Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

Vaas stopped playing his music beginning to walk back to camp when he saw a pony flying from the camp, "Something just happen while I was away." He mumbled. Walking into camp he saw all the ponies gathered around talking about something that didn't perk his interest. Walking over to a shady spot taking a seat waiting for their next plan of action.

Maybe I should just unleash myself and take that village down myself while the others take down the necromancer, and after I'll take his soul and power so I can rise my defenders and take the village for myself. The cycle must continue even if I'm becoming the necromancer...all life must come to a end. Seem like I'll be the next target for another group to take down...until that day I will live the rest of my life building a safe heaven for others that seek to flee from the judgmental ponies in this world. I swear this on the fallen souls of my friends and loved ones, also on my good name... Insanity Vaas Redhoof! He thought to himself as he stared blankly at the forest.

The Jester grinned and nodded at Deigo. "You are thinking in the right path, laddie. You forget two things, though. First, it hurts our sense of honor- not that he deserves any- and second, we're supposed to bring him in ALIVE, not dead. Unfortunately." He winked and looked back.

White Rose looked towards Raze. "I trust in the Inquisitor's perception. But, even so, you're right. We need to be on the lookout for anything out of place." She turned towards Deigo. "I wish I could tell you about the leader of the resistance. But I cannot. He was, according to this, unable to make contact." She shrugged. "Or he could be lying. He's an inquisitor, Deigo, what do you expect? He looks down upon us as lessers. Maybe because we are to him."

The Jester grinned. "Have fun getting one to say that to your face."

"Be quiet. At any rate, we do need to get going and pack up." She noticed Vaas lurking in the shadow of the tree. "Shadow Seer... please see what's up with him."

Shadow Seer nodded and turned to him. Then he turned away. "No, my friend. I will not disturb him."

"Why?"

She looked at him and said loudly, "Come on, dear leader. Let us finish up our tent and load up."

White Rose, getting the gist, moved over to the tent and began to take it down. "Yes?" she whispered, shielding their minds from outsiders.

"You see... it's about Vaas' ambitions..,"

White Darkness smiled. "Hey, Raze. Before we head out, you want to duel again? I saw you training with Kazas yesterday. You seem to have gotten better."

((If you accept, have him underestimate his power at first, then start to pull out other tricks. :) ))

Diego rolled his eyes. "I never said that we should kill him," he replied. "That was your interpretation. In case you haven't noticed, I try not to use my magic to kill. I already killed far too many ponies with it to want to do that again. My plan was more to incapacitating him so that he can't fight. It's a shame about the resistance fighter, tho there might be ways and means to find out about him or her.

"As for caring about honour, forget it. The enemy won't be honourable, so why should we? I won't say anything against you ponies who stick to an honour code, but if I had done so all my life, I would have been assassinated long before now. I won't go into detail, just will say that when ponies are afraid of somepony, they prefer to sneak up on them while they are asleep, rather than meet them face to face."

Diego stopped there. He still was wary at revealing too much of himself, and it was extremely difficult for the chaos mage to shake off a lifetime of distrusting other ponies and being paranoid all in the space of a few days.

• Brohoof 1

Kazas started to pack up. He was listening to the others plans and deicided on his own input. " if the thing about the resistance leader is true, then I believe that we should try to meet with this person in an attempt to consolidate power. The more fighters we have, the faster we get this over with and the faster I can return to my family. However, the thing about night mobs concerns me. I don't think we should be outside when evening falls. I know we are all strong, but I don't want to risk any of us dying."

Kazas finished packing. He looked over at vaas. A cold chill ran up his spine, though he kept a casual look on his face. ' why... Do I get this sense of dread and sadness...? Has he allowed the evil to well up inside and take control... I feel a presence inside my head... And it's not simorgh.'

Kazas then spoke to the presence inside of his mind with his conciousness. ' be this shadow seer, vaas, or any other, stay out of my damn head. My thoughts are my own and I won't be read like an open book, you foolish intruder. Simorgh, block anything that tries to invade my mind and keep blocking until the mission is done. Some people can't respect a warrior's privacy. Purge the cretin from my mind.'

The sword began to glow. '" yes Kazas. It shall be done accordingly.'" Whatever was in kazas's mind was forced out, and couldn't get back in. All presences that tried to invade would now be repulsed by simorgh's spiritual power, and would be left with an agonizing headache to boot.

