Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

2 minutes ago, CHA0SXIII said:

@Ganaram Inukshuk, I'm actually doing a tutorial on Unity for making a video game right now. What are you programming if you don't mind me asking?

A Markov text generator.

capture_markov_text_generator.thumb.png.f60c48d135124c57649ea6b542a1cdd0.png

If you're wondering about the monitor, I'm undergoing a trial period seeing how well I can work with an ultrawide.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

2 minutes ago, CHA0SXIII said:

@Ganaram Inukshuk, what is a Markov text generator?

Take out your phone and make a sentence using only predictive text. Predictive text is based off of a Markov chain and that's the closest example of a Markov chain most people have access to. Mine takes in blocks of text and generates new sentences randomly based on what the next word is.

Alternatively, you can look up Subreddit Simulator, where every reddit post, comment, and reply is made by bots that use Markov chains.

Or you can watch this vid that explains how to make one using Javascript:

@CHA0SXIII Heya Cha0sXIII!  Good to see you in here!  8D

Heya everypony!  Hope you are all having good days!  @Artemis Good going!  How did you beat your anxiety?  Did you face the source of the issues head-on?  Meditation?  Oh, I know!  A potion from Zecora!!  Really, what did you do if you don't mind my asking?  Since it worked for you, I'm hoping your solution might help the next person I run into who's struggling.  :)

@Summer Storm It's something I had been dealing with my whole life. For the most part I was able to keep it under control until recently, when it became overwhelming. There wasn't anything to face, really. My anxiety didn't stem from anything external or any insecurities I had, it was just there all the time. So I finally talked to a doctor about it and got put on medication for it. Sertraline, which is the generic form of Zoloft. Works great. Makes me feel like my normal self, minus the horrible emotional background noise.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

Sertraline, which is the generic form of Zoloft. Works great. Makes me feel like my normal self, minus the horrible emotional background noise.

Does nothing for me. Well, maybe when I really needed it. I don't notice any difference now

13 minutes ago, Olly said:

Does nothing for me. Well, maybe when I really needed it. I don't notice any difference now

I honestly think something could've been done about my childhood, but it's too late to ever know.

On the other hand, Tyler is all grown up now.

capture_tyler_is_all_grown_up_now.PNG.e19988219d369358ba234af4c1569aab.PNG

3 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I honestly think something could've been done about my childhood, but it's too late to ever know.

On the other hand, Tyler is all grown up now.

capture_tyler_is_all_grown_up_now.PNG.e19988219d369358ba234af4c1569aab.PNG

Tyler's a big boy with a speed of 1,905 gallopers

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Yeah, I don't know what that means, but wasn't Tyler supposed to be a crossbow?

Well he has a small paddock and 1,746 beauty marks. Which is quite a few... Tyler is the true adonis of roosters