Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sight

Lost

So...

My vision seems to be getting noticeably worse rather quickly, I am short sighted, the vision in my right eye is worse than my left due to getting the chemicals from a glow stick in it, despite my poor vision, I find it rather easy to see in low light situations, such as times when I'm out at night and there is only moonlight.

So, how good is everypony's sight? how well can you see at night?

(edited)

I've only been diagnosed as near-sighted in one eye, however I consider myself to be far-sighted in the other. I have glasses, but I never wear them. However, my mom says I need to once I start driving v.v (Which'll be at the end of the month :D )

Edited by Betez

So...

My vision seems to be getting noticeably worse rather quickly, I am short sighted, the vision in my right eye is worse than my left due to getting the chemicals from a glow stick in it, despite my poor vision, I find it rather easy to see in low light situations, such as times when I'm out at night and there is only moonlight.

So, how good is everypony's sight? how well can you see at night?

Well first I'm sorry about your vision. I will pray for you tonight.

My vision is good at night, I can see pretty well in the right moonlight.

/)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My vision is alright, it could be better. I've been wearing glasses for about 5 years now for a minor case of short sightedness. I couldn't be bothered to use contact lenses, plus my eyes are really sensitive to the wind now.

As for seeing in the dark, I think I do rather well. When I work the rare night shift, I can see everything pretty clearly.

Edited by Celtore

I've only been diagnosed as near-sighted in one eye, however I consider myself to be far-sighted in the other. I have glasses, but I never wear them. However, my mom says I need to once I start driving v.v (Which'll be at the end of the month :D )

I wear my glasses when I ride my motorbike... Although I didn't wear them when I took my test, the vision test they administered was to make us read a car's number plate... The same one, so I memorised what the other two people said an repeated it back :P

You should wear them though, your vision will get worse if you don't wear glasses when you need to, or so I'm told by my optician.

(edited)

My nearsightedness is terrible. I can't even read those big letters on the top of the eye charts the doctor has you read without my glasses. I am practicably blind without my glasses.

The funny part is, my vision used to be 20/20. Perfect. Now it's somewhere around 20/150, it's bad. ;_____;

Edited by Commander Urdnot

I've had laser eye surgery so that I can wear normal glasses to see.

Yep, that's how bad my eyesight was. When I went in for the consultation about 12 years ago, the doctors were unsure they were going to be able to help me at all. I could *see* with glasses, but I had some pretty major defects. Due to severe astigmatism, I couldn't see in 3D, all my knowledge of distance was through estimation of relative sizes.

Basically everything I saw was so warped that my brain was ignoring most of the signal from my eyes. I actually participated in a special study when I was in University that was examining how quickly people adapted to distortions in vision. I couldn't tell the difference between what I saw normally and the distorted view through the prism glasses.

So, once the procedure became available I went and has the surgery. They were able to remove the astigmatism, but there wasn't enough 'room' to also fix the short-sightedness in a permanent way. At first I could go without glasses, but over the years it has regressed and I'm back to wearing glasses again. However! I can now see in 3D! Scared the hell out of me for the first little bit, because I had *no* idea what I was looking at.

• Brohoof 1

I am far sighted and i too often find it easier to see and read things at night. I wear glasses only for reading. I was one of those kids that always sat too close to the tv ignoring my parents warnings. I find that if im on the computer too long i get light headed once i stand up.

I'm nearsighted, and each year it gets worst, but lucky for me the doctor said it is going extremely slowly. Though I can see better than most while in the dark, which is strange. Been wearing glasses for about 10 years now.

(edited)

My vision has recently become pretty poor when trying to focus on object far away. It's most likely because of the extended periods of time i sit at my computer and I've recently started reading which i don't think helps. I'm thinking about getting glasses but from what I've heard that only makes your vision worse when you don't wear them. Why can't i just stay 20/20

blush.png

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

I've always had poor vision. I suffer from a rare condition and have a nystagmus. it causes my eyes to shift rapidly in one direction and proceed to move slowly back to the original position. the effects are not noticeable with two eyes, but once I cover one of my eyes. everything goes wrong. The nystagmus becomes so bad that my entire vision becomes one blurry mess.

This creates a whole slew of problems. You see, normal people can have each of their eyes measured separately, in order to get a correct gauge of their sight. I cannot afford that luxury, My eyes are unmeasurable. It's literally a case of the sum of each of my eyes is nothing compared to my eyes together. So my glasses can't even be properly adjusted to suit my needs, ever.