Kazas then said to the group " I'm ready to go whenever you are. Then witnessed raze get challenged to a duel.

" ha... The challenger has no damn idea..."

Vaas shook his head forgetting were he was, "How did I get here, and am I here?" Seeing Seer whispering something to White Rose. "Seems she learned something important must have been done when I was spacing out." Mumbling to himself. "I'll give her a lesson on reading my mind she won't soon forget..." A smile coming across his face.

Walking to his tent grabbing his things and jumping in a tree he turned to Diego throwing something at his feet. Nodding at him he disappeared into the forest. "I will find this village, kill the necromancer, and finally take his power! I will do this all before they even reach the village. Hopefully Diego will read that note and meet me near the village, so we can both leave this dreadful group to their honor code." Mumbling to himself as he leaped from tree to tree.

Stopping at a lake he noticed something felt off. Checking his surroundings he saw nothing just a lake. "Feels like somepony is watching me..." Holding out his hoof spirits stood in front of him waiting for their orders. "Scout the area and report to me our findings." Dipping his hoof in the water. The water rippled as his hoof hit the surface he looked at his reflection and noticed his face was cut up and dripping of blood he quickly touched his face finding no blood or cuts, "What the fuck is going on?!" Talking loudly. Noticing something in the water, "That can't be..." Grinding his teeth. "Seer..." Striking the water with his scythe and turning away waiting for his scouts to return.

Diego noticed the letter falling at his hooves; he whisked it away then walked to the edge of camp in order to read it in private. It was from Vaas, who obviously shared his views on honour. Maybe there was a use for it during a time of peace and harmony, but during this terrible time of plague and war, it had no place. He tucked the note away in a saddlebag and set off to meet Vaas at the place specified in the letter.

The chaos mage put a protection spell about himself before he left the camp, in order to fend off any threat that lay outside. The meeting place was just outside the village, in a copse of trees which looked blasted and as tho they had been hit by strong magic. Diego felt within himself an instinctive foreboding; not fear of what awaited himself and Vaas inside the village, but a strong feeling that his father had something to do with this whole business.

Since Diego had never met his father, who had left when he was born, he would not recognise him if they met. That made the possibility all the more terrible, but made him more determined than before that the necromancer would not die.

The Jester grinned. "You know that. I know that. My team knows that. But, you know, laddie, I'm not necessarily talking about me, you, or even my team. They get the job done. But I'm talking about that griffon the most, honestly." He looked up- to an empty clearing. "Oh crud." He walked over too the others. "Hey, anyone know where Deigo is? Or Vaas too, for that matter?"

Seer and White Rose exchanged dark glances, and Shadow Seer took off like a rocket into the woods. White shook her head. "This just got a lot more complicated," she murmured. Then, speaking up, she said, "Let's move out!"

White Darkness looked up at her yell. "Ah, well then. That's unfortunate." He nodded. "Later, perhaps?" He walked away towards the others.

Shadow Seer ran through the woods, destroying and countering any spell or spirit he met. This meant that the vast majority of Vaas' spirits came back to him as, "Target: Incomplete." He stopped himself, feet from a clearing, where Deigo and Vaas stood. He took a deep breath, steadied himself, then turned himself invisible and crept into a tree to eavesdrop.

Vaas turned to Diego, "Seems something is on your mind. Care to explain?" Sticking his scythe in the ground. "It's been awhile since we have talked my friend, but it seems a lot has change for the both of us." Holding out his hoof. "Let me say I'm happy you answered my note." Smiling at Diego.

A shiver went up his spine as spirits returned to him, "Somepony is near..." Looking around trying to spot anypony. "Diego if you could find our stalker I would like to talk to them." A flash of light coming from his eye. Grabbing his scythe he waited for the pony to come out of hiding. "Come now if you wish to talk we are willing to talk to you. We won't harm you." His grip tightening on the scythe. His eyes went black as he saw a picture of what was in the water, "Seer..." He mumbled. His eyes returning to normal leaning over to Diego, "Let's move but put something up that can trap whoever is following us. You know it's somepony from the group...like I said never trust them. They can't even leave us alone for five minutes. Oh yea i'm glad to hear you got letters from your family. I will make sure you will be able to see them you have my word." Whispering to him.

