Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you bring with you to Equestria?

Silverhoof

Lets say you come down with pony-itis. Its a condition where you change into a pony (you choose which) and three days later teleport across dimensional barriers into Equestria.

The clinic will do whatever it can to help you survive. They will give you whatever you want, and strap it to your body just before you teleport. But they don't have time to custom make pony specific things. Only human items off the shelf. You have a pair of saddle bags, and whatever you can bundle/strap onto yourself.

Things like gold coins or nuggets are out. No currency except as a keep sake. No expensive military hardware. Think whatever a civilian could access. Armor is out, as its a custom made thing.

You have no choice but to leave Earth behind...What will you take with you?

I'll publish what I would take in a bit. I don't want to influence anyone.

A scientific calculator and pictures of friends 'n family to remember them. And maybe a map of Earth, because I suck at geography and I don't want to have to explain anything about that to the ponies. With my knowledge they'd think Russia is...

man I suck at geography.

And I'd bring the calculator because I'm not sure if they have calculators in Equestria. I'd hang out with Twilight allllll day studying math :3

Definitely my laptop, even without internet I have quite a bit of information on it that the ponies of Equestria (especially Lyra, Twilight, and maybe even the Princesses) would like/love to learn about. Possibly bring a scrapbook of photos, both of family and photos of places. 

Not too sure what else atm :|

• Brohoof 1

My laptop, my iPod, just in case a picture of my family maybe. Maybe a map of earth to explain it to ponies maybe?

Ummm maybe some snacks? Probably some fruits or maybe other pony related food items ;p. and a bottle of water or something maybe. In case I get stranded. Maybe a pair of clothes or a Jacket in case it's cold and or i just am not comfortable naked at first in the pony world.

Maybe I'd need to pack a little lighter xD I wonder if all that fits in a saddle bag.

Laptop, Windows XP Professional CD, iPod, internet, phone, clothes, printer, tea, jugs of water, globe, paper, pencils, pens, journal, towel, clock, cologne, and deodorant

My laptop'd probably be useless without power, but I'd bring that anyway. I guess any other electronics would just die eventually. I'd probably grab a bunch of books, maybe some paper and pencils to draw with (Then again, how would I draw without hands, heh). Honestly, I'm not a very material driven person. I'd be able to get most of what I'd need in Equetria ^^

(edited)

iPhone, headphones, Wifi, unlimited data for my phone (so I can always listen to songs on youtube and talk to you guys) and I am getting a tattoo of a hockey stick on my butt for a cutie mark. Meet you guys in Equestria.

Edited by AppleJack20

I probably wouldn't bring anything. If I were to become a pony and travel to Equestria, I would like to start my new life fresh, without the aid of anything from the real world.

Besides, there's a chance Equestria might also have it, if they have discovered technology yet.

(edited)

Solar power generator panels.

Rechargable batteries.

A hyper-low power computer, with several thumb drives and an external low power CD.

Tons of music on said drives and other information. [music is the most important tie back to here and it would be potentially really salable]

A faraday cage to put them in for the journey.

a flashlight

A devoted low power music player that could read off a thumb drive.

A diary of my life and important information including my truename in case I suffered any kind of amnesia.

Velcro Hoof braces with pockets and stylus (and yes that sort of thing does exist)

Cartridge based refillable pens.

Several rare earth magnets (obviously not near any of the media)

Edited by silvadel

(edited)

A map of earth and equestria,

a foto of my family,

a few of my favourite things to eat,

my favorite books,

a calculator,

a compass,

"earth-sweets" for Pinkie,

my mobile phone with all my favoutite songs on it and

a solar generator!

Edited by RollingPony

(edited)

My Laptop

A combat knife, specifically this one:

united-cutlery-2671-marine-force-night-sSome Kevlar to craft my own vest out of.

A handheld crank generator.

a flashlight.

This:

double_barrel_coach_gun-4e9dd99-intro.jp

And this:

m29_101.jpg

With some ammo. Assuming I'm a unicorn, all of these things would still be useful.

I would use my superior technology to take over Equestria and declare myself supreme-ruler.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I'd take my clothes, maybe i'll steal a laptop, Gameboy Advance, video games, IPod, a photo of my family and friends, WiFi, drawing pad, pencil, sharpie, and coloured pencils.

Oh, yeah, I do come from america, but I spell colour colour. Everyone tells me to spell it color, but I like it 'colour' better.

If I'm actually turned into a pony before hand (so I'm sure it happened), I would mainly bring a mix of seeds & bulbs in addition to any horse-stuff that I have that actually fits. It's unlikely any of the horse-stuff I have *would* fit, though, if fanon guesses as to how big ponies actually are, are accurate. All the stuff I have is geared to warmblood horses, which will be too big.

I'd have to grab the hatchets, files, and wetstones, from the shed. I'm not sure exactly *how* those tools are being used by ponies, but since a proper axe is seen in show, I'd have them to use alternately as weapons or tools depending. Oh, and a bowie knife, just in case.

And finally a couple of my waterskins, and some food just in case I'm dropped into the middle of Everfree or something silly.

I'm not going to bother with any modern tech or weapons, as it is unlikely any of it will work properly.

(edited)

My phone, and of course the charge tongue.png I'd also take a map of the world, and a history book. Twilight would love to study our world happy.png

Hmm, and maybe a few books.

Um, maybe some candy for Pinkie Pie, a sample of apples from earth to Applejack, small model of a jet and show it to Rainbow Dash, an animal book for Fluttershy, and probably some fashionable clothes to Rarity :P Bring stuff to all the mane 6, why the heck not.

Edited by Twily

Well, I wouldn't take much. If I went to Equestria, I wouldn't need a laptop to amuse myself. Nor tools, nor weapons. But I would take pictures of my family, even of myself, to remember who I was once. Besides those pictures, I would take knowledge. Thick books of history, culture, science...

(edited)

I'm genuinely surprised at how many electronic devices are listed here! blink.png  You'd have to guarantee that you had AC power, with the correct voltage, amp ratings, plug type...and a different dimension, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to connect to the servers that govern the Earth's internet data. Even if there was the correct power type and the presence of the "Internet", your wireless connections would have to be on the 802.11a/b/g/n bandwidth, or else your electronic device wouldn't even recognize it. happy.png

Assuming I'm not turning into a pony upon contact (and assuming that I'm not going to be immediately dropped into civilization and be pampered by ponies), I'd probably bring:

• Smith and Wesson Border Guard knife.
  • Feit Electric 500 lumen flashlight.
  • SpiderWire (fishing line that's almost five times thinner as regular fishing line, but with equal strength.)
  • Magnesium/flint bar.

I guess survival stuff in general, since I'm planning for the worst case scenario of being dropped in the middle of the badlands. tongue.png

Edited by CloudFyre

• 8 years later...

I would bring all of my books for Twilight to read (assuming she can understand English) and all of the movies I own so I can play them at a movie theater. I would also bring my fossil collection for Maud and Twilight to see and my music collection so everyone would know what human music sounds like.