Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deadspace Crossover

SilverHeart

OOC Link: Deadspace Crossover OOC

The Fleur de Lis steadily sailed towards a large island. The first thing most noticed was a large hill that dominated the center of the island. Others first noticed the handful of white stone buildings that contrasted with the dark green trees that covered the entire island. As Fancy Pants' personal cruise ship neared the island more buildings became visible. These were small luxurious wooden buildings that seamlessly blended into the trees that surrounded them.

The waves gently rocked the Fleur de Lis as it slowly pulled to a stop at the docks, it had taken five days of sailing to reach the resort. Unicorns, Pegasi, Earth Ponies, and even a few Zebras and Gryphons stood on the deck of the passenger ship, waiting to disembark. The passengers slowly shambled off of the boat.

(edited)

Drop Forge had finally been awaiting this break from his work at the Blacksmith forge he owned. Lately his back had started to hurt and he knew he needed to relax for a while, and what better way to relax then at a resort..owned by non other then Fancy pants himself.

He watched as the cruise ship began to approach the landing slowly, but surely as it cut through the waves ever so gently. The ship came to a gentle stop and the ramp leading off the ship was extended and carefully latched safely to the port below.

Drop Forge slowly began to disembark the ship and head towards the main hotel Lobby. His Saddlebag was full of both his personal possessions,money and some tools he always brought with him. The ponies,Zebras and other species shuffled around him but he managed to come out in front from his rather purposeful strides.

The Hotel was a beautiful site, as it jutted out of the ground in all its glory, shinning like a monument to pony ingenuity. Drop Forge wasn't sure on it's size, but it was definitely quite large in its own right.

He pushed through the front door and trotted over to the main service desk and rang the bell on its top, its sound echoing through the lobby.

The lobby itself was littered with expensive furniture and one of the most elegant design schemes he had ever seen in his long years. The Walls were expertly painted and the ceiling had a beautiful glass chandelier that seemed to scream... "I'm Expensive" ... out across the lobby and the guests inhabiting it below.

Drop Forge leaned on the desk and waited on the service pony, so he could get his room.

Edited by Dawn♥Rider

Ocean was standing by the docks watching a large ship coming into port.

She sighed and adjusted her saddlebag before taking a small path around the hill. She was told she would be meeting some other archaeologist's there...but she was leaving earlier than the others. She couldn't wait to get a look at this ruin.

After a couple minutes of walking she made it to a large cave moving into the side of the hill. It was rather dark but a few torches could be seen around the entrance. She smiled and sat down on an old log outside to wait for the other Archaeologist's. She reached into her bag and pulled out a book about ancient ruins and structures to read while she waited.

((This post is a meh kinda post...))

• Brohoof 1

Raptor stepped off the boat and scanned the area as he always did, looking around for any threats or anything that might be advantageous to him should he have to fight someone. He was here to survey the place knowing that he may well have to apprehend targets here in the future. That, and he wanted to prove that griffons belonged here just as much as ponies. He headed into the hotel and waited for his turn to check in.

Lost Knowledge headed towards the agreed upon meeting spot for the archaeologists. He was excited for what seemed to be a very promising job. He always looked forward to a chance to discover something new. When he arrived at the meeting place he noticed there was already someone there.

@,

"Hello. I take it you're a fellow archaeologist?" 

• Brohoof 1

@@Alex Kennedy,

Ocean looked up as somepony spoke. She nodded and stood up. "Ocean Wind. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance." She said in her formal Trottingham accent. She held out a hoof to shake the colt's. "And you must be Lost Knowledge." She said, thinking about the information papers they were given when they arrived.

@,

Lost nodded and shook her hoof.

"Yes, that's me. Ocean Wind, huh? I've heard a lot about you, and I must say, you're work with potions and the like is quite impressive. It will be an honor working with you on this mission. So... what do you think is going on here anyway? It seems pretty unusual, even for our line of work."

@@Alex Kennedy,

Ocean smiled and nodded then looked at the large entrance into the ruins. "That is a good question. I am feeling quite eager to get in and have a look around...I rarely enter ruins...usually I am at home reading about them or examining pieces of things that other ponies bring to me...but this is one of the rare occasions I actually get to go in. And yes...from the bits and pieces of other caves and ruins I have seen...this looks totally new and unique...its wonderful." She said, happily.

