Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

10 hours ago, Miti said:

u-um... hi, everypony... i-i'm still trying to get accustomed to everything, but.... i-i saw this thread, and... i-i guess it's a good way for me to ... get to know all of you?

If by "all of you" you mean, "about 5 and a half of you", then yeah, sure. Itll only really work if you actively poke in and if anyone actually actively uses the thread. Which, is very hit or miss, mind you. If you really want to get into the groove of the place, I'd prolly poke around other areas, tbh, at least when not in here.

9 hours ago, Miti said:

b-but pony watching isn't going to get me anywhere... i-i mean, sure, i'll get to know how you act, but... would i really be a member by that point... o-or just a guest..?  :(

You'd still be a member, just one less active than others. Like me.

Ive been here for far too damn long and even I still just watch people more than not (albeit I really dont care for the general site/people anymore anyway). Usually for the better when it comes to me though, so hey.

Also, is that, uh, your normal way of typing or are you doing the  usual "pony" thing on places like this where one speaks as their oc/sona more so than not? Just kind of curious.

9 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I really wanna grow a ponytail, by the BTW...

Mmm...You could probably get to know me first...

Oh yeah, I forgot there were MLP references sprinkled all over this game...

capture_dashbow_barnacle.thumb.PNG.64433525e6cffbcc23d64b196bcc7266.PNG

@Miss H did you see the thing I drew on the last page, though?

Uh, I'm pretty sure the boat was named by you and Ren Bo isn't even close to an MLP reference unless it has flavor text aiming at it.

and I do believe I did. not sure the context on Haven's little square, but I did.

Just now, Miss H said:

You'd still be a member, just one less active than others. Like me.

Ive been here for far too damn long and even I still just watch people more than not (albeit I really dont care for the general site/people anymore anyway). Usually for the better when it comes to me though, so hey.

Also, is that, uh, your normal way of typing or are you doing the  usual "pony" thing on places like this where one speaks as their oc/sona more so than not? Just kind of curious.

i-i like being at least a little bit active in a forum that i join, though... i-i mean, that's why i joined in the first place...

a-and... kind of.  i kind of write with very, very good grammar, but i feel it inaccurately portrays... my voice, when i write.  i feel like i sound controlling or apathetic, a-and i hate sounding like that... i-i kind of adopted this for when i'm talking more as me (rather than super factual nonesense) so i don't .... scare others away qq

miti... grew to write the same way i do, however... but i had it, first. ><

20 minutes ago, Miti said:

i-i like being at least a little bit active in a forum that i join, though... i-i mean, that's why i joined in the first place...

a-and... kind of.  i kind of write with very, very good grammar, but i feel it inaccurately portrays... my voice, when i write.  i feel like i sound controlling or apathetic, a-and i hate sounding like that... i-i kind of adopted this for when i'm talking more as me (rather than super factual nonesense) so i don't .... scare others away qq

miti... grew to write the same way i do, however... but i had it, first. ><

I mean, fair point. If ya like the place, just go around and pop in a few places and you'll pick up traction soon enough, hun.

Aah, ok. Well, at least you have a more proper reason for it, I will give you that. I can also say from my own experience that I do understand not wanting to push others away like that. Its a trait I seem to have myself, however, its less my more to the point way of talking and more how blunt I can be in general (especially when poking fun at someone). I guess the two mixing isn't really a good combination either, but I'm a bit too lazy to actively change my typing pattern just for others.

1 hour ago, Miss H said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure the boat was named by you and Ren Bo isn't even close to an MLP reference unless it has flavor text aiming at it.

Yes I named the ship "Twilight Sparkle" and just left it at that; well, "Nightmare Moon" was also an option and so is "The Alright Ship Wreck" (the previous name for Stone of Cabbage). There's nearly 600000 possible names and not one of them is "The Ugly Barnacle".

I should probably start compiling a list of the most 5-year-old-ish things you can do when you're friggin' 25...

40 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Oh and my birfday's today...

happy happy birfday, may all your drems com tru. Happy happy birfday, from all our hearts to u

30 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

Hello there I might be here for  first time 

are you a first time boy or a first time girl

Hey Olly, get this: apparently theres a butt ton of songs that are actually covers of even older songs.

There are also covers of songs of today that try to imitate the style of older songs.

It gets worse. There is one song I know of written recently that mimics the style of 80s music.

We'd go full circle if such a song got modernized in a cover the same way as shown in statement 1, even more so if that song was mistaken for an 80s song.

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Hey Olly, get this: apparently theres a butt ton of songs that are actually covers of even older songs.

There are also covers of songs of today that try to imitate the style of older songs.

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

Meow meow meow  meow meow hello and buzz buzz Buzz

7 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

It gets worse. There is one song I know of written recently that mimics the style of 80s music.

We'd go full circle if such a song got modernized in a cover the same way as shown in statement 1, even more so if that song was mistaken for an 80s song.

Are...Are you just now discovering this....

Like, that's been a thing for so long...

Ganny, what rock have you been under, that's not even remotely new by this point, hun.

7 minutes ago, Miss H said:

Are...Are you just now discovering this....

Like, that's been a thing for so long...

Ganny, what rock have you been under, that's not even remotely new by this point, hun.

All of the rocks, apparently...

And this one:

capture_inkscape_limestonecube_2.thumb.PNG.8dcadfb88fa949e1811f35a7ee443d3f.PNG