Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

" uggghhhh.... Things are coming to me in flashes... Insanity... Insanity... I keep hearing that name... And for whatever reason, it angers me.. It calls me and draws me to fight... But I'm resisting my baser instincts... I must find out why I have such animosity towards someone I don't even know...."

Terminan returned to his house. " ah good, you're awake. Kaz, I have something for you..." Terminan signaled for the griffon to follow him, and he did as such. He met him in his bedroom, and beheld a suit of armor bearing the family mark on the chest, a red claw with fire held in it, right on the chest piece. The armor itself was lighter than kazas's old armor, and would allow him flight in exchange for less protection. The armor itself was colored steel, and lacked shoulder pauldrons, upper arm guards, and a helmet. " go ahead and take it son. It's been yours for a very long time."

Kazas slowly donned the armor, and slung the nodachi over his shoulder and unto his back. " I don't remember much... But... It feels like I remember how to fight... Like I've had thousands of years of practice.... Yet I'm not even that old.."

Terminan spoke. " it is your fate that you deicide from here on out. Whether you become evil or the hero needed soon by the griffon empire, that is up to you."

With this, Kazas left his house with seer. He spotted a portal in the village. " what... Is that...?"

Seer sighed. "This is a portal to our destination." She looked into it. "This Insanity fellow is also known by most of us as Vaas. He's a misguided young fellow, and I fear his choices will get him destroyed." She shook her head and looked back. "But before we go into the portal... is there anything else you would like to know before we enter? Because once we enter, we might not be able to talk again for a while..."

The portal came out right at the edge of a clearing between the forest and the town. She looked at it closely, trying to divine its secrets. "Why did you turn to evil...?" she whispered to herself. She stood up and looked at the others. He had Raze, The Jester and White Darkness with her. "Alright guys... we need to kill this necromancer. Any plans on how to do it?"

"Burn down the gates and destroy everything in our path to get to it."

White Rose switched her gaze over to the Jester. "Can we do something a little more blunt?"

"Aww."

White Darkness spoke up. "Maybe one of us could sneak inside... you know, open the gates, lead him out into the open, all of that stuff."

"Possibly. You, Raze?"

(edited)

Raze thought about it for a bit, then made out his plan.

"No way can your plan happen, Cannonback. No destroying anything, not yet. And barging in there guns blazing is definitely a no-go. What we should really do is take it slow, try and make friendly with them. We'll go in there, act like we're just wanderers finding relief from the plague, and ask for a place to stay. They'll buy it, possibly, give us said place to stay, and then at night, we take 'im by surprise, capture the necromancer in his sleep, and get the hell out of there quickly before anyone notices we've left. It'll be a quick and easy catch, and no pony has to risk getting themselves injured. Then we hightail it back to Canterlot, deliver the S.O.B back to Celestia, and be done with it."

He paused for a bit, then continued. "At least that should be the plan... unless Vaas and his demon pal manage to get there before we do... and I don't think we have a lot of time to prepare for that. So we better hoof it, otherwise this whole plan goes to hell."

With that being said, Raze took a deep breath, and kept walking.

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~

" well then.... If this is indeed the last time we might be able to talk... I guess I'll need some basic information. Obviously, I knew you all before my memories were wiped clean... Tell me, what kind of griffon was I before this... Apparent change? Was I good? Or was I a monster? And why do I feel so much energy surging through me constantly? And am I in good standings with the group we have journeyed with, or do they absolutely hate me for anything I did before I became what i am today? I'm so confused... It felt like I was just born.... And yet, I have fragmented memories. What exactly happened to me?"

The griffon walked slowly to the portal, and looked at it closely. Within it, he could see the forest and another village from within the portal. " so I know a few things.... I'm in love with a griffon named taya who is in a secure location.... My father was the one back there who gave me my new armor.... And I have great hate for the one named insanity, also known as vaas.... Tell me, did we have some sort of conflict between us before I was apparently reborn? I can't go on hating someone with no apparent reason..."

