Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

"I specialize in nothing. I just find anything that could help me kill or escape." Pulling out one of his arrows and handing it to the mage, "If you look closely at the arrow you will notice a small vial of poison." Looking at the other ponies. "This might not be magic, but no pony will be walking away after this has hit them." Looking at a pony with C4 in his hoofs, "I'm no joke when it comes down to kill or be killed. I will use all of my tricks to make sure I'm alive in the end, so you can call me whatever you want, but in the end I'll be walking away." Noticing the ponies leaving the area. "If you excuse, I must be going." walking to the door.

Vaas walked to the suites that the princess has given them to use for the night he noticed a pony locking his door, "He must be hiding something..." thinking to himself, "Maybe I should rest for the night, or maybe I should check what's going on in the watch towers of the castle." He thought as he opened the door to his suite.

((OOC: What time of day is it right now in the RP? Hopefully it's dusk or night.))

(OOC- When someone says cut ALL dummies in half I assume there aren't any more dummies because they are ALL cut in half. I like to be a logical person. So thank you for the advice Space Marine Twi.)

Animal looked down at the explosives in his hooves. "Thanks for the present Scottish explosives pony. I will just put this in my backpack for now." Animal then puts the three bricks of explosives and the detonator in his backpack. "Just tell me when you want them back alright. Ohhh this shit's heavy what are you feeding these explosives. Whatever it is you gotta put them on a diet." Animal wasn't built for weightlifting more of just stamina. He looked over to where the dummies were. "Huh I guess they regenerate or somepony swaps them when no ones looking. Either way it's fine with me." Animal says to himself. Then he pulls out his serrated knife, and a smoke grenade out of his backpack. He throws the smoke grenade across the floor over near the dummies. "Smoke out."  The smoke grenade then explodes into a white cloud. Animal then runs into the smoke cloud with his serrated knife. Ten seconds later Animal comes out the other side and the smoke cloud dissipates and shows that a dozen of the dummies were damaged. Some dummies had necks slit, others had stabs to the heart, or to the back of the head. "Thats why I only have a knife and compound bow, I like to kill efficiently and swiftly. Not with brute force and dismemberments."

Edited by TBB Animal
  • Brohoof 1

The Death Jester examines Animal's work. "Huh... nice job, laddie." He points to one of the dummies. "Although, you could work on that aim. This one hit a rib," and turning to the other one, "And this one is merely a slashing cut. You only use slashing cuts wide along the chest, across the neck, head, or artery, or in dire emergencies." He winks. "Just something to keep in mind." He examines the smoke device. "I've never seen anything like this. It's genius! Voice recognition systems would be ideal for ambushes, though against aa prepared foe, it can distract you more than your enemy."

Shadow Seer nods in the direction of the retreating Vaas. Such an interesting pony... He decides against lingering in the room and makes his way to his suites, nodding respectfully to everypony he passed. White Darkness waited a moment, then left as well.

White Rose was pacing in her room. She was having unusual difficulty trying to sleep. She slowly paced the room, then eyed an acoustic guitar in the corner. Why not? She walked over to the corner and quietly started to strum a few chords.

Animal looked over to Jester and said. "Man you really know your way around killing people. Yea I know I'm getting kinda rusty with my killing I've been out of it for quite some time. Also, smoke grenades, I've only started training with them. I have something better though." Animal then reaches into his backpack and pulls out a recon bolt. "This is what I call a recon bolt. It's actually a spot beacon. The spot beacon can tell me where everypony is within a 300 feet radius. I keep a few with me just in case of me needing to know how many people are in building or if somepony is using invisibility. They only last a certain time." Animal says. "I would let you use one in exchange for your C4, but I would have to take one of your eyes out and replace it with a bionic eye." Animal then shows Jester his eye. "The bionic eye lets me see anyone in that 300 feet radius and tells me how many there are how far they are from the beacon and my chance of survival. Enough about my equipment, what do you got in your inventory. I wanna know what you use to kill every enemy that crosses your path." 

