Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums is going to BronyCon!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

BronyCon Logo.png

You may have noticed the little BronyCon banner that went up on the front page. img-1343674-1-wink.png Its placement is no accident.

Today, I'm proud to announce that MLP Forums has been invited to BronyCon!

For those of you not in the loop, BronyCon is the world's largest brony convention (hence, the name). After four successful events in New York, it has moved to Baltimore for the summer of 2013, where the con will be held at its largest venue yet.

We've been approached by the BronyCon team with an opportunity to get on stage and show the world what the biggest forum on the ponynet is all about. To say that we're excited for this opportunity is an understatement - with a panel, booth, and over ten staff members in attendance, we'll have a lot to show.

Those of you who were with us to celebrate our first anniversary as a forum community may recall the mission statement I posted:

• To continue holding the forum community and our members to the highest standards, ensuring a friendly place you can always feel safe visiting, no matter how large it grows.
  • To continue encouraging and nurturing our community to produce content of a high quality, leaving behind interesting and diverse discussions for everyone to enjoy.
  • To begin building out an integrated, unified community of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fans that transcends a single Internet forum.

Many members have contacted me and the other forum staff to express their thanks for upholding the first two of those goals. Each has had a touching story to tell about how they found MLP Forums, settled into the community, and found new places to hang out in, conversations to chat in, and people to bond with.

But as our third goal shows, MLP Forums is only the beginning. Those of you who have been following Pony.fm will be aware that every MLP Forums account doubles as a Pony.fm account. Go ahead - try logging in over there and looking around.

This August, at BronyCon, we will present six full-scale projects, each serving a specific need in the fandom. Created by bronies, for bronies, all of these projects and more will be part of an integrated "supercommunity"...

Welcome to Poniverse.

I'm thrilled to finally announce what our internal teams been working on largely in secret for the past few months. Poniverse is the name of the network that will unite MLP Forums, Pony.fm, and every future pony project we make, and it will take the community you already know and love to the next level.

More information on what exactly Poniverse is and what it means for MLP Forums moving forward will be released in the next four months leading up to BronyCon. Poniverse will bring bronies together in unprecedented new ways, and will truly be something the whole fandom can enjoy.

We have a fundraiser and several contests in the pipeline to make our BronyCon presence 20% cooler than Rainbow Dash's acrobatics, and something the community itself can play a major role in. MLP Forums couldn't have made it this far without your support, and it's amazing that you've made Poniverse possible at all.

I look forward to meeting you there. img-1343674-2-wink.png
  • Brohoof 94

And here I was, thinking I wouldn't have any need to return to the East coast any time soon --- how wrong I was. smile.png

I look forward to meeting all of you that plan on attending, and will allow people to rub my head - just once -  for the low cost of five dollars.

• Brohoof 21

Oh boy. All the bronies will join the forum, and learn of my great no-life qualities as top poster.

I'm so excited.

In all seriousness, this is huge. I remember when this forum was just a wee baby with Kurtiss and you. It sure has been a long ass run Feld0.

Proud of you, and the whole forum.

• Brohoof 18

This will be a lot of fun to partake in :)

Looking forward to what this might give to the Brony community as a whole and especially MLP Forums.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

THANK GOD THIS HAS FINALLY BEEN ANNOUNCED, 

I was already excited for bronycon but when I found out MLP Forums/Poniverse would be going I almost exploded with excitement,

Hope to see you guys at the con smile.png

I look forward to meeting all of you that plan on attending, and will allow people to rub my head - just once

oh god why? 

Edited by Marco ~ Ace Attorney

(edited)

I'll give $50 to anyone from the staff who wears a "Doctor XFizzle is my pony doctor" shirt. I'm serious. (Limit 1 person >_>)

That is super awesome news! I'm excited for you guys and for the site.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 2

Man this makes me hate the fact I'm not going to bronycon even more. :/ oh well

Y'all totally deserve it though, you have creates a great place for a great community and all of the staff have done their part to keep it together. So thank y'all for the amazing job :)

Have fun at bronycon! :)

Also poniverse sounds awesome, I can't wait to hear more specifically about it.

You guys are all amazing, I'd say you achived your goals most certainly because these are the best forms I've ever been apart of!

• Brohoof 2

I was debating in my head whether or not I should go...

But now I have to.

Holy crap, this is awesome news and I'm so freaking glad you guys have been invited to Bronycon. I absolutely need to go now to show my support this. And because Bronycon is awesome in general, but still.

This Poniverse idea sounds very intriguing and I can't wait to learn more about it!

And finally, I'm sorry you can't go, Zygen, I know your pain because I've wanted to go to conventions before but couldn't.

