Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Rumors

Sugar Pea

(edited)

So I've been hearing some season 4 rumors lately.

I heard that Rarity will become a villian for a while and will transform into
NIghtmare Rarity. I heard this from a youtuber who claimed that it was in the
official MLP FiM Comics, and is also a fan made OC, so it may be true.

Also, I keep hearing that they might change the intro since Twilight has wings,
and before I forget, Hasbro is going to take our beloved Derpy off completely, taking her off the merch as well.

Is all this true?

Edited by chowchowpie

So I have been hearing some rumors about MLP FiM season 4 lately.

I heard that Rarity will become a villian for a while and will transform into NIghtmare Rarity. I heard this from a youtuber who claimed that it was in the official MLP FiM Comics, and is also a fan made OC, so it may be true.

and before I forget, Hasbro is going to take our beloved Derpy off completely, taking her off the merch as well.

Is all this true?

About the Midnight Rarity thing, that is from the comic book. The comic book is in no way affecting the TV show, just a gag in the comic book.

If Twilight keeps her wings (which I doubt she will), of course they will change the intro. She has wings, what good is a hot air balloon?

Now about the Derpy canning. This is simply not true. She was in Magical Mystery Cure, not once but five times. Plus, she was just recently put on an officila MLP trading card box. Derpy is a big money maker, so no she will not be canned, but she will not be in every episode because of the soccor moms. But don't worry, she's still there.

/)

• Brohoof 6

'Nightmare Rarity'? Well, this'll be one way they'll solve the equal amount of races in the main six. Only, It'll be the main... 5? :? I dunno, this doesn't look very legit to me. I guess It'll be another method in balancing the main six characters again. Perhaps this 'Sunset Shimmer' will join the main six... at least from other rumors I sorta believe. 

• Brohoof 1

So I have been hearing some rumors about MLP FiM season 4 lately.

I heard that Rarity will become a villian for a while and will transform into NIghtmare Rarity. I heard this from a youtuber who claimed that it was in the official MLP FiM Comics, and is also a fan made OC, so it may be true.

Is all this true?

Can you spoiler this or something? i have not got my comic yet and now i no some of what happens :C

i don't want the same thing to happen to other people :P

Can you spoiler this or something? i have not got my comic yet and now i no some of what happens :C

i don't want the same thing to happen to other people tongue.png

I don't read the comics...lol

Okay, I'll spoiler the Nightmare Rarity part.

Everything else is out in the open anyways, so yeah.Sorry xD

(edited)

I heard that Rarity will become a villian for a while and will transform into NIghtmare Rarity. I heard this from a youtuber who claimed that it was in the official MLP FiM Comics, and is also a fan made OC, so it may be true. Also, I keep hearing that they might change the intro since Twilight has wings, and before I forget, Hasbro is going to take our beloved Derpy off completely, taking her off the merch as well.

Well about the Nightmare Rairty thing, you've got to remember that the comics are not made by anyone working for Hasbro. So you've got to keep the show and comics as two different stories. Even the writers has said themselves that the stories in the comics will NOT be based on episodes. Therefore I assume that neither will episodes be based on the comics.

The thing about changing the intro because of Twilight, I don't know. It depends. If Twilight stays Alicorn, maybe they will. But personally I believe that  Alicorn Twilight is temporary, which means, no intro change with Twilicorn. However I believe that the season 4 intro will be a little bit different anyways.

The last thing about Derpy is false.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

I believe that all of the rumors stated above are not true accept the into part (If she keeps her wings that is) I believe that the comics don't follow the canon story. P.S If Rarity were to be a villain a better name would be "Nightmarity"

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

If Rarity were to be a villain a better name would be "Nightmarity"

NightRare Moon, if you will.

Anywho, that's happening in the comics, as many have already pointed out. As to the whole Derpy thing, nobody knows. If she is back, it's going to be more like S1 in terms of exposure.

Unless the crew just says "Buck it" and gives her a few lines.

Either way, we can all apparently still look forward to Grey DeLisle (Mandy from Grim Adventures and Azula from Avatar) doing her voice in a fan project.

Everybody wins!

• Brohoof 3

Hasbro has made it clear that the comics, books, etc. are not cannon in the show's storyline. So the whole nightmare rarity thing is completely irrelevant until it happens in an episode.

To answer your second point, they probably will change the intro to suit twilight's new wings.

Lastly, about derpy, i dont think there going to abandon her altogether. The fallout with her was mostly in season two and i feel like they are going to have her appear, just less than before. Also, she winks at the camera in one seen during MMC as if hinting that she isn't gone for good.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro has made it clear that the comics, books, etc. are not cannon in the show's storyline. So the whole nightmare rarity thing is completely irrelevant until it happens in an episode.

Word from the staff is that the comic book is technically canon, but the extent of that is that the comic book won't really influence the show (which is why the ending to the first arc was so roundabout), but the show will leave the events between seasons vague enough for the comic and any other books to fill the void.

