Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

(edited)

Vaas stood up and looked at Resh, "It's seems our bump in the road is cleared now we must focus on opening the rift and complete my new goal...I will inform you later on the goal but for now focus on opening that fucking rift. I have other matters to attend to..." Walking towards the door he felt a sharp pain in his hoof looking down he noticed a blade near his hoof. Picking it up he noticed the design of the dagger, "This is my blade how did it get out here? And is that Fiddlesticks inside?" Pulling the dagger out he infused the blade with dark magic unleashing Fiddlesticks from his prison, "Come Fiddlesticks it's time we awaken the King of the underworld."

Opening the door he noticed Kazas thinking heavily, "Something on your mind bir...I mean Kazas. I know you don't remember the past but mine is becoming a fading memory. I've found something that is driving me to live once again. Oh and sorry if you got uncomfortable when you walked in as me and Seer were holding hoofs...I guess emotions are our greatest foe and I lost that fight also...anyways anything you wanted to get off your mind before I go?" Putting the dagger into his bag.

Edited by Plague Doctor

" a lot weighs upon my mind vaas. Apparently... There was another trapped in that sword that even simorgh did not know about... My ancestor, Melbu... Strongest of the Frahma clan pheonix lords and the only one Who has mastered the blue flame...He's come back from Tartarus and reunited with his essecnce in the sword... He's gone for right now, but he'll be back... I have no idea what his ambitions are, nor do I even know how he has come back. He says he is here to help me, but vaas... Before the very last fight with each other... I was unconcious and I heard his voice for the first time. He beckoned old memories from the reunification war that ended in my country 8 years ago... Said he was a monument to all of my sins. Said to bring ' Kazas the killer' back... Now I'm having trouble piecing it together. I can barely even remember the fight and I'm wondering who was really in control back there... Not to mentioned that I'm questioning my very goal and philosophy on life... But before you go anywhere, BE. CAREFUL. Have you seen the eyes of those ponies? They are blank, soulless, and nearly daemonic. It would not be surprising if we get swarmed anytime soon now.... Whatever you're going to do, do it quick. My nerves are frayed and the urge to destroy this impure place...."

Vaas smirked, "Black, soulless, and nearly daemonic? I should fit in well then, and questioning your life comes and go trust me...once you brought me back from the dead I thought there was no reason to live anymore and yet look at me now...a cursed pony that's bound to walk this world until the rift is ripped open once again or I finally get to take my final breath in this cursed world." Sighing as he closed his eyes. "Don't fear death Kazas just embrace it and all will be easier to let go. I would say your final words to everyone this could be the last time we meet." Walking forward a bit before turning his head sightly.

"This will not end all things evil in this world...soon a greater evil rise from the ashes of the fallen here. More death will follow and more souls will be collected just get ready to travel down a tougher path then this one we are traveling on as we speak. The future is a cruel mistress and my future has been bent and twisted, but finally my path is coming to end." Sending a dark mist towards Kazas. "Take this as a gift..." Disappearing into the air.

A golden locket was placed on the floor in front of Kazas with the word, "Insanity" written on it.  

" hmph... I don't know if I should take this or not... And should I truly offer my life to him? That would not be fair to my wife or my children... I am not afraid of death. im just aftaid of what id leave behind... No... They are more important and I must stay alive for them.. A darker evil... The Tartarus rift.. He's going to try and open it. He must be stopped." Kazas picked up the trinket and looked at it. " not my business to find out what's inside..."

He stepped into the room and began to talk to seer. " you know what he wants to do, seer. I said that I would not take a life. But if he intends to open that rift and wage war against every being in the living realm and threatens my family and everything I hold dear, then i have no choice. As a pheonix lord, i am sworn to protect life even in my own death. The needs of the many far out-weigh the needs of the few. I must attain the highest level of power... The seraph, the eight winged guardian.... And I must also choose a successor in case I die, and I've narrowed it down to two people. I'm not going to say who, but you probably know who I have chosen. Now can i ask you a favor? Can you open a magical window to the royal capital Zenebatos? More specifically, to my wife and my soon to be hatched?"

