Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

Diego agreed to Vaas' suggestion. "I have been alone too long," he replied. "It will do both of us outcasts good to know that we at least have one pony to watch each other's backs out in the country."

Once the latecomers arrived at the station, Diego boarded the train. He sat down near to Vaas, to show that he was going to keep his word, and listened to what was said. He didn't much like the idea of approaching the village in one huge group and said as much to the mare in charge.

"I think that entering the village in a herd will just call attention to ourselves," Diego commented, not expecting his opinion to be taken notice of but feeling he had to speak it anyway. "We ought to split into pairs and each should enter at a different place."

He planned to do so regardless of what was decided by the main ponies; he would stick with Vaas and they would watch out for each other in the process. Diego also planned to cast spells of protection; with chaos magic, this was difficult but manageable for somepony who had worked as hard as he had on controlling it.

• Brohoof 1

Raze decided to sit alone, for that gave him time to think. He also really didn't trust many of his partners, except maybe White Rose, and possibly the Jester. As for shadier ponies like Vaas, however, he'd have to keep an eye out. He's been sticking with that chaos mage for too long. If it came to it, he might have to kill them both if they decided to do something. Other than that, everyone else seemed okay... for now.

For now, though, he still thought of things ahead of time. Like what was going to happen to him. Or how they were going to bring a necromancer-- a controller of the DEAD-- alive and back to Canterlot. Personally, he really didn't think that he was cut out for this. Sure, he had his share of killings before. But this was totally out of the question. He's no demon hunter, that's for sure. But, he was being paid to this, and unlike most if the ponies he knew, he respected Celestia, because... hey, she was his fair ruler, and she deserved it. That was his philosophy.

Then he thought of some of the events before this. Meeting the princess, sparring with a demon hunter, talking to someone who he felt was kind of the same. It seemed almost... funny.

He had to stop thinking, before he spaced out. Besides, it wasn't him to be thinking this much. He just needed to focus in the task at hand... and two particular colts that he may have a problem with.

• Brohoof 1

Vaas didn't really care about the plans, I'm sticking to my way of killing. He thought noticing a pony checking him out. Seems like somepony is interested in me. Closing his eyes trying to picture a path he could take to get in the village without anypony seeing him.

I can't picture a way to get in. Damn, seems I'm fighting from the trees." Thinking as he opened his eyes.

Turning to Diego, "We will make a camp away from them, and we will make a plan of our own once we have time to talk freely." He whispered.

Turning back to the map looking at White rose. "The worst idea is to travel in a big group. We should make small teams it would cover more ground and we could attack from different locations around the village, maybe even come across some vital information." Moving his hoof across the map to locations each team could travel. "If anything we could regroup before we hit the village." Pointing to a possible meeting point. "That's my plan of attack." Removing his hoof.

They don't have to listen to me. All i care about is making it out alive, and hopefully I don't have to kill anypony in this group. He thought briefly looking at Raze. I should study this pony, and find a weakness just in case one is needed. A dark smile growing under his mask.

((OOC: Just to let you know when i write something like "this" it means I'm talking or thinking to myself. Just in case you didn't know.))

Animal was then on the train. Since he had no close allies he decided he would sit in a secluded area. Animal then sits in a seat far from the other ponies. "Well today is going to be one hell of a day. I wonder what the groups tactics are going to be? I bet they're going to be either going into smaller groups and sneak into the city, or just go in guns blazing. I don't think they are actually going to go in guns blazing these guys are pros. Well I guess this would be a good lunch time." Animal then pulls a sandwich out of his backpack. "Oh hell ya my favorite. Ham, chicken, and cheese." Animal digs right into his sandwich. About ten minutes later Animal thinks about the bricks of C4 crowding up his backpack. "I don't really need C4 it will slow me down anyway. Well I should probably give back the C4 that the Jester gave me then." Animal then gets up from his seat and walks slowly down the train aisle. Animal then knocks on the door where the Jester and his companions are. " Hey Jester I have decided to give back your C4. It will slow me down considerably anyways." Animal then sets down the bricks of C4 on the ground next to the door. "It will be waiting for you right outside your door when you want it." Animal then goes back to his original seat on the train.