Speaking of which, the Crystal Heart Spell chapter book and future others of its ilk should be considered to be like Star Wars Extended Universe novels based on canon characters: not necessary, but legitimate back story for those who care enough. Maybe the show will reference Cadence's origins, I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

Word from the staff is that the comic book is technically canon, but the extent of that is that the comic book won't really influence the show (which is why the ending to the first arc was so roundabout), but the show will leave the events between seasons vague enough for the comic and any other books to fill the void.

Speaking of which, the Crystal Heart Spell chapter book and future others of its ilk should be considered to be like Star Wars Extended Universe novels based on canon characters: not necessary, but legitimate back story for those who care enough. Maybe the show will reference Cadence's origins, I don't know.

I really hope they do get around to expanding the back stories on all the characters. Fanfic is great but it can't replace story canon. Backstory episodes are so infrequent and never seem to answer our biggest questions.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Mid-night Rarity thing will not be occuring in the show just the comics, the intro will change, not the song but the animation and Derpy will no longer have speaking role's but will occur in background scenes! smile.png Hope dat helped 

Edited by Screw Ball

(edited)

bleh, those rumors are rather silly.

i don't think they're gonna can derpy, she was seen so many times in the finale. i think the message is that the studio B team was trying to reassure us that they AREN'T going to get rid of her.

i don't really care if they change the intro, as long as they keep dat awesome song.

and nightmare rarity? that sounds both epic and ridiculous at the same time. also the key word is "for a while" meaning it would only be temporary. that one sounds highly unlikely to happen tongue.png

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

If stuff in the comics happened in the show, then Canterlot would have (spoilers for the end of the first arc are below)

been attacked by a horde of giant, magically-infused cockatrice, which was fought off mainly by Celestia and Spike.  No, seriously, they mention it in the last few pages of issue #4.

So yeah, I think that Nightmare Rarity is unlikely.  As for an intro change, that's highly probable, unless they want to be lazy.  And about Derpy, I don't think she's being canned.  Didn't they show that there's actually going to be a Derpy trading card in the second set?  I thought I saw that on EQD a while ago...

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So I've been hearing some season 4 rumors lately.

I heard that Rarity will become a villian for a while and will transform into

NIghtmare Rarity. I heard this from a youtuber who claimed that it was in the

official MLP FiM Comics, and is also a fan made OC, so it may be true.

Is all this true?

I doubt the whole thing in the spoiler will happen, since it's just in the comics. The intro, however, may change, since they did not intend to even have a season 4 at first. And I can reassure you that they are NOT going to get rid of Derpy, since they know we love her so much. In "The Last Roundup," they even at first made a scene where Rainbow Dash addresses her as "Derpy" as a "tip of the hat" to the fans, but they were forced to cut that scene out, too. I have no clue why, but this is proof that they care about us and our love for Derpy.

You lost me at the part about believing something some commenter on Youtube, said img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Really though, Nightmare Rarity is in the comics, but the comics have little to no influence over the show. On the contrary, the comics tend to tackle concepts the show didn't, or can't.

I expect the series intro will change, but I hope the balloon scene is left in. It's a reminder of where Twilight came from, to get to where she is today.

I think Derpy will be hanging around. :)  If she was in the big season finale, why wouldn't she pop up elsewhere during regular season episodes.

• Brohoof 1

They are not caning derpy but chances are she will never have any lines and will remain a back ground pony, Thats fine by me its fun rewatching episodes and trying to find her.  The nightmare rarity has happened in the comics and that story arc will end in the next comic so nightmare rarity will not be in the show. 

Why do people say "I heard this rumor" and they never post any source to it. =(

M. A. Larson gave an interview(I can't find it at the movement) on cellphone while he was walking in the street. He said that writers avoid writing background ponies into script because they're afraid to invalidate fan interpretation of characters.

After MMC, he gave another interview(http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ponytoast/2013/04/21/episode-50-fifty-episodes-holy-horsefeathers) where he said that Derpy was actually written in the script but she got cut for time.

The writers hinted that disability will be brought up. I take it could be either Scootaloo or Derpy.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I doubt the whole thing in the spoiler will happen, since it's just in the comics. The intro, however, may change, since they did not intend to even have a season 4 at first. And I can reassure you that they are NOT going to get rid of Derpy, since they know we love her so much. In "The Last Roundup," they even at first made a scene where Rainbow Dash addresses her as "Derpy" as a "tip of the hat" to the fans, but they were forced to cut that scene out, too. I have no clue why, but this is proof that they care about us and our love for Derpy.

They cut her name out because the soccer moms found her name offensive, and wouldn't it suck if we were stuck with just three seasons? It all ended with MMC, and that was the end, aside from EQG. "Yes! Everythings gonna be just fine!" *cut to credits* *le end of series* Bronies: "OH COME OOOOOONNN!" Then it'd send us all into insanity and anger at Hasbro.

I would love to see a Nightmare Rarity episode! Also, why would they kill off Derpy merchandise...isn't that like, most of the merch anyways? At least at my Hot Topic it is. They have Derpy shirts, pins, stickers, toys, lunchboxes. Why would they stop producing a character that makes them money?

I think we might see some changes in Season 4, maybe some episodes related to the comics so we could see some new episodes that we will enjoy and maybe compare the episodes to Season 3.