onto his bed. It had been a long journey, so he thought he should get some sleep and go out into the town again later.  He put some beats on with his portable speakers he had brought in his saddlebags. He never slept without music on.

As he began to drop off, DJ thought to himself “

I can’t wait to explore Ponyville! The ponies look friendly and the area seems peaceful. I think I'll go back out again later and explore the town. The house feels a little empty too, so I'll have to buy some new furniture. Ponyville looks like the perfect place to have a break from the big city life… maybe even… a… permanent one…” With that DJ fell into a pleasant slumber that lasted long into the afternoon.

• Brohoof 2

Oh Celestia. It had been a good long while since there was muffins to wake up to.  Even the blankets smelled of patry here. It was crisp and clean and warm, and there was a little tray with a note that said "Good Morning, lovebirds. XOXOXO --Mrs. Cake". And the sounds were heavenly. Pots and pans clanging together in the kitchen, oven doors opening and closing, a distinct upbeat techno tune in the distance and hoofbeats that sounded like dancing.

There was a soft cry in the air, muffled quickly by a suckling noise, followed by a second. 

"Hmm hmm...." SkyeRibbon chuckled amusedly to herself before shoving a hoof into Quickjet's sleeping face.

"Let's make a baaaby..." She cooed.

She poked all over his face with both purple hooves, tiny in comparison to her large, buff stallion. 

He fluttered open his handsome purple-tinted eyes for a moment, until the green fur of his lids came crashing back down in his drowsiness. He pointed his snout in the air, ignoring Skye's prodding--which included her wings now--and muttered,

"Only if its a food baby, and I get to carry it." 

SkyeRibbon snorted and gave him a shove.  

"Go away, meanie-flank." 

Jet laughed and snatched his round glasses from the night stand.

"You go away." He mocked, shoving her back. However, this time, SkyeRibbon toppled out of the fluffy bed, shrieking with laughter and false fear. She took this chance of already being out of bed to wake herself up. Skye began the task of  tying back her hair and long tail with her favorite green ribbons, and decorating her left forehoof with an identical ribbon, all the way up to her knee like a ballerina slipper's tie. 

"C'mon, we don't want the Cakes thinking we actually are trying to 'make a baby', it's almost noon. Let's explore today. I want to hike the White Tail forest."

Jet groaned in mock protest and rolled under the covers. SkyeRibbon laughed and yanked them away with her teeth.

"Come on sweetheart. A honeymoon isn't a honeymoon without a little exercise."

"I think you are confused about where that 'exercise' is supposed to take place."

"Jet, please? Muffins...." She lifted the platter and made a little food-moan over them.

"Ohh...fine."

They ate and then went downstairs to greet the Cakes, who were ready with coffee. SkyeRibbon could hardly believe her good luck of marrying such an amazing earth pony--much to her pegasus family's dismay-- and decided this was the happiest she could get.

It wasn't long before Quickjet was ushering her out the door of Sugarcube Corner, asking why they needed to ask for  directions to the White Tail Forest.

SkyeRibbon chuckled and trotted faithfully behind her husband.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The stadium had filled, the Mannehattan Yankees were in the opposing team's dugout as their leadoff hitter and long time shortstop, Derek AppleJeter was about to lead off. Before Sport hit the field where he would play right field, coach LaRussa told him a couple of things as he also waved to his wife. "Alright kid, you're gonna lead off with the speed you have. Go out there and make a good first impression. I've also decided to make you a 5th starter since you're the best all-round player I've ever seen." "Really?" Sport said. "Yes, now get out there and show them what you got!" Coach gave him a pat on the back as Sport jogged to right field. The fans saw him and cheered for him, he waved back.

AppleJeter stood up to the plate with Curtis Granderpony on deck. Chris Coltpenter was on the mound for the Cardinals. He wound up, and threw the first pitch and was hit directly to right center field. Sport ran towards the ball and called it too. The ball was a little out of range, so he took a big dive and caught it. Ponyville Stadium roared with cheer. He threw it to the second baseman. He smiled and said, "That was awesome!" Coltpenter got the next two out with strikeouts.