Diego replied back to Vaas in a low voice, "Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see that anypony here is going to take a blind bit of notice of anything I say and do, even if it makes good sense. So I might as well stick with you in a separate camp. I can perform protection spells and a spell to muffle our voices so that nopony can hear us, so that the camp will be safe. I would be prepared to do so for the others, but something tells me that they all have a down on chaos mages so they would refuse such help anyway."

He thought about the way that one of the ponies was watching him and Vaas and was determined not to give that pony any reason to think that he had to put the pair of them down. Diego had lived a considerable amount of time, despite the hate and mistrust directed at him, cuz he never let down his guard and was always expecting an attack. Sometimes he had been attacked by ponies who were determined to rid themselves of the chaos mage. He had dispatched them in various ways; he prefered not to kill unless driven to do so, but to put them away from him so they wouldn't attack again. For example, one assassin pony had had his memory wiped when he had tried to kill Diego, and was now a farmer.

Kazas had been sitting in the back of the train for a while now. He had reiceived Celestia's letter a week ago and he was kind of tired from his trip. he decided that, since he went unnoticed, he would observe the diffrent Mercs here. Dirge contemplated ' hmmmmm...,, that jester of death seems to love destruction a little too much.... I don't feel as though I can be safe around him. Better keep an eye out... But, seriously, what the hell. Nobody needs that much armor! Maybe it has a weak point...' He turned his eye to vaas. 'he looks.... Not mentally healthy.... he's the main one I should be worried about... he seems like he has an ulterior motive for being here.' Kazas then glanced at Diego. ' he seems.... Sad. maybe later I can have a conversation with him. See how he really is. He looks like he really needs a friend.' Kazas took a moment to glance at his sheathed sword..." My father's sword, Burning fury.... I hope I can make father proud once again. And mother too" Kazas mumbled. He then smiled and opened his favorite book, his sword sitting on his lap.

Edited by Dirge of souls

(OOC welcome to the RP Dirge.)

Animal then hears an incomprehensible mumbling coming from behind him. He then looks in the direction where the mumbling was coming from. He sees a griffon in the seat directly behind him. Wow it's a griffon, I've never seen a griffon before. Wow that is so cool. Animal thought to himself. Animal then turns to the griffon looking at him reading his book. And they read to, I guess you learn something everyday. "Shut up brain you're being racist." Animal said to his brain. Animal looks at the griffon and says "Hello I am Animal what is your name stranger." Animal then holds out his hoof.

" I was wondering what you were doing back here. Why are you separated from the rest of the group?" Animal asked. Then he decided to sit next to the griffon. "Are you here for the promotion and/or money as well." Animal then sees that he isn't responding because he is still reading his book. "So what kind of book are you reading?" Animal then looks at the cover and it looks like it was ripped off or missing. "Yo, Mr.griffon is the world around you blank."

" oh sorry... Every time I read my book, I feel entranced. it's my father's logs from the old war. It's nice to meet you. I'm Kazas. You must be animal. You must be wondering what a griffon must be doing here in the first place" Kazas smiled " you see I'm part of the griffon royal guard. But I'm also one of the ambassadors to your kingdom. Celestia sent word to the griffon emperor and his first choice was me. I'm honored actually. I'm hoping to get to know all of you better." Kazas then continued conversing with animal about different subjects, such as the way he fights. " oh I use my father's sword and shield style. I also have a small iron ball and chain used for capturing and sweeping opponents off their feet. I see that you use a bow. Nice choice of weaponry. I have a strategy that combines our fighting styles, if we face enemy archers. You hide behind my shield, and you fire arrows over my shoulder as I protect you. It's something my dad taught me." Kazas noticed animal staring at his right eye. " oh that, that's an old war wound." Don't worry about it.

Edited by Dirge of souls

Once the train started, Judith boarded it while carrying all of her weapons and supplies. She looked around and it seemed like everypony had boarded as well, so she decided to find a seat. Making her way from train car to train car, she finally found a seat that suited to her liking.

Her curiosity had gotten the best of her; she found a seat adjacent to a young stallion and a male griffon. In her eyes, this was a sight that you did not see everyday especially during these times of danger and plague.

Her thoughts fluttered about her brain. Hmm this is interesting, its not everyday that you see a griffon in Equestria. I wonder why he would make the trip all the way here carrying weapons, even though he would be perfectly fine in Griffon Empire since it had not yet been struck with plague. The stallion is carrying weapons as well, I guess its safe to say that they have been hired by Celestia to go to the village as well.

