Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your most hated character in a video game?

An Old Head

There are some characters in video games that I just can't stand. Everyone has a few that they are thoroughly displeased to see, or just have a burning hatred for something that they did. Or maybe they're just irritating! Which is the character in a video game that you hate the most?

(highlight white text to read spoilers)

\Kristoph Gavinis my most hated character. Ugh. The stuff that he did was just... detestable. I don't think there's a word in the dictionary for how much he angers me:

This guy Kristoph was a defence attorney. He took on the case of a famous magician accused of murder, so that he would gain fame from representing him. In order to ensure the case being a victory, he asked Vera Misham, a forger, to create a fake diary page for him to use as decisive evidence proving the magician innocent. Of course, this was highly illegal, and Kristoph didn't want Vera to tell anyone about it.

This is where he hatched one of many downright despicable plots. While paying Vera for the forgery, he also gave her a bottle of nail polish as a "good-luck charm". He told her that telling anyone about the charm would make it wear off. The bottle was laced with a deadly poison; Kristoph had noticed that Vera would bite her nails when nervous, so that if she ever began to talk about the forgery, she would bite her nails, ingest the poison and die.

He also sent a stamp to Vera's father, Drew Misham, which had the same poison on it; he asked for the receipt for the fake diary page to be mailed back using that stamp, so that Drew would also die. Kristoph essentially forged evidence to gain himself fame, and attempted murder on the two forgers that gave him the evidence so that he wouldn't be found out. The lives of two people, for a little bit of fame. That is shit.

What's worse is that when the magician ended up refusing Kristoph as his attorney (making the two death attempts not only pointless, but worse than that) and taking on Phoenix Wright, Kristoph was infuriated to the point of impressing the fake diary page onto Wright, then tipping off the prosecutor that Wright had forged evidence. Sure enough, the prosecutor brought Drew Misham (who hadn't used the poisoned stamp) to the trial who then admitted that the diary page was forged; and in one fell swoop, Wright was disbarred and Kristoph lost all relation to the forgery.

And Wright is one of my favourite video game characters. I will never forgive Kristoph for ruining Wright's career and future.

Oh, and Drew Misham did die using the poisoned stamp; Kristoph set up Vera to be convicted. Also blamed Apollo Justice, her attorney, and the prosecution for questioning her to the point where she bit her nails and fell comatose. Sly twat.

It's that cold disregard for only so many people's careers, futures and even lives, all for a smidgeon of fame as the attorney for a famed magician... it's why he's my most hated character.

• Brohoof 3

i think i hate that stupid turtle  throwing hammer dude in super mario... i always die from this hammer  throwing >.< never passed him....

post-14350-0-49092600-1365438692.png

• Brohoof 8

i think i hate that stupid turtle  throwing hammer dude in super mario... i always die from this hammer  throwing >.< never passed him....

What I love the Hammer Bros! No the worst character would have to be someone from like pokemon that darned old man who is blocking your path...

In Diablo 3 there was a character called Leah.

She is the worst ever character ever, she just sucks so hard it's unbelievable. The plot is supposed to be based fairly heavily around her, but she says stupid things all the way through and seems to just point blank ignore part's of the plot which is ridiculous considering most of them she was there for and flat out saw them with her own eyes.

What I love the Hammer Bros! No the worst character would have to be someone from like pokemon that darned old man who is blocking your path...

I have to admit, that guy is annoying. All they tell you is that he needs is coffee before you can pass, I was like what am i supposed to do? where do I even get coffee ?

That and the fact that he is a old man, why is he lying in the road because he needs coffee ?!?

• Brohoof 3

While i don't hate Silver in Sonic 06, he is a very annoying character to fight, if he grabs you with his telekinesis you're pretty much screwed, not to mention when he does it he keeps yelling "IT'S NO USE!"

Mr. Morooka from Persona 4.

There I was, just trying to enjoy my average highschooler life, and this Morooka guy never hesitates to trash me and the rest of my generation. He even fits the insults into his boring lectures. Worst homeroom teacher ever.

Navi, from the Zelda games. "Hey! Listen!"

Toad, from the Super Mario Brother Games. "Sorry, but your princess is in another castle!"

• Brohoof 2

It is a tie between Baby Mario in Yoshi's Island and Navi in Zelda Ocarina of Time. Baby Mario's crying is like nails on a chalkboard and Navi saying "hey" and "listen" every two seconds can get on my nerves.

• Brohoof 2

By far Alyx Vance in Half Life 2 and its episodes..

She's always hitting on a guy thats roughly 20+ years her senior and NEVER speaks to her, then acts like their an item constantly.

And shes always in the way when trying to get things done.. I know its a deliberate mechanic and all, but i still find her annoying as all hell.

Her aside in my many years of gaming not sure i can think of to many that irked me enough to dislike them in a way thats not just because they're difficult to defeat..

(edited)

I would say Roman Bellic from GTA V. He always lies, gambles away all his money, gets kidnapped, and wants to play darts every ten seconds. He called me in the middle of a gun fight and then called me again 20 seconds later in the same gun fight. 

Edited by The Brony Code
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I hated Hope in FF XIII. I always had found him so irritating that I couldn't finish the game. It makes me sad because I love the Ff series as a whole, and this was the first game i didn't complete because of him. From what I remember he was mostly useless, and whined and complained all journy long about how horrible he has it when others have it worse. And he does it in front of him.

I stopped playing at the 3rd disk.