Shadow took a deep breath. Then dhe paused. She could reinvent him into anything... anything at all. She dismissed the temptations and started to talk before she changed her mind. "You were... how do I explain this? You were a good griffon. You were sturdy for others, broke up arguments, and liked the occasional drink with one of your friends in this group... His full title is The Jester of Death, but he keeps his real name secret and is called Jester, though due to his weaponry, you and another member of the group- Raze- started calling him 'Cannonback'." She smiled. "Your sword had a spirit inside of it... a Phoenix Lord named Simourgh. You united your souls, which explains your energy and your amnesia." She walked towards the portal, standing in front of it, next to Kazas. "Vaas made bad choices constantly, and you developed a... hatred? Or a rivalry? Either way, it cumulated when he tried to kill you in a duel for interfering with his plans. This was one the things that drove you to merge you and Simourgh's souls... Before you did, you sent your love and her- and your- eggs to a safe place." She shook her head. "Anything else before we go?"

The Jester glared at him. White Darkness smiled. "Well, at least he has common sense." The Jester scowled, and tramped along behind the others. "Why are my skills never needed? I try to burn something- noo, we can't do it. Shoot a single beam? Nope, you might scare the rabbits. Yawn too loudly, nope, or else you get an angry glare from everyone within ten feet." He shook his head. "My patience is running low..."

Diego followed, feeling a bit put out that nopony had asked for his input. Then again, he remembered; the other ponies still had that deep mistrust of chaos mages. Even his ascension to alicornhood hadn't changed that. He wondered just what it would take before the ponies trusted him. In any case, Diego agreed wholeheartedly with Raze. Jester's plan of simply charging at the entrance to the village, guns blazing, was doomed to failure. It was unthinkable that the necromancer hadn't organised a plan of defence just in case of such an eventuality. They would all be hurt, maybe even killed, and the element of surprise would be lost forever.

He decided to speak up, after thinking it over. It couldn't hurt, even if they just ignored it. "We ought to have a better cover story than the old 'wandering traveller' gambit," he said. "After all, look at us. Some of us armed to the teeth. One pony with silver stripes. One with massive gunpower enough to wipe out an entire regiment. And, to be fair, myself. An alicorn chaos mage. I don't think they'd just take it as read that we're just randomly wandering about. Would be better if we pretended that we were looking for a particular target, and that we were calling in at the village simply to ask for their help."

" so I'm a father then... Very well.... And I... Used to drink? That's no good... If I have children on the way, I want to be the best father I can be. I'm going to use this power that corses through my very soul to forge a world where we can live peacefully, and without worry... The great pheonix that sacrificed itself to give me power... I will bring honor to his name... I will try my best not to take a life... But if absolutely nescesscary.... I will. As for drinking and smoking, that is right out. I have children... And I can't be a bad influence. I don't want them doing that. I thank you for telling me this. I'll better myself as needed... It's strange... It's like... I have memories from two lives. I remember how to fight from one life... And I remember my family from the other. One more thing... I remember a being called Resh... I don't know what his significance is, but maybe I'll find out... Again, thank you. And don't worry. I know of our mission. That necromancer must be taken into custody."

Kazas looked at the portal, and waved to seer. " come on.. We shouldn't keep the others waiting. Lets go."

Kazas stepped into the portal, and was in the forest. He saw them meeting with each other, and walked towards them. " hello... From what I know... We've met before... But due to a turn of events, I have a slight case of amnesia... Whatever the case..." He looked at raze, Diego, jester, and the others. " it's nice to meet you all. I hope I can be more helpful than what my former self was. I at least remember the mission. So don't worry about that..."

He eyed vaas. " you... I feel like... I know you most of all... Oh well. I'm sure that in time, I'll regain my memories... Hopefully. Anyways... I'll be over by the rocks, thinking about things. If I am needed, just ask."

Vaas was confused by Kazas, "Wait what the fuck?" dumfounded he just stood there. Shaking his head turning back to the group, "I could always knock on the front door and see if they want to play for a bit." Rolling his eyes at them. "You can sneak in but I'm killing anything in my path." Starting to get annoyed waiting for a plan.

Turning to Jester, "Do you really want to wait here or do you want to kill some shit?" Looking towards the village. "Just think of all the blood that will be spilled and all the glory that will come with each kill." Temping him with rewards and bloodshed.

Looking to White with a hint of betrayal, "The longer we sit here the more his dark magic plagues this land. We need to act now! No more waiting and planning we must attack." A sight red glow coming off of his blades.

Looking again at Kazas, "Can somepony explain why he isn't trying to kill me yet?" Examining him closely.

Fiddlesticks found out something changed in Kazas, "I think he has forgotten his past." Whispering to Vaas.