Judith gets up from her seat and moves closer to the two talking in the seat. She states across the isle in a soft toned voice "Hello my name is Judith, a pleasure to meet you." She waited in reply as she got their attention.

"Diego shall we take our leave? I think we need to start making our course of action. We need to talk about the seal a little more because it's going to involve some pain, but i think it's worth the pain to know somepony has your back and you can trust them." Vaas whispered.

I feel somepony's gaze upon me... Giving Raze a quick look. Not him, but who could it be... Looking around trying to find the pony. Once we see the enemy these ponies will learn to keep their eyes off of me! I will show them why I'm called Insanity, and why i have this symbol of madness on my mask. Since I made this pact with Diego I must help my fellow outcast, and I will make sure we both see another tomorrow at any cost...the more I sit here the more i feel like somepony is going to stab me in the back. I'm starting to think this mission is going to be my downfall because the lack of trust among us. I wish I could have more people like Diego around. This mission would be a lot easier, but I have to keep Bloodthrister out just in case one of these ponies get the idea to try and take me out. Thinking to himself as he looked around.

" oh hi there. Why don't you come sit with us, you seem lonely, friend." Kazas moved his shield from beside him and mounted it on his back." Here. Now there is a spot open. Come sit anytime you like." Kazas looked back at animal. " I hear this plague has taken a major toll on your people. I'm sorry to hear that I truly am. my mission actually serves two purposes; to help you all in your endeavors, and to report back to the emperor when we are done. I've seen what I need to see. With my testimony, there is no doubt that we will help your people. Small contingencies of griffon soldiers and doctors will arrive if the plague doesn't subside after we are done. Our goal is to help you, and find a way to combat the deadly disease." Kazas then started to polish his shield with a cloth. " of course, this will be done with Celestia's approval.... But I don't know how much help we can be if the plague doesn't stop after we kill the this necromancer.... We may all be doomed. However, we can still struggle until our last breath. But enough for now. I want to talk to the others."

Edited by Dirge of souls

"Heck if you got a sword like that you will do just fine for your mission. Also I guess this situation is getting bad if Celestia has to talk to the griffon empire for help." Animal thought to himself for second. "Hmm, hey since we're on good terms with each other when we get off the train and have to sneak in the village we should team up. Dirge you could be the scout while me and Judith sneak in to capture this self-proclaimed tyrant. I bet we could find you a good vantage point, and if you have a silencer with that sniper then you could pick off the guys that are walking alone. Me and Judith will be able to sneak past or silently kill guards and drag bodies into places other ponies won't find them in. Also if you're gonna scout for us I suggest that you take this Dirge." Animal pulls out three of his spot beacons. "Use these one at a time because they don't work forever. Use one every 2 hours because they fade out after 2. These will tell me if somepony is coming up behind you or in front of you. When somepony comes within 300 hundred feet of your position my bionic eye will tell me how far they are from your position. If you have a tac com then we should be able to keep in contact. Do either of you have any type of drug we can use to put our objective to sleep?" Animal said looking back and forth between the 2 of them.

Edited by TBB Animal

@,

Diego replied in a low voice to Vaas. "Yes," he replied. "If we go to the next carriage, which is empty, we ought to have some privacy. I feel uncomfortable sitting around others. It makes me feel as tho I may be attacked at any moment. As for pain, I can work thru pain if it means that I will get something valuable out of it."

Diego thought over what was in store for the group when they arrived at the village. He was certain that a lot of the more combatative types had plans of marching straight up to the necromancer and destroying him and his underlings on the spot, something which Diego thought would be a foolish plan. After all, a necromancer was a type of mage so it was certain that he would have put spells about the village to protect himself. Diego felt that he had something of an advantage in thinking along those lines; these warrior types would only get themselves killed by fixing on the big picture and missing the small details. It stood to reason that a necromancer would have some magic way to protect himself from assassination, otherwise it would have happened already.

The Jester of Death was not paying attention to the C4, or the bananas, or even the looks he was getting. He was thinking about how he was going to get to this bastard, and how to ki- no, take alive, this heretic. Although why in Celestia's name did Celestia want him (or her) alive was a mystery to him. He sat back and dozed off, daydreaming about crushing the heretic beneath the two tons of armor that was his Vanguard Armor.

Unfortunately, he was unable to get it, so that griffon mercinary studying for his weaknesses couldn't even do it properly. Unless he was taking into account the cannon on the seat next to him, or the giant greataxe.