Sport walked up to the plate to face C.C Seedbathia. Sport walked up with the crowd behind his back. "Go sweetie!" Twinkle Bloom said in the crowd. Sport walked up with a similar stance to Apple Pujols, his teammate. C.C wound up and threw a belt high fastball, Sport stepped forward and smacked the ball a country mile over the fence and into the left field bleachers. The crowd went insane! "YES!" Sport said running around the bases and joining the pileup at home plate with his teammates. 1-0 Cardinals.

Edited by Sonicrules831

Windy Runner groaned as he rubbed his eyes and sat up in bed. "Oh Celestia, what I would do for ten more minutes of sleep. Oh well, the bits aren't going to make earn themselves." Moaning groggily, he rolled out from under the covers to start another day.

Fifteen minutes later, he stepped out if his modest cottage downtown and begin the short walk to the store where he worked. "Time to sell more useless appliances nopony needs" he muttered, "I must be about due for a raise now. Maybe I can celebrate tonight, there might be some new ponies I can meet in town. Feather Dust did say several new ponies had moved in recently, so they might need appliances. I can meet them then." Shrugging, and bolstered with the thought of maybe an exciting evening, Windy entered the shop to clock in.

"So much for new blood in town... Two hours working the floor and nopony shows up. Normally I'd count myself lucky to not have to work, but how am I supposed to meet new in town ponies of none will show up? Whatever, maybe I'll have a better chance after lunch." Windy always had been a pony of habit, and he always loved to eat at the open air stalls in the farmer's market. The stalls alway were full of delicious fresh food fit for the pro soccer player that Windy fashioned himself to be. "I'm sure I'll do better finding new buds on a full stomach."

• Brohoof 2

When DJ awoke from his nap, he switched off his stereo and went into town. It was the middle of the day, and he wanted to stretch his wings. Outside, the sun beat down on him and a cool breeze caused the leaves on the trees to flutter like tiny flags.

DJ opened his wings and took off. This way he could get a better view of what Ponyville had to offer. As he flew, he saw a large baseball pitch, with some ponies playing a match. He decided to check it out. When he was hovering over the pitch, a baseball came flying towards him. He quickly dodged it and chuckled to himself, “Phew, that was a close…OW!” He had forgotten to look out as it came back down and bounced off his head. “Oops! I think I’ll go before I get hit again!”

With that, DJ flew on through Ponyville. As he passed by, some ponies smiled and waved back at him, and he waved back. He passed by a large cottage made of gingerbread and he caught the mouth-watering smell of freshly baked pastries. “Mmmmmm….. that smells good,” he thought. “I’m getting hungry just thinking about the food there. I guess that’s the bakery.”

He then came to a shop selling furniture and appliances. “Great!” DJ thought to himself. “I could do with some furniture and a new sound system!” He flew down and went inside the shop.

Inside was a pony standing by the counter. “Hi there!” DJ said. “My name is DJ BRONI3. I’m new to Ponyville and I was looking for some new furniture and a large sound system for my house. I just need the usual sort of thing: tables, chairs, you know.”

• Brohoof 1

"I can find it."

"No, you can't."

"I can find it."

"Jet, shut up, we're asking."

"Why here?"

QuickJet had somehow managed to get them entirely lost. He had ran towards the first place he'd seen with trees, only to get knocked on the head by falling apples, yellled at by a red-haired filly, and given two free apples by another apologetic  pony about Skyeribbon's age, humorously with an accent similar to her Hoofsten accent. Somehow Jet thought this made up for getting lost: Free food instead of exercise, always a treat.

"Because! there are couches inside, and you can take a nap, I can leave you, and then today will be peaceful and quiet, and whiny husband free."

"....well geez, Skye. " Quickjet bit at her ear. "I luuuuuv yeeeeew."

"Stop. Heeelllooooo?"