Vaas was shocked, "If this is true we could surprise attack him or his village after this fight." Whispering very quietly.

((Vaas... I will tell you, knock it off. What reason do you have to attack him? If anything, wouldn't it be better to now convert him to your side, as he is still somewhat unsure of what he knows? But whatever- if you want to kill him, whatever.))

White Rose pondered what Deigo said. "Actually... I think that's a good idea." She reached into her bag and pulled out a cloak and a large pin with a large red I and a symbol of a sun behind it. "Here. You can pose as an inquisitor." She fastened the cloak around him in such a way to either hide the wings or emphasizing them. "How to act as an inquisitor, 101- act any way you want. Literally, as the secret police of the Princesses, they have absolute authority. The only things that can override them are Captains of the Guard- and then only in military matters- the princesses, and their officers- as in the ministers and all of that. So, unless Celestia suddenly appears in the village, you are in total control. Under pain of death." She smiled. "And there is no way I am giving that to Vaas, nor am I going to be part of any insane plan that he might have, and no one under my command will do so either."

The Jester was laughing and nodding along, and then she realized what she said. "Waitwaitwait! Whaddya mean I can't go with him?"

"Because his aims are destruction. We are extracting this fellow. And I am still your commanding officer, no matter how powerful you are within the Daemontouched." She shook her head and said very loudly, "And I hope Vaas isn't planning anything stupid to do to Kazas, because he isn't fully recovered from his transformation, and we do not need another force of evil in this world!" She turned to glare at him. "I am not deaf."She then turned back to the group.

((Ooc: I don't know if killing Kazas yet is a good idea... I still have plans for all of you.))

Raze sighed. "Well, D's right. We do look pretty... menacing." He looked at his striped body, and sighed once again. "At any rate, we're almost there, about five miles to be exact, so let's keep going." He then overheard what Vaas had said about killing everyone he saw at the village, and looked at him. "I told Cannonback before, and now I'm telling you: no destroying anything... yet. We do this quiet and precise, or we risk ourselves getting discovered and getting killed."

He turned to White. "You really want to pose Diego as a Inquisitor? Not that I'm saying it will work, it's just that.... I don't think even the top brass of all the land would have any sort of authority in this guy's territory. Also..." He turned to Vaas again.

"I'm not letting you kill Kaz; not now, not ever. Nor will I let you brainwash him to join your side. I may be your friend--somewhat-- but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you do whatever the fuck you want, ok?"

He then turned to Kazas. "So... you've forgotten everything, huh? Well, let me give you a refresher: I'm the guy who you taught how to control a certain power that we both have. Name's Raze." He held out his hoof. "Nice to meet you... again."

White smiled. "I am well aware of that. However, as he said, it is a much better plan then just 'lost travelers' as he put it. And it gives us a better excuse, even if they don't respect their authority." She shook her head. "Speaking of the Inquisition... I wonder how my friends back in the offices are doing..."

"Probably discussing some kind of cereal laws for the Guard," The Jester said, shaking his head. "Like the losers they are."

"You are fortunate there are none of them close enough to hear you."

"So what if they are? They're just weirdos that the princess gave absolute power over everything! But beneath all of that power, their just weirdos. Like Grand Inquisitor Karma, for example- he lost both of his hind legs in a battle! Everyone though he would retire from combat- let some of the younger ones take over. And what does he do? He builds- by himself- a huge construct that replaces his legs, building into it huge guns! Not that I don't respect that, but... jeez, he was in his eighties when it happened?" He shook his head. "I really don't want our Grand Inquisitor to die."

"What, you like him?"

"NO! He INFURIATES me! And on purpose, too! No, because whenever one dies, my council and I are bombarded with requests for the next year, to help recommend the next one, and the Celestia completely ignores our advice and picks one of her friends!" He shook his head. "The odds are stacked against us in this country. No one wants anything blown up anymore."

At the Inquisition Offices...

"...and that, sir, is why Frosted Puffs should be banned from the Guard barracks."

"...but why? I mean, it tastes good, and we want more than just factory made soldiers."

"...heh. Yeah. More that just 'factory made' soldiers, and they break and run at the first she-"

Scowling, Grand Inquisitor Karma sat back in his automaton and sighed. These inquisitors had been bickering for hours. Over something that made no sense. He shook his head. He remembered the days when, whenever they disagreed, they took private armies and fought battles in the middle of the Badlands. Of course Celestia didn't like it and banned it. And now he had to council any issue between two inquisitors.