Edited by TBB Animal

Raze was just having a walk, when he heard White Rose playing the guitar, so he stopped to listen. From what he heard from the guards, the Daemontouched were a special kind of unit, specifically invovled with sole purpose of hunting evil; and that the leader, White Rose, had it rough. As the story goes, she had to leave her family due to a slight demonic possession, scared that she would corrupt her family, and ended up finding the Daemontouched to get rid of her possession problem. In short, she was mostly an outcast, and Raze kind of knew how she felt. He had it rough too; constantly being teased for the weird stripes covering his skin, being shunned out from the rest of the world because of the one thing that made him different from the rest. Raze looked at his striped hoof. "I didn't ask for this," he said to himself, the horrible memories of his childhood coming back to haunt him. And maybe, that was what she felt too, with the demon possesing her and whatnot. He stopped thinking for a moment, and found himself in White Rose's room.

Raze gave an akward smile, and said, "Heh. Sorry about that. Uh... mind if I come in?"

Vaas decided to check the watch tower, "Finally I'm alone..." pulling out his violin. Starting to play he felt anger, hatred,and sadness. closing his eyes he could see the village he burnt down, and all the ponies that was ether killed by him or by the fire. He kept playing as the memories started to appear in front of him. The surrounding area turned into a inferno he felt the heat from the flames around. As the flames grew hotter Vaas started to play faster, until a cold wind blew on his face. He stopped playing as he opened his eyes the village and all the ponies disappeared. Looking up at the moon he calmed down and started to enjoy the night.

He noticed a note on the floor, "A note?" Looking around to see if he could see anypony, but no pony was in sight. "This is weird..." Picking the note up and reading it quietly, "Don't trust anypony. They will kill you in the end." Looking around again  "Could this be true? Should I except to be shoot in the back? Is this mission worth my life? Could it be the mage? I'm just here for the money and power, but if someone is going to kill me i shall show them the meaning of madness! He thought. He walked back to his room hoping not to run into anypony.

The Jester of Death grinned. "Excellent. First off..." He put down his back mounted cannon. "I have this baby. 12-inch energy shot that can be focused for anti-armor. It's linked to my eye- yes, I have a bionic eye- to allow me to aim the cannon, allowing me and it to be apart for a maximum range of about 500 meters, and for be to fire with it . Next, I have a dart gun," he showed him the small carbine. "This fires specially modified darts pregnated with fast acting acid and an explosive charge, though the loadout of the dart can be changed. And then I have my Vanguard armor." He smiled deviously, as if remisiscing. "In full armor, I'm about the size of the princess and weigh about two tons. If it wasn't for the various internal power sources, I wouldn't be able to move." He scowled. "Of course, I can't wear it, or even carry it. It's too heavy- it would probably crash down through the floor, though the building would be a lot more hurt than me." He bowed mockingly. "And that's my basic weaponry, not counting all the various grenades, poisons, acids, explosives, electrical devices, and whatnot that I have on various places on my pony that I will not impart to you just in case I may have to face you in combat. Which may or may not happen. Oh, and I have this." He drew a giant greataxe. "I love this thing. If you hit with it, You bring someone down. Unless your opponent is exceptionally lucky. And I mean exceptionally lucky." He grinned wickedly.

White Rose started at the door being opened. She looked at Raze oddly, trying to decide what to do. Then she shrugged. "Sure. Why not?" As he came in and settled down, she put the guitar down. "So... how are you doing?" She asked, somewhat awkwardly.

"I'm... good, I guess," Raze said, sitting down a short distance from White Rose. "Couldn't sleep. Been thinking a lot."

And it was true. He had been thinking, about the plague, whether or not he'd make it out alive from this mission, about... well, a lot of things.

He looked at White Rose. He never was able to talk to anyone like this, so it felt really awkward to him. He really didn't know what to say.

"So, you and those three others with you... you're all some sort of demon hunting group or something? Huh. Never thought something like that existed," Raze said with a laugh. What's more, they didn't look like it that much. When he thought of demon hunting, he thought of people with brown robes carrying crosses and holy water. But them, they had wicked swords and giant machines and whatnot. That Jester dude even had a cannon! Don't judge a book by it's cover, I guess, thought Raze with a smile.

For a few minutes, they just sat there, trying to think of words to say. Then, Raze decided to ask her:

"I heard from the guards about your backstory; about how you were possessed by a demon. I'm really sorry to hear that..."

