Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

2 minutes ago, Olly said:

You could download more RAM

I want to play along with the joke, but I'm just so frustrated that I just can't.

Plus, whatever it is that the Bamboo Ink stylus needs, my laptop lacks, so it's useless for what I was gonna go for. Either I shell out $1000 for a more capable laptop or I jerry-rig a different stylus and wear a non-capacitive glove at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Please, that's not gonna help me, and no amount of RAM would make my laptop work with the stylus. I'm better off with a new laptop.

don't know how long you've had yours, but I wouldn't be able to replace mine. too much money

Just now, Olly said:

don't know how long you've had yours, but I wouldn't be able to replace mine. too much money

Two months, I guess. I bought it as a backup when my main computer was already having GPU problems. I was striving for something more capable, but there were literally no other good options available; all the good laptops were taken already.

See, this is what happens when you have a stack of problems, and I can say it's a stack, like the data structure, because that's what I have: problems on top of other problems: first, my teeth, then the graphics card, then the laptop, then the only remaining graphics card I have left, then my graduation date, then class availability, then the stylus-- does it ever end?!

For a general chat thread, it's turned into a major chat thread.  I even noticed some private threads commandering some interesting topics.  Quite admiral I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Mortar said:

For a general chat thread, it's turned into a major chat thread.  I even noticed some private threads commandering some interesting topics.  Quite admiral I'd say.

I oughta slap you for that wordplay...

14 hours ago, Mortar said:

How come I didn't notice what you did at first?

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Psst... is switching to a GTX 1070 overkill? (All I know is that you have a 1060.)

I mean, I don't see why not have a 1070, just consider it an investment.

1 minute ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I mean, I don't see why not have a 1070, just consider it an investment.

Put yourself in my position. If you had a GTX 560ti and it died, would it make sense to replace it with an RX 560?

I also showed some MTG cards generated by a neural network to my brother and he had the same conclusion you had about the Hearthstone cards I showed you: overpowered and nonsensical. I don't play enough games so I wouldn't be able to gauge these things...

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Put yourself in my position. If you had a GTX 560ti and it died, would it make sense to replace it with an RX 560?

I also showed some MTG cards generated by a neural network to my brother and he had the same conclusion you had about the Hearthstone cards I showed you: overpowered and nonsensical. I don't play enough games so I wouldn't be able to gauge these things...

I'm going to be honest, I don't know the difference between brands. I didn't choose the 1060.

They were mostly nonsensical.