• Brohoof 6

Sounds awesome! :D I'm just sad I wasn't around back in 2011 when things got started here. sad.png I would have loved to have seen this place change and grow! It seems like I just joined the place. Time sure does fly. :)

Ah, so you finally spilled the beans. Poniverse, hm? I can't wait to see what comes of all this. MLP Forums and all of the Feld0 Network , as well as Poniverse, are sure to keep on growing.

Too bad I won't be able to go to BronyCon. :P

• Brohoof 1

oh god why? 

Because quite frankly, I plan on spending enough money at the convention that I'll need every extra cent I can get my hands on.

Though, that said...

I'll give $50 to anyone from the staff who wears a "Doctor XFizzle is my pony doctor" shirt. I'm serious.

I don't know that I'll be quite that desperate, though. wink.png

• Brohoof 3

Good to see it finally revealed, it's going to be great for the community. Glad to hear that you're still planning to represent the community at bronycon 2013, it might be necessary to promote the big scale projects after all.

While i may not be there and participating, i hope for the best of luck and an awesome experience along the way. :)

• Brohoof 1

Oh god now I wish I could attend <_<

But I hereby make this promise...Next time it is feasibly possible for me to go, You will see me there, I promise that to everypony ^_^

I could drone on about this being a surprise and such...but thats a complete lie, the moment I found this community/forum from browsing the internet for a new place to hang, I knew I was in love (so to speak xD)

So congratulations Feld0 and the entire team ^_^

you have all done a great job :)

And I look forward to the future of the site, and I can promise you I'll be around till the end ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Because quite frankly, I plan on spending enough money at the convention that I'll need every extra cent I can get my hands on.  

mm, as much fun as...rubbing your head.... sounds, I don't know if people would pay money for it, now if we could slap it, that would be bucking awesome...

...strike all this from the record 

I'm going too! Coming from the great north region above, and very excited about this trip. Well....except it being very costly but it doesn't matter because....

Free ramen on Zooooop!

• Brohoof 8

Aw, of all the times to live on the west coast with no way to make the 2,000+ mile jump...oh well. This is still really awesome! Congrats, Forums. You've (once again) shown me that you are a worthwhile distraction from my work.

Also, this Poniverse has me interested. 

It has been agony not being able to talk about all the super cool poniverse stuff that's in the works. Good to know that more information will be made public :)

As for me attending the con... it's up in the air, but most likely a no :(

• Brohoof 1

Aw sweet! The "Poniverse" sounds like an amazing idea and I will be attending BronyCon and I can't wait to see the staff members there!

and will allow people to rub my head - just once -  for the low cost of five dollars.

I'm bringing the fivers!
  • Brohoof 3

Good luck and have fun there you guys!! Wish I could go, seeing as it's only a 3 hour drive from me, but alas, not this day(year)!! Maybe in the future... Hopefully.

Ponyverse? I knew something like that would exist someday! And now it's under construction! Woo hoo~

I wish I could attend and meet you guys, but I live in Asia and I will start working on August, so I'm afraid I can't attend. Maybe next year I will. I will make something great for the fandom first before I go. Guess what is it could be. :lol:

And here I was, thinking I wouldn't have any need to return to the East coast any time soon --- how wrong I was. img-1343676-1-smile.png

I look forward to meeting all of you that plan on attending, and will allow people to rub my head - just once -  for the low cost of five dollars.

I stories I've head about the legendary head... It had the powers to petrify gorgons by the sheer gleam of sunlight reflected off the head. And I heard the user of the bald head is a good break dancer, and does head spins with such elegance.

You remember that. I'm an opportunist and I will never pass such a rare occasion to pat/rub this legendary head. 

• Brohoof 3

I should get some artwork pieces commissioned to celebrate this wonderful occasion :D

Then get it printed on canvas, then put it up for Auction to celebrate this wondrous occasion

All proceeds go to Site....

Thats if I get permission to do it...

• Brohoof 2

Finally, some insight into just what is hidden deep within MLPf. A shame we have to wait until August. I'm really interested in just what these projects involve, and just what it entails. I may need to pay a visit to BronyCon, just to see what all this is about.

I do wonder if it is solely of MLPf origins, or if the projects are being worked on by a large community, spanning several groups and websites.

It's all very interesting.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm very tempted to go to one of these! It would be my first ever convention i think. 

The date is also convenient for me as it's on right after my birthday but i'd have to fly from Ireland to the US I think it would be worth it though smile.png.

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

I am so happy for you guys. You did such a great job of creating this forum, and I am so happy I found this place. This is seriously one of the nicest communities with the most awesomest people who I have ever met. You worked long and hard to get where you are, and I just want all the staffers to know, how awesome they have made this forum. Without you, there would be no MLP forums, so I just wanna say Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I really wish I could have been there, New Jersey isn't even that far away from Baltimore. But, unfortunately I can not. I am planning a Portland Oregon/LA trip in August and unfortunately I only have enough money for one big trip (Barely)

• Brohoof 2