Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

(edited)

Kazas looked at vaas and nodded his head" you know... I don't harbor any hatred for you. Not any more. You may dislike me, but I don't dislike you. I'm trying to make amends for everything I've done... But I'll stay out of your way If you wish.... Seer, vaas, this is obviously a trap. It seems like a poorly laid trap, but it's a trap nonetheless... I have a firm suspicion that ivo the unicorn is behind all of this... He may wish to add our corpses to his repertoire. I can't sleep right now... If you want, I'll stay on guard while you all sleep. Never in my life have I felt this amount of nervousness before... I don't know what it is, but I'm resisting the urge to burn this accursed place to the ground. I hate this place. I'll be outside our door If you need anything. Just call for me."

Kazas exited the room and took a guard position right outside of the room. He mumbled to himself. " we have all been fools... We just walked into enemy territory without any information... What the hell was I thinking?!?" Kazas opened his claws, and fire appeared in his palm. " I'm no Dante... And I don't have a Beatrice to guide me right now... But all maker, please keep us safe from harm..." He closed his palm and snuffed the flame. He stayed vigilant outside of the room.

Edited by Dirge of souls
  • Brohoof 1

Vaas put his hoof on his head. I knew this was a trap since we walked into this village. I'm the only one that wanted to burn this place down before we even entered but nooooooooooo these ponies think, "Oh maybe we change his mind with the power of friendship and maybe we will make rainbows all across Equestria." I JUST WANTED TO BURN THIS PLACE AND LEAVE IT IN ASHES! Now I'm stuck here feeling the weakest I've ever been, but there is a light in all this darkness. Starting to think about Seer. No no i must try and forget her and being stuck in a room with her isn't helping!

Vaas rested his head on the table trying to clear his mind of his problems and focus on finding a way to seek out of the village and open the rift without anypony knowing he was gone. Wait a moment...did Kazas just agree with me?! That could stop my plans to kill him and his whole race...Why do I still live?! My life means nothing now! He looked at Kazas for a moment before everything started to spin, "Fuck..." Falling out of the chair he blacked out. 

Laying on the floor his body became cold and his heart rate slowed down it almost seemed as if he lost the will to live anymore. Even Fiddlesticks and Resh disappeared from the area. He seemed like a normal pony with nothing haunting him anymore but a knife was next to him which had old blood on it.

Laying in his bed awake, Raze had thought exactly what R had said to him. This was it. No turning back, the moment of truth.... stuff like that, anyway. He'd never felt more nervous about anything in his entire life. It wasn't just the strange feel of the village that made him nervous; it was also the even stranger sensation that seemed to be radiating off of the leader... Ivo, he rembered his name was. If White was right, and that pony was really the necromancer they'd been searching for....

The thought of White made Raze think of the second thing R had said to him. Sure, it might've just been a joke, but... throughout this enitre journey, she seemed to be the only one in the entire group that he talked to and cared about the most. It felt weird, but it was almost as if he actually... had genuine feelings for her.

Maybe R's right... I should stop denying it and just get it out of my system.

He got up, and looked around for White. When he found her, he approached her.

"Hey," he said, wondering how many times he began conversationsnwith her like that. "Do you... mind if we talk a bit?"

White looked back from where she was sitting and reading. She looked at Raze for a bit, and then smiled a half smile. "Yes, Raze?"

The Jester laughed a bit in his corner. He was now sharpening his obnoxiously large axe on a whetstone made for a pocketknife.

White Darkness was outside on the roof, keeping watch on the stars...

Thud.

Shadow Seer turned around and gasped when he saw Vaas on the floor, unconscious. She dashed over to him and checked his vitals. Everything seemed to be alright... but why did he just suddenly stop and fall over...?

Resh kicked over a bucket, growling as he did. "And, of course, my person gives up on life sheerly because of forgiveness! What a noob." He sighed and kicked the bucket directly over Town Hall. It landed on top of somepony's head, which caused a bit of a smile on his face. Then he noticed another spirit. That rage spirit of that one pony...

He glided over with a grin on his face. "Hello, chump, he said, trying to provoke him into doing something. "What are you doing around here this fine night? Aren't you supposed to be caving in heads or something?"

((Yes, it's R. Yes, I'm bored. Yes, I needed a space filler.))