Which meant, due to their differences, he spent almost every day, all day, playing parent.

One of his apprentices ran up to him with a sheet of paper. He quickly scanned it over, and found nothing im- wait...

His eyes widened, and he quickly made off for the Princess's Throne Room, dropping the piece of paper as his mechanical legs ran...

Inquistorial Report

Offices of History and Records

We have found that the aforementioned town- the Town of Swallow's Creek- matches, in location and history, as the Village of Blackwater, a village destroyed during the Battle of Blackwater by a daemon lord- by the name of Resh- who was subsequently destroyed by a Daemontouched unit member under the command of General Starsword of the Equestrian Inquisiton. This member was a leader of a section of Daemontouched known as the Path of the Seer, and was led by Shadow Seer XLVIII In the Year C.D. 1903. Due to a shortage of material, the rift that was created by aforementioned daemon was left unsealed, but, due to the destruction of the village, the runs were posed as off limits to all non-approved authority. The building for the village was approved by Inquisitor Bluestar (declared traitor C.D. 1989). The village was never removed.

The requested energy tests were performed on the area.

Air: Negative

Fire: Positive

Water: Slight Positive

Earth: Slight Positive

Light: Negative

Dark: Positive

Harmony: Negative

Chaos: Positive

((Sorry for uber post. I wanted to lay down some backstory for the village. Some pointless backstory that might come in handy, but might just be flavor text...))

Ooc: Getting a "Hobbit" vibe from the necromancer right now. XD Imagining somepony like Radagast confronting them and coming away with a Morgul-blade.

Diego found he quite liked the idea of becoming, even if only temporarily, a 101 Inquisitor. He liked the way the cloak felt and also the borrowed air of authority. He replied to White, "This seems like the best solution. Of course, we act as tho it is somepony else that we're looking for, perhaps an enemy of the state, and ask for the help of the villagers in finding them. No point in rushing in, guns blazing and putting them on their guard at once. Thing is, we need the element of surprise. Once we lose that, we've lost the mission. The necromancer isn't stupid. He must expect an envoy coming from Canterlot to investigate him. He probably has a plan to stop and get rid of any envoy coming to put a stop to him and what he's doing."

He adjusted the cloak so it hid the wings that he still wasn't quite used to. It was a bit silly, but Diego just couldn't see himself as being able to use them for the purpose of flying. Perhaps after the mission he could ask Starfall for a flying lesson.

Vaas held his words as White and Raze targeted him, "I'll just be waiting over there." Walking towards a shaded area. Eying them he thought to himself, "I can't wait for this mission to be over so i can start working on my true goal..." Sharping his blades. 

Fiddlesticks sat up in the tree and watch the others, "All you need to do is awaken your portal collect their souls and you'll have a army soon for the up coming war. Let them do their plan just collect the soul of the fallen enemies or even allies. Don't forget you have me and Resh to call upon." Trying to keep Vaas calm.

Vaas stabbed his sword into the ground, "I know this, but I want my life to mean something again. Sitting here this close to my goal just makes me inpatient. If I did give up on my future plans the money from Celestia will not fill this void I have in my heart. I need something to fill this void fiddlesticks it's driving me even more insane then before. It's just weird fighting for nothing everypony else is fighting for something and I'm just here killing in hope of filling this blacken void once know as my heart." 

Kazas extended his own claw and shook raze's hoof. " it's also nice to meet you again, raze. And that other fellow... I heard some of the things said. Believe me, I still remember the important things... Like my wife and my children. Just because I have a case of amnesia, doesn't mean that I don't know right from wrong. I won't be tempted into doing evil deeds so easily... Had seer not told me about my children and wife, things may have turned out differently..." Just then, a flash went through kazas's mind. It was the memory of his training with raze. " that's right... I did train with you... How has it been since we did that? Your aura still under control?"

Kazas, while in conversation, eyed vaas. He felt an anger swelling up inside of him. " raze... That vaas... Every time I look at him, it angers me to my very core. Now I know that we have quite possibly fought... But in the end, who won? And be honest with me... How brutal was it? I'd like to know every detail of that fight, if you do not mind. I must know who I am up against, because as I feel his eyes upon me, I feel great anger and a wish to end my life... What the hell did I do that pissed him off?"

Kazas looked at his claws. " seer must be hiding something away... Possibly a brutal history from my past that was deemed something I shouldn't know...."

