Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

1 hour ago, Miss H said:

The what now.

If <person> does not arrive within 15 minutes, I/we are legally allowed to leave.

If you're in a class that you hate, that person is the teacher and it's an excuse to ditch class. If you're in prison, that person is a prison guard. If it's a courier, it means they'll leave with your package if you don't respond fast enough.

2 hours ago, Venomous said:

I'm head over heels for Denki Kaminari 

Why that character :mlp_huh:

2 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Well, at least fuck The Reach, that place can fuck off.

lots of forsworn there I think

2 hours ago, Venomous said:

I'm head over heels for Denki Kaminari 

Fair choice I suppose.

1 hour ago, Miss H said:

The what now.

Well I guess not everybody.

3 minutes ago, Olly said:

lots of forsworn there I think

Yeah, It's the fucking worst.

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

Yeah, I agree it is pretty good. It gets a bit tedious at some points though.

Think so? It always keeps me interested but I do notice they seem to recycle the same style of plot where they practice at school and then the villains show up toward the end of the season 

Just now, Olly said:

Think so? It always keeps me interested but I do notice they seem to recycle the same style of plot where they practice at school and then the villains show up toward the end of the season 

And then they get reprimanded for fighting the villains.

One thing I can't stand though: Mineta. Whenever he shows up I can only groan.

2 minutes ago, Venomous said:

He's gorgeous! He has an awesome quirk and he seems to be sweet-hearted :mlp_grin: Bakugo is still my #1 though.

Well, at least he isn't inhuman like Dupli-Arms guy or Ani-voice guy (Literally can't be bothered to remember every character's name)

And his quirk is at least usable now in the new season with his new tech.

• Brohoof 1

@Olly

He's gorgeous! He has an awesome quirk and he seems to be sweet-hearted :mlp_grin: Bakugo is still my #1 though.

Deku is hot af these other guys can't compete 

1 minute ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

One thing I can't stand though: Mineta. Whenever he shows up I can only groan.

I don't have a problem with him personally. He's an obligatory anime trope that I'm already used to, and he rarely appears anyway 

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

So we all just gonna ignore the fact that I got a new phone when I least expected it?

Um, sorry?

Who bought you the phone?

2 minutes ago, Olly said:

Deku is hot af these other guys can't compete 

But he's the protagonist, it's barely fair.

2 minutes ago, Olly said:

I don't have a problem with him personally. He's an obligatory anime trope that I'm already used to, and he rarely appears anyway 

He appears quite a bit though.

But yeah, I guess if you need to have every trope then you can throw and annoying one in there.

1 minute ago, Venomous said:

Shoji is attractive in a mysterious sort of way. I have a thing for guys with masks.

Mostly his quirk looks kinda gross, know what I mean?

1 minute ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Um, sorry?

Who bought you the phone?

He appears quite a bit though.

But yeah, I guess if you need to have every trope then you can throw and annoying one in there.

Mostly his quirk looks kinda gross, know what I mean?

Well, it was gonna just be a replacement phone for my mom, but there was a deal for me to get a new phone as well.

2 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

He's a very solid protagonist, I think that's one of the best parts of the show. Frankly, most anime (and other media) have pretty weak protagonists, character-wise

3 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

It's just something you gotta roll with. The tropes are in every anime but honestly this show doesn't hammer them home to hard

@Sir Punicpunch

I guess it is sorta gross-looking especially the sound it makes when new limbs form.

There's like... 5-6 characters that do something gross with their skin/bodies. Even bakugo

Just now, Olly said:

He's a very solid protagonist, I think that's one of the best parts of the show. Frankly, most anime (and other media) have pretty weak protagonists, character-wise

He's pretty solid yeah. A lot of the show is the utilization of the other side characters though, and while it usually doesn't end up this way, it can cause a bit of a tug-of-war for the spotlight.

Prime example being Iida and Uraraka. They were originally shown to be the two main side characters while Bakugo was a sort of deuteragonist. But by the time season 3 rolled along Iida and Uraraka barely show up more than any of the other side characters and Todoroki began to take more of the screentime.

Not that I hate Todoroki or Bakugo, and there is more than enough time to develop all five of the characters, especially since Iida had his whole character arc with Stain and such.

(Sorry for the rant)

8 minutes ago, Olly said:

It's just something you gotta roll with. The tropes are in every anime but honestly this show doesn't hammer them home to hard

I just don't particularly like the whole pervert trope, it's unsettling.

I rememebr when my friend found out that Bakugo's sweat is the key to his quirk and he was like "That's just disgusting". I lost it.

Out of all things, that's the weird/disgusting thing in the show he commented on?

Just now, Odyssey said:

i-i... kind of like sero for some reason

Honestly, I really love his costume. The tape holder helmet is just amazing.

@Sir Punicpunch

He also thought that Shoji's quirk was gross. And as cool as I think a quirk is to be able to communicate from animals, Koda is just such a boring character. I almost always forget he exists along with Toru & Sato.

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

No; I had already intended to replace it with a new one in December but it ended up being November...

Just an upgrade then?

He also thought that Shoji's quirk was gross. And as cool as I think a quirk is to be able to communicate from animals, Koda is just such a boring character. I almost always forget he exists along with Toru & Sato.

At least he gets a good moment in the Final Exams Arc.

Yeah, there are a lot of characters, so there are bound to be ones you just forget.