Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sight

Lost

My eyesight is shit. I have an astigmatism on top of being near-sighted, and my night sight? My vision at night is TERRIBLE because of that. Might as well be blind lol

Although I'm excellent at finding my way through the dark, that's more to do with instinct than my sight. I'm actually short sighted and can't see off into the distance too well in regards to reading signs or spotting smaller details in the distance. I should actually be wearing glasses all the time. Which I would do if I had a pair that I liked. The current ones I have just make me look like a creepy mad scientist. :unamused:

• Brohoof 1

My eyesight isn't good, but it's serviceable in day to day life. Of course I need glasses to drive, but I can see decently enough without them to go on for now. :P Yes, I have them and I'm supposed to wear them, but I broke the frame like a f***ing ape of course.

I'm 20/45 in my left eye and 20/48 in my left eye last I checked.

Edited by Dustlicious2020

I've been required to wear glasses since I was five, due to my vision progressively getting weaker - my left eye was always weaker than the right. I have to wear my glasses all the time, otherwise everything is just a blur.

I think I'm overdue for new glasses tbh.  I'm short-sighted and sometimes I have a hard time seeing stuff at a distance especially with my glasses on.  I've had them for a few years now so I think I should consider getting new ones at some point...  As for seeing at night, I'm pretty good with it, just need to wait a few seconds before I can see again after turning off a light but beyond that I'm good(especially with making sure my cat isn't under-foot).

My eyesight is no good. I’m obviously not blind but I am near-sighted (can’t see well far away) and it’s bad. I need to wear my glasses to drive, watch television, etc. My eye doctor informed me that my optic nerves are differently sized, that being that one is bigger than the other. He told me that I don’t have to worry about it right now but may pose a problem in the future.

Never had any problems with my vision, pretty much been 20/20 my whole life. I suppose I'm lucky, since most others in my family have some kind of visual impairment and/or have to wear glasses. :dash:

My eyesight is okay, even at night because I’ve always been a night owl and it must have gotten used to it. I needed reading glasses for a while but overcame the need by practicing focusing my eyes acutely on details close up, then farther and farther away until I could focus clearly at any distance. Now I only use reading glasses once in a while when I draw or paint.  

I have really good eyesight, even at night. I use my night vision a lot since I'm an amateur astronomer. 

I can walk around the property at night without any flashlights.  :mlp_smile:

• 4 months later...

I had a good eyesight until 3 years ago, then I started noticing that with my right eye only I began to see distant objects a little blurry. It got worse and it is getting worse and now I occasionally wear glasses when I need to concentrate on distant objects (even though "distant" is becoming closer as times goes by).
The left eye is ok and until it can balance the poor sight of the right one I don't need to permanently wear glasses.
My oculist told me I am shortsighted.

My vision is terrible, and it seems to be getting a little bit worse as the years go by. :sealed: Everytime I go to get new glassses they have to be stronger than the last. 

I see pretty well, although both my parents have started wearing glasses so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be the exception to the rule! I figure it might be an unavoidable part of my life in the future, but if that's the case, I'll have fun picking out glasses!

My vision is not that bad, My left eye is 0.75, and the right is 0.5.
On the other hand, I am curious how many of you see flashing "clouds" when you close your eyes in dark, for example when you go to sleep. These "clouds" randomly appear, their contours are flashing and their shape are always changing, than they disappear.

I'm nearsighted. my eyes are -3.25 and -3.0. I can function around the house without glasses/contacts, but can't read clocks or stuff like that very good unless I'm only a few feet away. Luckily it's not that bad where I would be bashing into walls or something.:muffins:

I could drive in an emergency if I knew where I was going. My prescription has only gone down -0.25 in one eye since 2004 when I last got actual frame glasses. I'm 31 now. 

I wear contacts since 2006 and always have the optometrist write the prescription the same for both eyes even though one is 0.25 better. Night vision is fine and I can still read obnoxiously small stuff without a magnifying glass like watch batteries with or without my contacts in.