Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

Now it was Raze's turn to be stunned, but he put his hoof around her again, and they both sat there in silence.

This is... actually quite peaceful, Raze thought. He never experienced this kind of thing before, so he was, in truth a bit nervous. But he thought about it. They really were, in a way, similar. They both had their own version of hardship and loneliness, and they both had something special about them which they really didn't want: White Rose and her demon. Himself and his killer's aura, not to mention his weird stripes. Not to mention... this is the first pony he actually talked to as a friend, and... he found the thought surreal... LIKED. It was like a dream, none of it seemed real to him. But it was... as real as it ever could be.

He looked up at the sky again. The moon was full, the light reflecting off of a nearby stream.

Beautiful night, Raze thought to himself. It was times like these were the thought of a killer plague seemed distant, and fleeting.

He looked at White Rose. She looked as if she was trying to hold back tears. Probably from recalling her long lost family...

"Hey," Raze said with a comforting smile. "If your gonna cry, then do it. It's not good to hold back your feelings. Besides, I don't mind... I'm here for you."

• Brohoof 1

Diego gave Kazas a rare smile. "Hey," he said. "Don't knock the wards. They've saved my life more times than I can remember. Next time, make sure that you're the right side of the wards so that you don't crash into them. And it's far more effective to put an Ursa to sleep rather than attacking it; once it's asleep, it'll stay that way for some time and when it wakes up, it won't remember anything. Not even the ponies who were attacking it."

He put the wards back into place once everypony was inside, leaving a small gap for Vaas to get back in by. He made sure that the gap was visible to Vaas by setting a glow that would be unseen by anypony else to show him. Diego didn't want any harm to come to Vaas; sure, the pony had problems but he didn't believe that Vaas was really planning to steal the necromancy and use it for evil. He was just misunderstood and outcast like Diego himself; after all, the ponies of the town where he'd lived had believed that Diego was evil, just cuz of all the bad things that the chaos spirit Discord had done all those centuries ago.

Kazas laughed at Jester's comment about not being able to fight. " thanks for setting my rib back in place jester. But I've suffered worse than this when I was In the griffon civil war. I've suffered impalment by sword and I still fought. I'll be damned if I let a rib keep me from fighting. I'm still going to participate in combat, regardless of what wounds I sustain. You could cut off an arm, and I would just keep swinging with a sword until im dead. besides, if i do die, my opponents will have a nasty surprise waiting for them, courtesy of my dear spirit friend in my sword" Kazas said smiling.

He looked at Diego and returned the smile. " I'll remember not to leave next time. And nice job with the Ursa, by the way. Those things are a pain in the ass to kill. You saved us all a lot of trouble." Kazas said chuckling.

" ow, damn it hurts to laugh. I swear, if my wife had seen everything today, I would've gotten slapped so hard for putting myself in danger. Griffons mate for life, after all. When the partner of a griffon dies, the griffon never takes a new lover. It isn't by choice, you know. It's instinctive. And I can't bear the thought of taya having to raise three hatchlings alone." Kazas smiled at the thought of her. He knew that, if he were to die in battle, it would leave his father and mother heart broken, as well as his wife. Besides, the three unhatched eggs that were laid were soon to give birth to hatchlings. Kazas was to be a father soon.

" well, I'm going to bed. It's been a long day and I've had a little too much. It's been fun. And raze, if you get some action tonight, keep the noise down, buddy." Kazas chuckled and heard the others laugh hard. Kazas meant nothing by it. It was a joke.

(edited)

The Jester clapped Kazas on the back with a armor-clad hoof."That's good to hear that we have another pony that actually knows how to tough it out" He nodded. "Welp, I think I'm gonna hit the hay as well. Seems like an eternity ago that we got of the train this morning, huh?" He grinned. "Welp... g'night" As he went into his tent, he caught a glance of White Rose and Raze sitting together. He shook his head. This whole thing had too much drama. He ducked into the tent, where he fell asleep almost instantly.

