Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

5 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

McDonalds, or as some call it, Mickey Deez Nutz

Well I hope that's going well then.

4 hours ago, Bas said:

Damn, I wanted to get some groceries today but my calf hurts.

Oof. My knees have been starting to hurt from sitting and studying all day each day.

Been watching a lot of YuGiOh videos lately, and they’ve made me hate the card game in its new state. 

What i mean is, back then, the game was just summon one monster at a time, maybe set a few Spells or Traps. Turn by turn, summon one monster. Days when “Special Summons” were really “SPECIAL”.

These days, if your field isnt full on your first turn, you’re officially not playing the game correctly. Also, every player has ways to beat you in one turn before you can even blink. It’s aggravating. My brain cannot think that fast. It’s not fair. YuGiOh isnt fun anymore. 

I remember playing Yu-Gi-Oh a very long time ago. The last time I played the game was around when the 5D's anime and Synchro Summon was the mechanic. I always loved watching the anime, but I stopped around when they started introducing Zexal and XYZ summons. I watch some videos from time to time, but I'm not as into the game as I used to be. I remember playing a Dark Magician girl deck back when they released Yugi's cards from the Dark Side of Dimensions movie. The deck was fun, but I wasn't into the Link summon mechanic. It just felt confusing as I wasn't the best when it came to combo plays. The Rush Duel mechanic looks somewhat interesting as it reminds me a bit of the Duel Links mobile game. I might give the game another try, but I'm not entirely sure.

I do love the video games like Duelist of the Roses, Forbidden Memories and The Sacred cards to name a few. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I remember playing Yu-Gi-Oh a very long time ago. The last time I played the game was around when the 5D's anime and Synchro Summon was the mechanic. I always loved watching the anime, but I stopped around when they started introducing Zexal and XYZ summons. I watch some videos from time to time, but I'm not as into the game as I used to be. I remember playing a Dark Magician girl deck back when they released Yugi's cards from the Dark Side of Dimensions movie. The deck was fun, but I wasn't into the Link summon mechanic. It just felt confusing as I wasn't the best when it came to combo plays. The Rush Duel mechanic looks somewhat interesting as it reminds me a bit of the Duel Links mobile game. I might give the game another try, but I'm not entirely sure.

I do love the video games like Duelist of the Roses, Forbidden Memories and The Sacred cards to name a few. 

Forbidden Memories was a mess haha! I liked its weirdness though! I played all of the GBA games released in America, DDS on GBC (also weird), one on Xbox and one of the DS ones. Nightmare Troubadour I think?

I lost interest in the series at GX. Couldn't connect with the new characters. ZEXAL briefly had my interest cos I thought one of the characters was cute but it didn't last

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Pastel Heart said:

Forbidden Memories was a mess haha! I liked its weirdness though! I played all of the GBA games released in America, DDS on GBC (also weird), one on Xbox and one of the DS ones. Nightmare Troubadour I think?

I lost interest in the series at GX. Couldn't connect with the new characters. ZEXAL briefly had my interest cos I thought one of the characters was cute but it didn't last

You can say that again haha! I could never figure out the odd fusion mechanic, but I loved using Meteor B. Dragon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Dark Magician in a deck. I remember only playing The Sacred Cards and one other game, but I don't remember the game on the GBA. I remember Nightmare Troubadour! I recall watching a full play through of it by the YouTube Channel, Shady Penguin. I don't recall a Yugioh game on the Xbox. Unless it was the Legacy of the Duelist.

I remember playing Spirit Caller from the GX series and some of the World Championship games. I could connect with some of the characters in GX as I always wanted to go to a school that taught how to play card games. :catface: I remember I stopped watching around the last few episodes before the end of Zexal's first season.

• Brohoof 1

I used to collect YGO cards when I was real young but I never ended up playing it until a few years ago. But yeah, the new stuff is super complex, but that happens with most trading card games. Power creep can be a pain, but they gotta make money somehow I suppose. The show was fun to watch though, never watched it as a kid but I found it entertaining for how silly it was. Got bored at some point and just ended up watching the abridged series, which is also very entertaining.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:46 AM, Retro*Derpy said:

I was going down memory lane (typical 3am shenanigans) and seeing some of these old posts/members is kinda crazy now. I feel like a site boomer at this point, despite not posting much. I know most people probably flocked over to the discord, but is there any one still following? Just curious.