Vaas could feel a hoof on him then he heard Resh words which made something click inside of him. Slowly opening his eyes he looked for Resh, "I'm going to kill you once i can get up you piece of shit..." Turning his head he saw Seer standing over him, "What happen? Everything went black and now I feel weak. All of my rage is gone and the desire to kill has disappeared. Seer answer me this...Why am I alive still? I mean I have no meaning in this world anymore. I thought my past would keep me going but it's just a fading memory. There is one more thing that I need to get off my mind before the final fight..." Putting his hoof on her hoof. "I just need to know why do you shed tears for me and if there is something between us or if this is my heart seeking companionship." 

Fiddlesticks was inside the blade wondering what just happen and what was going on, "Looks like I'm trapped inside this blade once again. I wonder why he still carry this blade when it changed his life so much. I remember making this blade...what did I call it...oh yes, Ritual of Blacken soul." Speaking within the blade.

((The end was mostly a filler since my mind is failing on me, but have fun.))

• Brohoof 2

Kazas had been standing near the door to the room, guarding it and singing an old griffon war song to pass the time.

" deep in the ocean, dead and cast away

Where innocence is burned... In flames

A million miles from home, I'm walking ahead

I'm frozen to the bones... I am

A solider on my own, I don't the way

I'm flying up the heights, unashamed

I wait for the horn, the claw on the chest

I'm ready for the fight... And fa-"

THUD. He heard something in the room. He wasn't sure what it was, but it sounded bad. He charged into the room with claws ready to unsheathe his sword. " what's going on here! Are you ponies alri-.... Oh... Uhh... " he saw them holding hooves, and he was quite embarrassed that he walked in on that. " sorry..... I'll just go back to... You know... Guarding the room... And stuff."

He walked out of the room and closed the door. In his mind, Melbu was laughing hard. "" by the all maker, did you see the look on your face? That was priceless!""

' shut up Melbu! '

He took his position in front of the door again. He wanted to start singing again, but he deicided against it. Seeing vaas and seer like that made him miss his wife.

• Brohoof 1

R grinned. "I know what you're up to. Trying to coax me into doing something stupid and half-assed, eh? Well guess what: it ain't gonna happen. But what I do know is this: my compadre over is trying to get lucky, so let me watch."

Raze sighed a bit, then began what he thought was going to be an akward speech.

"Look, it's been a while and, you know, uh... I've been thinking a lot about things, and believe it or not, some of those things are about you. Uh, what I'm trying to say is.... damn, this is fucking difficult..." He saw the Jester was laughing, which annoyed him. "Knock it off Cannonback." Looking back at White. "I think it would be better if I were to tell you this privately...." He took her hoof and led her behind the hut.

"Look... I.... think I kinda like you alright?" He sighed heavily, and let himself fall on the ground.

"I know I shouldn't be overreacting about this... but I am. Man, what the hell is going on with me...?"

--------------------------------------

Hearing this, R started to laugh a bit.

"Smooth moves, cassanova!" he called out to Raze, even though he couldn't hear him. Heh heh... Smooth moves.

• Brohoof 1

Kazas sat on a stool in front of the door to his, seer, and vaas's room. He had his head bowed, claws crossed, and eyes closed and appeared to be asleep, though, in actuality, he was contemplating the passing events. Melbu appeared to him in his mind. Melbu took the form that he had in life. He looked very similar to Kazas, though he was taller and more muscular than his descendant. He wore no upper body armor at all, choosing to show the many scars he had accumulated to his opponents in life. He wore only lower body armor, and had a halberd as a weapon. He had blue feathers and a black lower body, possibly due to the power of being a rougue pheonix lord in life. His eyes were blue, and he had a diagonal scar above his right eye that continued at the beak.

"" you know... This is a very cliche group... You've got total warmongers... Jester and I... The innocent peace lover who is also royalty... You know, your little alicorn buddy? Now I'm not a species hater, but I'm not a fan of alicorns, especially since celestia sent the darmontouched to try and kill me 700 years ago... You've got the star crossed lovers, raze and rose, the psychic seer, white lightning who I dont really know much about and could care less about knowing, and vaas... I really don't know how to describe him yet. And then you have the one with healing powers who is actually a fool who thinks he can save everyone and make a brighter path for those who travel darker roads. That would be you.""

Kazas, in his mind, snapped at Melbu. ' what do you mean?!?'