Animal stared at all his equipment and says "Holy crap that's a lot of stuff. Since you got a bionic eye I could spare some spot beacons if you want some." Animal pulled out five spot beacons from his backpack. "I have got like hundreds of these and all you need to do to set them to your bionic eye is sync it to your eye. The way you do that is push this button in the back and hold it relatively close to your eye for a few seconds and you're good. Also their is no reason why I would provoke you in any way to where we have to fight each other head on? We are allies. I wouldn't harm my allies in anyway. Even if they are very annoying." Animal then turns to leave the training grounds. "Well since everyone has gone to bed I'm going to take a stroll around the castle. I have insomnia so I won't be able to sleep anyway. See you later Jester." Animal then walks out of the room and turns to go to the courtyards. Animal had a lot on his mind and he need a quiet place to think over it all. Animal got out the courtyards and sat down near one of the huge stone statues of the royal sisters. "Well time to meditate."

Edited by TBB Animal
  • Brohoof 1

White Rose smile dropped a little bit. "Yeah... That's what I thought too when I first joined. But, here's the difference- demons chaos made, and can be exorised and alol of that stuff. Daemons are significantly stronger, can do everything demons do, and more, including shapeshift and all of that. They're immune to basic stuff that drives demons away, but they have a physical form, so if you can destroy their physical form, their essence has to return to Tartarus..."

She sighed. "Then there are daemon princes- either powerful daemons or ponies that are blessed/cursed due to service to the darker side of Chaos. All daemons/demons come from Tartarus, and cannot leave unless Cerberus leaves his post, or a rift is created."

She tilted her head. "Any other- ah, yes... that." She straghtened her head. "Well, he couldn't be really removed, not being a daemon, but he can't really do anything unless I want him too, and he's someone to talk to when bored." She sighed. "Say hello, Ixkom."

A few seconds passed, then in a mocking tone, a voice projected into her and Raze's head.

Hello, Ixkom.

White Rose scowled. "Stop being witty, Ixkom."

Fine. You're no fun. Hello, insignificant background ponies that don't even appear on the show.

Confused, he glanced at Raze, who shook his head. "What?" she asked.

Nothing, nothing at all. Just forget what I said.

(Fourth wall broken: check.)

The Jester of Death chuckled as Animal left the room. "You never know, laddie... you never know." Then he nodded at the guards and left for his room.

Raze felt a bit dizzy after the "confrontation" with Rose's demon. "Well, that was... cute," he said, a bit wobbly, with the demon talking into his head and whatnot. Something he thought he would never experience in his whole life....

"Anyway, I just I'd drop in to talk to someone, because y'know, we may not have time for that when we leave... so, uh, yeah; it was, uh... nice talking to you..." He found himself blushing in front of her. "I... gotta go!" Raze quickly walked out of her room as quickly as he came in. 

What the hell was that about? Raze thought to himself, still blushing a bit as he made his way towards his room. Can't believed I embarrassed myself in front of her. Or maybe it's more than tha.... nah.

As he found his suite, he quickly entered and locked the door behind him. It was already late at night, and he needed the rest for this near suicide mission tomorrow. He didn't have time for small distractions like that...

"Ah, shit..." Raze said as he plopped himself on his bed. It felt strangely relaxing to just lie there and think...

Raze looked at his striped hoof again. "I really didn't ask for this..." he said before conking out.

((Also known as moving the plot along. No more posts from me until Sunday at least, probably Monday.))

Canterlot Train Station,  0830 hours...

"They have bananas? Awesome! BANANAS!" cried out the Jester, holding up two half peeled bananas in his hooves as if they were swords.

"Yes, they have bananas." said Shadow Seer, rolling her eyes. White Rose and White Darkness laughed.

"I wonder when the others will come." said White Darkness. "I mean, it's not like that they would just abandon us, eh?"

"You never know, lad." said The Jester. "That Animal fellow seemed rather suspisious. Trying to inquire about everything I ever owned equiqmentwise."

White Darkness looked out into the crowd, trying to find the six other ponies that were to come with them.

You know, that Raze person- whoever he was- seemed pretty cool.

"Yeah, like anyone that has a razor blade for a tail isn't cool in your opinion."