(edited)

Raze gave another smug grin.

"Alright, you're on. Again." He heard White Rose give the signal to move out. "But let's make it quick." He drew out his blades, and so did White Darkness, and both took fighting positions. They were silent for a while, but suddenly White Darkness charged at Raze; bringing his longsword down on him. Raze quickly dodged, and tried to cut White Darkness from the chest. But White was quicker, using his shortsword to stab at Raze's torso. Raze quickly dodged it at the last second. Pretty soon, White Darkness was swinging at him with quick and precise strikes, to which Raze was was trying his best to dodge.

I didn't think he'd be this fast! He thought, trying to evade White's blows.

He must have remembered from last fight that I try and strike first; now he's using my own strategy against me!

Raze felt himself stumble a bit, and he soon lost his footing. He hit the ground, and could see White Darkness about to end the fight, bringing the longsword down on him.

No, Raze thought. Not yet!

Focusing, he closed his eyes, and let his aura take hold of him, and then manipulated it, at the same time, using his control factor to make sure he had complete control of himself while in that state. White Darkness stopped a bit and was surprised-- he could see araze's eyes were now colored blood red.

Raze smiled to himself. Now!

He kicked White Darkness in the chin with both of his hooves, and quickly got himself back on his feet. While White Darkness was trying to recover from the kick, Raze used his blades to knock his opponent's longsword from his left hoof. White finally recovered, though he was still a bit dazed, and used his remaining sword to try and swing at Raze's throat. Raze quickly parried it with one sword, and using his increased strength, pushed and knocked the other sword out of White Darkness's other hoof. Now he was defenseless, and seeing that, put his hooves up in surrender.

Raze grinned again in victory, and put his blades away. "I guess this round goes to me."

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

White Darkness grunted as he stood up. "Yes, but I would rather think of blood magic- even in it's controlled form- as cheating. I'll have to keep that in mind when I do this next time, so that I might be able to perform some of my own tricks." He nodded. "Well, that was fun. We'll do it again sometimes." He walked along with the others, shaking his head for losing. That would have been death for him. Luckily, it wasn't, which is why he practiced. But even so... he'd fallen out of practice to be brought down by some weak magic. He'd have to practice more.

Shadow Seer thought about showing himself, and then stepped out, quietly and determined. "Hello, Vaas." He whispered softly. "I see that your ambitions have grown since last we talked. Should I be calling them evil now? Or should I be blaming the spirits inside of your bow?" He shook his head slowly. "Yet, I am not here to lecture you. I am here to wonder how you got Deigo here with you on your schemes." He nodded to Deigo.

((OOC: Confrontation One- Straight ahead!))

((Bah! derpy_emoticon1.png  :muffins: :muffins: ))

Edited by Thunder Knight
  • Brohoof 1

"Heh," Raze said as he stretched a bit. "Don't be so sore about losing. Besides, Kaz said I needed some time to master it, and this was the perfect opportunity."

After stretching, he packed his saddlebags, and was good to go. He ran a bit to catch up with the others, and once he did, slowed his pace.

Another long walk until we get to this "village" he thought while walking. I just hope it won't take as long as I think it would.

------------------------------------------

Unknown Forest, 1130 hours

About 3 hours after departure

------------------------------------------

Raze wiped a bit of sweat from his head. He looked at his map. They were now only five miles away from this village, and they finally could get this necromancer.

Almost there, Raze thought. Then we'll see if I really do make this out...

They were travelling through a thin part of the woods, the trees somewhat spaced out, and the ground rising up at various parts of the forest....

Suddenly, there was a loud screaming. Raze instinctively drew his blades out when he heard the noise.

"I'll check it out," he said, slowly walking in the direction of the noise. "White, you're with me."

Both White Darkness and White Rose exchanged looks, and looked at Raze in a confused manner.

He facehoofed. "I forgot there's two of you who both have 'White' in your name. White Rose, then. You're the leader of this whole thing, so you should probably check this out."

They both walked to where the noise came from, and Raze saw what made it first: a mare, lying on the ground, blood spilled everywhere. Her face was a mess, combined with both her own blood and dirt.