Melbu replied. "" Kazas, life is not a ' gift ' from the all maker... It is a test. Not only have you stripped him of the very pony he loved, you shattered his pride, made him undergo extreme pain, and then proceeded to halve and decapitate his best friend, fiddlesticks. And then you revive him from the brink and extend his suffering. I goaded you into fighting him because I was afraid he would kill you. I never meant for you to lose absolute control and take everything from him. Even I am not capable of that cruelty. You allowed your own pride and your little ' I can make it better' attitude to take control, and in the end... You became a monster worse than even my legends say I am.""

At this, Kazas could say nothing. It was true. He attacked vaas when vaas had only tried to calm him. He took everything from him. Kazas was indeed a monster for doing what he did.

He said out loud " I... I never meant for it to end that way... I.. I wanted to help him! When we were at the flashback of his village... I knew there was good in him!!! I.. I just wanted-"

"" wanted what was best for him? Kazas, you don't know his pain, and neither do I. You can't deicide what is best for someone else! Their destiny is theirs to shape, not yours!""

Kazas hung his head in shame for his crimes. He said what he said out loud, and made sure vaas, and even seer could hear it. " I made a terrible mistake and by the all maker's judgement, I probably will go to Tartarus for everything I've ever done... When our mission is through... Vaas may have my head if he wishes. I will not fight back... I deserve death for what I did... And I will accept it gladly!"

Melbu said one final thing to Kazas. "" my dear descendant... Repentance might be hard to obtain, but it is not impossible... Think on things... I'll return to you shortly. There are spirits of others that I wish to commune with.""

With this, Melbu left kazas's blade, and went to the place where resh and R were. "" hmph... So you are the other spirits of the group then? Hmmm... How quaint"" he looked at resh and R "" hmmm... Very interesting that you two are spending time together.... How sublime. I wish to join you... And in case you're wondering, I'm Melbu Frahma, kazas's ancestor. Nice to meet you bo-..." He paused when he saw resh, and then cracked a wicked smile."" Hmmmm... You're the one who escaped one of the battles.... Aren't you, daemon?""

( more backstory. Knight, feel free to use it if you want.)

• Brohoof 1

Ooc: Btw, if you want any of the spirits to talk to Diego, feel free. It's only the ponies who won't be able to see him cuz of the spells. A bit of interaction might be fun... XD

Diego had stationed himself in a spot where he had the full view of all the houses where the rest of the group were staying. He shivered in a sudden cold wind, and thought longingly of being inside one of those houses and having a warm couch to sit on instead of being outside. Perhaps the feeling of wrongness would be lessened inside one of those dwellings, maybe it would be made even worse.

The chaos mage thought about the many spirits and daemons that followed his team mates. Not that he would want to be a daemontouched himself, preferring to work alone... altho, the past few days having to spend time with other ponies and a griffon had indeed been very enlightening for him. Maybe it was true after all that nopony was an island... but that didn't mean that he'd want to share his waking hours with another being.

Diego wondered what the others really felt about him, and about his alicornhood. He still flinched away from the thought of being royalty... whatever Luna had thought when she had made him into an alicorn, Diego didn't think that anypony back home would even accept him as royalty.

In any case, he allowed himself a wry chuckle. Perhaps this was why the Princess of the Night had done such a thing, to take everypony's perceptions of what a royal alicorn was and turn it upside down. He could definitely approve of such a motive; it went well with his status as a chaos mage.

((Pripyat I'm throwing you something so you don't get bored since you are alone right now. I want to see if my corruption will spread onto others as he becomes softer.))

Vaas's head turned to the door once he heard Kazas. I could take his head without a fight...temptation is consuming me...Wait I mustn't act on my temptations. What has made him change his hero's way of thinking? Saving the world and making everything good for everything that lives on this world. Something showed him there is a darker side and the ponies that have been forsaken. I must get to the bottom of this, but I don't want to leave Seer without her answer...and where the fuck did fiddlesticks go?! Looking around for a presences of fiddlesticks.