After realizing that nopony was listening to her, she sat down and began to think. How to do this without dying...

Heh... That Raze character from yesterday was... different.

Yeah. Thought White, engaging in an entirely silent conversation with Ixkom. But I wonder what he meant by being different?

Who knows. Although, I can see now that that griffon is regarding us all with suspision.

What did you expect?

I don't know. Something a bit less paranoid, perhaps?

Mmh.

They sat in silence for some time.

Y'know... for some reason, you felt... closer to this Raze fellow.

White blushed. What do you mean?

You know exactly what I mean.

Shut up, Ixkom.

Shadow Seer watched them all from a distance. He saw a developing paranoia in the Vaas pony- a note or something, perhaps? He shook his head. Paranoia is a very dangerous thing...

Edited by The Space Marine Twi

"Hmm", said Raze, as he looked at the new guy that was the griffon.

Another freak joins the team, thought Raze with a smirk. Now the question for Raze was: could he really be trusted?

He seemed to get along with Judith and the one with the crossbow; maybe they knew each other, maybe they didn't. Either way, he didn't care. It's all the same deal with these griffons: stuck up, and big showoffs. Who knows, he looked sinister enough to turn on them. He could've been a spy sent here to kill Celestia, for all he knew. Raze then decided to keep an eye out on him as well.

Great, Raze thought. Now I gotta keep track of THREE of my partners.

Then, from the corner of his eye, he saw someone look at him. Vaas.

He pretended he didn't see him, but he could tell he was looking at him with a feeling of malevolence. Mistrust. He could see it in his eyes...

He heard a screeching noise, and looked up. It seemed as though the train was coming to a stop. They arrived, at last.

"Well," said Raze under his breath as he grabbed his things. "Let's get this over with."

Vaas felt the train slowing down, "Finally we're here!" Turning towards the door he noticed a griffon, "I'm working with them now..." mumbling to himself as he walked off the train. "Diego give me a moment, I must get my bow in working condition." Walking behind a building out of sight of all the other ponies.

Vaas pulled out a vial of black paint. Placing the bow on the ground and dipping his hoof in the paint he drew a circle around the bow. He started to draw a flame around the bow, once the flame was completed the bow turned ablaze. Vaas spoke a few words before the bow started to morph into a black bow with blood gems running up the handle. Vaas grabbed the new bow, "The true Bloodthrister..." A smile beginning to come across his face. "Seems only one of the gems are filled...Hopefully these enemies will fill my bow's hunger." Jumping onto the roof of the building.

I haven't used the real Bloodthrister in awhile. Hopefully i will be able to fill all eight gems, also this will show these ponies what I'm capable of doing to my enemies. I may see wicked or maybe even corrupt, but I will fight for my dreams no matter the cost. No pony will stand in my way. Wait a moment that mage knows my plans...maybe i can get Diego to wipe those memories from his mind.  Signaling Diego of his location.

Judith was sitting with her new friends Animal and Dirge, who Kazas. She really liked her new friends, and they were the ones of the group that she knew she could trust.

Suddenly, the train came to a slow stop as it approached and arrived at the station. She got up from her seat and stretched before she grabbed her belongings. With her belongings, she exited into the isle and looked over at Animal and Kazas. "Hey, um i'll see you two outside when your ready." Just as she finished her sentence, she sees a pony that she did not know the name of, but had seen him before.

She thought to herself as she crossed paths with the stallion. That razor sharp tail of his would be deadly weapon in combat.

As Raze passed through the isle Judith brought her attention to somepony else as he passed her in the isle. It was Vaas carryying his bow *Bloodthrister. Her thoughts about this pony were-- Well it looks like he knows how to fight and he has bad intentions. Hopefully he is here to help, and not to hinder us on this journey.

Finally Judith exited the train and seen the buildings around her. The only ponies around seemed to be the ponies exiting the train. Judith looks over to see a little bit of smoke from behind a building and ignores it since it is not a direct threat.

She waited outside for Animal and Kazas.

Edited by TBB Symphonia

White Rose stood up and walked out silently. She looked around. It was a rather small trading post- the only thing that connected the surrounding villages to the major cities of Equestria. It seemed... darker. And upon closer inspection, she knew why. Nopony else was present in the trading post.

No one else at all.