Good point.

At this, she found herself in a higher place- on top of one of thhe beams of the train station- and settled down to wait, watching the train station and the rowdy Jester proudly exclaiming what he had found in the breakfast hall.

Diego set off for the train station bright and early, after carefully packing two saddlebags to take with him. He knew that he probably could get there quicker if he teleported, but figured that the workout would be better and would set him up for the day ahead. Besides, he knew full well that White Darkness and the others didn't much like his talent for chaos magic, so it might be best not to demonstrate it and risk antagonising them before they even set off. His teleportation spell was not like other unicorns'; he usually ended up appearing at the chosen spot in a blast of light, sometimes even with a few fireworks set off. Mostly he enjoyed making other ponies jump with it, but decided that it might not be the best move in this case.

Eventually, he arrived at the station to find that only the trio of daemon hunters were there, the ones who hated chaos mages like himself. Diego rolled his eyes, thinking that this was off to a good start but was determined not to rise at any comments they might make.

Raze finally woke up, refreshed after taking a nice long rest. Looking at a nearby clock, he had some time to prepare and get to the station. He found his packed saddlebags near his bed; along with his combat armor and two swords. After strapping the armor and saddlebags, as well as equipping his blades, he was good to go. He walked out of his suite, passed down a few corridors, and finally out of the castle. He decided to take it slow, since he still had some spare time on his hooves. On his way to the station, he passed by Ponyville. Once a lively place before, it was now practically a ghost town. Other ponies who passed by him were wearing cloths over their mouths, trying to avoid catching the plague. Many of the houses were pretty much shut, not a single light could be seen inside. He even saw a cross-eyed looking pony wearing her cloth UPSIDE DOWN. Raze wasn't sure if being cross-eyed and dulled intelligence was a part of the plague, but he sure didn't want to find out.

Finally, he arrived at the station, which, ironically, seemed to be pretty busy. To his left, other ponies were seen buying tickets for trains, others looking at the various souvenirs lined up at the gift shop. There was also a stand set up selling bananas, of which he saw the Jester greedily taking as many bananas as he could. To his right, he saw the conductor, standing next to a doctor, scanning for people who may have the plague.

"Well, they seem to have this place locked down," Raze said to himself. From what it seemed, not everyone was here yet. So he grabbed an apple from a nearby stand, payed for it with some pocket money, sat on a bench, and decided to wait.

Vaas woke up in a cold sweat, "So many killed...by...me..." Shaking his head, "It had to be done!" walking to the bathroom. Splashing some cold water on his face he remembered today was the day they would move towards the village, "I wonder how many will die today..." looking at the mirror above the sink.

As he arrived to the train station he jumped on the roof of the train station watching all the other ponies, "So many will die over something so small as hope...Why?" He thought. Staring down at a pony that seemed to stay away from the other ponies, "Seems like another outcast. He will live the longest out of this group I bet." Taking mental notes. Laying down waiting for the mission to begin Vaas thought more about the note somepony left him, "Which one is going to back stab me?" Pulling out the note, "Maybe that outcast will help another outcast..." Looking down at him, "I'll sit next to him on the train." Laying back down waiting for the train whistle to blow.

((OOC: Sorry if i missed spelled or did a bad sentence. I just got so tried that i stopped reading it to look for corrections. I'll read this in the morning and fix my mistakes and again i'm sorry if i did.))

OOC(Sorry I haven't posted for awhile, and temporarily lieaving but i'm back now)

Judith woke up and prepared for the day ahead. She heard that the mercenaries and a few of the army members were meeting at the train station. She quickly put on her armor and got supplies to put into her saddle bag for the journey to the village. Multiple spears were mounted on the walls, and she grabbed four of them. Even though normal spears were bulky and long, these ones were custom made to decrease in size by folding onto itself. This also made it a good short range weapon and if need be a long range weapon to keep a distance from the enemy. She sheathed three of them and put them on her back and she carried one in her hoofs that were fully extended.

She sighed  and said aloud to herself "Well, I guess i'm off to the train station to meet the others." 

Finnally making it to the station, she sees a few other ponies already there. She notices a pony with a sharp tail and two swords, and a pony looking down at the trio from the top of the station.