White Rose steadied herself and exhaled, shuddering. She nodded and sniffed. She turned to Raze, as to say something- and just totally melted down instead, hugging herself and, with the hoof around him, Raze as well

After a few minutes, she calmed down again. She sighed and straightened up, blushing. Again.

"S-sorry about that..." She said. "I-I'm supposed to be strong... but all of this just makes me look like a weakling... like a teenage mare..." she shook her head and decided to fall silent, looking at the moon. It was full, and the light seemed to reflect everything.

Edited by The Space Marine Twi
  • Brohoof 2

Judith jumped down from the tree she was in and tiptoed past the ursa minor just in case it decided to wake up early. Next Judith went through the charm gate that was set open by Diego, so that the others in the group could get inside without running into it.

Judith really wasn't that tired, in fact she hadn't slept in days. She really wasn't sure what was wrong, but felt perfectly fine. Judith put down her weapon and sat by the fire near her saddlebag. She thought to herself. Things are really starting to pick up around here. We will be going to fight the necromancer soon, and then we can finally get to go home and collect our reward. Well if I can't sleep, I might as well converse with the others who are still up, or keep watch.

Judith got up from her seat near the fire, and went over to Diego. "Hey, we really haven't met or anything., but i'm Judith." Judith stuck out a hoof to the mage. "I just wanted to thank you for protecting the group and all by putting up the barrier and putting the ursa to sleep. Well, i'll seeya round' ."  Judith walked away and stared into the fire while retaking her seat.

Vaas thought about the offer she made him until something whispered to him, "Are you really going to trust her? She could be weakening you so they can kill you without a fight. We always been here for you don't try your back on us now." The voice became silent.

His eyes showed signs of regret and anger, "Thank you for the offer, but I can't let these souls go. They mean to much to me, and they gave me a second chance unlike the others in this group..." A bitter tone to his voice. "Destruction and death may be a effect of this power, but it keeps me safe from others if needed." Holding a small flame in his hoof. "You know I'm hated by most of these ponies even if I surrendered myself they would hesitate to execute me." Extinguish the flame in his hoof. Standing up picking up his scythe turning to the tree behind him. "I just want to get this mission over with so I can just live my life and not worrying about who's going to kill me." Staring at the tree he became enraged.

His hoof's were set ablaze with a black flame he drew his scythe and slash the tree. The tree was falling and burning, but before it hit the ground the tree disappear. He threw his scythe into what was left of the tree. All signs of rage were gone he sat back on the floor looking at Seer, "Forgive me my rage was building from early I didn't wish to unleash it upon Raze. I needed to strike something down so that tree was my calmer."

(edited)

"It's okay, what's wrong with admitting your feelings?" Raze said to White. "It doesn't make you any weaker, it makes you stronger. I know sounds cheesy and a bunch of BS, but that's what it is."

He straightened up. "Throughout my life, I didn't have the courage to stand up for myself and admit I hated being mocked and beaten all the time. My emotions of hate, anger, and malice swirled up inside me, and made my aura turn into a killer, spiteful kind; something that could turn me into a twisted being if left unchecked. Maybe, if I had just been braver, and.... ah, DAMN IT, why do I have to sound like a cheesy guy from a kid's show sometimes?! Ugh..." He facehoofed his head in frustration.

"L-look... what I'm trying to say is... don't let the guilt swallow you up... let's face it... you've been through a whole lot of shit, and it's okay to admit to yourself what you really feel about it. So don't be afraid... let it out once in a while. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... and sweet Celestia, I'm doing it again! Being cheesy and whatnot..."

He put a hoof to White Rose's face, which was stained with her tears, and they both looked at each other.

"If you want, you could always talk to me. And I mean this in the most un-cliche way possible... I'm there for you. You got that?"

He stood up. "You might want to get some rest. Let the Jester take over first watch for you.." He looked at the Jester, who was nearly wasted from alcohol. "On second thought, maybe it's unwise to let a pony drunk out of his mind take first watch. Maybe White Darkness could do it. And also... remind me to stop being such a cliche pony..."