Shadow Seer walked out and noted what Vaas was doing. "Bloodthirster... Isn't that an artifact?" he asked himself. He felt himself both repusled by it- it was a dark magic based artifact- but yet, he was drawn to it. He wondered what the wielder's mind must be like. He shuddered. Not in a very good state, he imagined.

The Jester of Death stepped out of the train. He grinned when he saw the giant bag near the entrance to the forest. He lugged out his power pack and slung it over his under armor, then began to put on his Vanguard armor slowly, but surely.

White Darkness hopped out of the train and looked around. He nodded at everypony- or griffon- that was with them, while checking around. "Huh," he commented. "I wonder where the traders or the garrison are?"

@,

Diego had sat in near silence for the rest of the journey, only speaking in monosylables. None of the other ponies spoke to him, which suited him in some ways; he was always going to be paranoid and suspicious of other ponys' motives but at the same time, it saddened him.

"I ought to be used to this by now," he thought, ruefully as he remembered how his foalhood had been. He had always felt as tho he was destined to be outcast, tho at first he at least had some companionship. He was just given aside glances cuz his father was absent and his mother drank a lot of cider and never socialised with other mares. But it was when Diego developed his talent for chaos magic, and got his cutie mark of the chaos symbol, that things really went bad. The other ponies all started to avoid him, even those he had thought were his friends, and it made him bitter and angry at the world. He started to keep himself away from other ponies all the more as a result.

When the train stopped, he went to find Vaas in order to sort out the pact they had spoken about on the train.

Kazas found himself contemplating on who he should talk to first, in order to make more new friends and allies. He knew he could trust animal and Judith when he needed to. Yet there were two who caught his eye. The first was raze, who seemed to work alone. The second was Diego, whom seemed very reserved, and somewhat alone and sad, even though he tried to conceal it. " hey guys" he said to Judith and animal. " I'm going to go talk to some more people. It's nothing against you, it's just that I try to talk with most of the people I fight with to form stronger bonds. I'll be with you guys soon. I'm gonna go mingle!" Kazas stepped off the train and spotted Diego. " hm just who I wanted to speak with." As Kazas got closer to Diego, he spotted his cutie mark and saw the chaos symbol. Kazas immediately understood. But he would not judge him for it. Kazas got closer. " hello friend." Kazas smiled. " my name is Kazas. Its a pleasure to meet you." The griffon held out his claw for a claw/hoof shake. Kazas was giving him a legitimate friendly smile as he did so.

Vaas jumped off the roof and landed behind Diego, noticing the griffon walking closer to Diego. He moved to a shady spot and watched them as they spoke to each other.

Need to get away from these ponies...that note has me on edge I can't trust no pony here now other than Diego and maybe that mage that knows to much about my plans. I don't fear death, but i would like to see another tomorrow. I hope i don't have to use all of my tricks to stay alive on this mission, and i hope no pony saw me doing the Ritual of the Bloodthrister. Hopefully none of these ponies know about the blood gems. Maybe it would be better if a pony knew...that would strike some fear into them. That should be a good start to keep anypony from killing me or Diego. Why am i worried? I trust my bow to find their hearts. Emeny or former teammate all will fall to the power of Bloodthrister and outcast that wields this powerful bow. I just want a place to call home even if i have to kill to earn that home. He thought as he stared at the two as they spoke to each other.

Edited by Plague Doctor

"Dirge we gotta get going. We can't have Judith wait on our fat flanks." Animal then walks out of the train and takes a deep breath of fresh ai-ugh god. "What in Tartarus is that Celestia awful smell? It must be the smell of necromancy. Huh it smells like death. Well I guess that is what you smell when people use the magic of death. Where is a Theurgist when you need one." Animal looked around for one. " Well I guess there isn't going to be a life mage for miles 'cos this is where death magic lives, and prospers." Animal pulls out his bow. " Well time to go capture a necromancer." Animal then checks to see if Judith and Kazas are ready for scouting around the village to find himself a good vantage point for him to use his bow. Animal sees that Kazas is talking to Diego so he goes up to Judith and hands her a Tac Com. " Put this in your ear, and I will be able to hear you from my vantage point. I want you to try and sneak into the village, with Kazas, undetected. I will be able to give you pointers. Take this second Tac Com for Kazas. Also take some of these." Animal pulls out a couple spot beacons and passes them to Judith. " I want you to use one every 2 hours it will give me a better view because all my allies will be outlined with blue, and my enemies will outline in red. Unless you go behind cover then your whole body will light up blue if you're friendly, and red if your hostile."