• Brohoof 1

Shadow Seer sighed and looked at Kazas. "I know of his intent... but I will give him until we are at the rift. If, once there, he tries, I will have no choice but to try to stop him." She shook her head. "I wished that he could have had a better life than playing puppet to two daemons... but I cannot save everyone." She stood up. "I would love to open a portal to Zenebatos... but I am afraid that by doing so, it will allow corruption to seep into the capital. If you are willing to take the risks, I will open it, but I am making sure you know of the possible consequences..."

The Jester scowled as he noted movement in the bushes across town and started to follow it. "Get out of my head, Fallen One. As you can see, I am rather busy at the moment. And, no matter how much I wish to send you back to Tartarus, I cannot at the moment, as I have someone headhunting my friend up above."

Suddenly, an arrow sprouted from directly above him. His scowl grew deeper. "Correction- somepony's headhunting me!" He ducked back on the other side of the window, temporarily having the shooter lose sight of him.

White Darkness almost swore as he saw the arrow come within six inches of him. He rolled to the side- almost off the roof- and started searching the area. "Come on, come on... give me something to shoot at... before he shoots me..."

Melbu scoffed. "" alright jester... You may regret the choice you have made later on, or you may not... Either way, I'm returning to my descendant Kazas. Have fun with your little fight, old friend." He let out a taunting laugh, and disappeared from jester's mind. He made his way back to Kazas, appearing as a blue shadow on the ground, and then transmigrated back into kazas's sword.

Kazas nodded at seer. " very well, I understand the risks. My instincts are frilled right now and for whatever reason.... It feels like my children are about to be born... And I want to be there." Kazas opened his claw and revealed to seer the locket that vaas gave to him. " vaas gave this to me, but I'm not going to take it to Zenebatos. It makes me feel uneasy. And don't worry about corruption getting in... The griffon army has always been strong. We will prevail against evil, as we always have."

Melbu spoke out loud, a blue glow eminating from the nodachi. ""Going home? Good. I want to meet my newest descendants. Not to mention that I want to see what has changed in 700 years.""

• Brohoof 1

Shadow Seer sighed. "I do not mean corruption as in physical harm... I meant corruption as in mental harm." She shook her head and cast the spell, taking the locket from Kazas. The portal opened, casting a ghostly blue glow. "Alright. There it is. However, if anything happens, I will have to pull you out immediately and close to portal. So bear in mind that your visit may be brought to a sudden and unannounced end..."

Resh smiled. "So... the rift. Guess I have to tell ya where it is, eh?" He smiled. "Well, it is actually disguised as that gold-plated floor in the basement of the town hall- right above the dungeons. It will be opened by touching the gem in the middle, with a... daemonic entity simultaneously. Me or Fiddlesticks, or both. It doesn't matter. However, expect some mental obstacles in your way. Master Void is very protective of his many rifts, even the smallest ones, and until Ta- the underworld recognizes you as an ally, it will throw in your path the same obstacles as it would a typical pony, which may or may not lead to cases of head detonation, madness, or merely a severe headache for a few hours, depending on how fast you do it and how powerful your mental defenses are.

" understood seer..." He bowed his head. " thank you so much. " he stepped into the portal, and was in Zenebatos, the mythical city built on top of the highest mountain in the empire, a testament to griffon ingenuity and hard work. From where he had exited, he must have been in grand square. Everygriffon was looking at him with a concerned look. It wasn't everyday that someone just popped in from a portal. " no griffon go in that portal! It leads to a very dangerous place! Have guards placed around it under order of myself, ambassador Kazas."