Edited by Hayzelestia
  • Brohoof 1

The girl in Resident Evil 4, Ashley. She's completely defenseless, and utterly useless. She can't even climb down a ladder without Leon's help. As soon as I unlocked her suit of armor, I unloaded my Chicago typewriter into her for about a minute.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Dahlia Hawthorne from Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations. I can't even summarize her story, to do so is to pretty much explain just about the entire plot of that game.

Let's just put it this way: she is calculating, deceiving and simply pure freaking evil. I mean heck, not even death could stop her from trying to take another victim out of vengeance. You'd also hate her a lot more if you knew Prosecutor Godot's story, but I'm not spoiling that for anyone.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't normally hate any video game characters, but I hate some for being just plain annoying. I really hate Slippy Toad from Star Fox 64. All he does is ask for your help in his irritating voice that sounds like a girl, and never does anything to help you. He also makes you play that really hard desert level with the Landmaster because he flies off into space and, once again, he needs your help. Also, like other people said before I hate Navi from Ocarina of Time and Ashley from Resident Evil 4 because they won't shut up either.

Edited by BuckeyeBrony

9-Volt from from the WarioWare series.

215px-9-Volt_DIY.png

Even though I am quite a fan of Nintendo, I just find this kid very annoying. 9-Volt is basically everything I despise in a hardcore Nintendo fanboy. He has expressed tremendous egoism throughout the many times we see him speak, and in the first WarioWare game, when you choose an individual microgame to play, he just felt like putting at the end of every instructional description of his games a sentence saying how awesome the original game is, and it just really irritates me.

Not to mention that he probably has the most bland stories out of every other WarioWare character. In the first game, characters like Mona are running late for work and is being chased by the police for speeding, while Dr. Crygor got tired from dancing in his laboratory and got a stomach-ache from drinking one of his chemicals which he mistook for a glass of water. But what about 9-Volt? He just stays at home to play on some DJ turntables? That's it?

Throughout the Nintendo universe, I can tolerate many infamous characters such as Toad, Navi and Slippy Toad, even if all they seem to do is constantly say the same thing, because I can easily cope with that. But with 9-Volt, a character whose personality is just plain annoying, not so much.

Dahlia Hawthorne from Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations. I can't even summarize her story, to do so is to pretty much explain just about the entire plot of that game.

Let's just put it this way: she is calculating, deceiving and simply pure freaking evil. I mean heck, not even death could stop her from trying to take another victim out of vengeance. You'd also hate her a lot more if you knew Prosecutor Godot's story, but I'm not spoiling that for anyone.

Dahlia's a pretty close second for my hated character, next to (name in first post) from Apollo Justice. Both act cool and calculated, but in reality are the most evil that can come. Same with Matt Engarde.

(edited)

duck-hunt-dog.jpg

That dog from duck hunt.

Look at him... Sitting there, laughing at me. HE'S LAUGHING AT ME! HE THINKS THIS IS FUNNY!

I THOUGHT DOGS WERE LOYAL, THIS DOG ISN'T LOYAL AT ALL, HE'S JUST STUPID!

Edited by Commander Urdnot
  • Brohoof 9

Tidus, from Final Fantasy X.

Hate the voice actor, hate the character, hate his lines, hate his attitude, hate his dim-witted conclusions and justifications...  Pretty much anytime he said anything or did anything that I wasn't making him do personally, I wanted to cast firaga on his face.

• Brohoof 3

I could never beat slenderman! I mean, in the game, he is like, EVERYWHERE. He is basicly a stalker with no face, and a Calvin Klein suit.

• Brohoof 1

Most of the video games I ever played were Mario-related. 

On that happy note, let me explain why I hate Toad so much.

I think this picture will do nicely.

large_20080908-thank-you-mario-but-our-p

And I always react the same way. Which I will not post up here, because I do not wish to receive another warning. 

So instead I will move on to Peach.

She's just very annoying with that high-pitched voice of hers; always getting kidnapped by Bowser. It's so annoying, like, Princess, learn to defend yourself!

• Brohoof 1

Algus from Final Fantasy Tactics, the guy was an elitist asshole who killed Delita's sister, and enjoyed it. Even after fighing him and killing him(and his ghost as well), I'm still not satisfied

Also Sylvia from No More Heroes, I just don't see what Travis saw in her

• Brohoof 1

Silver The Hedgehog. Gahh, MOST ANNOYING VOICE ACTOR EVER!

Princess Elise. Really, Elise? Really? You're gonna kiss a dead hedgehog and risk the rabies and fleas in the mouth! Ew! Click the spoiler below for a hilarious comic.

sleeping_cutey_by_ZoDy.jpg

Sagat. Quit with the flipping tiger moves already!

And finally... there's a special place in hell for the following character...

sonic-free-riders-7.png

He's annoying and stupid and always tells you such obvious "advice" that it makes you want to scream. Below is a funny video parodying this irritating creature's stupid advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ax9jfI_kU

• Brohoof 2

img-1352171-1-duck-hunt-dog.jpg

That dog from duck hunt.

Look at him... Sitting there, laughing at me. HE'S LAUGHING AT ME! HE THINKS THIS IS FUNNY!

I THOUGHT DOGS WERE LOYAL, THIS DOG ISN'T LOYAL AT ALL, HE'S JUST STUPID!

I agree at 100% with that. I also hate that dog. Seriously. I keep trying to shoot at him when he show up because he's so darn annoying.

• Brohoof 1