"Oh, boy..." Raze said, then heard another noise. A battle horn was heard, not too far from where they were at.

"Shit," he said, turning to White Rose. "We gotta go."

They turned to run back to the group, but stopped when they saw a bunch of ponies surrounding them from a distance on the higher ground. Bandits, from what Raze figured, according to their clothes and their looks. He counted at least forty of them stamding above them.

That's an abnormally large number for a travelling group of thieves. he thought. He took his swords out.

"We gotta get back to the group." he said to White. "We cut down enough to make an opening, then we make a run for it. Ready?"

The bandit ponies charged at them.

"Here we go..."

OCC: I'n hinting at a "Luke, I am your father" moment. XD

@,

Diego returned the hoofshake, and replied, "Ever since we arrived here, I had a weird feeling that I can't explain, that my father is behind this. I never met him; he left my mother when I was born and I couldn't possibly explain how I know this, but I know in my heart that it's true."

When Vaas spoke about eavesdroppers, Diego felt a flash of annoyance. He quietly set a spell that would be triggered by any pony who followed them to the village. It wasn't fatal, but wouldn't be much fun; it was in the spirit of a rope trap that would leave them dangling by one hoof upside down.

"I can also cast a spell that would render us inaudible to anypony listening in," he whispered to Vaas. When the eavesdropper revealed himself to be Shadow Seer, Diego scowled. Especially since Shadow Seer seemed to think that he somehow was tricked into following Vaas when in fact the two of them were much alike. Especially in their shared belief that sticking to honour codes in the face of such danger was a fool's game. He stood his ground, standing next to Vaas.

Vaas laughed at Seer, "My spirits have nothing to do with this I'm just trying to get this mission over with so I can continue my travels." Putting the scythe on his shoulder. "A better question why do you keep following me, and can you really trust the others?" A wicked smile appeared on vaas's face. Walking slowly rising his hoof, "Let's have a chat..." A shadow rushed Seer turning the surrounding area black. "We are alone now seer..." Vaas's voice coming all around seer. Shadows appeared in front of Seer, "Just think seer one mistake and they will have your head, but with us a mistake will never happen because everything is permitted." The shadows spoke as they walked around her. "Me and Diego may seem different then everypony else, but we were once like you until some form of corruption entered our life. Now we work with these dark forces to make us stronger and keep us alive to see a brighter tomorrow." A cold wind blows as vaas speaks. "Join us Seer! We are always looking for more." The shadows walking towards Seer.

((OOC: I was going for almost like a mind control, but mostly just Vaas's thoughts on making Seer join them.))

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

((How about a daemonic possesion? Give you something else to negotiate with that isn't my personality- instead, a personality that wants to give as little as possible to gain the most in the long run.))

Shadow Seer flinched as shadows began to consolidate around her. "Begone, traitor! Trouble me no longer!" She shot a beam of magic through one, and slashed another. She turned to destroy another shadow...

Then found herself staring at a huge shape peering out of the gloom.

"A daemon lord..." she whispered to yourself. "Vaas... what have you done?"

((I'll let you play the possessor, .))

The Jester heard the battle horn and ran towards it, sprinting ahead as fast as he could.

Which, being in his armor, was only about three miles per hour.

"Come on! Can't this thing go any faster?"

White Rose nodded and drew her two swords, bearing a large sun on one and a large moon on the other. She charged next to him, quickly slashing through one and into another. A large pony nearby- his eyes were covered- paled when he saw the inscriptions on the blades. White Rose fell another two and then prepared to charge out...

Edited by Thunder Knight

(edited)

Kazas was lagging behind the others to serve as a rear flank guard so no sneak attacks could be pulled from the back. He marched on, keeping vigilant of anything that moved. Kazas constantly had his claw on his sword's hilt, always ready for a preemptive strike, should one happen. Kazas took a water flask from his waist and took a swig as he thought about raze's duel. He smiled to himself and contemplated.

' that was a hell of a duel. Raze, you're gonna go far kid.... Now where the hell is vaas? I don't like him being out of my sights, now that he has a possibility of being.... Something else. He worries me. Maybe I should go and find him.....'

