Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Luna a changeling?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

I know this sounds ridiculous, but thing about it.

The changelings change shape correct? And what did Luna do in the first episode? Yes, change shape. She changed into the darker wonderbolts, and the thorn in the Mantacor's paw.

So, would that somehow make Luna part changing? Or is it just her being a princess thing? And if it is just her being a princess, can Celestia do it to?

Tell me in the comments!

/)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Luna is an Alicorn....

And thus she has immense power, which could easily allow her to change shape with a simple...or more complex spell.

But no, she isn't a changeling at all smile.png

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

The changelings change shape correct? And what did Luna do in the first episode? Yes, change shape. She changed into the darker wonderbolts, and the thorn in the Mantacor's paw.

So, would that somehow make Luna part changing? Or is it just her being a princess thing? And if it is just her being a princess, can Celestia do it to?

Tell me in the comments!

/)

It could just be her powers. She was Nightmare Moon during those eps,which means her powers were of more dark magic, so who knows, she might have had some transfiguration/transformation spells that she was able to use.

Edited by Bayleef
  • Brohoof 3

Luna is an Alicorn....

And thus she has immense power, which could easily allow her to change shape with a simple...or more complex spell.

But no, she isn't a changeling at all smile.png

Yea, I know she'a an alicorn. I was just wondering if there was like a plot twist or something. I knew it was a silly question. Thanks.

/)

That was Nightmare Moon not Luna, then again NMM is Luna.  NMM has that power, changelings can't become more then one pony.  Luna just has the power to change into Nightmare moon and that form has the power to change into things.

• Brohoof 1

Naw I doubt it, to dark a plot anyways for a show like this to suddenly do something like this.

Besides she is an Alicorn, and when she was Nightmare moon had alot of Dark power. Therefore she can do some shape shifting, its just part of her dark magic I think. I wouldn't put it past her being able to do such stuff considering how long they've been around to practice.

Uh. That's unlikely.

If it were: It would be incredibly random, as Luna has done nothing to deem herself as evil, currently. So I don't see how this is plausible.

• Brohoof 1

Looks to me like someone may have watched a certain critique on Canterlot Wedding.

Or maybe you haven't. I guess as a theory it makes sense, and from the looks of it COULD fit into canon, but I enjoy Chrysalis as a separate entity.

Also if you haven't seen the video yet, I recommend watching it through to the end. I was worried it was gonna be JUST the british guy bashing the episode, then

when bronycurious (guy who I was already subscribed to and have watched most of his videos) showed up to save the day I squeed in delight.

• Brohoof 1

I was just thinking about something similar yesterday during a tin-foil hat moment. Given that Luna was never on-screen at the same time as Chrysalis, perhaps they are one and the same. The only times we've seen her was when she kept watch at night and when she greeted the ponies at end, after the Changelings blasted off. We also know that she had ambitions to overthrow Celestia in the past.

Hmm, makes one wonder, doesn't it?

post-9109-0-05750500-1365383917_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Luna is a changeling. 

The power that she used in the first episode, I think was only something Nightmare Moon could use. This is only based on the fact that we have not seen her use it after that. Maybe she can transform with her magic, but I don't think it would require her to be a changeling. Also it would be kinda random for her to be a changeling all of a sudden. 

Hmm interesting theory

Now I don't really buy it thought. Her shape sifting had to do with her dark powers of shadows and I recall almost any character that has controlled of shadows an munipulate their body in some form.

In any case it is an interesting idea.

Tell me in the comments!

/)

you need to read the mlp comic series, issue 5, it should cover this whole thing up

and i kid you not, there is a comic series

issues 1-4 is about the return of the changelings

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No way that could be true. A decent fan-fiction concept, maybe, but she was always an winged

unicorn/alicorn/whatever since the beginning.

Edited by тwιℓιgнт ѕραякℓє

Tell me in the comments!