He then took flight, and flew to the royal palace, a grand building made of marble and the finest stone around. The guards did not know who he was at first, but recognized his voice. " let me pass. I am on urgent business." Without hesitation, he walked into the palace, ignoring greetings from high ranking officials and royal guards. He made his way to the lower levels of the palace, the residential quarters. He asked a guard where his wife was, and then proceeded to her room. He opened the door, and the first sight he was rewarded with was his wife, sitting near the fire, and the eggs beginning to hatch. She ran to him at first sight and kissed him, and they made their way to their eggs.

5 minutes later

--------------------------------------

The baby griffons had been born and had imprinted on Kazas and taya. Two male, one female. Kazas spoke to his wife, arm around her shoulders, as they sat together with their newly hatched griffonlings playing with their now empty shells. Taya talked to Kazas. "' just what you wanted. Two sons and a daughter.... Have you thought of any names?"'

Kazas responded. " yes I have... For our daughter, how about Damia?" Their daughter had white feathers with blue streaks on them. " have you thought about any names for our sons, taya?"

"' yes I have... For the green and silver griffonling, I was thinking about Lavitz... And for the Orange and black griffonling, I was thinking of Zieg. What do you think?"'

" I like that very much taya. I can already tell that Damia will be a great singer... And our sons, whatever they choose to do, will make us very proud.... I love you all."

The griffonlings gathered with taya and Kazas, and started to sleep against taya's body. "' kaz, you've changed so much... Please come back to me alive...'"

Kazas, while his children were sleeping, gently plucked feathers from them, one from each. A white and blue one from Damia, a green one from Lavitz, and an orange from Zieg. He attached then to a ceremonial necklace, one that shows that a griffon couple has entered parenthood. " I promise taya. I love you." He exited the room, wearing the necklace, and deicided to make his way to Empoerer doel's antechamber.

(edited)

Vaas broke into a wicked smile, "Resh you should know by now i don't care anymore. I just want to awaken what's inside of me...Lord Insanity commander of Summoner's finest, at last I can finally claim my spot in the daemons rankings. Summoner may control everything about the underworld, but at least I'll be king of the underworld. I think I'm ready to cast my heart away and gain the endless void that will replace it. My past has been ripped from me and my false future cleared from my mind I'm ready to take my spot as king." Stopping right over dungeons. Unleashing a haunting veil of darkness around the village, "Not even the moon's light will be able to pierce this form of darkness. Let there dreams be filled with nightmare as this is the night where we misunderstood take our rise." Calm fully talking to Resh and Fiddlesticks. 

That golden locket was given to me by Celestia to honor the heroic deeds i have done in the past. Now look at me...corrupted, dark, insane, and alone....I have fallen from great heights and now i lay in the grave waiting for my name to be lost in history. That locket meant so much to me before this plague started. I hope he see the photo of me before this plague and the short passage talking about heroic deeds and my kindness towards everypony. If that fool charges me without figuring why i gave him that locket...I swear on my dead village He will die.  Time is running out for everyone here soon daemons will walk along this soil not even seer will be able to pierce the void.

((Heroic deeds: Saved the mayor of his village from a possible assassination, Royal guard of Celestia and Luna, Stopped a wildfire from destroying his village, and closing of a daemon rift and risking his life to save many others.))

Edited by Plague Doctor

The guards to the empoeror's chamber stood vigilant, in case any intruders tried to break in. At the sight of Kazas, they raised their spears, but then recognized him to be an ambassador. They nodded, stepped aside, and let him enter. When he opened the door, he saw Empoerer doel on the throne, with his son, raziel, standing beside him. Raziel, a gray and velvet feathered griffon, jumped up at excitement at shook kazas's claw. " kaz! How are you? How's the ambassador mission going?"

Kazas looked at raziel, and with a grim face, spoke to him and doel out loud. " not good, raziel... Not good. I'm afraid I can't talk and reminisce right now.... We may just have have a war on our claws..."

Kazas walked away from raziel, not even looking at his reaction. He kneeled before Empoerer doel with all respect. " my empoerer... I humbly request to be given a red sash."