But Kazas couldn't simply abandon rear guard and leave it unchecked. He had his duty to make sure everyone stayed safe from sneak attacks. He looked over his shoulder and saw two ponies coming from behind. He turned his front to meet them. " good day, friends. I'm Kazas. I'm on important business here regarding the nearby village. Do you mind if I ask questions?"

One pulled out dual knives and the other pulled out a longsword. Kazas sighed. " so it's gonna be like that.... Very well. You will answer my questions, regardless of if you're willing or not."

The pony with the longsword charged in. He swung with a vertical overhead slash, hoping to cut Kazas in two. Kazas, obviously more experienced, stepped to the left and blocked the sword strike, sending the assailant reeling forward. Kazas then ran behind him and ducked under a horizontal slash. Kazas then slashed his stomach with his sword, and sent the attacker back. Kazas turned his back to the longsword user and faced the knife pony. Still talking to the big pony, he said. " you don't even know you are already dead."

The longsword user, holding his guts inside, scoffed. " ha, yeah right. You're full of shi-.... Gah my stomach... What the hell?!?!? Help me! I'm on fire!!!!!" He burst into flames, screaming in agony and writhed on the ground until a charred corpse remained.

Kazas was still eyeing the knife pony, a emerald green, velvet maned pony. He looked no more than 20.

" you.. You killed my brother..., you bastard!!!"

He charged Kazas, but to no avail. Kazas side stepped, and when that pony turned to bring his knife through kazas's face, he was met with his face being bashed in with the shield.

" da... Damn it! I won't forget this!" He yelled as he got up and ran away. Kazas unhooked his ball and chain. " you're not getting away from me!" Kazas yelled. He then swung it at the pony's legs and entangled him, tripping him. Kazas ran up and knocked him out with his shield. " like I said..... I have questions..... Be prepared for when you wake up." Kazas then started to drag the unconscious bandit with him, until he heard a war horn ahead.

" damn.... Oh well. Stay here. I'll be back."

Kazas then rushed to where raze was, and saw that he and the two white ponies were being surrounded. He rushed in to help. Kazas parried and slashed through multiple opponents to get to the surrounded group. He eventually joined them. " well this is a fine mess... Raze, let's show em what we can do!"

Edited by Dirge of souls

The chaos mage watched coldly as Vaas sent shadows around Shadow Seer. It was nothing more than an eavesdropper deserved, he thought, especially one who claimed to follow an honour code. Obviously it was one which could be manipulated as the pony who held it wished, meaning that they considered it more honourable to watch and spy, as long as it meant watching and spying on those they considered to be outcasts. Like himself and Vaas.

Diego cast a spell, his horn glowing. The spell contained all three of them in a shield, meaning that there would be no escape for the interloper. They would have no choice but to submit to whatever Vaas had planned. Diego knew too that his earlier spell would catch any other pony who was foolish to come and spy. As well as anypony who might be lurking around. Even at this moment, he had not forgotten the necromancer and the village ponies. Anypony might be lurking around in the wilderness, and it was just as important now as before to not be caught unaware.

(edited)

Vaas walked out of the darkness, but he seemed different. His eyes looked like if they could bring nightmares to life and his scythe was always leaving a blood trail or making a blood pool. As he walked a cloud of decay followed, "A daemon lord...No I'm death's most powerful reaper!" Multiple Vaas walked out of the darkness. "Don't fight us Seer just sit back and wait." The shadows grabbing her. "Now we must break your will...get her ready." All the Vaas's spoke at once. Chains started to form on her hoofs and the shadows started entering her body, "All is permitted...there is no honor in death." Everything speaking at once. All the Vaas's raised their hoofs and the darkness disappear. Seer was still in chains, but Diego could see what was happening now. He recalled all his clones, "Diego care to say some words to her to teach her about us and our struggles we had in life?" Lifting his hoof making the chains stick to the trees around. His looks returning to normal, but his powers still increasing.

((OOC: I think that could work, but I'm just going to add a little more before that or maybe after Pripyat and you post))

Edited by Plague Doctor
  • Brohoof 1

Diego walked up to Seer Shadow. "I doubt that there is anything I could say which could make this pony ever understand," he said. "I'm going to try, tho."