/)

This plays right into my theory that Luna is Chrysalis. (I know, conspiracy theory much?) But seriously, Luna proved in both the pilot and Luna Eclipsed that she can change form, so it wouldn't be a stretch that she changed into the fake Cadence/Chrysalis. It would explain her absence during the fight in Canterlot. Then when Chrysalis was defeated, she just showed up again as Luna and acted like nothing had happened. She was testing Twilight and Celestia's strength, all without revealing herself. I mean, everyone says the Elements of Harmony 'fixed' Luna, but Celestia used them on her before banishing her for 1000 years, and if the Elements instantly remove evil, why the exile? This takes on biblical context when you think of Celestia as God, Luna as Lucifer, and Twilight as Michael. Michael defeats Lucifer and earns a higher place in heaven than Lucifer, which is what happened with the ponies (Celestia sends Twilight to the Crystal Empire in the Season 3 opener, and snubs Luna, who looks jealous/angry about the situation) 

tl;dr: Luna is Chrysalis, so she is a changeling, is still evil and is lying in wait biding her time to strike Twilight and Celestia!

• Brohoof 2

This plays right into my theory that Luna is Chrysalis. (I know, conspiracy theory much?) But seriously, Luna proved in both the pilot and Luna Eclipsed that she can change form, so it wouldn't be a stretch that she changed into the fake Cadence/Chrysalis. It would explain her absence during the fight in Canterlot. Then when Chrysalis was defeated, she just showed up again as Luna and acted like nothing had happened. She was testing Twilight and Celestia's strength, all without revealing herself. I mean, everyone says the Elements of Harmony 'fixed' Luna, but Celestia used them on her before banishing her for 1000 years, and if the Elements instantly remove evil, why the exile? This takes on biblical context when you think of Celestia as God, Luna as Lucifer, and Twilight as Michael. Michael defeats Lucifer and earns a higher place in heaven than Lucifer, which is what happened with the ponies (Celestia sends Twilight to the Crystal Empire in the Season 3 opener, and snubs Luna, who looks jealous/angry about the situation) 

tl;dr: Luna is Chrysalis, so she is a changeling, is still evil and is lying in wait biding her time to strike Twilight and Celestia!

It's an interesting theory but it presupposes that the writers make those kind of connections. The other issue is that King Sombra was the bad guy during the Crystal Empire and not the changelings. Why Luna was dissatisfied has never been proven, but it seems like she did not trust Twilight as much as Celestia and it's just how she is.

It's an interesting theory but it presupposes that the writers make those kind of connections. The other issue is that King Sombra was the bad guy during the Crystal Empire and not the changelings. Why Luna was dissatisfied has never been proven, but it seems like she did not trust Twilight as much as Celestia and it's just how she is.

When I mentioned the Crystal Empire, I wasn't saying Luna was behind that as Sombra, but rather that she was simply angry and jealous that Celstia was entrusting Twilight with something she hadn't left to Luna and left Luna out of their private discussion. It will be interesting to see if Luna will have a more prominent role in S4 now with Twilight as an Alicorn...

Well what about the comic book? It shows that once the 6 defeated Chrysalis and the changelings they were blasted off to another Kingdom and just ate that. Also at the end of the comic she and the changelings are trapped underground in that castle. When the comic it ended it showed that Luna just got lost. Kinda add to the theory. 

The comic to me showed how someone would act after losing. They come back with a better plain and try and take revenge and not come back to a castle just to show you missed me. To me it's just lazying writhing.

Well what about the comic book? It shows that once the 6 defeated Chrysalis and the changelings they were blasted off to another Kingdom and just ate that. Also at the end of the comic she and the changelings are trapped underground in that castle. When the comic it ended it showed that Luna just got lost. Kinda add to the theory. 

The comic to me showed how someone would act after losing. They come back with a better plain and try and take revenge and not come back to a castle just to show you missed me. To me it's just lazying writhing.

Perhaps it is, but if that is the case, then is the fact that Chrysalis just happens to have a thorough knowledge of the Canterlot Caves under the castle, despite having never been there before she infiltrated Canterlot (something LUNA must know though) just lazy writing too?

(edited)

Perhaps it is, but if that is the case, then is the fact that Chrysalis just happens to have a thorough knowledge of the Canterlot Caves under the castle, despite having never been there before she infiltrated Canterlot (something LUNA must know though) just lazy writing too?

Good point, but what if Chrysalis took the form of another pony before entering Canterlot and gained knowledge of the area? I mean you don't just capture a princess and not have a place to put her. For all we know Chrysalises has been in Canterlot for a month before capturing Cadence.

Not to mention if Luna was Chrysalis she would have had more time to learn about how Cadence acts and maybe even learn more about Twilight.  

Edited by pinkiefan1287

I think her shape shifting in the first episodes was due to the dark magic which corrupted her in the first place. After she becomes luna again, she loses the shape shifting ability (except for that one time in Luna eclipsed)