@,

"That's exactly how I feel about this. I only hope the others arrive soon so we can get started. We have such a great opportunity to discover something totally new. Something that hasn't been seen by anypony for hundreds, or maybe even thousands, of years."

@@Alex Kennedy,

((Its just gonna go back and forth between the two RP's))

Ocean nodded. "We'll be famous...which I don't really want but still." She chuckled and took a few steps towards the entrance. "You know...we could go in and just take a look around the entrance...that wouldn't do any harm." She said, grinning and moving a little closer.

@,

Lost grinned mischievously, but was still uncertain about whether or not they should. "It's certainly tempting, isn't it? You really don't think anypony will mind or anything? I'd hate to get kicked off the project because I couldn't wait a few minutes. 

(edited)

@@Alex Kennedy,

"We'll just stay near the entrance...no pony will mind. We are doing this so we can get a good start and really focus on finding anything inside...come on." She said.

She adjusted her saddlebag before walking into the ruins.

Her eyes lit up...all around them were statues and symbols and the room was huge.

Ocean smiled and moved over to the closest statue. She pulled out a book and began flipping through, obviously very interested in what the symbol meant.

((Hey Silver Heart. If you wanted us to wait to enter the cave, let me know and I will just edit this. And Alex...I'm going to wait to let everyone else catch up a bit.))

Edited by Jolteon

Silver Heart sighed as she stepped off the ramp and scanned the island before. This island looked nearly perfect. The sun overhead was bright and its beauty was mirrored by the ocean waters. Silver Heart was one of the first passengers off of the boat. This is amazing, I didn't think that this island would be so beautiful. A steady stream of passengers were headed towards a large building towards the center of the island. Silver Heart levitated her bags behind her as she took her place in the line to check-in.

(OOC: posting from my phone. Thoughts will be quoted instead of italicized. Also if I have time I'm gonna go ahead and write in the temporary Archeologist OC so we can move things along a bit. If I don't ill write him in in my next post.)

Silver Heart had just finished checking and was walking towards her room. It was in a small building towards the rear of the resort, closer to the hill than any of the other buildings. For the first few minutes of the walk she admired the beauty of the island. There were birds singing, a few ponies walking with their families and special someponies. This island seemed like a piece of paradise. The bird calls were beautiful and unlike any she had heard before.

As Silver got closer to her room her head began to hurt. Her hooves began to feel heavy, everything became blurry. "Oh Tartarus, this can't be happening...I can't be getting sick now. Maybe if I just rest for a few minutes I'll start to feel better." She thought. Silver Heart looked around until she spotted a bench further along the path. She grunted as she forced herself to walk towards it. With every step she felt more of her strength drain from her until she barely managed to pull herself onto it.

@@@Alex Kennedy,

Surf Skimmer finally saw the island from the ship's deck.  She hoped the others wouldn't think poorly of her for missing the boat and coming late.  Scooping up her saddlebags, she bid final "See ya, dude!" to the captain and launched herself from the bow of the ship, wings outstretched.

Gliding on the ocean drafts, Skimmer was able to travel much faster than the ponderous ship.  The water was sparkling and beautiful.  Closer to the shore she saw the reefs, schools of colorful fish and she wanted nothing more than to dive and explore- but she's kept the others long enough.

Landing on the sandy beach, she looked around for her new associates.

"Hmm, Lost Knowledge and Ocean Wind are probably already in the ruins... I hope they're cool with me coming in late like this."

After asking around, she got directions to the ruins and trotted toward them while taking in the scenery.  Finally she came upon the entrance and poked her head inside.  She hoped they were here.

"Anypony home?  I'm Surf Skimmer!  Sorry I'm late!"

• Brohoof 1

Drop Forge had taken his room key and was now in his rather lavish room, overlooking the front of the hotel and the beach.

It was filled with expensive furniture that had cost him many bits per night, but was worth it for the nice break.