Raze nodded. "It's doing fine. I've managed to keep it under control so far, so you know, no problems there..."

"Really now?! Then what was that whole thing with you losing it when you was gonna die?! Was that what you could call 'control'? We--"

Raze glared at R, who decided it was best to keep his mouth shut for a while.

Raze turned back to Kazas who asked him about his fights with Vaas. "Yeah... about that.... Vaas didn't have problems with you at first, it all started with me, when me and him had a bit of an... argument. We clashed, and it ended with me winning, but you and me decided to revive him before he actually died. Then during the second fight, that was when you decided to step in, almost killing yourself in the process. Once again, I killed him, and once again, you revived him, saying that it wasn't his time to die yet, or something along those lines. The third fight though... that was the breaking point. He deceived you, encased you with black ice, you got pissed, almost ended up killing yourself again. I had to get you outta there so you wouldn't die, but you decided to go back anyway, even more pissed off than you were before. Then Vaas unleashed his demon pal Fiddlesticks, there was another fight, you ripped his guts out, blood and gore flying everywhere... long story short, you won, and I mean you fucking won. But then, for the third time in a row, you spared him, and then manage to calm yourself before things got worse. Annnd... here you are, with a partial case of amnesia. I hope I didn't forget any crucial details..." Raze took a deep breath, his mind amd windpipe a bit exhausted from recalling past memories.

With this, memories began to flash into kazas's mind. He remembered all of the fights in detail. The one that haunted him the most was the one with the guts. " wha... Wait... WHAT. I ripped out his insides? What was wrong with me... I became a total merciless monster... Even if just for one fight. I remember now... There was a voice when I was unconcious.. It goaded me into becoming the ' old Kazas. ' now I know there is something really bad that I've done... Just what the hell did seer not tell me..." He looked at seer with a slight look of confusion. " whatever it was, that wasn't me. Baser instincts took over somehow... Don't worry... It won't happen again... And that mention of reviving.... I have such a power? Is that even possible?" He rubbed his head in confusion. " you know what? You don't have to answer that. I'm fully self responsible and it's probably better if I rediscover my memories by myself. I appreciate your help." Kazas bowed his head. " now about the mission... I don't really know if having an inquisitor look~a~like would be very smart... People would question his motives as to why he is there, and some would snoop. Hopefully, he's good at broad faced lying. If wanted, I could fly high and do a little recon and bring back some information... Guard positions, shift changes, structural integrity... Just give the go and I'll do it."

White Rose looked at Kazas, debating with herself. Eventually, she said, "If you want to scout out the area, you may. Although If you get caught or seen, we might as well charge in, guns blazing." She sighed. "Why does everything has to be so complicated?"

"Because," Shadow Seer started, "life does not simply let us get away that easy."

White Darkness nodded and leaned back against his tree. "Eeyup. The same reason why you took over after Shine Star was possessed by a daemon."

"Wow. Thanks for bringing that up, White."

"You're welcome."

White threw a rock at him, which he dodged, laughing. "Fine, I'll shut up! Gosh..." He shook his head. "I can't wait until this whole thing is over. But we'll probably be needed more then, with the plague gone."

The Jester grinned. "I hope so. So far I've been useless. And since Mrs. Boss says I can't actually go on an assault, that just adds to my uselessness."

White looked at him. "I assume you know why I said no.:"

"Because he is affiliated with the forces of evil, yadda yadda yadda." He recited like a school filly. "Did you ever think that the bad guys were against daemons too, if for totally different reasons?"

White gave him a look. "Yes. I do think it matters."

"Hmph."

Raze sighed. "Looook you guys... if you're done, uh, 'debating' with each other--and I use that word loosely--, I think we should go now. You know, before we're too late and all that..."

Most of the Daemontouched, especially the Jester, glared at him for a bit, to which Raze shrugged and replied: "What? I'm just saying..."

He turned to Kazas. "Yep. That was you, back when you were still a bloodthirsty S.O.B. But hey, don't let it get to you. What's past is past... even if someponies aren't willing to forget about it..." He looked secretly as Vaas, who was minding his own business. He shook his head, and sighed.

"At any rate though, you really shouldn't think about things like that. Maybe that's why Seer didn't tell you about it, becuase she wanted to spare you from those memories. And about the reviving..." Raze cleared his throat a bit. "Like I said before... you have a power that I also have, and that's what you used to revive Vaas all those times. Yours is kind of like a holy aura, while mine, on the other hand, is a bit... corrupted... here, I'll show you."