A blade landed next to Diego, "Pick me up and listen to my words young Diego." A voice coming from the blade. "I have information that could change your life forever. Come Diego I'm here to help you just pick me up." A shadow casting off the blade showing fiddlesticks face on a wall. "You could bring this world to a peaceful state just listen to my words and pick up the blade." The shadow disappearing with a wicked laugh

Shadow paused as she silently found herself holding hooves with Vaas, wondering what to say. "One should never be totally alone in the world. I wept for the fact that you had no friends... probably no family... and I could sense the sadness and despair coming from you. You probably lost all will to live."

White blushed at this and looked back into the forest. She was silent for a while, and then she said, quietly, "That's funny... I... I guess I kinda had feelings for you too..."

YES!

White jumped. "What?!?"

Yes! She admitted it! Now I can stop subtly hinting that you are in love with him!

Resh turned to Melbu. "Hello, old one. Yes, that battle was one I did not want to be in. I was already gathering my energy- I did not want to lose and have to regenerate it again." He shrugged. "And if you think this is friendly, you are mistaken. I'm trying to provoke this runt of a rage spirit to charge at me so I can be less bored." He shrugged. "So you got out, huh? How did you do it? You were still in Tartarus a week ago, weren't you?"

((Muffin mares! :muffins::derp: ))

• Brohoof 1

Lost in his own thoughts, Diego jumped when the blade clattered before him. He at first thought that his spell had lessened, but then, after the voice spoke, realised the truth of the matter. The spell that cloaked him hid him from the eyes of ponies, but this was not a pony; this was a daemon. Fiddlesticks, the daemon that haunted Vaas. Diego wanted power, had always wanted it. Yet something stopped him from picking the blade up and accepting the alliance.

Diego remembered how tormented Vaas had been, and even now, still was. He remembered how Vaas had had everything taken from him, one by one, and even tho now had a daemon as his friend, was still unfufilled and not happy. Diego knew that Vaas had power but at what price? Was it worth it to be a friend of daemons if one did not have other ponies by their side?

"No, I will not take the blade," Diego replied, quietly. "I do not wish my soul and life to be enslaved by a daemon the way Vaas was. I will at least learn from his experience, tho I still count him as my friend, and always will til the day he exits this life."

"For your sake, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that you called me a runt." R said while looking back at where Raze and White Rose were.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raze looked up at White, then laughed a bit. "Heh... so you're admitting it to me too, huh? Well, I guess it's not so nerve wracking to me anymore..."

For a while, they both stood there in silence, not knowing what to say to each other. Then, Raze put his hoof around her again, almost reminiscent of what happened two days ago, with both of them admiring the view.

"Man, I can't wait to get this thing over with... now that we're here, let's just bag Ivo and go as soon as we get the chance. And maybe..." He looked directly at White.

"Maybe we can... y'know... get together, possibly? If that's what you want, I mean..."

Dammit man, why you gotta be such a wuss when it comes to talking to her?! You're just like that one pony in Ponyville.... what ever her name was, some pony with a yellow coat and a pink mane... who shrieks at her own shadow! No... I'm not like that... need to get a grip.... but damn, why do I always have to feel so nervous around her...?

• Brohoof 1

Melbu looked at resh and spoke. " yes I was indeed... Lets just say that I've gotten paroled from Tartarus from ridding the place of your filth. You would've been dead too, had your daemons not barred my path from Tartarus back to the living realm... That's fine by me. After all, the longer it takes me to hunt down and kill my prey, the more accomplished I feel... However, you are indeed a daemontouched problem, and jester already said that he wants the next big fight, if I remember correctly... Besides, not all of me was in Tartarus.... Some remained in the blade with simorgh after high inquisitor karma tried banishing me after my death of old age. I'm too hard to get rid of, it seems..." He laughed a bit, and then went back to glaring at resh. " but if the jester fails... I'll kill you myself. But... I want you to be at full power if we do fight. I still have some notion left of honor, and I won't fight a weakened opponent. That is, if there is anything left of you after a fight with them."

He opened his claw and blue flames appeared. " surprised that I still have the power of a pheonix? It's amazing what you can find down in Tartarus... I rescued the soul of a conquered pheonix lord that your kind brought back after you killed him... Feyrbrand was his name, If I remember correctly... He was thankful, and even asked me to merge with him. I couldn't resist. And since I already was in the after life, the contract of a pheonix lord... To be bound to a weapon after death? That's null and void. Of course, I don't have a physical vessel of which to channel the power through... Not yet anyways..."

He looked at R. " I'll just leave you alone then. I see that you are trying to watch your master get lucky. Have fun with that."