He put his face close to hers and continued. "Do you know how it feels to be outcast from pony society for something that isn't your fault? I know and Vaas knows. Even before I left school, ponies whispered behind my back and avoided me cuz I had a talent for something which is taboo in this world, cuz of what a chaos god like Discord did. You know how many ponies thought that I was somehow related or connected to Discord? Most of them, in fact. Only pony who had the courage to stand up for me and by me was Starfall, and she was forced to leave Equestria as a result, cuz she knew that nopony would accept her and our foal.

"The ponies, those of whom were still alive after what happened that night when I was driven to unleash the full fury of my chaos magic, would have tormented a newborn foal for no other reason than the fact that her father was outcast. That is why ponies like myself and Vaas have to work towards fixing things. Ponies that preach love and tolerance, and then do the opposite; they are what's really wrong."

• Brohoof 1

(OOC-Sorry I haven't posted in awhile been busy with school)

Animal and Judith were trotting through the forest when Animal caught something out of the corner of his eye. "Judith something is going on over there I am going to climb that tree and check it out." He climbed a nearby tree and he moved far enough to see what was going on. It looked as though Vaas and Diego were doing something to Shadow Seer. It looked like he was enveloped in a cloud of black smoke and was probably in trouble. Animal did not want to interfere so he stayed back. "Judith." He said as quietly with her still being able to hear him. "Vaas and Diego are doing something to Shadow Seer." He looked back at the scene about to unfold in front of him. He didn't know what was going down. "I know they are both good people, so why are they doing this to Shadow?" Animal said to himself. "The only way is to ask them. Hey Judith lets go talk to Vaas and Diego." Animal says to Judith. Animal jumps down from the tree into a bush. He then walks out of the bush. "Just saying now I am not here as an enemy guys. I don't want kill you or plot anything against you, but I am asking what are you doing to Shadow?" Animal said to Vaas and Diego.

Vaas's eyes quickly turning to Animal and Judith then looking at Diego with a sense of panic, "Seems we have more lurkers my friend..." Quickly turning to Animal and Judith his eyes started to turn black as shadows rushed after Animal and Judith. Once the darkness set in all three of the ponies were next to each other. "I think Seer has something to tell you two." A laughter tone to his voice. A twisting black mist moved around Diego's head, "I'll make sure they forget what they saw here except Seer...she could be useful to us..." The mist returned to the darkness.

I think it's time to separate them...makes it easier to break each of their wills...I will start with Animal since he was the one to discover us after Seer.  He thought.

Shadows ponies soon walked out of the darkness, "It's good to see you again Seer and nice chains you have." The shadows laughed at Seer's suffering. The shadows turned to Animal, "Your time has come Animal. All is permitted...there is no honor in death." The shadows walking towards Animal. Chilling winds blew as a voice talked out of the darkness, "Don't fight us Animal just accept your fate for spying on us."

(edited)

Raze quickly cut down three bandits with his swords, but he saw more coming down the hills. He quickened the pace of his running, and charged into two more, tackling them with brute force. He then saw something fly past him, hitting a tree. The bandits were using bows to try and stop him.

Ah, crap! he thought. But he manage to narrowly escape the archers, following White Rose back to the group.

"After them!" he heard one of the bandits yell, and they charged, following Raze and White.

"Keep running! They're trying to tail us back to the others!" Raze yelled to White. She turned around to reply, but a bandit came out of hiding from the trees, carrying a club and an axe in both hands.

"WATCH OUT!" Raze shouted. White quickly turned her head around, but the bandit pony swung the club at her chest, knocking the wind out of her, and putting her on the ground. The bandit was on top of her, ready to strike with his axe, but was interrupted by a thrown sword which plunged deep into his chest. Raze managed to stop the bandit at the last second by throwing his blade at the pony's chest. The bandit stared at it for a while in shock, until he looked up and saw Raze charging at him. Raze swung his other sword at the bandit's throat, quickly decapitating his head. Blood was pouring out from the stump that used to be where the bandit's head was, then the corpse slowly fell to the ground.

Raze checked on White Rose, who was still lying on the ground.

"Are you okay? Any broken bones?" he said, feeling White's chest to check for any injury. Then he looked at the bandits running towards him.

"There's no time. I'm gonna have to carry you!" He picked up White, propped her on his back, then kept running.

Shadow stepped back. "Yes... I know how it is to feel rejected. It's quite a familiar feeling. But I did not wallow in it, and I did not choose to become something evil and demented off of it. Which is more- a lot more- I can say for Vaas." She turned her glare from Diego and Vaas. "You summon an entity of pure evil, and expect to not be corrupted? That's the logic of a fool, Vaas. But of course," she said, cutting him off. "You will say that you are already corrupted, albiet unwillingly." She drew both of her swords and readied a counterspell towards the being that was still transitioning into exsistence. "The daemon dies first... then you."

As it's transition into real space became completed, the daemon lord surveyed the crowd before it. There was it's summoner, an assistant, and two others- one trapped in shadow, and the ot- ouch. Daemontouched, eh? It's head will make a brilliant addition to its wall.

This daemon lord- Resh, as he was known to ponies- was, coincidentally, a daemon lord the had been banished to Tartarus by an earlier version of the Daemontouched, 100 years ago. In fact, by one of Shadow Seer's predecessors- the garb for the head of mages changed very little- not mentioning the fact that it's eyesight wasn't that good considering it had just entered real space. So, as you see, it had quite the grudge against the Daemontouched, actually, and especially against Shadow Seer. Grinning a hideous grin, the creature stepped fowards- and dissloved into mist, surrounding Shadow Seer and forcing it's way into his body- although Shadow Seer was forcing him out everywhere he went in.

With the daemon prince coming into full reality so close, all three of the other Daemontouched were able to get a pinpoint on EXACTLY where it was, as well as an obligation to send it back where it came from. So, simultaneously- with White Rose pulling Raze along, putting up a magical shield to stop the pursuers- they all charged as hard as they could towards it, meeting on the outskirts of the clearing.

(edited)

Raze saw that the Jester was heading in their direction. Breathing a sigh of relief, he shouted to the Jester.

"Hey, Cannonback! I need you to keep our 'friends' busy while I get White back and warn the group. Go!"

He ran faster, trying to keep White steady on his back, and managed to get back to everypony else.

"Hey! Don't just stand there, we got comp--"

Before he could finish his sentence, he saw a dark, shadow surrounding Vaas. He could feel an evil presence coming from the shadow.

Raze glared at Vaas. "What the hell did you do while I was gone?" he said, drawing out his power in case Vaas tried to do something that threatened his life. He gently set White Rose down on the ground, who was now able to walk.

Dammit, I knew I couldn't trust him! Raze thought. I should have killed this pony when I was still insane and bloodthirsty!

He then drew out his swords again, and looked at Shadow Seer.

"What in the living hell did he do when I was away investigating the noise with White?" he said. "Don't tell me you had something to do with this..."

Vaas noticed that all the ponies gathered,"Diego I think this is where we say goodbye..." A sadness in his voice. "Seer you will break at my hands!" The mist moved towards her going inside her body. "You will be broken when I'm finished with my task." Moving up to the brain he rised his hoof and began to make her relive her worst nightmares and witness her own death over and over again.

I will deal with the others later my main focus is this mage. She doomed us both, but Diego will return to his family. I promise you Diego nothing bad will happen to you, but if i'm killed in battle please bury me somewhere snowy... A tear fell from his eye but quickly turned into rage.

"Seem your goal is complete seer...my death is coming soon now, and now I wouldn't be able to gain that power. If I'm going down at least one other pony is coming with me! I think I know who is coming with me...." Making her look at Raze. "My old friend Raze. He will spend ten years in darkness! I wish this could of ended differently, but seems the cards weren't in my favor this time."

Diego nodded, his face set and suppressing emotion, something which he'd learned to do over the years. "I will," he replied. "Maybe up in the mountains, near where the griffons live. I believe they practice sky burial, but this will be different if you wish."

He was upset over the impending death of Vaas, who he'd counted as a friend, but still remembered to cast a protective spell to enfold the entire company, just in case of nearby ponies who might want to take advantage of the situation and attack. The day was drawing to a close and he remembered what he had been told about the roaming gangs of bandit ponies, even if nopony else did.

All he'd ever wanted was to be judged on his own merits and not on his talent, and not be spied on or condemned without a hearing. What was happening now was a destruction of everything, perhaps even the mission. But no. Whatever happened as a result of this, Diego vowed that he at least even if nopony would come with him would go and confront the necromancer and bring him back to Canterlot to face justice.