Focusing, he activated his blood aura, eyes glowing red. He then quickly shut it off.

"See what I mean? Anyway, let's go... all this waiting around is killing me..."

They kept walking, but Raze slowed down his pace a bit to talk to White Rose.

"So..." He laughed a bit awkwardly. "How's it been?"

• Brohoof 1

"Tiring. It's just one surprise after the next. And honestly, I think that we aren't going to end this until Vaas crosses the line- again- and we have no choice but to destroy them." White shook her head. "I wish we had a bit more notice. I wish the Hammer of Light didn't take so long to prepare. I wish that the Inquisition wasn't a prissy bunch of snobs."

"I heard that."

White looked up and spun around, turning to face a familiar changeling. "Lord Inquisitor Moon Crypt. Hello, there. What brings you here?"

"Grand Inquisitor Karma sent me to babysit you lot. He found out some interesting things. First off, the town is sitting on-"

"A Tartarus rift. I know. Can you please tell me some useful information?"

He shook his head slowly, smiling. "Tsk, tsk, White. Show some respect for your superiors, why don't you?"

"Sorry. It's been a long and complicated few days."

Moon Crypt smiled. "Ah. Well, it turns out that this town shouldn't even exist. It was declared by a traitor Inquisitor, and by our rules, anything made by a rogue is destroyed/deleted/decommisioned after the Grand Inquisitor has knowledge of it, unless he deems otherwise. So, by our laws, this place shouldn't even exist. But, of course, half of his information files- including the one about this- were deleted. The Office of History and Records were able to recover the data, even though it took them twenty years."

White shook her head. "Now it's a ghost town? Great." She sighed. "This is my week in a nutshell."

"Ah. I see. Welp, I'm going to go ahead. I was able to contact this, 'resistance leader'. Maybe I can work something out."

"Alright."

The Lord Inquisitor melted into the shadows. The party walked in silence for a few minutes. Then the Jester turned to the others. "You now know why I don't like the Inquisition. There's only about five of them that will actually join a large group. The others just stand back and watch from a distance or do all their work alone."

Kazas watched as raze walked towards the group. He thought to himself. ' I have a similar power? Very well... Couldn't hurt to try harnessing it...' Kazas closed his eyes. He concentrated, and focused on the spiritual power. Flames appeared around him, of a white and golden hue. They were calm, and felt good. He spoke aloud. " now this... This feels great! Thanks for reminding me, raze!" Since becoming one with simorgh, his instincts and knowledge had mixed in with his own. Eventually, his power would become second nature to him soon, once again. He concentrated again, and shut it off.

' obviously, I'm on good terms with him. Hopefully... It is the same with all of the others as well... But the power of revival... I have such power? What else do I have? Fragmented memories... The knowledge on how to fight with this blade, even though I'm sure it isn't from me,.. I'll have to rely on the others for awhile.. That vaas.... I don't know whether to interact with, or avoid him. Oh well...' He spotted the alicorn, and was amazed at the sight. ' wait... I know him as well from before... I wonder.. He seems nice.'

Kazas walked over to Diego, and extended his claw. " hello, friend. My name is Kazas... Though we may have already known each other from before... As you can see, I have amnesia and I'm trying to get it all back. What is your name?"

Diego took Kazas' claw with a hoof and shook it. "My name is Diego," he replied. "We were friends, before you lost your memory; you gave me some letters from my marefriend Starfall and reassured me that she left to protect our foal, not cuz she hated me and was afraid of me. I don't know how much you remember from before, but I'm a chaos mage. For most of my life, I have been shunned for the nature of my magic and have avoided contact with other ponies. It was only this mission which made me realise that I'd spent far too long a time alone in the shadows...

"When you knew me before, I was a unicorn. After the fight to close the Tartarus rift, I ascended to alicornhood as a result. This was given to me by Princess Luna."

Diego paused for a moment, then added, "I hope that you weren't going to invite me to join you on an on the wing scouting mission. I do not feel very secure at the thought of entrusting myself to my wings and I'd much prefer to keep all four hooves on the ground. I don't know how anypony can even think of flying, but I suppose it's easier for those who are born with their wings."