He placed his saddlebag down and hopped onto the bed, laying back and enjoying the quiet moment by himself to catch up on some relaxation.

He let his mind wander to his work and began to think of all his upcoming commissions, and letting it take over his thought of relaxation.

Drop forge shook his head rid of those thoughts and let his mind go blank as he rested.

@@Stratos,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Ocean frowned at her book then at the symbol. She closed the book and put it back in her bag just as somepony spoke. She looked back near the entrance of the cave and smiled. "There you are. We were just waiting for you before we head any deeper into the cave. My name is Ocean Wind, and that is Lost Knowledge." She said, gesturing over at Lost.

@,@@Stratos,

Lost waved at the new arrival.

"Greetings, miss. Well, now that we're all here, should we get started? I'm quite eager to begin exploring."

Raptor quickly got his key and headed up to his room. He was surprisingly tired from the trip, and decided he would get some sleep and scout out the area later.

@@Alex Kennedy,@, @@Stratos,

Azure Glyph, a light blue Earth Pony with a Dark blue mane, walked along the path towards the ruins. He was an archaeologist from Canterlot. His saddlebags were slowing him down, since he had over-prepared and stuffed every tool, document, and reference that could be potentially useful into his bags. ​He knew that he should be happy to be here, after-all he was one of a hoof full of archaeologists that had been personally asked to study the ruins by Fancy Pants. Unfortunately ever since he had arrived to the island he had been afflicted with terrible head pain. Now he just wanted to get this over with so he could go back home. The cave was finally in sight. He wasn't sure but he thought he had seen another pony walking into the cave.

@@@Alex Kennedy,

"Nice to meet you both.  Yeah! Let's get going!"  Skimmer fluttered her wings excitedly.  "I hope we get to do some diving, I brought my gear.  This is gonna be awesome!"  She looked at her new companions and smiled.  Skimmer may not be the most educated of the group, but she's an expert exploring caves and the other two ponies looked every bit as adventurous.

@@SilverHeart,

@@Stratos,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Ocean glanced at the entrance of the cave. "I think we are waiting for one more pony...speaking of which." She moved towards the entrance of the cave as hoofsteps could be heard coming in their direction.

She trotted out and spotted the last of the crew, Azure Glyph. "Hey, we're all waiting inside." She said.

Azure Goyph nodded and followed Ocean into the cave. "Ah, my apologies for running late. I'm Azure Glyph. It's a pleasure to meet you all." He said forcing a smile. "Have you three had a chance to look around yet? I'm afraid I don't really know what we are supposed to be deciphering."

@@SilverHeart,

Ocean nodded. "I took a look at some of the hieroglyphs and couldn't figure out what they are...I took a look through my book about ancient civilizations and couldn't find anything about it...its rather strange. I have figured out a few things...but I haven't seen anything like it before. I am eager to go in deeper." She said, walking back into the ruins.

"So, I guess this rounds out the egghead brigade?"  Skimmer teased playfully.  "Where do you guys think we should start exploring first?  Do you need me to scout out the cave?  It would be a total bummer if anypony got hurt, 'specially with your noses in your books."

Azure Glyph started to walk further into the cave. "I think we should start at the ruins, if you want to look around and explore that's fine too. I may do a bit of exploring myself once I set up all of my equipment." 

"So Ocean, you said you hadn't seen anything like the hieroglyphs before...were you able to at place a possibly era to when they were made?"

@@SilverHeart,

Ocean thought for a moment. "Well...that depends. If you mean how old they are as in how long they have been here...probably a few thousand years...before the reign of Celestia and Luna. But...its strange, they look almost futuristic...And they almost look like the symbols in a temple somewhere in the Ambleazon...but I feel like these may have inspired the hieroglyphs in the Ambleazon I have figured out two...light and monster...or evil if you want to get creepy about it." She said, following the rest of the crew deeper into the ruins.

@,@@SilverHeart,  

Lost Knowledge nodded as he inspected some of the runes more closely. He put away his glasses and turned to face the others.

"If I had to hazard a guess as to when they were made, I'd say they probably go back to the paleopony period. But I agree that they look... strange. Perhaps futuristic, like you said. I don't know what to make of it."