He disappeared, and reappeared near Diego. " hello, alicorn.... Now what is royalty doing in a place like this? Along with a demonic entity, no less? Fiddlesticks prehaps? Good... I've been wanting to talk to both of you."

Fiddlesticks laughed as Diego spoke of enslavement, "Vaas should be dead already but you ponies keep bring him back. I don't think you understand how close he is to ending his life and joining the underworld. Everything has been stripped from him because of the bird we didn't do a thing but offer him help. It was this group that took everything away from him and now look at him he...A pony waiting to die again. Have you ever heard the saying Dead pony walking? Well Vaas is that pony and he will do anything if there is a chance to end his suffering of this world. Do you still think we did this to Vaas? I hope you can see that Kazas stripped him of everything he had."

The shadow stared at Melbu, "You must be the one helping Kazas I take it. What information do you hold that I wish to hear? Because right now you should be talking to your pawn and show him the darkness that fills this world and his justice path will be blacken by the corrupted souls that walk this world."

Vaas smiled a little, "My will to live is fading faster every moment we get closer to the end, but I will finish this mission and after that I think i'll take my leave. I think it's time to join my family in the clouds...I've brought corruption to this world and I paid the price and now my journey might be coming to a end. I just wanted to get everything out before the final fight...thank you Seer."

• Brohoof 1

Diego stared at Fiddlesticks. "I never agreed to bringing him back to life," he said. "I felt exactly what Vaas felt; namely, that his life had come to an end. While I don't believe in suicide, perhaps it would have been kinder to let him die. However, I have no wish to take any pony's life, and certainly not that of a friend. I would never forgive myself, even if that friend had begged for death. I still carry the guilt about all the townsponies I slew all those years ago."

He turned to face Melbu. "Don't call me royalty," he replied. "I only recently became an alicorn; Princess Luna granted the honour to me after my efforts to close the Tartarus rift using my chaos magic. I don't feel comfortable calling myself a prince, just as I don't feel comfortable about using the wings I now have."

He awkwardly flexed the wings; Diego was still grounded, with his fear of flying and wondered if he'd be the first ever alicorn to remain bound to the earth.

"Maybe the Princess made me an alicorn to help me be accepted," he added. "Tho I don't think that any of the ponies who hated me before will want to call me a prince to my face or even behind my back."

" oh yes... I do have some delectable information for your ears, scarecrow... You see, Kazas is not my pawn. He is my descendant. of course, it could be argued that I am, in a roundabout sort of way, using him for a bit of my own selfish gain... But it runs deeper than that, you see. After the fight between vaas and Kazas that nearly ended my descendant's life, I beckoned him. I brought up his past of the griffon reunification war... I used his warrior pride to mold him into a killer once more, just for one fight. But of course, it didn't exactly end the way I wanted it to end... If it ended my way, you would've never been brought here, and vaas would still be with his lover... But then your buddy had to go and attempt to kill off his entire village with this little plague... I do not need to remind you of what happens if Kazas has his loved ones threatened... Now he is willing to offer his own life to vaas in penance for what he did... But I warn you, he will be even stronger in death than he is in life. So if vaas deicides to go on a killing spree in the griffon empire... Kazas will simply choose another successor to the line of the pheonix lords... Who knows, he may even become a seraph... And believe me, I just gave him a reality check. He now sees his folly. And he's doing his best to make up for past sins. You and vaas should choose your path VERY carefully... After all... Your entire existence, soul, conciousness.... All of it, will be wiped away if the wrong deicision is made.....

He looked at Diego. " and as for you.... You're an alicorn now. This world has no use for beings that are indecisive. Stop doubting yourself. You're royalty for a reason now, boy.... And now it's you're job to prove to others just how helpful chaos magic can be. But you can't do it without confidence. You don't even have the courage to fly! Forsake your inhibitions for once and realize your true potential! Your power can rival even that of mine and kazas's COMBINED. You have no idea how strong you are now. If fate were darker and we met as enemies on the battlefield... You could probably give me the death I've been looking for.... I've said too much. You'll discover on your own eventually, why I am here, and why I am saying all of this to you."