The couple opened the door to the furniture shop--in reality just the first store Skye had seen-- and walked inside. Quickjet the grown stallion made a beeline for the bit-operated arcade machine near the window as Skye rolled her eyed and fluttered to the counter, standing quietly behind the customer before her.  

Flare walked past a hospital. "I hate hospitals" Flare said as he walked down the street as his wound stopped bleeding. "Well I'm in ponyville but so far haven't met anypony here yet...maybe I should head Dow to the shops and see what they have there to buy...maybe also get some bandages to cover this wound...that crash caused this much damage to me if so I need to be more careful" Flare said as he found a store. "Well that's convient" Flats said as he entered the store and brought some bandages and placed them in his saddlebag. "Well there now I can patch my self up in case I hurt my self again or if anypony needs to be patched up" Flare said as he left the store and passed by multiple venders and stopped by a few and got some food from the and placed them in hid saddlebag. "Every pony so nice here...I like it here better then where I used to live" Flare said remembering that ponies where he used to live you mean.

@

Flare kept walking till he saw a pony selling appliances and wondered what they were. "Excuse um what are you selling" Flare asked smiling.

• Brohoof 1

It was the ninth inning with the score tied at 3. He stood on deck as he saw Shane Robinpony hit a fly ball that hit a white and blue Pegasus. "Ouch! Is he alright?" Sport said as he flew away. It was ruled a foul ball and on the next pitch, Shane hit a line drive to center field.

Sport walked up to the plate with one on and two outs. It was either walk off, stay alive, or keep going into extras. Sport was 3-3 already with two home runs. Sport got in his stance and waited for Poniaro Rivera's pitch. He took a deep breath as Rivera wound up and threw. Sport stepped up and swung the bat fast. CRACK! The ball went long, long, gone.

"Sport with a 2 run Home Run and the Cardinals win!!!" The stadium announcer said as the crowd erupted in cheer. Sport was dog piled by his teammates. Cardinals win 5-3.

Sport, after the game, took his ball bag and left with Twinkle Bloom. "That was amazing honey!" She said giving him a kiss. "Thanks." He said. "Let me drop the ball bag off at the house and maybe we can get some appliances for the new house." He added. "Ok." Twinkle Bloom replied.

(edited)

Windy's ears perked up. That voice wasn't one that he recognized, which could only mean one thing...

"New customers!" Windy murmered excitedly. Turning to face the door, he threw on his best "Customer Service" smile. "So you're new in town?" Windy asked. The pony nodded. "Great!" Windy replied. "As for furniture and household appliances, you have come to the right place my friend. Here at Duster's Home and Service, we have all the home services you could possibly need or want, and even those you don't!" The pony chuckled slightly, then Windy continued, "so you said you wanted a kickin sound system? Well, first off, you sound like a pony who knows how to party, and any party pony is a friend of mine! Speaking of which, you'll want to get to know Pinke Pie, now that is a mare that knows how to throw a party! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she'll throw you a welcoming party since you're new! But anyways, here's a sweet sound setup, with a kicking bass! Rumor has it if you put the bass up to eleven it doubles as a dishwasher! There's a good way to save money by getting two appliances for the price of one! Only 2500 bits, and we take credit! As for the other dull stuff, we have plenty of home starter packages that are basically a bundle of chairs, a table, all basic appliances, and a bed for 2000 bits, with a free extended warranty. Dull, but comfy stuff, and pretty durable and reasonable. What do you think of a total home overhaul for only 4500 bits?"

Edited by Windy Runner
  • Brohoof 1

DJ smiled at the pony as he explained to him a special offer that he had for buying a new set of furniture and a sound system. It was a very good deal and DJ was happy to get such a great offer so quickly. "Thanks!" he said. "That sounds like a great deal! Would you be able to bring the stuff over later on?" He was glad to have been able to get the essential stuff out of the way so quickly! DJ wasn't a big fan of shopping. He paid the pony for the furniture and, as he turned around, almost bumped into a pegasus. “Wow!” DJ thought. “There must be a lot of new ponies looking furniture in Ponyville today!”

