Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Yeahh... college - even community college - is pretty killer.

I am lucky beyond words in that I fell into a job that has and continues to provide me with a great deal of useful - and free - vocational training.

• Brohoof 1

I'm afraid of being a senior because I am terrified that I am about to live on my own, pay my own bills, and somehow try to get into college. THIS GUY DOSEN'T WANNA GROW UP :(

I used to have this fear myself. And then when I turned 18 that line of thinking magically disappeared. My advice would be to prepare well in advance rather than worry about it until you hit graduation and are left trying to scramble to get college life started.

In life, being prepared earlier than when something is needed will get you much farther. Plus you look stupid when you are the only one in the room who looks new simply because you didn't prepare as much as everyone else.

Don't wanna scare you or anything but just keep the being prepared thing in mind. Don't depend on miracles and chances, you gotta work for things. Life doesn't fall in your lap like it did in earlier years.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I am trying to prepare, but all of the things that I have to do is confusing to find out about colleges. I will graduate when I am 17 though, so I can't move out for a few months.

• Brohoof 1

I'm afraid of being a senior because I am terrified that I am about to live on my own, pay my own bills, and somehow try to get into college. THIS GUY DOSEN'T WANNA GROW UP :(

I didn't want to either, when I was a kid. I remember I used to wish that I could hit 17, then magically revert to 14 and go through it all again. I loved high school. Had good grades, great friends, even a part time job, so I had lots of cash too. It was just a wonderful time in my life. Those were also the years that I learned to fly, as well as drive. And that was when the original Halo came out too. Oh man the Xbox parties we used to have. I never wanted it to end...

But life goes on, whether you want it to or not. And I found that growing up isn't such a bad thing. I've got my own place, my own car, a very nice job, and plenty of time and money to sink into games, and ponies. ;) All I need to complete it now is to start a family of my own. But again, all things in their time. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well it is not like I am petrified or anything, but I am enjoying my sophmore year...somewhat. But I still have friends, no worries, and get to play xbox and be on my computer all I want. I just am scared to be on my own xD

• Brohoof 1

I graduated at 17 myself. It's a bit nerve wracking when you're looking forward, but once you actually get into the groove of things you realize it isn't all that bad.

As much as I miss high school (and I do - I had a hell of a time), I think I prefer the world of gainful employment. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, but I am going to miss being a kid. I can do whatever I want, whenever i want. When I am an adult, I am going to have ALOT of responsibilities (which is why I can't wait to be 16 to get in the groove of working).

• Brohoof 1

Until recently I didn't wanna stop doing what I wanted, when I wanted. It took me until I was almost 21 to start bucking up and try to get my life together and somewhat planned out. I still live with my mom, and have no problem with that mind you, and I'm not afraid to admit that I do need her help and support until I'm ready to be on my own which could be anywhere between five or even ten years from now.

Good thing my mom doesn't hate me. lmao

As a kid and teenager a lot of things are handed to you or done for you by adults, it's not until you get into the real world that you realize how awesome it is to have your own things that you don't have to share, to have a right to privacy since you no longer have a parent or sibling breathing down your neck when you do things.

It's scary to think about being independent, but the freedom is well worth crossing that line of "fear of what is to come" and "It's here"

Once the line is crossed, you may very well feel like an entirely different individual.

I'm totally different than I was just six months ago, and it's all thanks to the new thinking and attitude I have on the future of my life. It helps when you know what you wanna do the rest of your life but until then always know you have family and friends to support you.

Even a bad friend is a friend so don't be afraid to confide on even them in times of need.

• Brohoof 1

It's really not that bad. You do just as much of what you want as an adult, minus the 40 or so hours you have to work.

Then again, my hobbies are fairly cheap, other than the beer.

• Brohoof 1

That's true, having someone take care of you is great. Usually, that's why we get girlfriends.

Note: Not being sexist, I just mean that having someone else who cares for you who's willing to take care of you besides your mother is good. You also need to take care of them back though, can't be totally one-sided.

• Brohoof 1

My last GF was the opposite for me. I suck at taking care of myself so she always did, she still does to this day actually so it's probably because she likes to take care of others rather than because it was me. LOL

No current girlfriend though and unless I move out I probably won't have one ever again. But having to go to college and everything...that's highly unlikely to happen.

My life will be lonely. :(

Oh well, good thing I have no problem with being alone. :P

• Brohoof 1

It baffles me that people don't learn to cook. You can't afford to eat out every day, ponies. It's a skill you're going to want to have.

As for girlfriends, it's kind of a mixed bag between caring for and being cared for, for me.

Will Smith: Hey, better to have loved and lost than never loved at all. :D! *fixed*

K: ...Try it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I know I need to learn how to cook. I've been (slowly) working on building up my skills. Started on eggs, probably work on those a bit more and then move up to something more elaborate like maybe Shake'n'Bake chicken or pork chops. (Shake'n'Bake beats 99% of any kind of seasoning or cooking method)

As much as I will always love McDonalds it's too expensive to eat it every day even though I do order only from the dollar menu.

Five to six bucks a day would add up to quite a lot, I've learned that the hard way. Overdrawn bank accounts ftl.

• Brohoof 1