Fiddlesticks laughed at Melbu, "You don't know what's in store for Vaas after this mission is complete. Diego pick me up and I'll show you the fate of Vaas if this mission is complete in the way Vaas has in mind. This village is the gate to his future and that future will be filled with death and a new world order. The rift will be open once again and the King of the underworld will walk upon this cursed soil bring corruption to the most purest of souls. Those wings and powers you have will be gone in a few moments when you face his blacken path." The dagger starting to fade. "Pick now Diego...look into the future or wait to see what the future has in store for everypony.

"Stay away from Vaas and keep your threats to yourself. I may die but many more daemons will rises from my ashes. All we need to do is open the rift and the daemons will rises once again to conqure this world and not even your griffon phoenix lords can do to stop all of us, and you should him the sins of his way but how is he going to make it up to Vaas when everything is gone?! Your pawn changed Vaas forever! Nothing get ready to face the consequences." Fiddlestick's shadow disappear.

Melbu scoffed at fiddlesticks as he disappeared. "" poor, weak minded scarecrow... But then again, this battle that may soon come... He may be correct Diego. You know that he is going to target the griffon empire first. And not only is Kazas's family there. Yours is as well. Now vaas will leave your family out of it, but make no mistake, Diego. The daemons that he intends to release will not discriminate against who they kill. Your family will be put to the sword if he is not stopped... Now this can end in multiple ways. You, raze, the daemontouched, or Kazas end vaas's life before he opens that rift, capture the necromancer, and go seperate ways. Or vaas could open the rift, but you all stand and fight, and if strong enough, you'll beat back the daemonic forces, but with heavy casualties. Or... This very world is brought to its very knees and everypony and griffon you know dies. or... You enact the legend of the trio of creation... you see, the world IS chaos. All events happen due to independent variables of possibility, of which is chaos. Many think the world is In order, but all is chaos. Why? Because everything that happens is random, as is chaos itself. That is what true chaos is. Look... I'll recite the epitaph for you... But that is all youll get from me, Diego. It goes like this:

" one with the power of the great rebirth

Kin to the pheonix that fly above the earth

Seeks to bring light to this realm

And eventually takes a seraph's helm

One who is death incarnate

Who is filled more with sorrow than of hate

Rises to challenge the blessed, holy light

And lives to induce fear and plight

One who controls the very element of life

Who's existence was rotten with strife

But in the end, has the purest soul

Even more pure than a baby foal

Forever, the first two are locked in war

The weight of their opposing power shaking the world to its core

Fate would have them slay one another

But with the third's intervention... They forever become brothers."

He sighed. " you already know what I'm going to say. That old legend... It's happening. You are indeed the third... And chaos is indeed life itself. If you wish to play no part in this, then that is up to you.. But keep that epitaph in mind. I'll see you around prince."

With this, Melbu left Diego. He then appeared to the jester, but to no other. " hello, jester... It's been awhile since I've seen someone in that armor... Do you know who I am?"

Fiddlesticks whispered to Diego, "That fool is masking the truth. The truth behind the matter is that he is trying to cover up the their dirty tracks. To point it bluntly they attacked Vaas's first and calm he is evil and his soul is black, but the truth is he was trying to save his loved one soul and stop the plague until Kazas killed everything he held near. He would never put your family in danger and you know this. Seek him out and tell him it's time to make the pact then you can truly trust him. I can promise you my daemon soul that no harm will every come from him." The knife floating in front of him. "Think back to the fights between him and Kazas...Vaas's has been attack more by him then he has started the fight. They want to clear all things dark and dangerous which mean you could be a target. I'm not trying to cover your eyes into seeing our way but i'm opening your eyes to see that Kazas and Melbu aren't righteous fighters you think they are just open your eyes and you'll see the truth behind this matter." 

The knife starting to turn transparent, "Also your not the only royalty here...take the blade and see the outcomes of this mission."   

"I will not take the blade, despite all that," Diego replied. "It's not the way I work. While a warrior like Vaas might use a blade, I only use the magic which is within me. I also have all my instincts screaming at me not to take the blade. However, if you think it will do good, I will talk to Vaas. I don't wish to end his life, even if he asks me to do so. I don't think either that out and out war with the griffin empire is in my interests. You forget that my wife and foal live there, so I will not wish to do anything that will endanger either of their lives. Also, I have had a surfiet of killing. I also don't think that it's right to raise the dead and force their souls to fight, whether on Vaas' side or the side of the necromancer. The dead should stay dead, and at peace."