Empoerer doel, who was indulging in wine on his throne, nearly choked on his drink, and shook in horror. The reason why is that the red sash was given to griffons who were going on possible suicide missions. Only those who expected to die requested it. .." Kazas... What has happened in equestria to make even you want the sash?"..

" ... A Tartarus rift... I'm working with the daemontouched and others to capture a necromancer and make sure that it doesn't open."

Doel would not question it. He trusted in Kazas. He snapped his claws, and a sash-bearer came out and handed it to Kazas. He then tied it to his waist. " my Empoerer... If anything happens to me... Make sure they are safe for me... Please."..

.." I understand, ambassador. Do what you need to do. Your family will be kept safe."..

Kazas bowed, and made his way out of the palace, with his new necklace and sash donned. In a few minutes, he was in the grand square, and went back into the portal. Back in the room with seer, she noticed his new adornments. He used some of his pheonix fire to close the portal, and turned to seer. " I have done what I needed to do. Now... Lets have a look at vaas's gift."

OOC: ( hey PD, can you describe what kind of heroic deeds vaas has done that can be found in the locket?)

((Sorry about the long hiatus, but I'm back! I'll try to make more posts on here from now on.))

Raze laughed at White's reaction to his question. "I know how busy you can be with being who you are, but try to find some time.... okay?"

Suddenly, he saw Ivo standing behind them, almost as if he was there the entire time watching them. Raze almost jumped at seeing him, but managed to regain his composure quickly. He noticed something strange about Ivo: what he felt in the village was nothing compared to what he felt when he saw him right there. Raze felt the apprehension and caution come back to haunt him; only this time it was two, probably three times worse now. Then Raze had a thought: what if this feeling was not coming from the village, but from Ivo himself? Was this unicorn's magic and powers that strong? His train of thought was interrupted as Ivo began to speak.

"I don't mean to interrupt your conversation, but dinner is almost ready. Would you like to come over to the dining hall and join us?"

Raze looked at Ivo, then at White Rose. "Well... do you wanna go?"

Vaas landed back at his room, Finally my plans are being set in motivation...just need to wait until I can sneak into the chamber with the gate to the underworld. Something ticked when I flew over the dungeon I can feel my lust for blood coming back and my blood is once again boiling but even crazier and finally the insanity has awoken again. My mind is turning primal and my body is prepared for the transformation. May the twins rise from the ashes of the fallen and let them shower in the blood of their foes, but shall they wonder off the blacken path let them bring corruption to the light and awaken those who are blinded by the light. To those who have fallen to darkness and those who have been shunned from the light...I am your champion and soon to be your king I shall avenge you.

Cracking a smile he sat in a chair laying his blades on the table he sat looking at the door waiting for somepony to enter. Filling the room with a dark energy he could feel the darkness once again fill his heart, "I'm ready for whatever is to come..." Talking to Resh and Fiddlesticks.

((Return of the old Vaas, but with a more crazier personality.))

White Rose gasped and half-drew her swords, before thinking about it and replacing it. "Please do not sneak up on me. And yes, I will come to dinner." He sighed.

Ixkom, tell him to be on his guard for traps.

Be on your guard, lover boy. This could be a trap.

Shadow Seer nodded to Kazas as he came out, wearing a red sash. Not questioning him about it, she shut the portal and then looked at him before turning outside. "So, how was it? I assume all went well with your family?" She was staring out of the window at Vaas.

Resh smiled. "Excellent. Now, Ivo, Raze, and White are about to leave for a... dinner. Or not. But we will follow them until we reach a long corridor, to the left. Then we will enter the first door to the right, and there will be a room reminiscent of a library. In the back case, there is a book labeled Daemons and Daemonacy. When this book is removed, a hatch will open. Upon entering the hatch, we will be at the portal. Put your hooves on the gem in the center, and then move, unless you want a first class trip to Tartarus. You can't really have any revenge in there."