"Hi there!" he said to her. "I'm DJ BRONI3! I've just moved here from Manehattan. I don't know many ponies about here but I love making new friends!" He also noticed a green earth pony playing an arcade machine in the corner. He hadn’t noticed DJ, because he was so focused on playing the game on the arcade machine.

“He must have come in with the pegasus,” DJ thought to himself. "Ummmmmm... is that pony over there a friend of yours by any chance?” DJ asked her.

Sun was shining through the window as Elyssa woke up from her slumber. "Must have slept in, it's a good thing the shop isn't open today" Elyssa mumbled to herself. Getting out of bed and rubbing her eyes, Elyssa looked out the window. "Wow, wonder what I'm gonna do today" said Elyssa unenthusiastically. She got up and decided to make breakfast. "Omelette sounds good, not like it matters" Elyssa, obviously not being a morning pony, opened her fridge. "No eggs. *sigh". Elyssa started walking to the market, as she is waking up,she decides to try and meet some new friends.

She starts looking around the second she reaches the center of Ponyville. Elyssa has always been good at remembering ponies, she thought finding new ponies would be a walk in the park. "I bet I could name every pony here!" She looked around, in windows, balconies. She named everybody in the area, however, she noticed one pony with translucent red glasses. "Well, I said I would meet some new ponies" said Elyssa. She walked into the appliance store. Not needing to buy anything, she looked around anyways.

She recognized Windy, and several other new ponies. "Great! This is perfect, just what I need." She approached the pony with red glasses. Not being the usual shy pony she is, she starts talking to the stranger. "Hey! Are you new in Ponyville? My name is Elyssa, what's your name?"

Sport walked in with Twinkle Bloom to see other new ponies in the place. "Umm hello." He said. "We're new and looking for furniture, since I was given a good sized check by my team."

Then he walked up to the blue Pegasus. "Hi, my wife and I were looking for a nice dining set. A table and 4 chairs would be nice. Just some where we can just sit down, have dinner, and chat about the day." The store clerk smiled and showed him a few good sets for a cheap price.

He saw the white and blue pony there and he recognized him from when Shane Robinpony hit the ball to him.

"Hey. You look like the Pegasus that was hit from the fly ball earlier. You ok?" Sport asked. "Very sorry about that. Anyway I get since there are a few new ponies in here. I'm Sport I come from Baltimare and I'm an ELB baseball player for the Ponyville Cardinals. And this is my beautiful wife Twinkle Bloom." Sport said. "Umm…hello." She said quietly.

"Nice to meet you all. I'm always looking into making new friends and we're just glad to be here in Ponyville. It's such a nice town." He added

(edited)

“He must have come in with the pegasus,” DJ thought to himself. "Ummmmmm... is that pony over there a friend of yours by any chance?” DJ asked her.

Skyeribbon rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Yes," She groaned, embarrassed. "That's Quickjet over there, and I'm his wife, Skyeribbon. Nice to meet you,then...DJ?"

The other pony smiled, and she took that as a sign to continue.

"Yeah we um...." She blushed, "We are actually lost. We've never been to Ponyville before. I mean, I used to live in Cloudsdale, but I never came down here. It's pretty. But um.....um.....QUICKJET!" She snarled at her husband, who was making an insane amount of racket as he progressed in his game.

"WHAT."

"Baby, come over here."

"One more level."

"No more honeymooning."

"Coooming deeearest!"

The tall stallion immediatly jumped up and trotted gaily over to the conversation.

"This is DJ-BRONI3. DJ, this is Jet, my husband." She jabbed her hind hoof into his leg, and whispered, "say hi."

Quickjet cleared his throat and chuckled. 

"Nice to meet you, there, DJ. " He looked to Skye, then back to DJ-BRONI3, saying,"Mares, what can I tell ya." earning another jab in his leg.

"Well just break it off why don't ya!"

"Oh, don't be a baby, sweetheart."