Vaas stayed in the back of the group, "Fiddlesticks call upon Resh." Staring at the others with a hint of desperateness.

Fiddlesticks examined Vaas's face, "Are you alright?"  

Sighing he looked at the ground, "No...the closer we get to the village the more i think about the meaning of my life anymore since everyone I once knew is gone." Moving slower than the group.

Fiddlesticks put his hand on him, "Vaas your past is dead and gone, but your future..."

Cutting him off, "Future? My future contains of a prison or death. Once Celestia hears about this she will order the capture of me and if that doesn't happen my death will be near anyways. I don't understand what I'm even doing here anymore!" Yelling out the last part. "Just go find Resh Fiddlesticks..."

Fiddlesticks nodded, "It will be done." Disappearing in a second.

He kept walking when he saw Diego with Kazas, "I don't even care anymore. Why did they have to revive me in the last fight..." Mumbling to himself. A cold blew past him picking up his head he noticed Seer, "Maybe I should let her clear me of my demons..." Shaking his head he stopped when he heard a noise.

"Stop acting like a bitch and remember who did all of this to you. Your bring shame to the name insanity! You are letting us all down. Fucking get over your sad little bitch mood and get angry. We want you to burn that whole village down!" Speaking within Vaas's mind.

"Ice-born?" Starting to shake. Nodding to himself a spark lit inside him picking up his pace trotting up to the group he stayed in the back with a smirk on his face.

Kazas was kinda let down by that comment. " Diego... How do you expect to get through life if you don't try anything new? Take risks! Stop playing it safe and gamble on something for once! C'mon, flying is easy! Live a little!" Kazas said with a smile. " look, I can understand your weariness on flying, but you're never going to learn unless you try. I wasn't going to ask you to go on reconnaissance with me... Two high flyers would be easy to spot. But before I do go, you should at least practice. You are an alicorn. Other ponies are going to look up to you. Just give it a try once with me? You'll like it very much! Soaring through the sky is almost equivalent to being in the domain of the all~maker himself!" Kazas walked a little ahead of Diego, jumped, started flapping his wings, and started to fly, hovering in the air by flapping his wings. " see? It's that simple! Come out of your comfort zone and into the big blue with me. You don't have to be afraid. Besides, you'll regret the moment that you didn't choose correctly, and you'll wonder how it would've been to try something new!"

Diego looked very doubtful at what Kazas said. "I don't think that anypony is ever going to look up to me," he replied. "Even if Princess Luna did make me an alicorn, I'm not so sure that I will be accepted as such by the ponies back home. I certainly am not going to call myself royalty. Even the very thought makes me feel too uncomfortable."

He took off the cloak and for the first time since the transformation had taken place, experimentally spread his wings. Even that seemed to be too much for Diego, and he didn't quite dare to do more than that.

"Flying isn't really something I want to do too often," he said nervously. "I have four hooves, and I could just as easily use them to travel. I really don't see myself up in the air; even a short flight would be too much for me when I have no idea as to the mechanics of flying or on the technique. It seems easy to you, but you were born with your wings. I just aquired mine a few days ago. So naturally, you see flying very differently to how I see it."

Diego did want to try out new things, just that flying seemed to be strange and almost frightening to a pony who had never even thought he could do such a thing before.

• Brohoof 1

White Darkness glanced at Diego upon the mention of Luna giving him wings, then turned back to the group.

The Jester grinned. "Alrighty then, lad. How you do this. First, stretch your wings. You should feel a click. That's a wing bone that gets displaced every time you close your wings for long periods of time. Then, you just open your wings, flap a couple times to get off of the ground, and glide along on the wind! Unlike what you see many fillies trying to do, you don't flap continuously. You're supposed to get on a current of air and glide, letting the current do the work wile you just ride along." He grinned. And that's flying in a nutshell."

Shadow Seer looked at him strangely. "How do you know that?"

"I don't know, I just do. One of my predecessors was a pegasus, I guess."

White Rose smiled.

Shadow Seer noticed Vaas at the back of the group, arguing with himself almost. She smiled and shook her head, the slowly let herself fall behind until she was next to Vaas. "Are you alright... Vaas?"

You must come now, my friend. Vaas wishes to consult with you.

Does he? He seems to be doing just fine on his own.

But he wishes to consult you on how he will do his assault on the village.

Don't we already know how we will handle it?

... Just come, Resh! Please? For me?

Humph... fine...