Kazas cracked a huge smile and touched the necklace with his griffonling's feathers on them. " indeed. My children have been brought into this world. And I feel very happy about it." He took the locket gently from seer, and opened it. Inside, he saw an old picture of vaas, along with the deeds he had done. " hmmmm.... I wonder why he wants me to have this. Prehaps to warn me not to travel his path? Prehaps to show us that he wasn't always so unstable? Or is it a lesson to prove to us that even the greatest of Heros can fall from grace? Or... Is it all of the above and more? Either way, it really is a beautiful little trinket... But it still makes me feel uneasy for some reason."

Melbu appeared from the sword, as a great blue flaming soul. "" ahhhhh, now that was a very nice visit indeed. And that locket? Don't worry about it. It's irrelevant. The only thing you need to think about is the mission. AND the fact that your little insane friend will carry out a plan that could destroy us all.you may need to swap places with me to get the job done. That is all."" Melbu was drawn into the nodachi, and remained silent.

" this really is cliche, as Melbu would say. A group of beings with magical powers here to stop evil. It's almost storybook material" Kazas said with a slight laugh. " but enough with cliches and the such. Again, I thank you for your help." He nodded at seer. " so do you have a plan? What should we do?"

Raze sighed. No shit Ix, just because I like somepony doesn't mean I'm not clearly aware of anything that's going on. I'm always on guard...

Ivo laughed at White Rose's reaction, but quickly stopped when he saw the markings on her sword. The sun and the moon were right there, clear as day. Ivo kept this in mind, but did not make this visible. Instead he smiled, as if nothing happened at all.

"Very well, then. My sincerest apologies for startling you. Now, if you'd kindly follow me please...."

He led Raze and White Rose across the town, until they came to a very large building: the village hall.

"Now, we usually do not eat here, but since this you are our guests, and since this marks three months that our village has been unaffected by the plague, we find it a good reason to celebrate. We like to show our guests that we have a good sense of hospitality."

Ivo laughed a bit at this as they went inside. The hall itself was very spacious, with long tables set against each other. Various villagers could be seen laughing and enjoying the food, which didn't seem like it was going to run out anytime.

Raze looked at White, then let her go inside first. "Ladies first."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Diego stayed in the same position as he had been in for the past hour or so, dozing but not fully asleep, indecisive as ever. Suddenly, his eyes opened wide. Luna, Princess of the Night, was standing in front of him.

"You have work to do, Diego," she said to him. "Work for the good of Equestria and for all ponies. Regardless of your feelings on the matter, you are a Prince and a royal alicorn. You must fufil your destiny, despite the consequences which will come as a result of your actions."

"What consequences?" Diego asked. "What am I to do?"

"There is a plot ahoof tonight," Luna replied. "A plot which, if it comes to fruition, will cause immense pain and suffering to all who reside in Equestria. While the village is the source of the plague, if the rift which lies beneath it is opened, then demons will escape who will cause such suffering in Equestria as will make the plague seem simply an annoyance! You must use your wings to fly to the summit above the village, and then unleash the full strength of your magic. I will be alongside you to help, but the chaotic element to your magic is what will close the rift, never to be opened!"

"But... but Princess," pleaded Diego, suddenly fearful. Not at the thought of performing a tremendous feat of magic, but of the thought of actually using his wings to fly.

"There is no time to be wasted," Luna replied, sternly. "Remember, I will be there. But you were made an alicorn cuz I had faith in your ability, and that includes the use of the wings that you were given. Fly to the summit and cast the spell."

Diego realised that the Princess had not answered his question. "You mentioned consequences, Princess. What consequences? And to who?"

Luna sighed, heavily. "Sadly," she said, "Those who plot to open the rift will in all likelihood not survive the spell which closes it forever. But that is not something we must dwell on, for the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. What I am asking you to do is think of the innocent masses who live in Equestria and who deserve to continue to live. It is a burden weighed upon the hearts of all royal alicorns."

