Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Thought that would happen eventualy xD

Well it does belong in the everfree forest as it says "Chat about anything that doesn't have to do with ponies here, in the depths of the Everfree Forest" and cloudsdale colosseum is for forum games 'n stuff like that.

So i don't see any good reasons why this topic should be moved to cloudsdale colosseum.

Edited by ProjectRKA

Well it does belong in the everfree forest as it says "Chat about anything that doesn't have to do with ponies here, in the depths of the Everfree Forest" and cloudsdale colosseum is for forum games 'n stuff like that. So i don't see any good reasons why this topic should be moved to cloudsdale colosseum.

Well everyone mostly spams :P

Moved this to Cloudsdale Colosseum. I don't think this thread is really contributing much to the forums.

Oh well. When I made this thread I thought there would be more meaningful discussion but it seems a lot of people just used it to spam. At least now it can't be used to increase post count.

General Chat IS Spam

Not really. You can have general chatter without spammish posts; the name 'general chat' just means that the thread isn't limited to any one topic of discussion. Instead of focusing on one topic, the topic changes and evolves depending on the direction it is taken.

A post about a specific movie could lead to a discussion on movies in general, which could then veer off into a discussion regarding a specific movie genre, and then a discussion of the genre itself outside of movies. That sort of thing. :wacko:

Not really. You can have general chatter without spammish posts; the name 'general chat' just means that the thread isn't limited to any one topic of discussion. Instead of focusing on one topic, the topic changes and evolves depending on the direction it is taken. A post about a specific movie could lead to a discussion on movies in general, which could then veer off into a discussion regarding a specific movie genre, and then a discussion of the genre itself outside of movies. That sort of thing. :wacko:

That's exactly what we did!

I'm attempting to get us up to 20,000 posts.....without spamming.

There's nothing wrong with spamming or going off topic sometimes. I just don't think it should be allowed to increase post count.