Diego paused, then said, "At the moment, it's best that I stay hidden from pony eyes. I sense that the necromancer has tricks up his sleeve and that we can expect an attack at any moment. If that's the case, then the hidden pony has the chance to turn the necromancer's trick back on himself."

"I guess the we will let fate take it's course, but be warned a new enemy will rise from the ashes of the necromancer. The dead should stay dead you say...look at Vaas he was once dead and now he is alive again because Kazas wanted him to suffer more." Fiddlesticks voice starting to weaken.

"I must say this Diego...your passive ways will bring more pain then peace in this world. Vaas would never ask you to kill him because that would be the coward's way out he needs to die in battle. Luna may have made you a alicorn, but all that will mean nothing once the time comes...the alicorn of the underworld will rise when the rift is open and if the future doesn't change, and if your thinking about putting in a prison that would be the worst mistake you ponies will regret that. He will not let himself rot in a prison he will do anything to break out." The blade starting to burn.

"Well it seems my time with you is fading fast. I will see you soon and so will Vaas...I hope your ready for this upcoming battle within yourself to help Vaas or help Kazas...Pick wisely it will effect this world in many ways." The blade disappearing and a echo kept repeating within Diego.

White Rose blushed even more. "G-go out?" She laughed nervously a little. "I might be able to, but you have to remember when scheduling that I am in charge of a large Guard force. With a rather unpredictable schedule." She sighed. And then started as she heard a thump land on the roof.

The first thing that White Darkness- who was on the roof- thought was a sniper. He cursed. Sniping was hard enough without the proper equipment, but in night? He growled and dove down, drawing a crossbow and taking aim... looking for the slightest sign that anythinng was amiss... moving occasionally, to throw off any other shots...

Shadow sighed. "Well... I don't know. If you can truly defeat the shadow within you, then you might find purpose again. She nodded to him. "Try not to live in the past... remember the past, look to the future, but live only in the present." She stood up and, bowing slightly, walked out the back... she needed some peace and quiet.

The Jester heard the thump and sprang to. Knowing the sound of an arrow- or a muffled sniper- he poked his head outside, a large energy rifle coming out. A crosshair appeared in the middle of his bionic eye, and looked, trying to locate the shooter without being located himself...

Resh glided back in. "Ah, yes! Hello, Vaas. I'm sorry about that little hiccup... I was apparently ejected when you were knocked out."

"I would not put Vaas inside a prison," Diego said, out loud. "I have been in such a place, myself; I know how it feels, altho I eventually broke myself out. Why would I give another that fate?" He thought about what he had been told. "Perhaps death is the only fate for Vaas," Diego thought. "Tho I don't think that I could give it to him, unless it was in the guise of a mercy killing. If Vaas had been hurt too bad to live, if he was on the very brink of death, it would be more of a kindness to quickly and cleanly end his sufferings rather than bring him back from the brink. Perhaps I should have stopped Kazas from saving him before, and instead, given Vaas the peaceful death he craves. Still, things will be different next time; I'll make sure of it."

Diego stood up, looking about him. He thought over what Melbu had said about him being too scared to fly, and he winced. It was true, and that cut deep. Still, he knew that he would not test out his wings just yet; he told himself that there were far more important things to think about at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Kazas sat on the stool, thinking over things some more. ' if life is indeed a test and not gift, then why am I even here... Dammit, this was supposed to be an ambassador mission of good faith to equestria. Now it's taken a turn for the worse. Should I offer my life to vaas, or take a stand in a possible war. I can't believe I started all of this just because I did what I thought was truly right. Dammit! All I wanted was to finish this and be done with it, and return to my family.'

Melbu spoke into The jester's mind once more, slightly aggravated that he had been ignored, even though he obviously had something better to do than talk to Melbu. "" ooooohhh I see your little group has made modifications to that armor since I've been gone... But are you the same kind of jester that fought me centuries ago? Ahhhhhh yes.... I remember him well.... When you all followed me back home to kadessa after I was obviously unwelcomed.... The only one that stood a chance while the rest were left injured... Or worse. now that was a good fight... Had the jester of that day not had been so attached to his friends, he may have won. But of course, that's not why I'm here, in your mind, speaking to you right now. Do you want to know why I'm REALLY here now, boy?""