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~

She nodded silently, wiped her eyes, and stood up.

White Darkness came out of the forest. She sighed and put a scowl on her face. "What were you doing back there?" she asked.

He smiled a half smile. "I don't know... A visit with someone familiar, perhaps?" He nodded to the shadows. Out stepped a changeling in a hooded black cloak, smiling.

Rose paled. "But L-Lord Inquisitor Moon Crypt? What are you doing here?"

Moon Crypt smiled. "Perhaps I have come back early from diplomancy with the Griffon Empire. Perhaps I just came back to say hi and see what you and your friends,"- he guestured around to the entire camp- "are up to. Perhaps I have some important information from the Princess that she would like you to know. Or maybe D. All of the above?" Moon Crypt sighed. "However- seeing how late it is- It will have to wait for the morning. I'd prefer to say this in front of all of your allies."

White Rose nodded. "Of course. Might I offer you a tent?"

"No thank you. I have a small campsite away from the drunkards. Lets me sleep better."

"Alright. White Darkness, take second watch."

His face fell as she stumbled off to camp, trying to make sense of what happened that night.

Shadow Seer sighed. "Alright. If you wish to be that way. But I give you a fair warning: if these spirits interfere with the mission at hand, I may be forced to remove them- whether you want it or not." She bowed deeply. "Good night." She slipped her way out of the forest and made her way to the tent, where a silent White Rose was pretending to sleep and organizing her feelings. 

Raze sighed. He looked at White Darkness in a slight smug grin.

"I have a feeling you were there for longer than I think. And you probably heard everything that was going on. Just... don't say anything about it, alright?"

Raze nodded at both the changeling and White Darkness. Then, he decided to head to his tent and call it a day. As soon as he went inside, he fell flat on his back, exhausted from this day's events, and conked right out, as he always did....

------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Forest, 0880 hours

11 miles from Swallow's Creek

------------------------------------------------------

Raze finally awoke, fully rested, although his back ached a bit from turning at night. He sat up and gathered his blades, then walked outside. He found that he had awoken earlier than the others, surprisingly, and that no one was up and about yet, except Kazas, who was on watch duty.

Well, he looks wasted, Raze thought to himself. He decided to stand near the middle of the camp, and train a bit; fully knowing they were near the necromancer's village. But first....

"Hey, griffon! You think you drank a bit too much last night?" Raze said to Kazas with a slight laugh.

He then took a deep breath, and became focused, drawing his swords out and making delicate swings, practicing his offense...

• Brohoof 1

Kazas looked over at raze and laughed with. " last night? Pfff. I've had enough to drink for a lifetime. I'm swearing off alcohol. A hangover isn't exactly an asset in battle" Kazas said with a laugh. " I'm fine now. I slept it off and I'm ready to depart as soon you and the others are ready." Kazas sat on a big rock, and unsheathed his sword. He looked at his reflection in his sword and entered into a deep state of thought.

' hmmm... Wonder if my other eye will be slashed like with the time with Gorven.... It's been a long time coming since I first took up this blade and discovered your power.'

The sword started to glow its familiar red aura. ,'" yes Kazas... It has been a long time... And yet you've never had to use much of my power... Though the time to use it may be soon... I trust your judgement on when and how to use it completely.",

Kazas smiled, then held his rib cage. Jester had done a great job at mending it, and it would only be a mild hindrance. Kazas got off of the rock and walked toward raze. " you know... You're stronger now. Stronger than you've ever been."

Raze looked at Kazas in a confused manner. " you know what I'm talking about. You try to but you can't hide it. There's no doubt that youre quickly falling for that girl. And in turn, she's falling for you, friend." Kazas said with a smile.

" you now have something to protect. And you have the power to protect what you hold dear... But do you have control over that power. Your aura makes you a formidable warrior, but you're quick to anger. You have a hard time controlling your aura, from what I've gathered. If you'd permit it, I can teach you how to wield such a power, as ours, though diffrent, are yet the same, as we use emotion to control it. either way, I don't care. You're more than strong enough for what we must do. But... If you're interested, just tell me. I assure you, you'd be all the more stronger when we are done."