She thought to herself Not very sneaky is he? These ponies look dangerous, it would be to my benefit not to get on there bad sides.

Diego stood aside from the others. His weapons, the throwing stars, hoof daggers and the like, were carefully hidden about his person. He generally used his chaos magic in most cases, tho there were times when weapons came in handy. None of the other ponies at the station had spoken to him, which Diego expected. He was a bit angry about this; they were meant to be going on a mission together and surely it made sense to override their prejudices against chaos magic and speak to him since he was going to be part of that group? After all, Diego felt that he was co-operating simply by overriding his natural paranoia and allowing himself to be part of a group. The least that the others could do is get over their hatred of chaos mages. After all, he thought, he didn't ask to have this talent; it just manifested one day as did his cutie mark which was the symbol of chaos. He looked up when a mare, Judith he thought her name was, walked into the station. Perhaps this mare would be different, tho he wasn't about to hold his breath.

I can read this pony like a book. He was born with a gift he didn't want, shunned by everyone, stuck here working with the people that shunned him. I would think people would come together when the plague started by it has only driven us more apart. If we keep this up it will only lead to a new war and we don't need a war after this plague has almost killed us all, but if they start a war I will not be helping any side...unless the price is to high for me to pass up and i get some control thrown my way, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. He thought.

He noticed a new pony arriving at the station, "Oh great another body bag to fill." Rolling his eyes. He jumped off the roof, and landed behind the pony that was alone, "Look behind you..." Whispering into the pony's ear. "Don't worry I'm a friend." taking a seat on the bench behind him. "I couldn't help buy notice you stay away from this group. Care to explain why?" Putting his bow down on the bench.

Lets see if i was right about this pony. Hopefully we can help each other. I want to work with the other as little as possible. He thought as he ran his hoof on the string of the bow checking for any flaws.

Diego had almost reached for a knife when the pony who had come up behind him confirmed that he was a friend, so he relaxed and turned to face him.

"If you really want to know," he said in reply to the other's question. "I will tell you. Perhaps you think the same way that the other ponies do; still, it won't do any harm if I tell you why I set myself apart.

"The truth of the matter is that other ponies have set me apart, ever since I first developed my talent for chaos magic. At first, I wanted nothing more than for other ponies to like and accept me, but no matter how hard I tried, they turned away from me and shunned me all the more. So I got angry and decided that it would be better to be a loner and apart from the herd, rather than try and win the acceptance of ponies who refused to understand that the talent does not define the pony. Of course, with chaos magic, it's always been associated with Discord and some ponies just can't or won't understand that I have nothing to do with him."

Diego paused; he hadn't meant to reveal so much at this first meeting, but somehow all the years of bottling up his secret pain had made it all come spilling out at once.

Vaas smiled under his mask, "Someponies will never accent anypony different, but then there is a few that will..." Taking his mask off, "They call me Vaas, but the real name is Insanity." Holding out his hoof.

"These are dark times for outcasts. Everypony is looking for somepony to blame for this plague and the outcast will be the first to get blamed." Looking at the others around the train station, "I suggest you watch your back around them. I have a feeling none of these ponies are loyal to their words." Looking at Judith. "How about we make a pact? You and me form a little team and if anything happens you will have my bow on your side. What do you say?"

Hopefully he agrees to my offer. If he declines my offer, I'm going in this alone...hopefully that mage keeps his mouth shut about my secret. If that gets out I'm going to have a target painted on my back, and i will most likely have to fight my way out. I hope this mission doesn't become my tomb stone...I just want a place to call home, but until that day I'm just a merc for hire.

Diego considered this offer carefully. On the one hoof, the old resentment towards other ponies bubbled up along with his enforced loner status and paranoia. On the other hoof, since he had spoken to Vaas, perhaps it was time to trust him? After all, he still had his chaos magic and his stealth weapons, and a pact with another pony who knew about being outcast from the main herd didn't sound too bad.

"I accept," Diego replied. "How do you wish to seal the pact? I always heard that this kind of pact, where one pony watches the other's back, were sealed in blood but I admit that I haven't been around other ponies long enough to know of any alternative. It would be better perhaps to have an alternative way to seal a pact, what with the plague and other diseases floating around. You can be sure that I will keep up my end of the bargain."