Edited by TBB Animal
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Raze looked around the small trading post, and at the number of vast, tall trees that made up this forest. Nothing. No one seemed to be at the trading post, either. Was this the Necromancer's doing, and if so, how far did his influence reach? Raze also noticed another thing. He couldn't find a single animal lurking about in the forest. Once the train left the stop, there's was no sound; only a dead silence. It gave him a feeling of anxiety.

"Yeah, we should probably get going, huh?" Raze said to everyone, then decided to move. He strapped on his two swords and his saddlebags, and was off, with the rest of the group following behind. It wasn't long before they came across a running, shallow river, about a mile from the trading post. It could easily be crossed. Raze took a step in, then hesitated when he heard a noise in the distance. Turning his head left, at the direction of the noise, he saw a group of ponies in the distance.

Finally, Raze thought, some company who can point us in the right direction. But then he got a closer look:

He figured that their were at least ten of them forming a straight line with spaces; one in front, eight in the middle, and one in the back. The one in front, a pegasus, looked to be holding what appeared to be a ram's skull. The eight in the middle, who were earth ponies, were side by side, carrying a big wooden box with strange carvings, black hoods covering their faces. The one in back, a unicorn, was levitating in the air a large black book, reading its contents in a strange language. Every time he stopped reading, the earth ponies in the middle shouted and beat their chest once. Raze was a bit confused as to what they were doing, but that didn't stop him from asking them directions to the village.

"Excuse me!" Raze said to the pegasus in front. The pegasus heard this, and stopped, the others stopping with him.

"Good," Raze said with a slight smile. "Now that I have your attention, I need you to point me and my group here to a place called Swallow's Creek?"

The pegasus nodded for Raze to come closer, then whispered something into Raze's ear. When he was finished, Raze had a look of anxiety on his face, which quickly disappeared.

"Thanks for the info," Raze said. "You can go on your way now."

As the group of nine ponies continued their "ritual", Raze turned towards the group.

"He said to turn back," Raze said with a bit of restraint. "Where we are going... ponies have turned into savages..."

At this, everyone seemed to fall silent, at a loss for words; the black hooded ponies shouts echoing throughout the forest,

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~

@,

Diego looked suspiciously at the griffon, before thinking that he hadn't had much experience dealing with them and this one seemed to be friendly, at least. He held out a hoof and shook Kaza's claw.

"Hi," he said. "I noticed you on the train. I've never been to the griffon country, but I'm told it's quite interesting there."

Diego in fact avoided going there cuz a mare he had once loved had fled there after he'd developed his talent. Her name was Starfall and she had been in foal when she'd left. As a pegasus, she had found it easy to up and leave without anypony following her. He never spoke of this to anypony and never even mentioned her name.

When the group moved off, Diego did likewise. He cast a protection spell over himself automatically, as he always did whenever he travelled back in his own home country. He wondered whether to cast a general spell, but decided not to unless anypony asked for it specifically. He could see for himself that to most ponies, chaos magic was unreliable and untrustworthy.

Kazas walked side by side with Diego, speaking with him as they walked. Judith and animal remained 20 ft behind, so Kazas could talk to Diego. " well kinda. lots of hills and mountains, but nothing too special. To be honest, I prefer places like equestria. Flying over green pastures and such... It's beautiful. you must think the same, Yes?" Kazas had read about chaos magic and it's uses. In the royal palace's library and found it to be quite interesting. Why the citizens of equestria had disliked it, he could not fathom. It was magic, and thus being magic, it could be used for the greater good, if used just right. " but one thing that I like about equestria is the diversity of its residents and the fact of how often that magic is used. Griffons are quite interested in magic because we want to broaden our knowledge. Same goes for me. However, there is one problem.... griffons suck at magic" Kazas smiled and laughed to himself. " say, you ever thought about visiting the griffon empire? You'd be a hit with all the female griffons!" Kazas said, jokingly but with some measure of truth in his statement. Kazas then saw what raze saw. " hold that thought... That looks suspicious." Kazas's kind, joking attitude had completely changed into a serious, calm demeanor. his stance changed slightly, and he was ready to unsheathe his sword. " I don't like this... Any idea what they're doing, Diego?"