On top of all this, my eyes have developed a resting position that is not straight ahead, I've been told that at times I have a lazy eye. While in fact that is just resting position. I pretty much have to exert some force to look straight ahead, but when I'm tired, No can do.

Now lastly, the crooked resting position cannot be fixed as it could make the nystagmus worse, and there is no solution to fix the nystagmus.

Now think of how shitty my eyesight is when you lament having you possibly wear glasses or just get some laser eye surgery. Things I can never have.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm nearsighted. One of my eyes also sees significantly worse than the other, and I'm a little worried because the eye doctor said the change was significant between my most recent visit and the one prior. I actually don't notice if I close it; I just lose a little peripheral.

Edited by Cilantro

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I hate to admit it to myself, much less others, my eyesight isn't what it used to be. My vision was 20/10 up until about a year ago. Don't know what it is these days, but I can tell that over the course of the past year it has degraded slightly. Text that's far away is blurry. So far that's the only indication I can think of to indicate degradation, so things aren't bad. Certainly not to the point that I need anything to correct my vision. Maybe I should see an optometrist for an examination before things get any worse, just so I'll have a concrete point of reference to go by.

My nighttime vision is at least as acute as my day vision. No special issues there.

My vision is somewhere around 20/70 distance and 20/25 near.  It's correctable to 20/20, so it has little effect on my life.  Every year I have to get it retested (for work) including depth perception, color vision and a dozen other criteria.  They'll pay for LASIK or PRK if I feel like getting it, but I'm not in any particular hurry to get the procedure done.

I'm near-sighted at -3.50 if that means anything.  It's pretty bad, but I'm not sure what the ratio is. I've been wearing correctional lenses since, I think, I was about 11 or 12. 

As far as I know, my vision is standard. It's been at least 4 years since I've taken any kind of visual test though, so maybe things have changed a bit, but too slightly for me to notice. 

Oh, and I have right eye dominance img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png.

My vision is okay, but i have lack of focus!

When i read long sentence, i get distracted between sentences.
Not because i have bad vision, i'm kind of guy who would get distracted easily! :(

I am far sighted, which means I can't see up close, if I don't have my glasses on my depth perception is crap and i will get headaches and nausea when trying to read.

I don't see well at night at all, I hate driving at night because of.it, particularly at dusk. I have to really strain

I have very good night-vision and rather poor high-light vision. I hate the sun as a result. *laughs*

I am far-sighted, but it's not a big deal for me. :3

I'm pretty sure I came out of the womb with glasses. I know I was born horrendously cross-eyed, which the doctor fixed so well that I was the opposite of being cross-eyed for ~12 years until I got surgery again and one of them likes to drift up now. The blood in my eye after the surgery made for quite the conversation piece when I went back to school. I also have an astigmatism making both of my eyes have different prescriptions of which I have no idea. When I got my current spectacles, the doctor told me that the best vision I could ever ascertain is 20/30.

TL:DR Certainly not the worst, but bad enough to make others with glasses tell me my eyes do in fact suck when they wear mine.

• Brohoof 1

Well I used to be blind.

I got surgery though, I now have lovely green eyes :) I had a chance to get purple eyes (actual purple) but they were too expensive. I now wear glasses and can't see much without them. I see better in the night than in the day, especially in the moonlit; Things that are moonlit are quite vibrant for me ;)

From what i've heard and know, i've perfect vision. I can't remember the scale but it's certainly below 20/20. Although i have good vision, i'm very light sensitive, i need sunglasses during intense sunlight or i'll suffer from dizziness and headache.

it's inevitable that our eyes will degrade over the years but the question is how long before it actually happens. From a family record, i should be fine but it's no guarantee after all.

Edited by Leafeon

I am near-sighted and thus require glasses (40/20 vision). I really wish I just didn't have to wear them and had normal vision but hey, what are you gonna do.

I'm badly nearsighted, but my girlfriend has far worse sight than I do.  (that explains why she's still going out with me! ba-dum-tsss!)  Also my dad is legally blind in his right eye.  So it could be a lot worse.  I am, however, a bit prone to ocular migraines, so I'm kinda curious if anyone else here gets those.

My eyesight has been getting noticeably worse actually, I work 9:30 to 6:30 monday to friday in very bright florescent lights which gives me headaches daily, not very pleasant. But now I notice when I read a book I find myself having to focus in on the words and find my self squinting allot when reading scripts at work etc.