Diego would understand Vaas' yearnings as they in some way mirrored his own. He too would like a place to call home, but this had been denied him due to the actions of other ponies.

"Glad to have you on my side, and for sealing..." Pondering his options, "Maybe a symbol of some sort? Since we really can't make a blood pact under these conditions.." Looking at his mask's symbol. "Since I can trust you read this." Handing the note over, "I fear somepony will try to kill me during or maybe after this mission." Looking back at the other ponies. "I don't wish to die fighting in this "noble" mission of celestia's. The queen who turned her back on us..." Shaking his head. "Hopefully after this mission we can find a place to call home." Nodding at Diego.

If this mission starts to head south fast, I'm going high tail it out. I'm not giving my life for Celestia. I just want that money and under all the chaos the plague has brought I could maybe claim a place as my own and for the fellow outcasts. Until that day i'm stuck here fight for her...Just a merc waiting to be payed. He thought.

"Hopefully we can get moving soon, My bow needs a drink." Picking up the bow.

((OOC: By symbol I mean sorta like a tattoo but the symbol is only known by me and you.))

Raze, almost bored out of his mind from waiting, saw one pony- Vaas, he thought was his name- strike up a conversation with two others: the chaos mage, and-- he didn't seem to know the other, although he could tell the pony was a mare. While he did see her at the meeting, she never really seemed to be anywhere else. Strange...

"Who the heck is this flake?" Raze said silently. He'd better watch out. Something told him that whatever they were planning to do, it wasn't going to be friendly to him or anypony else.

The train arrived already, but there were still two others missing. Luckily, the train doesn't exactly leave for another ten minutes, so it would give the two late ponies time to prepare. What Raze knew, was they were going to ride the train to its farthest stop; at least 25 miles from the Necromancer's village. Then, they'd have to walk the rest of the way through a thick forest. Raze didn't appreciate walking; and as far as he knew, somepony could catch the plague on the way there. It just better not be him.

Raze threw away what was left of his apple in a trashcan, stood up from the bench, and decided to take a small walk around the premises.

Animal then opened his eyes from his meditation session. "Well another sleepless night gone bye. That's now 3 in a row." Animal recalled to himself. He then got up to go to his room and get his stuff and get ready for the train to leave, Animal then checked his watch and checked he only had 10 minutes left before the train would depart. "Man I will be lucky if I want to make it before it departs." Well then you better start running little colt. He thought to himself as he went to his room and packed his things. He grabbed everything from his trusty knife to his Omni-tool. He booked it out his suite around the corner. He then runs through the corridors of the castle trying to find the front door he couldn't find it. So you know what Animal did instead? Animal went over to the window and jumped out of it landing on the roof. He then starts running on the rooftops. Animal spots the train in the distance. "Perfect timing." Next, he jumps off the roof. It was a 50 foot drop from where he was so he did the most logical thing to do. He teleports in midair from the 50 foot drop to the train platform. "Woo...I...am...here." Animal then realizes was upside down because he teleported in that position. So Animal flips himself over and gets up. He enters the train and finds that everyone was here.

Edited by TBB Animal

As the train started to move- the Jester got on just in time, carrying this huge stack of bananas- White Rose told the others, "Alright. I was able to get us a private car. Come on."

At the car, when everyone was seated, she silently proofed the room from eavesdropping. "Alright, then. I guess we can call this a 'mission briefing', if you will." She took out her map. "Now... we will be getting off at a trading post, about 20 miles from the village. We'll then have to hoofslog to the village, with the last 10 or so taking us through the Everfree Forest."

She glanced at the map. "This place is easy to defend. It's located on a hill, with several reinforced stone walls and flat rooftops for archerers. It also has narrower streets." She took a breath. "There was supposed to be a Royal Guard outpost here... If so, they are either corrupted or dead. Treat all ponies in this town as hostile if a fight breaks out until we can get a note on who exactly is affected by the corruption and necromancy here."

She paused and took a breath. "We will have to be subtle about doing this. The 'heretic' will probably be on guard for an inquisitor with a mini army charging into the village." She smiled. "Now... do we enter the village, in twos and threes or do we enter it apart from each other?"