"Geez..."

"Anyways," She turned her attention back to DJ. "We were wondering if maybe you could give us directions? We're on our honeymoon, and we're trying to see as much of the town as possible."

Skyeribbon smiled.

Just as everypony and their mother swooped in on her companion.

Skye backed away as several ponies made their way over to DJ.

"Umm...." She peered over at him.

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

"I'll talk to you later!" DJ said to Skyeribbon. He then turned to the unicorn who had just arrived. "Hi there Elyssa!" DJ said. "I'm DJ BRONI3. I'm new to Ponyville, I just moved here today! I'm glad to be making all these new friends!" DJ was just about to ask Elyssa some questions when an red earth pony trotted over with another pegasus.

"Hey! " the earth pony said. "You look like the pegasus that was hit by the fly ball earlier. Are you ok?"

"Oh it's ok," DJ replied, smiling. "it was my fault anyway. I should have been watching where I was flying!" The earth pony then told DJ that his name was Sport and then introduced him to his wife, Twinkle Bloom. "I'm DJ BRONI3! It's nice to meet so many friendly new ponies here!" DJ replied after the introduction. "I'm afraid I have to go now though, it's been a very busy day today and I have to go home and get everything unpacked. I hope I get to talk to you all again soon!" DJ then waved goodbye to all his new friends and flew off home.

When he got home, he unpacked the rest of his things. As he did so, he thought about how busy he had been today, but he was glad at the chance to meet all of these friendly ponies.

• Brohoof 1

"DJ-BRONI3? Nice to meet you, I'll be on the ball diamond as well. Definitely nice running into new friends. Glad you're ok man." Sport said to DJ. "I'm afraid I have to go now though, it's been a very busy day today and I have to go home and get everything unpacked. I hope I get to talk to you all again soon!" DJ then waved goodbye and flew off home.

Sport then saw a green, buffy earth pony, and two other pegasi. "Hi there guys. I'm Sport. I play for the Ponyville Cardinals ELB team. He looked at the green earth pony. "Hmm, you look like you could play football with your size." He complimented. He just smiled and said thanks. "Umm…hello. I'm Sport's wife, Twinkle Bloom. I-It's nice to meet you." She said shyly. "You guys look new here too like DJ. We just moved in yesterday and I just finished my first game today. Big win, 6-3." Sport said. They all smiled and said hi. "So what brings you guys to Ponyville?" He asked. The wife and I were here to get a new dining set and I guess I can add make friends to the list." He chuckled. "Good point sweetie." Twinkle Bloom said. "Do any of you all know each other?" She asked.

After wrapping up things at the appliance store,Elyssa went to the market to continue her shopping. "Let's see, what did I need besides eggs, orange juice? No, that's not it. Ugh, I can remember every name in Ponyville but I can't remember what I had to buy." She proceeded to buy the things she needed. While shopping, she saw one of her old friends.

"Hey! That's my friend Starshine! Hey Starshine, What's up?" "Wow, it really does feel nice to have a friend that I know, and I can talk to, and relate to. It really is great that I have my new friend DJ in Ponyville." Elyssa thought to herself. "Hey Elyssa!" Replied Starshine. "Have you met all the new ponies in town yet?" "Of course Starshine, you know how I am about meeting other ponies!" "Yeah, that's the Elyssa I know. I'll talk to you later" Said Starshine.

Elyssa started walking toward her favorite cafe. She started to realize how great is to have a good friend, it had been months since she actually talked to somebody. "Table for one please!" Elyssa happily exclaimed, glad to finally be relaxing. After being seated she looked at a clock. "Man, time really flies by when you're making new friends" thought Elyssa. "Will you be having anything today ma'am?" Asked the waiter. "Oh, not yet, I'm still thinking." Said Elyssa. "Hey! I have an idea, I'll look for ponies that I don't know that are walking by." Thought Elyssa. After looking for several minutes, Elyssa fell into a deep sleep.