• Brohoof 1

Diego slept peacefully thruout the night, and woke up fairly early. Not for the first time, he was feeling lucky that he didn't ever suffer from hangovers so the previous night's alcohol consumption hadn't affected him. A pounding headache was never a good thing. He went to wash at the stream, shivering in the cold water as he did so, then returned to the campsite. He thought over the day before, how Judith had actually thanked him for his work in protecting the others and he felt a warm glow of satisfaction, something which rarely happened to him. He felt appreciated and needed, and as tho he was finally becoming an accepted member of the team.

The unicorn checked the wards; nothing had disturbed them and all was well. Sometime during the night, the Ursa had awoken and left to its unknown lair, leaving only an area of flattened grass behind. Diego used his magic to conjure up a few things for breakfast; at first, just cotton candy and chocolate milk arrived, but after he concentrated more, he was able to come up with food that was actually nutritious. He left the sweet things aside, thinking that somepony might like them, along with food for the others in the team and started his own breakfast.

• Brohoof 1

The Jester burst out of his tent. "Good morning!!!" He exclaimed. "Anyone brought any bananas? No? That's too bad. So, what's for breakfast?" He slipped out of his tent and stomped over to the fire, which was promptly started.

White Darkness stumbled out, wiping his eyes. "Y'know, friend, there are some of us that actually like to sleep later than six o'clock in the morning."

The Jester grinned. "That may be, laddie, but today is not one of those days. We've got a village to conquer and a necromancer to destroy!"

Shadow Seer poked her head out, quickly followed by White Rose. "Another day. Perhaps something important will happen," commented Shadow Seer.

"It should," responded White Rose, "unless we have lazy mercinaries. Which might happen. Although with half of them up already, I don't think so."

Moon Crypt appeared out of a tree nearby. "Hello all." He yawned and took out a perculator. "Anyone want- or, in my case, need- coffee? Ah, breakfast! Thank you, Diego." He nodded and munched down.

The Jester shrugged as he stepped back from a roaring fire. "I always thought that inquisitors were an odd sort."

"I heard that."

Vaas woke up in a cold sweat, "My nightmares are getting worse each passing day..." He mumbled to himself walking out of the tent. He grabbed a piece of bread out his bag and walked out of camp. Finding a quite and beautiful location to eat his breakfast and clear his mind of his nightmare. Taking the last bite of his breakfast he sat there for a moment enjoying the serenity of the forest, but soon he found himself a little stress, "I need to let this stress go..." Pulling out his violin. Starting to play something soft letting the forest echo with his music. Feeling the life around him made him feel so call forgetting about the mission and everypony at the camp. He kept playing his music soon spirits come out of his scythe and began to dance with one an other. The forest became a dancing ground for the dead, but Vaas had a smile on his face as he watched the spirits dance to his music.

Seems like they are all happy when I play my music...well this makes me feel a lot better knowing there's a way to cheer up my spirits. He thought as he continued to play.

"Alright... I'll... consider it," Raze said to Kazas with a slight bow.

He stopped training now that everyone was up. He saw everyone was having breakfast, and his stomach soon started rumbling.

Man, I forgot... I haven't eaten anything last night, Raze thought. I was too busy talking to White... huh. He looked at White Rose, then smiled slightly.

Well, she's looks better now, he thought.

Now, he really needed to eat. So he grabbed an apple, a couple pieces of bread, and a cup of coffee, and sat down near his tent, munching slowly, but hungrily. At the same time, he thought about what the griffon had said. An opportunity to control his little power? He said himself that they had the same powers, and that they were both controlled by emotion. Maybe he should take this chance. If the griffon was right, and he knew how to control something like this, then maybe he would be better off...

Ugh, he thought. I shouldn't be thinking this much in the morning... I gotta hurry up. He quickly downed his coffee, finished the rest of his bread, saved the apple for later, and stood up; stretching his limbs.

Kazas returned the bow. " very well. But deicide soon. I can't exactly teach you when we set off for our destination, though. It'll be a nuisance to the others that we would stop just for that. I'll await your deicision, raze."

Kazas then walked toward his tent and equipped his ball and chain. " I haven't used this thing in awhile.... Best I start to, or I'll get rusty with this thing." Kazas put his shield on his back and thought to himself.

' best defense..... Is a good offense. Besides, if I can channel fire into this thing, it becomes lethal on a huge scale.'

Kazas then unpacked some of his food, and pulled out his favorite; grilled lizard on a stick, farewell gifts from his wife, seeing as how it was his favorite. He devoured them while thinking to himself.

' I wonder if ponies eat meat like griffons do.... They're not exactly birds of prey, or built like a predator, even. Meh. Oh well. Hopefully they don't think that eating fried lizards are gross'

Kazas eventually finished and was refreshed. His hangover was starting to subside along with his headache. He sat near his tent, awaiting raze's answer, as well as the announcement to depart.

After stretching, Raze finally came to a decision. He'll take Kazas's word for it, and see whether or not he could really help him to control his aura.

Hey, Raze thought. It sure beats running around like a crazy killer if I get pissed off. Now... where is he? We should get this over with before we leave

He looked around, searching for signs of the griffon. He finally found him, entering his tent. Raze walked up to the tent, and entered. He found him examining a mace. Kazas looked up, a bit surprised, and saw that Raze had come to a decision. Raze cleared his throat, took a deep breath, exhaled, and he spoke.

"Alright, Kaz, you got me, man. You convinced me, and I'll take your word for it. You better know what your doing. Otherwise this could get... messy. I didn't come here so you could mess around. Soooo..." Raze drew out his swords. "What do you want me to do?"

Kazas nodded at Raze's agreement, and exited the tent, with Raze following behind. They both walked a little while, until they came to a small clearing, not far from the camp.

Kazas smiled at raze as they walked. " had this been yesterday, you would've flat out refused... But now you know that you have something you care for... This is what makes you immensely more powerful than yesterday."

Kazas took twenty steps away from raze and drew his sword, and pointed it skyward. He took the shield off of his back, and mounted it on his right claw. " the secret to controlling an aura based on emotion is to have a control factor... Something that calms you and that you know if you fail to protect, may very well be obliterated. For me, my control factor is my wife, my soon to be hatchlings, and my mother. They bring a feeling of calm and peace to my mind. When vaas and I were about to go at it. You saw me calm myself. I thought about the ones I love, and I was able to control my emotion and my power. Now that you have someone to love, you too now have a control factor in your life. I can tell she brings calmness and peace of mind to you. This will be influential in guiding you to control of your power."

Ooc: I'll take control of raze slightly, just to push the story. Don't worry, I won't godmod.

Kazas then lowered his sword. Flames began to engulf his body, and searing agony was set ablaze. Kazas's left eye glowed a firery orange. He pointed his sword toward raze. " now is the time to recognize your full potential! Summon your aura! Come at me with all of your might! Let us deicide if you control the aura, or if it controls you!"

Raze summoned his aura, and readied himself. After three seconds, they both charged at each other. Kazas and raze entered into a sword lock and Kazas spoke.

" good! You've summoned your aura! Now think of white rose! Try to calm your mind while maintaining your aura! Do this and you have full control over mind and body!"

Raze thought about it for awhile, and tried to concentrate on her as much as possible, with what little control he had over himself.

Damn it, think of something! Anything! The fate of your well-being -- and apparently, a certain somepony's-- depends on it! Sorta...

He then thought about last night, and how... strangely peaceful it was, being with her and just sitting there, trying to comfort her as much as possible....

He felt himself stop. The blurry vision and hazy memory that he usually felt when in this state was... completely gone, but he could feel his aura around his eyes and could see the trail it left out of the corner of them,,, 

It worked, Raze thought. It really worked...

"Hooly shi--" Raze was about to say something, but was hit by Kazas's shield, of whom was unaware that Raze had mastered it. Raze was knocked on the ground, but threw his serrated blade at Kazas's shield, which threw him back a bit due to Raze's increased strength. This gave enough time for Raze to strike down at the shield. The blow was vicious, and it sent Kazas reeling to the left. He tried to swing horizontally at Raze with his sword, but he parried it, while taking the serrated blade stuck in Kazas's shield. Raze brought them both downward, knocking the sword from Kazas's hand. He then pointed his unserrated blade toward Kazas's face, and smiled smugly.

"I gotta hand it to you, Kaz, you work fast," Raze said, "But not fast enough." His eyes flashed blood red.

Kazas felt very proud of this moment, and was proud of raze. But it wasn't over yet. Kazas still had his fire. " humph. But then again... I've never had to use full strength!" A flame barrier appeared in front of raze's sword. It completely encircled Kazas. Kazas then, with the force of his willpower, made the barrier explode, pushing raze to the ground. " like I said, our power is the same, yet diffrent. You have succeeded in controlling your aura. Now all that's left is to master it. And remember, never underestimate an opponent. You never know what they can do. All aspects of battle must be considered."

Kazas's flames died down, along with raze's aura. You learn at an impeccable pace, raze. There is no doubt that you now have everything you need to fight at full strength." Kazas helped raze up. " you are very skilled in your fighting style. Amplified by your aura, you can become an absolute beast of battle, friend. Remember what I taught you and use it to you're advantage, raze. And never lose sight of what keeps you at peace. This seperates you from the title of a so called monster."

Kazas bowed to raze. " you have learned all I can teach you about control. Go now and sever the chains that bind. Be with rose. She's waiting for you, you know."

Kazas picked his sword and shield up. Kazas's sword eminated a firery aura once again. the spirit spoke to both raze and Kazas.

'" you both have done well..... I am proud of both of you. Kazas, you taught him well. Raze! Never lose sight of rose in your mind, as Kazas said. You're now stronger than ever. congratulations!"' Kazas and raze then walked back to camp together, eager to start the journey once again

Ooc: ( sorry I just had to. I'm all for that cliche teacher owns student surprisingly XD.)

• Brohoof 1

As soon as everypony had eaten breakfast, Diego went about the camp taking the wards down, as they were not needed any more. Once he had finished, he took out the letters from Starfall and read them over again. He wondered about the foal, who was by now a lot older than a foal, and who he had only ever seen in the viewing window. She was a pegacorn, and he didn't even know her name.

In fact, Starfall had named the foal Glory, and she had inherited her father's chaos magic, as well as her own talent for prophecy which is what her cutie mark signified. Diego didn't know any of this and it made him sad. He felt he had missed out on getting to know the foal, and thought that if he returned from this mission, he'd have to go to the griffon country and see Starfall and their daughter as soon as was possible.

Returning to the camp, Diego wondered when they would leave. It was never a good idea to hang around a temporary camp after everypony was up and about, cuz they might attract unwelcome attention, especuially from the ponies who lived around this area.

(edited)

The changeling dealt out the last of the coffee, and stood up. "Alright, all. Before you get going again, and before I part ways with you, I have several things that I need to tell you. First, I conducted a standard scouting run for you guys." He handed Raze and White Rose a copy of a sheet. "Secondly- for White- it appears that the village and surrounding areas have incredibly weak dimensional barriers. Any powerful magic could open a rift to- well, you know where." All of the Daemontouched nodded.

"Thirdly- and lastly- due to the moral threat that stands for the village, High Inquisitor Karma has been deciding whether or not to bomb the village into oblivion. Due to some diplomacy on my part, he decided that he would reserve his judgement- whether it would to be bombed or not- for two weeks before recommending it as a course of action to Celestia, saying it would be plenty of time for the mercinaries- that's you lot- to finish the mission- to capture the necromancer alive." He stood up and bowed. "Well... since that has been said... I wish you good luck." He straightened, transformed into a grey pegasus, and flew off into the forest.

When he had left, The Jester let out a sigh. "I told you: Inqusitors are an odd lot."

"I heard that."

White turned to Raze. "You want to read that, or shall I?"

((OOC: Hey, DM! If you want to determine what's in the report, then speak up now.))

Edited by Thunder Knight

"I guess you could do it," Raze said to White Rose while handing her the paper. "This whole demon-hunting thing is your gig anyway. In the meantime, I'll just listen to it, but first, I need you to give a minute. I gotta do something real quick." He smiled, and went off to the side. 

When he was a few feet away from White, Raze decided that he needed to think about his newly reformed powers, and tried to make it happen once more. He closed his eyes, focused, and let it take over him. When he opened his eyes, they flashed blood-red, but Raze still had complete control over himself. He grinned at the fact that he had finally use this power without being overcame with a blood-lust. He then put it out, his irises now returning to their natural shade of dark green. He stretched a bit, then returned to where White Rose. It looks like she was ready to read whatever was on the paper, and Raze acknowledged that.

"Hey, sorry about that. I just needed to do something important first, but now I'm ready. Sooooo... What's this whole scouting thing about?"

((Raze, y u no post recon report?))

White Rose looked at him, then shrugged. "Alright..." She took out the peice of paper. "So, the city is on top of a large hill. The Town Hall is at the highest part of the hill. The rooftops are flat- an archer defending's dream- and a thick stone wall bars entrance by standard menas, except for two gates on the north and west side of the town."

"Next... the ponies there are living as savages- every mare for themselves- except for the mayor, his assistants, and the company of 'Royal Guard' that have been corrupted and retrained with promises of safety for their family and friends. The mayor is a tall unicorn, grey with a blue and red mane, and a gavel cutie mark."

The city has an undead problem- whether or not this is the mayor's doing or not is unclear. Every evening, zombies and skeletons mob the town. Anyone not inside-or highly skilled- is killed by the hordes. He turns a blind eye to this fact."

"And, finally, there is a resistance movement that is being organized by an unknown pony. Contact could not have been made before he left."

White Rose stood up straighter and looked up. "What are you guys' opinions on this?"

(edited)

(I don't know, I felt as if someone else should do it. But I'll make it a bit interesting)

"Something seems... off." Raze said as he looked at the sheet. "You simply don't turn a blind eye to these kinds of things, that's for sure... You gotta keep your citizens in control, make sure things don't get inside and murder everypony. I mean, think about it... if what Celstia said is true, and these people follow everything that necromancer says... maybe he controls them with a spell, maybe not. Hell, what this scout saw could have been just an illusion created by the necromancer himself, you never know what anypony is capable of..."

((Ooc: Yes, I might switch up the village a bit. Just a bit...))

He straightened up. "But hey... that's just my opinion. Unicorns like him can be a tricky bunch. Conjuring up illusionary villages and ponies and fake undead, you name it... a village like the one mentioned... it sounds too predictable. It's like we expect someone of his calibur to live in someplace like that... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm no demon hunter..." He looked at the Daemontouched. "But in my line of work, you come across all different kinds of shady ponies... some who can do things like you never imagined..."

Edited by ~Twisted Genius~
  • Brohoof 1

Diego was still unsure about offering his opinion, but eventually decided he had nothing to lose. If they listened, good; if not, then at least they couldn't say nopony had said anything when asked.

"This pony that's leading the resistance," he said. "Do you know anything concrete about them? Are they a unicorn, pegasus or earth pony, and is it possible to make contact with them? Their knowledge and resources would come in handy if we have to plan an attack on the necromancer's hide out. As for the mayor, if needed I could match his magic with my own. It would serve as a distraction so that others can enter the place and attack from behind."

Diego knew that some ponies had a sense of honour and would not agree that a sneak attack was the best way, but to his mind, honour was useless unless one could be sure that the enemy would also stick to it. In his experience, most did not so it was pointless adhering to a code of honour when the enemy would be doing everything in their power to defeat those who fought against them.

• Brohoof 1