Diego stood up straight, extending his wings to their full span. "I will do it, Princess," he said, altho his heart quailed at the the thought of the eventual demise of one he had called friend. He flapped his wings and, altho he faltered at first, was soon airbourne, Luna besides him. At the apex of the village, was a single cloud where he and Luna stood. Taking a deep breath, Diego cast the spell to close the rift. Luna's horn glowed as well, as she supported the spell that Diego cast. The magic enveloped the village, tho it would not fix the corruption there as it had but a single purpose.

The jewel which would open the rift if touched shattered into many microscopic fragments. A roar of rage from the rift sounded, before being silenced. The mouth of the rift gaped, as it tried to tear itself open regardless, but to no avail. With an echoing crash, the rift clamped together, the join vanishing as tho it had never been there, and just smooth surface remained there instead. Diego fell to the bottom of the cloud. Luna supported him, til the moment came when he had strength to fly back to the ground once more.

Vaas could feel a sharp pain in his side holding his side he walked outside to see Diego landing on the ground, "You?! Closed the rift?!" Feeling the pain as he walked closer to him. "You know what i don't even care about the rift anymore..." Placing his hoof on the ground he stood in silence before turning back to Diego, "I see that this world is to scared to see what comes after death for the tortured souls that walked this land in the past. They think death will bring them peace and have a happy place in the sky...ha look at me a betrayer, a corrupted champion, and worst of all...a kin slayer..." Blood began to run from his mouth. "My link to the underworld has been cut and Fiddlesticks and Resh has disappeared...now I'm truly alone in this graveyard." Stabbing his sword into the ground and holding himself up, "I guess that pact we made meant nothing to you. I kept my end of the deal this whole time and i even told Resh and Fiddlesticks to keep you and your family safe. Betrayed by one i called brother...leaves a bitter taste in my mouth." 

Vaas let go of his sword standing up looking at Diego with a glare of disappointment, "You may have closed the rift, but i won't be dying so easily! This will weaken me but I still have soul that is keeping me here, but at least I know where we stand Diego. The oath we made is broken and you have awoke my wraith. I shall repay this act of betrayal just you wait..." Ripping his sword out of the ground turning his back to Diego he walked towards the main gate. "Enjoy your moment of glory...brother." Disappearing into the shadows of the night only leaving a blacken pool of blood and a hole where his blade pieced the ground. 

Diego felt saddened as he watched Vaas vanish into the night. The fact was that he, unlike Kazas, could no longer help Vaas any more. His soul was bitter and twisted; whatever decision Diego made, it would end up causing pain and suffering. Diego had chosen to save hundreds of Equestrians from the pain and horror which would result from opening the Tartarus rift. If that meant that Vaas was put aside, it couldn't be helped. Diego began to feel angry at Vaas. If he truly wished to help other ponies, then how could he even think of unleashing the horrors of the underworld on them? That was a decision that could only end in misery for everypony.

Even tho he wasn't sure whether Vaas could hear him, he shouted after Vaas' disappearing form. "You are the one who's the betrayer, not me! All you follow is the hate in your mind. It doesn't matter to you that unleashing the demons of Tartarus on to Equestria would help nopony, not even yourself; all you care about is yourself and getting power for yourself. You betrayed our pact the moment you planned to open that rift. I held back on destroying your soul, cuz unlike you, I care for other ponies. But I will not hold back next time. Even tho I swore never to kill again, I will gladly kill you if it meant that Equestria was safe from you. Perhaps you might even find some peace in death!"

Luna put a comforting hoof on Diego's shoulder. "He made his choice," she said. "I can understand how it feels to have a soul consumed with hatred. When I became Nightmare Moon, that was how my soul was. However, when I was freed from Nightmare Moon, I made the choice to ask my sister for forgiveness and to stand by good, rather than continue to work for evil. Vaas has it within him to make the choice for good; however, if he isn't strong enough to make this choice, then all we can do is try to work towards saving the many of Equestria. It's a difficult decision to make, but yours was the right one. Hopefully, Vaas will see that in time to be saved."