Windy smiled as he turned away from DJ, now with a weighty bag of bits in his hooves. "That was a good sale, I ought to get a ton of commissions from this." he thought to himself, as he put the money into the store's safe. Before he had even shut the door, he heard a voice behind him,

"Excuse um what are you selling" Flare asked smiling.

Windy frowned and said, "Well, what do you think we sell at Dusty's Home and Service?" Then, realizing his snarky attitude wouldn't do him any good if he wanted to get a commission, took a deep breath and continued, "My apologies for any rudeness, that was out of line. I'd like to start over. Are you by chance new in Ponyville?"  The stallion nodded curtly in return, obviously off-put by Windy's sardonic attitude. "C'mon Windy, customer service is always first priority, the customer is always right even when wrong, blah blah blah. Just bend over backwards metaphorically and this guy'll forget all about my 'tude. Time to take the charm up to max level."  Plastering a stupidly happy smile on his face, Windy vibrantly (in his mind) beamed at the still irate customer.  "Nonverbal communication isn't helping, cut to the chase" thought Windy, as he continued, "So if you're new here, I suppose introductions are in order. Windy Runner, Canterlot Cavalier hopeful, at your service," he said, executing a showy, over-the-top-to-the-point-of-humorous bow. "And you are?" Windy inquired?

"Flare" came the reply, slightly warmer than before. 

"Flare? Cool name bro, I like it. It sounds mysterious, but also powerful. What can I say, I dig interesting names? Now, as to your question from before, we here at Dusty's sell all things home and home related. I can say with 100% confidence that you will find all home furnishings and trappings you could ever need, want, or desire here! This fine establishment is the only shopping stop you'll need to make as a new pony here! I don't know about you, but for me, that sort of convenience just is great, considering how much I hate shopping!" Windy rambled on, desperately trying to back peddle his way out of his initial misstep. However, Flare seemed to be warming up to him, and he took this as tacit approval to continue his pitch,

"Alright Flare, so since you're new here, I'd love to know, what are your interests? Perhaps we here at Dusty's can furnish it. Do you like pool? We've got pool tables! How about music? Nopony can beat our sound systems, and extra speakers are 20% off right now! Don't be shy, tell me what you're looking for! And if you're feeling angry for my previous attitude, let me take you to my favorite place in town, The Cider Barrel, and we'll have one on me! What do you say?"

(edited)

"Canterlot Caviler hopeful?" Sport perked up. "Sweet an athlete!" He thought to himself. "Umm Hi. I don't mean to jump in here but I hear you're a Canterlot Caviler hopeful." Sport said to Windy Runner. "I'm a ELB rookie for the Ponyville Cardinals baseball team." Sport said. "It's nice running into another athlete. I'm Sport. I originally come from Baltimare. I just came off playing my first game earlier against the Mannehattan Yankees. My wife and I were just stopping by to see what appliances you have. Nice place you have here."

"Hi, I'm Twinkle Bloom, his wife. Nice to meet you." Twinkle Bloom added. "I like to take care of animals and I love my husband." She added.

"What are your alls names?" Sport asked. "And if you're heading out somewhere. Mind if we tag along and get to know you all? We just moved in yesterday and it's always nice running into new friends. I do make pretty good sized checks since I play on a professional team. But I really don't want to brag. That would be rude of me." Sport said. "What do you think?" He asked.

Edited by Sonicrules831

"Bragging is perfectly acceptable in this establishment for an athlete of your caliber Sport!" Windy exclaimed, and bumped hooves with Sport before continuing, "I am a huge Cardinals fan, but I never was any good at baseball. I couldn't hit a beachball with a bat, let alone a baseball!" Windy chuckled before continuing, "That's why I became a soccer nut instead, I'm much better. Unfortunately, I hurt my head at a game a while back, and the Cavaliers said I can't try out for them for a year, give or take, due to being ineligible as a result of the concussion. What a load of crap, am I right? But its whatever, I'll make do in this shop till then. On that note, have a peek around, we've got more appliances than we know what to do with! Flare here is going to try and decide what he wants, then I'm going to take him to the Cider Barrel, my favorite eatery here in Ponyville. You and your lovely wife can join us if you want, there's always plenty of locals there you can meet and greet. They'll all want to know you, considering you're such a high caliber athlete. Before you, all we had was hopefuls like myself and Rainbow Dash, she's been obsessing over joining the Wonderbolts for longer than I can remember. That alone will get you some serious clout in this town! But in the meantime, what do you say you have a look around and see what appliances catch your eye, since I'm sure price isn't an issue for you!"