It was big before we went back to using an instant messenger :muffins:

Yes, hello, fellow chat boomer. Welcome back to our poor, poor chat thread lmfao.

I actually still follow the thread, but like...it's legit nothing going on anymore and no one really tries to even put forth a simple effort so hey, even I've just about forgotten about this place. Sad to be able to say that, really.

58 minutes ago, Haven Celestii said:

Yes, hello, fellow chat boomer. Welcome back to our poor, poor chat thread lmfao.

I actually still follow the thread, but like...it's legit nothing going on anymore and no one really tries to even put forth a simple effort so hey, even I've just about forgotten about this place. Sad to be able to say that, really.

I still follow the thread too, but I've become very busy as of late now that I'm in college and have like, a life now. I pretty much entirely stepped away from anything MLP-related altogether until pretty recently. With the whole quarantine thing I was just reflecting on stuff and saw the same old forum notifications popping up in my emails and thought I'd take a peek back. But yeah, pretty slow in this old thread now but people move on and things change I guess.

5 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I still follow the thread too, but I've become very busy as of late now that I'm in college and have like, a life now. I pretty much entirely stepped away from anything MLP-related altogether until pretty recently. With the whole quarantine thing I was just reflecting on stuff and saw the same old forum notifications popping up in my emails and thought I'd take a peek back. But yeah, pretty slow in this old thread now but people move on and things change I guess.

Well, hello there, Punic. 

Yeah, I still dabble in pony from time to time, but its just about dead for me as well. I've wanted to get back into a bit of smaller communities for it to see if I could get anything to stick, but man, that just sounds like so much extra work to keep something alive. I'm also terribly bad at making friends still and bleh. More active groups would be nice in this lockdown though.

Stuff changes with time, yeah. Sad to see it all go, tbh. Though, I prolly wouldn't be as sad if it had a decent little bang instead of the whimper, but hey.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:53 AM, Haven Celestii said:

lol that's an oof from me chef. I'm in the discord if you ever wanted to catch up or whatever c: I'll probably just lurk this site for a bit longer.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 5/6/2020 at 2:20 AM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

@Haven Celestii 

Umm...

Nice, gzs.

I almost maxed. But, then I didn't cause I kept getting sucked into PVM.

Only 3 skills left, so wheee.

What all do you still have left to do in that silly old game?

Edited by Haven Celestii

7 hours ago, Haven Celestii said:

Nice, gzs.

I almost maxed. But, then I didn't cause I kept getting sucked into PVM.

Only 3 skills left, so wheee.

What all do you still have left to do in that silly old game?

Uhh I also got 99 fishing, cooking, mining, smithing, and div all within one week.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, China (100% NOT China) said:

Which games? :Daydreaming:

Started to watch some God eater, finally a better anime for a change!

WWF No Mercy, Mario Kart 64 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater, depending on my mood~

Last anime I watched was BNA! I loved it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 2:13 AM, Pastel Heart said:

Brand New Animal, it came out awhile ago, same studio as Kill la Kill :3 super aesthetic, great characters and story~

Trailer

Yeah it's pretty good innit bruv

-------

Still missin someone :c

Been a long time since I watched any anime, but so far every time Netflix shoves something in my face and half the internet seems to be raving about it the same week, I never regret trying it, so I'll probably look at BNA soon.

Turns out I vastly underestimated how much content EQD links to. I've only been trying to keep up with the music, art, comics and fic links for a little over a week, yet I've still got half of the Ignite album, three Bandcamp pages and one fic to work through. And that's before I can start on anyone's "best ever" lists with stuff like Fallout: Equestria, not to mention join a single chat room (I've only managed two forums so far).

d5b.gif

So far it's a good problem to have.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

It's been a long while since I've been to this site, but I would like to give something in return for the influence MLP has on my life.

On January, I have written and published my first book on Amazon, "Unicorn Farmhand". It is about an intelligent horse who loves to write messages to his owners, and after noticing that he writes in fluent sentences, they take him to sports and talent contests where he becomes famous. The horse, Dok Saau, also wants his owners to help him get rid of his recurring nightmares: the names of his abusers that hurt him when he was a foal.

This science fiction book was inspired by MLP:FiM, the Cantonese TV dramas that I used to watch when I was younger, and cliches about horses and unicorns. I hope you could support me by buying a copy for yourself, if there are any fellow readers and artists out there!

If not, you can ask me for a free copy by messaging me at jfyaw1996@gmail.com.

Cov3.png

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar