Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

Vaas sighed letting down his gaurd, "Seer my reason to fight has disappeared. I don't even want to attack this village anymore." Dragging his hoofs. "I'm just a body waiting for somepony to defeat me so I can pass overto the underworld." Looking at the trees around him. "To lose my whole past because of one damned bird building a strong hatred against all griffons." Grazing at Kazas with vengeance in his eyes. "My future is already doomed so there is no hope for me after this mission." Looking to Seer. "Forgive me for spilling my troubles onto to you but I just need to speak with somepony other then fiddlesticks and Resh. I haven't let my gaurd down this whole time and now my walls are breaking down." Shaking his head slightly. "My inner fire is almost burned out and this weight is getting heavier every moment we get closer to the village. I'm starting to think about disappearing before the fight between us and the necromancer ends. I know after this mission I will be hunted down or be put in a prison." A feeling of lost hope coming off from him. "I'm not one for running away but I rather fight on my grounds then be locked in a cell. Prison will push me over the edge and I know I always have my "Final plan."" A small smile appearing on his face.

Kazas was slightly agitated, but respected Diego's deicision. " very well. I can accept that. But at least promise me one thing; you'll try flying someday. Well, I'm off to scout the village. I'll stick to the clouds so that I'm not spotted. I will return in at least 30 minutes... An hour if there are major details to study up on. I'll see you all shortly. Wish me luck!" With this, Kazas flew off towards the village to complete his goal.

As he flew, he thought about things so far. ' so far so good... My past self managed to keep a good relationship with most of the others in the group. And that bloody battle... That must never happen again... I don't want to become a monster like that... That isn't me. Not anymore. I have a lot to atone for. I can feel it. And by the all~maker, I will!" Kaz flew with absolute haste until the village came into view. Everything around it was deicimated. The village itself, however, was in pristine condition. " what in the world.... That's not right... That can't be right...." Kazas stuck to the clouds above the village and watched. The place in question was a moderately sized village, which could probably hold anywhere to 250 to 300 inhabitants. He noticed 12 stakes planted in the ground around the village. He studied closer. Citizens appeared to be living life normally. There were very few guards. And the south wall of the city was weakened apparently, and In disrepair. The guards seemed lazy, as Kazas saw one sleeping. " 20 guards... North wall, where the gate is. 12 on east and west wall... With a sewage pipe leading into the east wall... South wall, almost destroyed... 50+ guards... Central hall is not very well guarded, approximately 10 guards walking around that area... Hmmm... That pipe..." Kazas jotted down all of the information on a piece of paper. He then waited to see if anything was out of the ordnairy.

1 hour later

------------------------------------

" hmmm... Guard shifts change every hour... They rotate and guard another wall of the city at diffrent times, it seems... It takes 10 minutes for them to take positions.... Aside from that... Life seems pretty normal here..." Kazas flew from the clouds that he hid around, and flew back to the others. It would take him awhile, but he would be back soon

Shadow Seer sighed. "I... I'm sorry you feel this way." She shook her head slowly. "But let it be known thus: You are more than what you have done in the past... you are what you are in the future..." She smiled. "If you want to talk, I'll listen. And I will suggest to you once again what I have before..." Her smile faded a little bit, and she shook her head. "You are a good soul, Vaas... I can see it in you. But that good nature is slowly being crushed and perverted by what is haunting you. Let it go, and you might find meaning to life once again."

White Rose continued to walk, thinking on Shadow's words. I guess the same thing could be said for all of us. Which could be why the Councils of Flame and Water remove the memories from their leaders.

Thinking now, aren't we? Took you long enough.

No, that's why I'm trying to get some peace and quiet in my mind. Shut up and go away right now, Ikxom. Go bother Raze for a while or something.

Fine.

Ixkom proceeded to do just that, creating a buzzing sound in the back of Raze's mind. Not loud enough to draw his attention to him too suddenly, but just enough to annoy him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Vaas sighed, "You know I will be placed in a jail for my crimes. I rather go out in a blaze of madness then rot in a prison like a rat that was cursed from existence." Rubbing his hoof into the ground. "Goodness still is inside of me, but its dying off because of the betrayal White did to me." A small pulse of rage pumped into his body. "You want to know what happen to Ice-born and how Fiddlesticks truely came to this world?" Looking at her with a cold expression. "Before you answer let me just say this...she is the one that changed me into this rage driven killer, also I could of unleashed more demons into this world...Fiddlesticks is only one of many high ranking demons. He isn't even my true master. I think you heard of a legend of the demon called "Summoner." A chill running up his back and expression of fear overcame him. "Forget I said anything about it. I'm crossing my own barriers with the demons. No pony should have to face it." His blades making a screaming noise.

Grabbing his blades he showed them to Seer, "These blades are special to me because they both fit with my history. This one that has jagged edge with the cuts between each jag is called "Revenge" and his twin sister is called "Fury" because she was made to kill the target with much bloodshed as possible." Putting them back on his back he walked with Seer.

Edited by Plague Doctor

Diego replied to Jester, "Again, that comes from having wings all your life. I guess I might try to fly sometime, but preferably at a time when we're not in mortal danger. I'd like to try my wings out gradually, and try and get used to having them before I venture into the air."

He was starting to feel as tho he wanted to attack the village as well from the front so he understood how the likes of Vaas and Jester felt, but in his heart he knew it would be folly. The necromancer had in all likelihood prepared for such an eventualality and it would be a poor end to such a carefully planned mission if they all were to die in a moment. Far better to plan a more stealthly attack and to have a greater chance of success.

Diego felt sorry for Vaas, but could see no way at all to help him. Of course, if Vaas asked it of him, he would do his best with a chaos spell to help the pony, perhaps try and rid him of the enslavement to misery but obviously he wouldn't do it unless he was asked. Perhaps Vaas would even try to take his own life. His life had been saved three times, but sometimes, a pony came to the point where he felt that there was no point in even trying any more. Diego had come to that point before in his life, but each time the thought of Starfall and their foal, even tho back then they had been lost to him, had drawn him back from the brink.

Shadow eyebrows rose. "You are in league with the Summoner, unwillingly or no?" She said quietly. Her mouth curved in a half-smile "Well... I believe I might be able to fix that. You see, I have heard of the Summoner numerous times. I've treated many of his victims. One of my predecessors dealt with him a few hundred years ago. This is the proof I need to have my council start scanning for abnormal energy signatures..." Her half smile turned into a full smile. "I now officially have a case to protect you. As long as you do not attack us, and we kill you in self defense or otherwise, they have to try you before they throw you in jail. And I can be- and probably be- called upon as a witness. And I can say directly to that Inquisition judge what happened here. They can examine my words for truthfulness. And, as long as I can remove you problems... they have no reason to do anything. You can live out the rest of your life in peace and quiet... or continue a mercenary life. It's your choice." She shrugged. "Honestly, I've come to like you and respect your power. Perhaps with some training..." She smiled as she thought of Vaas on the Path of Water. "But now I'm rambling on." She shook her head and took a look at the blades. "These are of master craftsmanship..."

Vaas could feel a sharp knife againist his throat, "Don't tell them anything about the league just reject her offer and no harm will be done to you or her. Don't worry she wont be able to see me only you can."

His eyes wided, "Let's not talk about Summoner or the league." Trying not to move his head. 

"Good now shut the fuck about the boss or the league. Next time your a deadpony." The strange pony disappearing in a heartbeat.

Letting out a sigh of relief, "I don't think I can accept your offer and all the other stuff is nice, but I can't leave my fate in the hoofs of a judge or Celestia. You got to understand dying in a prison is a worse fate than dying by choking on a cupcake in the underworld." Shaking his head.

"Before I get side tracked these blades were made from the underworld blacksmiths and contain some of my powers from when I was Ice-born. The power infused in the blades are very unique. Revenge contains the power to spread the plague when the blade makes contact with the target's flesh, and Fury contains the power which I like to call Window maker which does when this blade meets with flesh for every one slice or stab I do two invisible blade stab or slice into the target."  Looking forward into the forest with a smile.

Shadow Seer's smile faded away to almost nothing as something happened. She could see it, but she sure could sense it. And she knew she was right, as she saw Vaas stiffen his head. But what was it... a daemon, perhaps? So that was it. These daemons would kill him if she tried anything. For now, there was one solution. To wait. If they had to kill him first, then they had to kill them, but the moment the Tartarus rift was gone... all they had to do is purge the daemon, maybe with a skintight protection spell to help protect against retaliation. But until then... She decided not to tell the others about it. It would only lower his trust.

She took a closer look at the blades and saw one streaming poison, while the other had what appeared to be two retractable blades inside of it. She smiled. Master craftsmanship indeed. Even if these daemons were evil, they definitely knew how to arm their pawns. She sighed and walked in silence for a little while. "Alright then... I'll stop talking about it." She then stiffened up herself as she felt a presence come near her...

Resh came gliding along with Fiddlesticks, back to Vaas. He stopped about a foot in front of him and bowed deeply. "What do you want, Oh Great One?" He straightened up, smirking.

Just then Raze heard a buzzing noise coming from inside his mind, but he didn't know it. Looking around, he tried to find whatever thing was making such a noise, but he couldn't. He then realized that it was indeed coming from inside of his mind. He thought it was R, but the buzzing didn't sound like him. And there was only one other thing--or telepathic demon-- that could do such a thing...

Let me guess... Ix, am I right? And I'm assuming White Rose sent you?

The buzzing stopped as if to respond 'yes'.

Raze smirked and looked at White. "You know, White, I'm not easily annoyed as you may think, but I admire you for trying."

He laughed a bit, and gave White Rose a friendly, light punch on the shoulder, and kept walking.

-----------------------------

Elsewhere.....

-----------------------------

A tall, well built, unicorn colt was admiring the view from his bedroom. He had a dark blue coat and a black mane. His Mark: a wizard's staff. If you knew what he really did for a living, you probably wouldn't expect him to look like what was described....

While watching the sky, he saw something peculiar. Even if it was hard to see, it was there... a griffon flying around the area of which he was in, almost as if he was monitoring the place....

Someone came inside, a male pegasus-- the unicorn's servant-- obviously noticing the griffon and looking concerned about it. The unicorn knew. Concern was written all over his face.

Without turning around, the unicorn sighed, and gave a small smile. "I assume you're here because of the griffon in the sky?"

The pegasus answered him. "Y-yes. What should we do about it?"

The unicorn laughed. "Let him fly around our village. There's nothing against flying here, is there? It's his right, after all..."

The pegasus gave a confused look. "Lord Ivo, it seems to me that he is waiting to attack us.. Doesn't that bother you for one minute?"

Ignoring the question, the unicorn--Ivo-- asked the pegasus something instead. "Look closer, young pegasus. He is not going to attack us, rather he is scouting the area. Tell me, why would someone such as himself scout our village?"

The pegasus thought about it, then answered him. "He'll be reporting back to a group?"

"Exactly."

The pegasus then understood why he did not want to do anything... for the moment. "What would be your course of action?"

Ivo gave a small but wicked smile. "I will toy with them, make them believe we are of no harm.... and strike them when they least expect it."

• Brohoof 1

Kazas flew back with all haste and returned to the group within 45 minutes. He landed near them and started to give out his information.

" listen up, every pony! I have information regarding this village! 12 stakes, just outside of the village. Everything looks decayed and rotten around the village, but everything inside of the stakes looks normal. 20 guards guard the north wall and the gate. 15 guards on the east and west walls, with a sewage pipe leading into the east wall. The south wall is almost in ruins, but is also the most heavily guarded, with 50+ on that wall. A perfect shot for cannonback if things go amiss." Kazas looked at the jester and smiled. " finally, 10 guards around central hall. Guard shifts end every hour on one wall and they take ten minutes to rotate and get in positions, leaving a window of oppritunity. I saw no sign of a resistance camp. Barracks will more than likely contain more guards. I don't know if I was spotted or not. I did catch sight of an excessively tall, blue colt coming out of the veranda of the town hall. I suspect he is their leader. After all of that, village life seems unusually normal.... Like no one has seen the despair outside of their village... Also, I saw no archers. Mostly swordsman and a few spear wielders. Anyone have a course of action?"

White looked at Raze oddly, then smiled. "You know, Ixkom, I didn't mean that literally."

What do you mean? I'm innocent, I tell you! Innocent!

She laughed and shook her head. "Whatever."

Her attention turned to Kazas as he landed and gave his report. She frowned. "That seems quite different from the report that Inquisitor Crypt gave us..." She shrugged. "I go with the most recent information. I say that we continue with our original plan."

The Jester grinned. "Aye! And I can blow up a wall if everything goes wrong!"

White Darkness shook his head and sighed.

Inquisitor Crypt stood in the alleyway- or, contiuned to stand. These rebels were quite disorganized, but rebels will be rebels. Eventually, he gave up on the fact that they would come, and peered out of the alley. Life seemed pretty normal around here. It certainly looked different than when he was here last.

"Ahem."

He turned around to face a grey unicorn with a patch over one eye. "Hello," Moon Crypt said warily.

"Hello," the unicorn returned. "I'm glad that this isn't just yet another trap by the others. Follow me... our leader is quite interested to talk to you." He disappeared down a side alley. Moon Crypt, smiling, followed. But something in his head said that it wasn't quite right...

He had entered a doorway. That was the last thing he had remembered before blacking out. Five guards had ambushed him from the other side. He had succedded in killing one and wounding another when he was hit on the back of the head and rendered unconscious...

(Dun dun duun! Don't worry, Raze and I have got this.)

Vaas sighed, "Not much of a fight...well let's get this over with." Looking up to see Resh and Fiddlesticks. "No time for your jokes Resh we have to prepare for the onslaught of this village. Start preparing the Ritual these souls will be helpful in the coming future." Turning to Seer. "Seems our final hour has come. I would suggest saying your possible last words." A calming vibe coming off of him. "Have you ever heard the expression...the calm before the storm? I can't explain it but this feel like my paradise." Letting a smile spread across his face. "This my be our last chat and let me say I think your the one I would call a friend. I enjoyed your company and you always listen to what i had to say even if I tried to corrupt your mind. I'm glad I had a chance to meet you. If we do live past this you can count on me to fight on your side when ever needed. We all need somepony to fall down the ring of fire with." Looking at her with a giant smile. Feeling peace around he felt almost like normal again. Bowing in front of her he stood up with a tame expression. 

Kazas waited for the plan. " by the way, I will not take a life. I will knockout and even incapacitate, but I won't slay somepony unless there is no other way. I'm not a bloodthirsty monster... If I have the power of healing like raze has said, then my job is to give and preserve life not take it... Now you can kill anyone who attacks you, but if you kill someone who I leave unable to fight mercilessly, then we'll have a serious problem. This is my act of atonement, and I will see it through. And you... Vaas..." He eyed the pony. " I can't exactly remember every single reason we fought... Nor can I remember many things about you... But all I know is this; I am a completely new being. Neither am I Kazas, although I still go by that name, and neither am I simorgh, the great pheonix. Can I be blamed for the things I've done in the past? Absolutely. Am I trying make up for any and all possible sadness and destruction I have wrought? Yes I am... For all the hell that we've put each other through, lets just forgive... Though I don't know if you can forget, as I have. All I know is this; move forward unhaunted by the past, and move forward by your volition and yours alone. Let no one control your fate... Mortal, or otherwise... Basically.. What I'm trying to say is... I apologize. For whatever it's worth." Kazas walked toward the pony and extended his claw. " let us put our differences aside. When this is done... If you still have animosity towards me and wish to end my life, then it will be the final conflict between us."

Vaas closed his eyes and took a deep breath turning to Kazas, "You think a few words of forgiveness will fix the wounds between us? No these wounds are to deep and too infected." Opening his eyes staring him dead in the eyes. "You're the reason I don't have a meaning in this life anymore!" Rage starting to pump throughout his body. "Whoever told you about the last fight didn't even know the truth of the fight! Half of these fights I don't even start! I was changing into Ice-born when you decided to attack me, and I was encasing you in ice to calm you down when you went mad." His vein turning bright crimson. "You took my scythe from me trying to cleanse the souls within and that's when I went berserk. I was only trying to calm you down, but you forced me to fight!" A reddish mist coming off his body. "You killed everything that kept me moving forward! Now it's hard for me to find a reason to fight anymore! I don't even understand why I keep moving forward my life means nothing anymore...I'm just a pony waiting to die..." All the rage fading from his body being replaced with a coldness. "Just get me when we start our assault on the village..." Walking away from the group he sat under a tree looking to the sky.

Kazas looked at vaas, and turned away, remembering that two souls went back into vaas's body. He whispered under his breath. " but I did not take everything..... He still has what is most important inside of him... I left him with that much..." He yelled his final words to vaas. " while I don't know what the hell caused me to do what I did, think of what would have happened! You wouldve gone absolutely mad and would have killed us all! I cleansed that accursed weapon because it was of great impurity! How could you say that you live for something that only caused you immense pain and subverted your free will! I did what I thought would truly help you! And yet, you still walk the path of self destruction! You know what vaas? Very well! Live your life in sadness, if that's what you truly want. I'm done trying to help you after so many attempts. I brought you back from the brink of death three times! What you don't understand is that no pony or griffon can enjoy life enslaved by their own sadness, nor can they enjoy life enslaved to a bunch of corrupt souls who had their chance and ultimately failed the all-maker's test! You honestly think you can live like that?... I tried and tried to get you to stop it, and in the end, you walked the path of a demon. You forged your path for yourself. Now you walk it... And besides whatever you believe, you still have what's most important inside you, and you don't even know it yet. I had planned to do something so life consuming for you... That I would either be placed in a coma, or worse; even dead. And I'm still willing to do it after this is all over if you just give me a chance. After we fought... I saw TWO souls go into your body... Guess who else is in there with you?"

Vaas glow returned to him in greater strength, "Have you ever thought maybe I wanted to stay dead?" Shaking his head. "Those two soul was mine and Fiddlesticks. Did you think Winter was with me? No she is in a better place now. You forgot I had a family once and you murder her, me, and everyone that once lived in my village. You have the blood of my village on your claws too." Reaching for his blade, but slowly lowering them as he looked to Seer. "Listen Kazas, you think you are helping me but you are fueling me with more hatred and rage towards you. Let me ask you something a little personal...Could you go on with knowing everything that you loved and cared for will die in a matter of seconds?" Fiddlesticks and Resh appearing next him. "I would suffer being burnt alive if it meant i could see my village and loved one live again. The demons gave me hope in a future where they could live once again, but you ruined it when you destroyed my scythe." His mane turning into flames.

"He may seem dark and evil, but he is really a good pony trying to save his home. Now that all the souls are gone his dream can't be complete...thanks to you Kazas, and I was the other spirit that joined him. Winter is no longer with him or this world." Disappearing into him.

Resh stared at Kazas, "He didn't attack your village when he had the chance. He could of shown you that same suffering he was dealing with, but no he was to kind to you. If I was him your village would be in ashes and your family would be my slaves or killing them in front of you." Disappearing into him.

" and in the end, we are all judged by the all maker. I have no blood on my claws for what YOU did. YOU took the lives of your loved ones, not me. YOU wouldn't let them pass on to the other side, WHERE THEY BELONGED. You subjugated them for your own gain. And you know that I would've given my life for my village. There's no way in Tartarus that I'd let you lay a harmful hoof on anyone. I may have a lot of guilt for my own past, but I can accept none for your own. You chose. And in the end, the fruits of your choice were rotten to the core... Some of my choices, I realize, were also rotten. But atleast I live to make up for what all I've done, even though I have almost no memory of it. This conversation is over. My battle with you is done and resolved because I'm able to let go of the past. You dwell on it. I recommend that you change your ways so you can join winter and the all-maker in the heavens, or be eternally seperated by your own damnation. I care not. I'm now officially done trying to help you. I'm done. I'll continue on with this mission, and then when it's done, I'm going to heal everyone I can, and then go home. this conversation is over."

Kazas turned his back to vaas, and walked away, completely calm and collected. He went over to jester, and introduced himself, claws extended. " well... We met before... So I guess no need for introductions.... Just shake my claw. I regain memories associated with others by making physical contact with others."

Vaas blood boiled as he walked away, "Keep telling yourself that Kazas your death will come soon enough. Everything you once loved will burn everything will be painted with the crimson flames of my rage. You will never fully understand what you did to me that day. You crossed paths will a pony that will haunt you forever even in death I will hurt your future. You did murder my village even if you don't want to claim it, but I will have the blood of yours soon." speaking to him as he stared insanely at him with a dark expression on his face.

Vaas turned to White, "Point me to the village now." Showing no signs of caring if he died attacking the village alone.

Resh and Fiddlesticks get the portal ready. This village will burn and then we attack that fucking birds village! I will cut his whole family up and send their souls to the Underworld to be tortured for eternally! I don't give a fuck if i die to Kazas as long as his family dies! Blood will be spilled and his wife will die in front of him. This is why you don't mess with a pony that has nothing to lose anymore. Send a message to the league seeing if they would send troops to help assault the griffon empire. My awaking starts now! No more fucking games! I want that bird's head! I want to rip his heart out! Speaking within his mind.

((Ooc: I cannot allow you to teleport to the village PD.))

Raze sighed as he tried to interrupt their argument. 

"Hey. Both of you need to calm down, and stop bickering at each other. Please, for the sake of the mission."

He looked at Vaas, who looked liked he was about to teleport to the village. "And NO TELEPORTING. This is the third time I'm saying this: we need to take it slow and steady."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another one of Ivo's servants came to him. "Sir, I don't mean to interrupt whatever it is you're doing, but it seems that one of our guards has captured someone."

Ivo smiled at the sound of this. "Very well. I'll meet him in person. Where is he?"

"Down in the dungeon, my lord."

The servant escorted Ivo down to the dungeon, where he found Inquisitor Crypt in chains, to which he gave a wicked grin.

"Well, well, well... I didn't know the Inquisition served as spies for Celestia as well.... that manic, banana-snarfing, excuse for a princess...." Ivo almost lost his calm at the thought of Celestia, but quickly regained his composure.

"Nevermind that then... for what reason are you trespassing into my village?"

Diego listened to the exchange feeling angry. Why couldn't Vaas just let it go? The mission was what mattered now, not personal revenges. Also, he seemed to have forgotten that Diego's loved ones lived in Kaza's village... Diego felt that he would rather Vaas die, than lose Starfall and Glory once again. And this was from a pony who felt that he would rather not ever take a life again.

"I wouldn't teleport into the village, if I were you," Diego pointed out. "The worst thing we could do now is underestimate our enemy. We don't know what intelligence he's gathered, what spies he's sent out and what, if anything, he knows about us. If any of us teleported straight into the village, they could end up dead on the spot without a doubt. Maybe we ought to split into groups and enter the village at different points. As I pointed out before, a group like us will only attract comment."

Diego again experimentally extended a wing, but hurriedly returned it to its place against his side when he felt a slight lightness around it. Didn't matter what anypony said, he would never be a flier.

• Brohoof 1

Moon Crypt smiled. "I was told of some kind of banana sale here..." He said, grinning. His jokes got him belted across the face, reopening his scar and causing a blue-tinted blood to start to flow. "Well, technically, I serve Luna, but that doesn't matter. The Inquisition is the Inquisition. I was here to investigate a Tartarus rift, and I didn't think that you would be very welcoming of the Inquisition here... so I did what I did."

The Jester regarded Kazas, then reached out, took off his right armored boot, and shook it with Kazas. Then he put his boot back on. He smiled. "Memories back? Good. We need to get going."

White Rose glared at Vaas. "I'm not sure that that's such a good idea..." she said, thinking aloud. She shook her head. "Come on, guys."

White Darkness glanced at White Rose, then sidled against the tree.

Shadow Seer sighed. Without noticing it, tears began to form in her eyes. And then Kazas meets Vaas, she thought. As long as one meets the other, we will never have any hope of recovery.

Resh smiled. "There is one problem. While I can indeed open a portal, I cannot summon troops until we have more power... and this means that the rift must be opened." He winced as e suggested that he was weak. "Most of my essence is still in Tartarus... I am but a shadow of a shadow of what I could be."

"Tartarus rift?" Ivo laughed loudly. "I assure you, you'll find no such thing of that sort anywhere near our village. We are villagers, not demon harbingers... well, for the most part."

He walked towards Moon Crypt, and stared at him dead in the eye. "Do you know who I really am? Not only am I the keeper of this village, but I am also something far more.... darker." He looked at a couple guards. "Bring me a corpse."

The guards did as they were asked, and soon brought a fresh corpse, a young, mare, earth pony which they laid down in front of Moon Crypt. Ivo walked towards it, and put his hoof on the corpse's head. At first, nothing happened. But then, the corpse started shaking violently and abruptly, almost looking like it was being shocked by lightning. After a minute, it became still once more. Then suddenly, the corpse awoke, gasping for air. 

Moon Crypt was not all that surprised about this, and Ivo knew why. As the guards escorted the reborn earth pony out of the dungeon, Ivo gave a small smile.

"You already knew, huh? Yes, that is right. I'm a necromancer, and the place you are in..." He held his hoofs up. "... Is my home. Now, I don't like when people invade my home, because it's rather... rude. And when ponies do rude things to other ponies..." Ivo's smile was now a wicked grin. "... They need to be punished." He turned to one of the guards. "Gut him open like a fish and hang him from his entrails." The guards obeyed, and got ready to do so, one of them getting a dagger from his belt.

The Inquisitor smiled. "Oh, my dear... Ivo, is it? You certainly don't do your history lessons on where you decide to live." He stretched as he eyed the dagger being drawn. "Unfortunately, I cannot allow myself to be dissected, no matter how much you want to do that to a changeling." He stretched again- and this time he got it- a device he had created that would shatter materials by sending out a near-silent sonic pulse. He dropped it from his behind his head, the device flashing. He smiled and nodded. "Gentlecolts." The restraints blew up, causing lots of smoke and dust to come up from the dungeon floor. When it cleared... he was gone.

Luckily, he was able to put the new invisibility to device to good use. It was a prototype, sure, and it only lastd a few seconds, but that was all he needed. As soon as he was out of sight, he disguised as a prison guard and promptly joined the herd of guards that had come running at the swoosh (one of them said it was a bang). With the necromancer raging and cursing, he couldn't help but grinning under his disguise. He was inside the system.

(Sorry about OP'd escape, if indeed it was.)

(edited)

" ahhh so you are indeed the one that I shared drinks with. Thanks again for the mended rib and the scabbard, by the way." Kazas said, smiling at jester. " and it probably is ideal that we get started. I'll be ready to go as soon as everyone else is. If I'm needed, I'll be on a rock, as usual. Hopefully an Ursa doesn't come out and smack me into a tree again..." He gave a small chuckle. He walked to a boulder, and started to sit on it. He contemplated about the current events.

' so.... Vaas does indeed hate me and everything I love and stand for... Sad. I feel my animosity for him disappearing for unknown reasons... But then again, I must remain wary around him. I know that he'll try to take my life again, eventually... And this time, my body can handle the pressure of the power... Hopefully.'

Just then, something flashed through kazas's mind. It wasn't a memory... It was a presence. Kazas grabbed his head and groaned slightly. It was otherworldly. And very evil at that. He saw himself on a mountain... Smiling... He held the decapitated head of a griffon with a crown... It was empoeror doel. Black and blue flames were coming out from his body, and the sky was blood red. He then heard the presence speak... It was extremely diffrent from anything he had heard before, and it brought great pain to Kazas. "" give in to the virage... BECOME the virage... and sing victory everlasting!""

Kazas returned with a retort of anger. " no! I'm not a monster! I will not murder the sovereign of the empire..." Memories of the civil war erupted from when he was completely bloodthirsty. He saw the griffon child, and the head of the child's father, whom he raised in victory to his platoon, as the griffonling watched in fear. "" you are already a monster... Do what monsters do best... Destroy!""

" I will not.... Get out of my mind!" The prescence... The virage or whatever it was left his concious. Kazas breathed a sigh of relief, and then realized what he saw with the child and the decapitated father was real. Thankfully the image of him killing empoeror doel was a fabrication of the prescence.. " by the all maker... What the hell did i do...." He looked at his claws with guilt.

( OOC; I'm giving you all something to work with. Daemonic possession? Or control from the necromancer? You all can deicide. Sorry for the long post. Btw, this is the noise I imagined Kazas hearing. If there are no takers, i'll weave it in, but not so much so that it messes things up. http://youtu.be/1Rlb01I6bQ4 )

Edited by Dirge of souls

Vaas stared at White, "Fine if you won't help me I'll do it myself." Walking away he could feel a sadness coming from a pony near by. Looking to Seer he saw the tears quickly walking to her he put his hoof on her shoulder, "Why do you cry Seer? You know me and Kazas will be enemies until one of us are dead. It just has to happen he act like i can just walk away from my past when it's with me everyday. No one can't simply walk away from something like that without having a few scars or flash backs. He acts like i haven't seen his past...he was a true monster back then, but I'm not backing down from a coward who think he isn't dwelling in the past also." Quickly eying Kazas. "Seer your a good pony and you shouldn't be crying over this. I'll be fine one way or another. If it is my time to finally leave this world so be it, but i'll always be around since i can't truly ever leave my curse." Giving her a smile in hopes of caring her up.

Fiddlesticks looked up at the sky, "Let the mind games begin. Between Vaas and Kazas this makes a opening for the necromancer to attack one of them. Knowing Vaas he would join the necromancer in order to have a fighting chance vs Kazas, but at the same time he been with Seer more often...I wounder what his plan will be..." Speaking to himself. Turning to Resh, "Don't worry he will open the rift soon, and then our powers will return and the new era will begin. Open the portal that awaken Ice-born and the others he wishes."