Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heads-Up: Bug reports are about to change!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

As of today, access to the Pony.fm bug tracker has been restricted to developers. Users will no longer have direct access to it. There are a number of reasons for this, not least of which is that I'm actually migrating to a much nicer tracker that lives outside of MLP Forums.

As the launch of Pony.fm's open beta approaches, a few changes are being made to the way bugs and feedback are collected to maximize community interaction and minimize developer turnaround time, and this is one of them.

Until now, users have had to come all the way over to MLP Forums to file a bug report or start a feature request topic, and go to two different, disjointed places to do either. Pony.fm Beta will have a small form visible across all of Pony.fm which will allow you to submit feedback or a bug report from any page on the site, at any time. Your form submission will be used to start a discussion thread in a public forum here on MLP Forums, where anyone can comment on it. I and the other Pony.fm developers will be monitoring these topics closely for feedback.

The issue tracker is a tool designed for developers first and foremost, and I feel a public forum will be much more accessible and intuitive for most users, while at the same time preventing misplaced feature requests from being filed as "bugs".

Temporarily, from now until this form is implemented, you may report bugs in this forum, by emailing me at feld0@pony.fm, or buzzing me on Skype.

• Brohoof 2

So the idea is to have a public form where other users can comment on it?

Will this thread be located in a new subsection?

Either way sounds great ^_^

So the idea is to have a public form where other users can comment on it?

Will this thread be located in a new subsection?

Either way sounds great happy.png

Yes, the idea is to channel all feedback into a central, public location where anyone and everyone can pitch in on it.

A bit of remodeling will be done around here on MLP Forums. Although I haven't firmly decided this yet, the on-site feedback form will probably feed right into this forum, which will be renamed appropriately once the alpha formally ends.

• Brohoof 1