Windy's head spun a bit from his long winded spiel, but he felt he had started off on very much the right hoof with Sport and Twinkle by doing so.  "And a good thing too, a pony like him is sure to be loaded and I could use a big fat commission if I want to buy those new cleats I've been looking at."

• Brohoof 1

Heh, cool! That sucks, I usually don't get many injuries. I'm also a nice, easy going guy. More clam and collected you can say. And sure, Twinkle Bloom does that sound good?" Sport said. "Sure!" Twinkle Bloom said.

"Awesome. Maybe I can go sign some autographs for fans and such. I love doing stuff like that. Giving back to the community, signing autographs, meeting fans and new friends. Rainbow Dash? Didn't she win that Young Flyers competition a couple years back?" Sport asked Twinkle Bloom. "Yes, she saved her friend and the Wonderbolts from falling to the ground." She replied. "Wow. Amazing." Sport said. "Anyway, I would love to come along. Anyway, my wife and I need a dining set for whenever we have dinner and sit down and chat about the day. 4 chairs and a table are nice. Nothing fancy really." Sport added. "Yeah, any cheap sets available?" Twinkle said.

"Oh yeah and…." Sport said grabbing a couple of pictures of him self pitching for Canterlot's U-16 team in 2012 and signing it, then giving it to Windy Runner and FlareBolt. "Here you go." He happily said. "You're so sweet Sport." Twinkle said. "Thanks." He said as they kissed.

"I'm sorry if I sounded stupid my memory is bucked up after I crashed in the forest a bit ago" Flare said still feeling pain fro the wound on his head. "Uh yeah I like pool and music and don't worry im not angry" Flare said as he looked around a bit then he remembered he doesn't even have a house here yet. "Wish i could buy something here right now but I don't even have a house yet yet in fact I just got here" Flare said feeling stupid for even coming here. "I'm sorry for wasting your time i'll just leave right now" Flare said exiting the store. "I need to pay attention more so I dont make a mistake like that again...man I feel stupid" Flare thought as he trotted around Ponyville a bit more looking at all the sites and then wondered. "Where is the library at anyways" Flare said as he noticed a big tree that looked liked a house. "Didn't know they sold tree houses...literally" Flare said as he continued on. "Where am I supposed to go in order to even find a house" Flare said not even knowing where he is going anymore. "Also I think I may be lost now...great" Flare mumbled as he looked at his surroundings

Sport looked back at FlareBolt as he left, then looked back at Wing Runner. "Poor guy. We need to help him out. Maybe he could live at one of our houses until he gets money to buy one." Sport said to Wing. "Are we still up for the Cider Barrel? Umm anyway, what do we think is best to help to poor guy out?" Sport asked.

Sport, knowing that he's a really nice stallion and easy going, he feels bad for ones like FlareBolt. He thought to himself and to Twinkle Bloom if he could stay at one of our houses. Sport knew there was an extra room in his house that he was gonna make a guest room.

"Aww. Poor mister. Maybe he came from a far distance and because of that he doesn't have a home." Twinkle Bloom said sadly. Sport put his arm around her. "Yeah, you could be right. He just needs to be helped out by a few friends here." Sport said.

Windy Runner looked at Sport and agreed that we needed to help him and thought about ways they could help FlareBolt. Sport looked at one of the autographed pictures on the ground. "He forgot this. Hopefully this will make him feel better and hang up in his room. What do you think?" Sport said to Windy.