Diego stood in silence next to Luna, thinking this all over.

Kazas and Melbu felt the force of the rift closing with their souls. Kazas looked at seer. " never mind, lets go see what has happened." Kazas exited out of his room. It would be time to eat soon, but if he was offered food from the village, he would humbly but sternly reject it. The ponies here were not to be trusted in this situation. He left the building he was in under the cover of darkness, and saw something fall from the sky, assisted by what appeared to be another alicorn. Melbu sighed. "" two alicorns? Hmmmm... Now this Is quite interesting. Lets go see who they are, Kazas. I've got a pretty good idea who the the second one is... Kazas, do you mind if I borrow your body for a bit?""

" wait, what?!? Why?"

"" you'll see, my descendant. Transmigrate into the sword. Don't worry. My primary objective is to make sure you survive... But I've got to have a little talk with Luna and your friend.""

" tch. Fine I trust you. Lets trade places. Besides, the sword is to be my soul's home when I die, correct? Might as well get used to it."

A fire surged from the sword, and a red one from kazas's chest. The red fire traveled to the sword and the blue into the body. When his eyes opened, Melbu was back in the physical world. "" now... Lets go!""

Melbu, using kazas's body, flew to the sight where Diego landed. He smiled, and gave praise. "" well now, you finally flew! Now you are truly deserving of the title of royalty! And the portal! You closed it too? Excellent. You've grown strong Diego... And this is Melbu speaking. Kazas let me borrow his body for a while... Don't worry, he's in the sword. And princess Luna.... Yes you were still locked up in the moon while your sister tried having other ponies hunt me down.... We need to discuss that."" Melbu said.

( sorry I was away for so long.... I've had a hellish time in real life since my last post)

Vaas flew back once he heard Diego's threats. Walking out from the shadows with haunting red eyes glazing upon him, "Make the threats you want but I will complete my goal one way or another. I will free the suffering souls that are trapped in the underworld no pony will stop me from that! I will strike you down if you get in my path of my goal." Blue flames appearing around him as he approached Diego and Luna. "The oath hurts, but the fact that you will obey every command she gives makes me ashamed because i did the same once before all this started I was one of her top guards. Now look at me...the fallen champion, the corruption...the list goes on and on, but i won't change a thing because I swore to myself that I would defend the defenseless and stop anymore innocent souls  from entering the living hell known as the underworld." The area around him grew darker as he started to work himself into a rage. "Not all darkness is evil Diego and you knew that from day one! You knew I wanted somewhere I wanted to call home once again and now you turn your back on me and my ideas! You have fallen greatly since we first met I was going to give my life to keep you safe and help you find your family!" His blades started to glow red and green as he stopped in front of Diego and Kazas.   

Melbu, still in kazas's body, was slightly surprised that vaas had acess to blue flames. "" you have the power of the blue flames, and yet you are no pheonix lord.... Now that is interesting. And in case you are wondering... Kazas is not in control right now. He lent me his body for awhile. You know, you seem to start a lot of meaningless fights... And when they are meaningful, they are for all the wrong reasons.""

Melbu opened both of his claws and blue flames formed in his palms. "" these fires stem from the base emotions of wrath, hatred, and vengeance... Kazas cannot acess this fire, and hopefully he will never have to... Unless given a good reason. You claim yourself a fallen hero? That has some semblance of truth... And now it seems you, as I did, lived long enough to become the villan... I'll save my sad little cliche story. No point in telling it. All you need to know is that we are more alike than you think, dark one. And I don't think you should be starting a fight. You have a mission to complete. And so does my descendant and Diego and the rest of you. But... If you still want a battle before trying to make peace with my descendant and Diego, then I guess that is your choice. But keep in mind that I'm less forgiving than my descendant. That is not a threat, but a fact of my personality. Now will you go in peace? Battles with idiotic meanings are worthless.""

Melbu closed his/kazas's claws, snuffing the flame.